My Book: Clashing Forces is hitting bookshelves July 5th!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vim
Its been awhile since I've been to the KMC forums, but I'm back and with some great news!! My book, being published by PublishAmerica is being officially released July 5!

I cannot wait, and for all your questions, about wheres and whens, well to be honest i'm not real sure. And it takes a little bit a for a book to get to the online stores, so don't go to amazon.com on 7-5 expecting it to be there! Well, I know JKozzy will be excited if ever sees this. Well if you have any more questions or comments about it, let me know, pm me or email me at [email protected]!! later wink

JKozzy
eek!!! I'm going to go see what Barnes & Noble has to say about the book, I'm hoping they'll carry it. How does distribution work, Vim? They'd better distribute here! stick out tongue Otherwise I'm definetly going online to get it. I see that the website's up now, it's loading a flash movie right now.. big grin

Congratulations, man! happy

§pearhead
what's it about stick out tongue

JKozzy
Vim, the flash movie doesn't load... cry

Vim
yeah sorry about the movie, we're having techincal difficulties! very very sorry, gonna try to have that up by monday, so far now, you'll just have to wait... again i'm sorry embarrasment sad

If you want a quick synopsis: Artificial Intelligence has grown so powerful that it took over the humans. The humans only defense are the martial artists who were untouched by the A.I. and technology. That doesn't mean they dumb by any means, they were able to make their bodies stronger and increase their inner power. The story is about two brothers who have grown up during this chaotic war between man and machine.

Vim
The best way you are probably going to ensure that you get my book is by going to one of the online sites, because there has to be quite a demand for my book in your area for any of the bookstores to actually try and get it and sell it in their stores. This is my first book, i'm no John Grisham or Dean Koontz, my books are gonna get sold right here in my own hometown first, then slowly spread, and heck by the time its out there, the next two in the series should be finished and ready to go! That's right its the Clashing Forces Trilogy! The first that is coming out in a couple of months is Clashing Forces: Reclamation, the next one will be Preservation, followed very closely by Revitilization!

§pearhead
I look forward to big grin

A friend of mine and I have a decent story in the works, but we don't know if we should make it a book, or a comic strip, I dunno.

thumb up g'luck in all this though

badkittykitty
that great news Vim! good luck with you book,I'm excited for you!!

Vim
thank you all for your support, and who knows you may show up in my next book! except of course with names changed, because we don't want any of that legal stuff in our way...

BOPRecruit 16
OMFG! eek! *jaw drops* what is your story about, how did this happen, and where is this place that is publishing your story? this is freakin' cool! cool

Freddy_vs_Jason
Congratulations Vim!! sounds like a good read!!

I've been thinking of a story about an 8 year old boy who is transported to a magical world were he finds a strange necklas, he meets all sorts of magical creatures and new friends, the friends tell him all about the power of the necklas and that its full power remains a mystery, also there is a propecy about a human child that will defeat the evil Lord Tancred, he loses some friends along the way and must travel to the tower were Tancred lives, as well as escaping some of Tancreds minions.

Mine sounds kinda dumb but I'll have to add to it......

Vim
No way, me and my younger brother have a story in the works that is very similar to that, but with plenty of differences though, and uh no necklace or anything. If you want to know what the book is about just check out the sneak peek click on the link in my sig! Its the first 6 or 7 pages i think of the book, and give you a good idea of how its gonna be! Well later everyone.

Freddy_vs_Jason
That sounds cool. And I will be writing my story tomorrow in the general fiction forum. I would really apprectiate it if you would all take a look wink

BOPRecruit 16
check out the link. will do later! big grin i'm in the process of creating two original stories that i hope someday i can post at fictionpress and than maybe...publlished! eek!

§pearhead
no that aint dumb...different, but it ain't dumb. Just don't ask about mine evil face let's say the earth is doomed happy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.