if you were a genie...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

surf_bunny86
If you were a genie, and someone asked you this wish: "I wish that you would not grant me this wish". WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

§pearhead
I'd do absolelty nothing confused

surf_bunny86
but by doing nothing you are granting his wish, and ur not supposed to

yerssot
fulfill the wish by doing nothing
he ask to get a wish less, so that's what he should get

doesn't matter if you say you grant the wish or not, you as a genie have to obey him by not granting it that's his wish

TheProgramSmith
But by doing that, you are breaking the bond of disobeying the masters commands. By not granting the wish, you are granting his wish.

It is an answerless question

yerssot
what are you disobeying exactly? he asks not to grant it, you follow it by not granting it, that's the wish he want

§pearhead
no kruffing kidding, thats why you asked this stupid question. If I was in that situation, I'd do nothing or say "I'm not the kind of genie who can grant that wish."

Oh wait a second! eek! I'm NOT a genie! Why should I care? roll eyes (sarcastic)

§H@Ñ€
would live in my pimped out bottle and tell who ever came a rubben to go blow it! :P

DemonicGambit-2
If I were a genie I'd tell them to go away, I'm the one with the cool genie powers

Godshinto
I have a very active Imagination and I have been thinking about this Situation For Many years. If I had a Genie I would wish that I could reach into any tv or picture and make any item I grab real and pull them out. Think ABOUT THE POSSIBILITIES! Tell me how that's not a good wish.

Kosta
blink ........ blink Trick question!

Df02
just dont do nething, ur fulfilling the question, he asked you not to complete the wish, and by doing nothing your not completing it, therefore obeying ur master wink

either that or id slap him

Gullom
hmmmmm

If I was a genie I would get my self a house instead of living in a lamp!

TheProgramSmith
But by doing nothing, you grant the wish, and you were requested by your master not to. Therefore, you cannot do anything. Here is another example of the same type of question:

"A town decided one day to prohibit lying. Anybody who was caught lying was to be hanged immediately. One man, who had been honest his entire life, went to the cop shop and said, "I am about to be hanged for lying to you." "

He is lying, and therefore should be hanged. However, if they hang him, he would be telling the thruth.

Df02
id still hang him, because he sounds like a ***

spudly23
Well he wished it so there you don't do anything 1 wish down 2 to go

Gullom
sad I wish for world Peace....

Df02
i dont, without violence theres no fear of consequence...Oo

TheProgramSmith
He wished the wish was not granted. So how can you grant that wish? Thus, 3 wishes left.

It is impossible to answer. You could argue this til the 'cows come home,' and there still would be no resolution.

Gregory
If I were a genie, and someone wished that, I'd slap him.

ravengirl
I'd use his wish to not have his wish fulfilled to get a cup of coffee, then offer it to him, take it away from him again and drink it myself.
That way I'de have fulfilled the fact that I have to fullfill wishes and at the same time not given him anything, and I get a cup of coffee smile

greeting rg

WindDancer
I would persuade the master to make a wish. After all Genies are known to be mischivieous. So, the master shouldn't be surprise at my actions.

Myth
I'd grant him a wish but not what he asked for. I turn master into a CHICKEN! *POOF

DemonicGambit-2
So from what I gathered if the members here were genies and their master asked them not to grant their wishes they'd be

a) Slapped
b) Stared at by confused faces
c) Ignored
d) Have their coffee taken away
e) Or turned into a chicken....

blink You know what I never want a genie.... blink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.