Should Bill have been killed so easy?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

((The_Anomaly))
i liked how she killed bill at the end....however..i just think that they should have had a much better sword fight before she did the 5 point exploding heart technique....i think that they should have fought and then just before she does the 5 point exploding heart technique, they both should swing thier swords and hit the swords and both being hattori hanzo swords they sould have cut each others swords at which point she should have done 5 point exploding heart technique...that would have made bill look not so..well..useless

((The_Anomaly))
i mean she has a much better fight with O-ren Ishii, and they make Bill to be like some sort of crazy martial arts guy who trained with Pai mei, and hattori hanzo and all that, and he does nothing....that kinda disappointed me at the end...what do u guys think?

lil bitchiness
I think you should use spoilers, because some people may not have seen the movie yet!

burlyman
It wasn't exactly easy. She'd killed a hell of a lot of people to get to that point. She killed him respectively with technique her master taught her (and only her?) that Bill first told her about. He's the man, it'd be wrong to slaughter him, after that amazing chapter!... and with B.B. there messed

burlyman
There's a deleted scene where he fights. wink

dave123
it was obvious that was how he'd die erm

but it wasn't easy, she was getting owned stick out tongue

badkittykitty
I added them

samhain
I agree with dave123, as soon as Bil told the story of Pai-Mei and the fact that he never teaches anyone the 5 point palm thingy you knew what would happen. Even the Bride says it herself when Bill asks her, she says "Of course he did" reffering to her being taught the technique.

I understand what you're saying lil', but I don't think someone who didn't want to know what happens in KB 2 or any other movie on this forum they wouldn't visit a thread titled 'Should Bill have been killed so easily?'. I myself avoided this forum for days until I saw Vol.2 to avoid being told what happened, I just hung around the horror forum for a bit.

burlyman
eek! BKK love

dave123
laughing out loud

sarahvma
I think the bottom line should be if you haven't seen Vol. 2 yet, you're obviously not a Tarantino fan and are therefore not going to venture into a forum labelled Kill Bill/Tarantino Forum

burlyman
Or not old enough to see it messed

shifty

sarahvma
True, but with a 14A rating? It's not that hard to get in. Besides - they're not really that strict at the theaters. As long as you buy some popcorn they generally don't care.

True Tarantino fans also would have seen Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs. If you've seen Fiction and Dogs, there's no way your parents would ban you from seeing Bill.

burlyman
I have them on DVD, but I wouldn't be able to get into an 18 at the cinema - thats the ushers not the parents.

Samas-adian
I hate this crap about if you havnt done this your not a Terantino fan. Blah, Blah, Blah and Blah. Yes, i saw it on the first night because i had the chance too. Some people dont have the time to see it, or havnt got the chance because they have more important things to do, like pay rent with a job or whatnot. But thier still fans no matter what.

tabby999
well said young chap

U Neek
Just watched Kill Bill Volume 2 and, after thinking that I wouldn't like it, thought it was awesome! I especially liked the fact that you didn't have to watch the first volume (which I haven't done yet but will do soon) to understand the second volume...Although certain "twists" have been spoiled for me by watching Volume 2 first.

Back on topic, yes I think the ending was totally relevant. It was a little rushed but a sword fight followed by the legendary 5 point exploding heart technique would have been worse...Like they both loose their swords and out of no where the bride strikes with this move...The way it was done, Bill got to have a "conversation" with the Bride before he departed and it was kinda cool.

So "yes" to answer your question ((The_Anomaly)).

tabby999
i dont think bill died easy, i think he would have kicked the brides ass if she hadn't known that move. he was well on the way to beating her when she pulled it.

zombieman
Bill's death to me is an epic! She uses the most deadly martial arts more know to man, taught only to the elite, what more did you want?

dave123
how about actually seeing the heart blow up?

burlyman
or not rolleyes1

shake zula
the least known and used technique was used on bill... what more could you ask. he still coulda stayed seated and kick the bride's a$$ but he stood up like a man and faced his death. the most deadly technique of martial arts used to kill the most deadly assassin... poetic justice if you ask me...

dave123
not REALLY the most deadly technique considering it doesn't instantly kill you erm

burlyman
Well having that gap between being killed and actually dying, but feeling no pain (apart from the initial impact) must be really frightening and all that blink

yes Exactly. And knowing that he's already dead he wouldn't want to leave B.B. parentless. He had so much respect for Bea at the end, that she had managed to wake up out of the coma he put her in, kill all those people to get to him.. and knowing that Pai Mei taught her the technique... happy

dave123
the technique is only scary if you know about it.... most people wouldnt know their heart would explode

but if Bill had known she knew the attack, I guess he'd have been more defensive of it? oh well, he's dead now stick out tongue still disappointing sad

burlyman
BILL
Pai Mei taught you the ten point palm
exploding heart technique?

THE BRIDE
Of course he did.

BILL
Why didn't you tell me?

THE BRIDE
I don't know...Because...I'm
a...bad person.

BILL
No. You're not a bad person. You're
a terrific person. You're my
favorite person. But every once in
awhile...you can be a real c*nt.

big grin

Drifter101
yes it was a very cheap and short, and anti climatic death, very disappointing.

dave123
i agree sad

lil bitchiness
Isnt it 5 point palm exploding heart technique, not 10blink

burlyman
woah I didnt notice that no expression embarrasment

<<Solo>>
Yeah it was sort of a disappointing death. Maybe a sword fight and then the 5 Point Palm exploding heart technique to finish him off would be much better.

Samas-adian
Well, i think that ending was good, because everybody expects this huge sword fight, and what we got wasnt the norm. It was cool.

dave123
just because somethings not normal doesn't make it good

Samas-adian
yeah, something that director always have at the end of an action movie does not make it good either.

Drifter101
but from what we saw of all the other deaths leading up to Bill's the mother of all deaths the main goal and point of the movies, what we get is a fight not even 10 seconds long. still was disappointed w/ that.

nopy
She used the 5 point palm exploding heart technique to finish him off quickly. She knew Bill could take her with a sword. Why not take the chance when its there.

Yes Bill took his defeat like a man, but he started the fight like a coward, with no notice to Bea. One second your sitting chatting and another you have a Hanzo sword coming for your throat. Bea had no choice. The 5 point palm exploding heart technique also allowed Bill to look into Bea's eyes (and what fierce eyes they were) when she done it on him. This way he knew just how pissed she really was. The emotion shown by Uma in those 2 - 3 seconds was amazing !

I was also expecting a sword fight to top the "showdown at the house of blue leaves" and the death of O-Ren, but how could Bea have topped that?

One more point. How do we know Bill is dead ? we saw him walk 5 paces and fall but could he be faking ? could he be back in Kill Bill 3 ?

Sauron
yeah he could
because an exploded heart isnt exactly critical is it

roll eyes (sarcastic)

sarahvma
Here's the problem: if it had been one movie, certain things would have been able to play out differently. If you read the script, he had planned a big swordfight, and then the 5PPEHT. Of course, back then it was known as the Ten Point... but whatever. The fact was that even cloven into two, these movies were still running a little long, and while most cinema audiences (thanks to HP and LOTR) can handle three hours, three hours of non-stop violence maybe not so much.

WindDancer
What if she does it Twice? big grin

dave123
then your heart explosed in 2.5 steps along with your brain smile

WindDancer
lol! Pretty painful for Bill. smile

dave123
here's roughly what it looks like

badkittykitty
! laughing out loud

lil bitchiness
Maybe it reverses it big grin you never know. teehee

sarahvma
lol - I heard this group of airheads talking at school about the movie. They were, like, totally, like "Oh my God - if that happened to me... I'd like get a wheelchair and never move."

Then I thought... hm... would it work?

mook
i was slightly disappointed

- i suspected the technique would be used but i thought they would have a big fight first.

dave123
mad that was my idea

I'd so do that happy

burlyman
http://www.harrythecat.com/graphics/w/queston1.gif And do you think Bea would leave you sitting there... She aint no fool rolleyes1

shake zula
honestly, i was looking forward to the fight on the beach as the sun rises. but oh well, 5PPEHT it is...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.