Castlvania: the Movie??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vim
Okay I posted this in the Van Helsing discussion, but I wanted more people's opinion, on a Castlevania movie. Should it take place today or like Van Helsing, with the popularity of the monster hunting movies, I thought why not take a story that's been around for years in video games and give it the big screen glory it deserves, and it has the potential to be better than any of the monster movies of late. I think it would be great to see a modern spin put on it, with a old dying Belmont, trying to find his lost son to pass on the torch of monster hunting, and when he does find his son, effectively named Simon, and as the old Belmont man dies he hands his son a whip, thus begins Simon's descent into the evil underworld. This would be a great flic i think. What does everyone else think?

Aku
I Think castlevania is a mistake to make a movie of. Just for the fact that the dudes main weapon is a whip this means action scenes would be either stupidy cheesy or generally crap. I think devil may cry would be a better movie big grin.

Vim
Well, I don't know how many Castlevania games you have played, but the whip usally gets powered a bukoo of levels including flames, lightning, and thousands of other powerups also, you usually end being able to use some sort of screen clearing spell, and other smaller powerups. Along with the holy water, and cross boomerangs, I wasn't just saying the guy was going to use a whip, only a whip through the entire movie... Now do you think its cheesy?

hobington
shifty shifty I've been thinking about this since Symphany of the night at that time there was only a hanf full of grade A Fanticy movies.

<<Solo>>
Past Times would be much better.

hobington
Im not a game player (working on current castlevania)

yes I think finding spells to endoure the whip would work.

What if the whips been in the family for years but finding a spell and descovring it works with the whip sets our charater on his journy?

hobington
how about the soundtrak? how much of the games would be used?

How about the time period isn't set ? like Gothem City Usage of props(like in Vanhelsing"s lab) used on a medevil set?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.