Too many sequels?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

enyafreak
it seems that writers are having difficulty coming up with original characters and stories. look at the overload of sequels.

Matrix 2 and 3
Harry potter 3
Lord of the rings 3
Terminator 3
dumb and Dumberer
Exorcist the beggining
Scooby doo 2
Star wars 3
2 fast 2 furious
Bad boys 2
Charlies angels 2
Freddy versus Jason
Spiderman 2
Tomb raider 2
X men 2
American wedding
Scary movie 3
Shanghi knights
Final destination 2
Jungle book 2

far too many

BackFire349
yep, thank god for m night, his new movie sounds intersting

nopy
There is a difference between sequels and franchises. Some of these films you have listed are franchises for example Xmen and spiderman are set to run and run.

LindsIsTightK
I think some of these sequels look pretty good, and some of the ones I have already seen are pretty good, but there are some that I just don't understand. What is with this Dumb and Dumberer movie????? I think that movie looks absolutely terrible, no wonder Jim Carrey wouldn't act in that movie. And Scary Movie? I don't even know what the Waynes Brothers were thinking when they made those. I think those movies are so distasteful. And don't even get me started on those horrifying sequels disney trys to pull off.~

Dark_Queen
hi!!!smile

does anyone out there think that movie sequels are just getting trashy!!!
there seems to be no originality any more! there are so many sequels that have come out...like Legally blonde 2, Bad Boys 2,matrix 2, charlie's angels 2, T3 etc. when is enough,enough!!

fini
I AM sooooooooooooooooooo fed up of the recycled films we are getting

and dont put LOTR in that list.............the entire saga was done in one shot

Evil Dead
In that case.........skip the Matrix sequels also........the entire story was outlined (not scripted to film yet) at the same time.........they could only shoot the first one because they didn't know if the movie was going to bomb or not and WB didn't want to put 300 million dollars behind a project done by sophomore directors...........anyway........Reloaded and Revolutions were part of the original concept for the Matrix back in '97..............they were shot later due to budget restraints (not knowing if the first movie was going to bomb or not)...........

SST_Defiant^DFA
as long as people watched them, they'll keep making sequences. it's easier and cheaper to do a sequence, i guess. the best movies are the originals anyway so i don't understand why most people watched the sequences...smile

Kes
Well if its a sequel of a movie you like you'll watch it right?!
Its bad when they make sequels that clearly only exist because the movie made big bucks and not because there is more story to tell.

Ushgarak
Charlie's Angels is an example of that, isn't it?

Dexx
*aprooves*
i guess we can rule all of our main trilogies out of the 'bad sequel term'...

fini
yeah i guess that can work

x2 is a great example of a sequel being far better than the original(at least to me) i personally really hated x1 and wanted it to die. x2 was great though

Kes
Have you watched X1 after seeing X2 113? X2 makes X1 a much better movie. I was disapointed with the 1st too but after seeing and loving X2 I saw X1 again and now I think its awsome. But X2 is still better.

Kes
Oh T2 is also way better then T1!

yerssot
anyone mentioned AOTC and TPM already?

Kes
Those are prequels stick out tongue

yerssot
yeah, but AOTC is the sequel on AOTC wink

Kes
I was disapointed with both. Nothing could be better then the old SW.

yerssot
you watched the movie? I just stare at portman wink

Fire
I agree
personaly I have nothing agaist sequels but the story line from the first movie needs to leave room for a sequel and the sequel needs to hqve some quality

RockyBalboa
Sequels are fun, take them for what they are.
Supermans
Batmans
Spidermans
X-Men
Star Wars
Halloweens
Rambos
Rockys
Star Treks

IF you do not like them, do not see them. I would think it would be hard to keep coming up with original ideas after 100 years of movies.

ahaetrkarykl
i think the funniest sequel is jeepers creepers 2. what made them think the first one was good enough to make a sequel? i never saw the first one but wow i cant belive they made a second

GABRIEL05
Man I can't FREAKIN' believed they made sequels to the LOTR. Just kidding. She's right though. Some sequels just don't have to be made.

o kiMMii o
i really hoped that "The Terminator Series" would turn out good yah noe?! seeing how good the 1st 2 was! but it let me down by T3......
wen r hollywood gona learn?! wat a load of crap!!!!!!!!

Furzarsch
Terminator 3 is 7/10, T2 8/10, T1 is 10.
Tomb Raider is like the game.
Hellraiser is getting better and better ->
Star Wars is great: 100/10.
Star Trek NG is cool, the 10th is I think the greatest.
Alien-Sequel is 8. The 3rd is ..well.. 4.

rolling on floor laughing

wicker_man
I heard that this year will see the release of 23 prequels,sequels or trilogy additions not to mention one or two remakes.

fini
there are a fwe Sequels that have the claim of being good............they were made because the story plot could be expanded not cause some producers saw that they could get more money if they made a new one

THey should not have made T3..........T2 would be the best damn sequel ever made in my book, the movie rocked.
but this brain drain in the entertainment sector has to stop...................dont get me wrong they still make good movies but not that many great Blockbuster movies anymore

o kiMMii o
i agree.........>=/ T2 is 1 of the best sci-fic movies ever made man!
argggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

roberto
I'm afraid you can count good sequels on one hand,
Aliens, empire strikes back, T2, Jaws 2 wasnt to bad, X2, the two towers
Sadly hollywood ran out of good ideas years ago.
did we really need bad boys 2 and charlies angels 2 ?
No, course not, its bloody stupid.
Then you get stupid situations were actors are asked to not only sign on to a film but the possibility of a sequel which is why WB are struggling to find a new superman..............

Morfiwen
hollywood is having MAJOR problems coming up with interesting plots anymore!!! Makes me really mad! the only good sequels are the ones where they were all written at the same time, and they didnt just decide on the spur of the moment to do a second because the first was a hit (LOTR, star wars, etc) mad

Hypernova
Dumb and Dumberer laughing out loud

It's not out yet, but my reaction from the first.... What were they thinking??

vvvrulz
It seems to me that there are so many sequels coming out its not funny!
Any semi-big title is bound to have sequels these days, even a trilogy. And if theyre not sequels, theyre either re-makes, or adapted from a novel. Is it just me or have they really run out of ideas !! There's no more originality.

BackFire349
I completely agree. They come up with any excuse to make a somewhat successful movie into a series. Using the excuse "well, a trilogy was originally intended". Thats utter bull. Lord of the Rings was an intended Trilogy, not fast and the furious or matrix.

ragesRemorse
theres nothing wrong with sequals as long as there good. Sadly only a handfull of sequals are even worth watching, and even less are as good or better than the original. I'm all for a sequal now and then. Sometimes it's nice, because it gives you more or a greater understanding of some of your favorite characters. Even though most of the time there failures. The anticipation is still nice, Anything can be turned into a sequal and be entertaining, hollywood is running thin on talented writers

This last year though they did go a little heavy on the sequals. Matrix is one thing it had prospect of being a trilogy and was thought of at one time, the most important thing though. Is that it was popular and well liked. The other shit bag of sequals that pleagued the cinema's this year were from mediocre films that gained popularity after they were featured in the theaters

Jakanden
Waaaay too many. Here is my current list of Sequals that I have come across (Some are two years away or so)

Indiana Jones 4
Pitch Black 2 (Chronicals of Riddick)
Rush Hour 3
Mortal Kombat 3
Blade 3
Mulan 2
Ring 2
Boondock Saints 2 (All Saints Day)
Resident Evil 2 (Apocolypse)
Timecop 2
Bourne Identity 2
Batman 5 (And Batman Year One)
Mad Max 4
Mission Impossible 3
Shrek 2
XXX 2
Starship Troopers 2 (Hero of the Federation)
Star Wars Episode 3
Bridget Jones 2 (Edge of Reason)
Matrix 3 (Revolutions)
Dirty Dancing 2 (Havanna Nights)
LOTR 3 (Return of the King)
X-Men 3
Scary Movie 3
The Whole nine yards 2

Any others to add?

Kes
I agree. Way to many sequels but some of these are necessary.
Well I didnt really like the idea of ST ep 1 but now that we have 1 and 2 the 3rd is necessary (thou it will mot likelly suck).
Matrix 3> Well Reloaded and Revolutions are 1 movie. And the Wash bros had it planned. The 1st Matrix just wasnt expected to be a hit.
LOTR> Again its 1 movie broken in 3. We need this 1.
X-men 3> Singer has something planned, you can see the connection between 1 and 2 and obviously the end of the 2nd tells you what the 3rd is about. Not really necessary but hey I want it big grin

Jakanden
I will admit to eagerly anticipating Boondock Saints 2: All Saints Day. I LOVED the first one =)

StefMan
well the bat man movies arent really sequels of each other, they are kinda like the series...loose stories

Star Ship Troopers had a very open ending, which demanded a sequel

Star Wars: the first 3 movies where episode 4,5 and 6, now they made episode 1 and 2...an episode 3 would be logical right?

Jakanden
Im not saying all sequals are bad heh. I am just saying there are alot comming out =)

StefMan
I know, and most of them arent needed, like dumb and dumberer or charlies angels 2,

T3 is even a dumber sequel, but its ending opens an opportunity for a T4 or even a T5 confused

Jakanden
It was originally planned to have T4. They had the basic story written at the same time as T3. However nothing concrete has been set which is why its not in the list =)

StefMan
u know where I can find the basic story of T4? or isnt it on the net and is it kept somewhere safe from us terminator fans/freaks

Jakanden
I havent been able to find much. I came across a snippet that told how it was based after the ending of T3 and It take place completely after judgement day. It follows John Conner from the beggining showing how he came to be leader of the reistance.

Supposedly on the basic premise was fleshed out. They have not written a script or anything for it yet.

o kiMMii o
yup i agree and most of them end up crap.....
example T3....horrible, matrix reloaded, 2 fast 2 furious, scary movies....etc etc

ragesRemorse
terminator was never planned to go past the secod film. However when the third was made there were plans for a fourth.

Jakanden
Aye I meant 3 and 4 were planned together. I just realized that my post didnt make it sound that way

LilyGinnyBlack
Yep! big grin The first two may not have been that good but this one and the fourth one should be great! Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire! Though I do like the books better the movies.... But the books mature as Harry gets older.... so than movies should too! stick out tongue

o kiMMii o
ill be watching Rush Hour 3 and LOTR 3

plenTpak52
Yea there arew a lot of unnesscesary sequels. Some of them will definately be good, but others will probably suck. But there are just way too many.

About T4, I think it was written already, and now they are working out the rights to everything (that is confirmed). However, now that Arnold is governator, I don't think T4 will be made. Let me get back to you guys on that.

Will we EVER get to see judgement day occur?

Lord Soth
There's nothign wrong w/ sequels, true they are becoming quite profuse lately, but that does not mean that there is a lack of originality. Hollywood finds that people enjoyed a certain movie, so they milk it for all it's worth. It's just the way the system works. And while most sequels are absolute crap (i.e. Batman movies, Tomb Raider, 2Fast2Furious, Harry Potter, and many many more), You do get the occaisional gem (X-Men, LotR, Matrix)

What I'm saying is, sequels are not a bad thing. Sequels expand upon world that we come to know and love (wit

plenTpak52
well its not fair to mention harry potter because they ar nessecary

vvvrulz
Sequels should only be released if they actually ARE part of a trilogy, ie LOTR, Harry Potter etc. Geez thats one crazy list of upcoming sequels back there, im not sure half are really necessary, cant they think of something new instead? New characters, new story etc.. something different. And The Matrix was originally a trilogy, cheap excuse i reckon, M1 was clearly a single movie, he is the one, he gets the girl, Smith is dead (or gone at least), story's over !!

Kes
Yrh but the Matrix is still going so the ppl arent free wink

plenTpak52
But now nothing is stopping them from freeing the people, so its really sort of implied

Kes
Well they have to destroy the Matrix so..

Fire
well indeed now aday every good story can have a sequel
it's all about the money
FFS best example is disney
they now have a sequel to almost every story they have
(with the exception of snowwhite I think)

buffymitch
I love sequels. THey give more depth to a story. Some sequels suck and you can defenitley see that Hollywood has no ideas any more. Every little thing is turned into a movie.Even thaty stupidest comic books. But you have to say that allmost everything has alredy been done. If you could make movei or just write a script what would you write about. Trust me most of it has already out there

Fire
true but I would just make something that I think the big crowds woud like
envolving: adventure, good looking stars, violence and sex

I think that would really sell

plenTpak52
well about the comic book thing, after Spiderman, they were all basically for money. I mean I'm sure whoever made the movies is a huge fan of the movies, but its still mostly for money. Or maybe Marvel wants to do some kind of saga?

vvvrulz
Thats true, the comic book adaptations starting flying in. And most are gonna be sequeled anyway. Captain America, Fantastic Four, even Dragonball Z (for goodness sake) are soon on the way. I dont think this will end sometime soon either. My opinion, only big-time comics should be adapted, the mediocre ones would only eventually kill off the comicbook-movie theme.

plenTpak52
yea I think they've covered all the greats.

lukeyduckey
I be seeing Rush Hour 3. Lord of da rings, matrix, harry poter.
Bour identy 2 (matt Damon!!)
and i know it bound to be bad but coz im a fan of Matthew Perry The whole nine yeards...or its proper nsame a futher nine yeards or was it the whol ten yeards??
I think sequals are alright....coz sometimes you want the charcters to come back. Like in the rush hours or shangh noon/knight

ragesRemorse
I think marvel is onto a good thing with starting a film franchise, it's nice to finally be able to see somecimic books turned into film properly. After years of crap, however it doesnt look like the crap will stop anytime soon. The only ones worth watching are the original x-men and spiderman

vvvrulz
Thats true. I dont give Batman 5 much hope either, nor Hulk 2.

sugarxen
yah, i'm happy for the comic boom in the movies...to add to that list is Ghost rider and hellboy are in production for 2004 and 2005 i think. hey they can make sequels to expand characters/show more characters as long as they don't do it wrong like so many others gone before...:P

buffymitch
Any Hullk Sequel will be better than the first that's a fact. The sequel i'm waiting for the most now is Resident Evil 2. I think i'll give batman 5 a chance because i think they will just start over. THe bourne Suprmacy sound cool enough to watch since the first wasn't that bad.

Kes
Hulk 2 http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/shocking.gif

I guess in a comic book adaptation a sequel is expected. The 1st is the set up. Explaining and introducing the characters to the non-fans. And then the juicy stuff for the fans big grin (I'm talking about X-men wink )

vvvrulz
Resident Evil Two, Definately awaiting that. Who here has seen bad boys 2? Any good?

roberto
this isa delicate issue for me guys,
ok,
yes it is true that far too many mediocre movies are getting sequels.
why?
simple.
they have 0 ideas
so thats why were gonna be forced to sit through XXX2 or even Barbershop 2 christ id rather see gilgi 2 than that!!!
but, for me, i'll be looking forward to christopher nicol's batman, christian bale rules ass!!!!
that said, the chronicles of riddick will be ace and i loved boondock saints although i might be alone in thinking that.......

vvvrulz
No way, Boondock Saints is a great movie. As for Batman 5, it will succeed if they go in a line directly opposite to that of Batman 3 and 4.

ragesRemorse
Why does everyone always say "There just out of ideas" when asked with "why are there so many bad movies and so many sequals and remakes?"? This isnt due to lack of creativity behind the movies. It's due to the lack of braincells in the head of the person purchasing a ticket to these high budget, fast paced, no logical thought what-so-ever involved, eye candy special effects, and last but not least. The ear drum rupturring, dolby, digital, surround sound, THX approved movies. If you can get these dumb asses to stop buying tickets to dumbass movies, then we may start to get less dumbass movies, and more enjoyable.

Hollywood is only about money, nothing else. so they follow whats hot. if it's hot..well its hot. If its cold "we had nothing to do with it" if it's creative, and well made. It will one day become a cult classic and over marketed because it's hot now. If its just creative it might end up on the top shelf of your VHS tapes collecting dust, but still the best and most real movie you have ever seen in your life. It's not the lack of creativity, its the lack of intrest in creativity that is ruining movies and everything else entertainment

sugarxen
Bad boys 2 wasn't a bad squel i must admit. i had high hopes being a fan of the original and i was surprisingly impressed with the second installment. there was laspes in the action...but most was made up with gun fights and ruthless comedy! love will smith! it follows the original quite well so go see it! i can't explain! big grin just goooo see!

Kes
I think most production companies just dont want to take risks so they go with what they know will make money. Sequels is the best way. messed

Lord Soth
I agree. Sequels are the best way for Hollywood to get money nowadays. Even if the sequel is crap, a hell of a lot of ppl will go see it just because it's part of the series.

I actually like sequels, and I don't see what's so wrong with the idea. True, many are crap, but you forget they ever came out after a while. A really good sequel sticks with you

vvvrulz
Thanks, ill be sure to. As for what RagesRemorse said back there, it makes sense, they make the brainless sequels, and the brainless go watch, big cash return, and everyone wins. Except for critics like me of course.

Drifter101
With these new batch of summer flicks coming out I began to notice that quite a few were just repeats of hits from the past. Sure we all have high hopes for Spiderman 2 and Shrek, but what is to come of these other sequels that are to be released, why is the film industry feeding off past hit, such as the "Ring" with its upcoming sequel, also "the princess diaries" sequel is to be released as well. along w/ a new Exorcist film to be out in theaters by fall, why is it that the film industry is throwing at us these sequels, some are sequels to films few have even heard of such as "The Chronicles of Riddick" a sequel to the disappointing film "Pitch Black" not one month this entire summer doesnt have a sequel the last month that didnt have a sequel was February, and there wont be a sequel free month until September, that has alot to say, maybe the film industry is running out of ideas, maybe these new films to come such as "King Arthur" and "The Village" are the last of their kind, last original works, sure there are other films coming out that are adaptions of past favorites such as "Garfield" or "Fat Albert" but that really does not count does it? they were shows before so they are not really 'original' are they? what do you think about all these sequels poping up, there seems to be at least 2 sequels a month, do you think there are too many sequels lately?

JKozzy
There are too many bad sequels, and there are also becoming way too many remakes as well. Some sequels are pretty good, or better than the original, you have to admit.

§pearhead
It's not that there are too many sequels, its just that the sequels rely mostly on the first movie's popularity to get a good opening week at the theaters before sinking into anonymity as a mediocre movies. It's pretty much a proven fact that sequels aren't as good as the first one, with very few exceptions.

demon_hunter_x
i know i mean look at the hulk for christ (god bless his soal) sake!!! that was a disaster waiting to happen although i diddnt mind spiderman too much and were gonna hve some fun with the punisher he was god

Drifter101
and for some reason now bad sequels are following bad movies like "Chronicles of Riddick"

mailedbypostman
Sequels are rarely as good as the first for some reason. More than a few others spoiled the entire franchise.

P.S. Ironic that drifter101 has a sequel on his sig

Cinemaddiction
I don't know where you got that, or this..

"Pitch Black" actually is a fan favorite in the Sci Fi community, and certainly Vin Diesel's best work to date.

"Chronicles of Riddick" is actually a prequel, and it looks very promising, because he was by far the most interesting character in the movie.

But to answer the question, no, there honestly aren't that many sequels coming out. The only ones that come to mind that have been released are based on book franchises that were written a few years ago.

There are too many REMAKES floating about. Sequels are the least of our worries.

BackFire
Yes, there are too many sequels.

lil bitchiness
As soon as film does really well they make a sequal hoping to be as succesfull and that will earn more money.

Cinemaddiction
For those complaining, name the sequels that have been released thus far, soley based on the success of the original movie..

mardook
Where's the ill in that? Sure alot of the sequels that have come were bad because they failed to draw us in with Character development. That is where most sequels fall flat... I think if a studio plans on doing a sequel to a successful film. They should look long and hard at what made the first film work. Not just big explosions or fx, but characters that we wanna see. Characters that make us wanna come back to see what new things they are going through etc.

Aku
Alot of sequels ruin films but the point is that sequels mean money to the film industry. If the first (and second in some cases) film is very popular then the film industry will make a sequel, you have to remmeber the film industry dont give a monkeys anus about the film, aslong as it gets lots of money. And its easy money if you make a sequel to an already-popular film.

Savvy? evil face Evil Arnt They evil face

ladygrim
i think there are so many sequels because people these days are running out of unique ideas for films.... and the ones that do come out that aren't sequels are so similar to other movies..... i mean how many times has the earth nearly been wiped out my the same asteriod or how many things can we bring back from the dead before it gets boring.....as i say this is wat i think....neways saying that i am quite looking forward to potc sequels

WindDancer
Too many sequels! Which in turn is not that bad. I mean fans always want more. Unfortunally some sequels just don't deliver the goods. So, sometimes it is a bad idea to make a sequel out of a good movie.

ladygrim
that is also true if one film gets lotsof publicity doesn't mean that the second one will get the same response sometimes the sequel gets rid of the orignal idea....kinda like tomb raider good at first but then goes rather ott with the sequel....just because the are number amount of games doesn't mean they need to do that many movies...unlike harry potter and lotr the only reason they have sequels is because the were ritten as a trilogy....and would be rather stupid if the just shown the first yr at hogwarts

botankus
Worst thread title ever. To be topped one day by something like, "Who thinks Titanic was overrated by just the least bit?"

WindDancer
Now that would be a horrible idea for a sequel......T2 (as in Titanic 2) j/k

celestial_moon
sequels normally r horrible (except lotr and harry potter). i dont know y. they normally lack a lot of things from the first. i hate it when summer movies r mostly sequels.

Aku
Titanic 2 the return of jack form the dead. Man that would suck.

To be said in one of those really deep film advertising voices.

'Jack and Rose go on another ship and after they're traumatic time on the titanic another ice burg hits the new titanic and jack dies again and rose is safe as she hogs this board which could have saved jack aswell. But she goes home all wet and soggy'

Like terminator 3 wasnt bad enough

burlyman
Pitch Black is not bad. no expression

Yeah yes

Drifter101
Pitch Black did a lot worst than what many expected, it was too much like alien for it to work

ladygrim
you can't have a sequel to something that is based on a true event......it is like pridicting the future which is pretty far fetched

Kes
Those were planed. Obviously they only did the 2nd Harry Potter because the 1st one did so well. But they are from different books so.
And LOTR is a movie split in 3 basically.
These days contracts have a 2 movie deal (for those action blockbusters) so technically a 2nd is always in mind. And pretty much always sucks. There are a few exceptions of course.

ladygrim
another thing they shouldn't have such a long wait between each film even tho it mite build up publicity but they can also lose intrest where as the matrix had the rite idea were they fimed to movies at the same time then each had an earlier release date ...(shame bout the movies tho)....

TheProgramSmith
FAR too many sequels. Hollywood must be running out of ideas.

lil bitchiness
Some films should be just left as they are. Matrix would have been an absolute classic, but then two and three came out, and then all the shite about ''we had it in plan long long before''

Aku
Totally argree with lil....(without intentionally insulting) bitchiness. Matrix would have been classic had it been left at the first one.

I think all films made from books have a sequel if theres a sequel to the book.

Alot of the time the last film ruins the series. Check it.

-Scorpion King
-Jurassic Park 3
-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 5
-Police Academy 8
-Terminator 3

But some are great. Hence

-LOTR
-Er any other suggestions?

ladygrim
the scorpian king wasn't really a sequel more like a spin of or even a prequel ....tho saying that it was not good.....argh.... where as the others where just made to line some peoples pockets with gold.... if they did that .....

Red Superfly
Nothing wrong with sequels.

Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Alien, Spiderman, X-Men, LOTR to name but a few.

I welcome sequels. The potential for what they are capable of is huge - just look at what The Empire Strikes Back did for movies, and that wasn't already based on a book or other source material. The baddies won, it was dark, and at the time a complete revolution. It's also ten times better than the first movie. Same goes with Aliens being the best in the franchise (although thats more my opinion).

It can be done. It's just when the directors get delusions of grandure and try and do something that backfires in their face (The Matrix sequels being a prime example of total dissapointments)

ladygrim
many sequels are dissapionting....but there are tose that make it better then there origanal movie...

Kes
True.

Drifter101
comic book movie sequels are good until like around movie 3 or 4

Drifter101
well i just saw shrek 2 wed. and it was great, but i expected that to be good like i expect spiderman to be good.

Red Superfly
Aku - they made a Ninja Turtles 5?????????????

I thought it only went up to 3 - man that one was awful. Time travelling samurai in a overly-kiddified Turtles adventure, urgh!

Drifter101
yea i never knew there was a 5 probably just went straight to video

Samas-adian
Nah, i hate superhero or cartoon movies sequels... i hate them. Its the same actor with a new enemy..nothing else.

The only time i lthink sequels wors is if they continue the story... like the matrix... but i feel they have to someting different with content...then the same as the earlier film.

I enjoy T3 because of the story but its not great.

Drifter101
yea the entire matrix thing was ruined, especially by "Revolutions". its just that they hollywood is loosing ideas so they say "OO this movie made a lot of money when it came out, lets make a sequel." i even am hearing things of Gladiator 2 wtf he was killed, whats there to talk about, HOLLYWOOD STOP RUINING GREAT FILMS W/ BAD SEQUELS!

Red Superfly
I understand your point. Comic book movies have rarely progressed further than "this new one has a different enemy, and er, better special FX than the last".

I HOPE this will chnage with Spiderman - mainly thanks to the awesome source material and the fact that Sam Raimi has kept quite truthful to the comic book in terms of STORY (even though many changes were made).

They could (and are rumoured to actually be doing so) six Spiderman movies - all very different from the last, because Spiderman has changed so much since his beginnings, and evolved so much, as have his enemies.

There's literally THOUSANDS of ideas for the next four Spiderman movies, they'd be really stupid not to make each movie special it its own right. They seem to be doing it right - for instance in Spidey 2, Peter has become an amazing superhero, fully controlling his powers (this is something we have never seen in comic movies - a hero who actually improves his game with experience), and is shunning his friends. They are focusing on the human side of Spiderman, a very relatable side to the character, which is admirable. He decides to start thinking about himself for a change, like we all do from time to time, and he quits being Spiderman - only to realise his mistake when Dock Ock turns up. It looks brilliant.

Drifter101
well comic book sequels havent all been like that, there have been good sequels such as Batman Returns, and Superman II. although those are the only ones there are good ones none the less, but w/ other movies, i do see your point.

Drifter101
o well

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.