Sidius Lightsabre: a sabre powered by pure evil?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rustiswordz
After reading here and there that Sidious light sabre will be special and reflects his master i have the following thoughts, a combination of what ive read, ideas and suggesions.

Sidious is a Master Sith Lord as we all know, terribly powerful, utterly evil. We know he has a mastery of the Dark Side to a degree possibly even above Yoda and the Light Side.

I Believe that Sidious sabre is powered by the Dark Side of the force through its master. And to reflect this this 'lightsabre' isnt a light at all, but dark to reflect the Dark Side. A Dark Black blade! Like a quantum singularity, a pitch black blade with black energy eminating from it.

I know i know this is speculation, guess work and personal ideas and it may have been suggested before now but i feel my idea would suit its master and who he is....

cool

rustiswordz
PS i noticed further down this exact conversation take place, soeery if i duplicated it. big grin still discuss as u see fit.

Creechuur
My new sig is what I'd like to see Sidious' lightsaber look like, even though it won't.

yerssot
Pablo said there won't be any new colors and up to this point I still believe him

cornponious
Well...

Going into nitpick mode smile. If that's what this Pablo guy (I have no idea who he is) says, it is probably true. But look at it from this direction:

Technically, black is NOT a color. It's the absence of color, as far as light is concerned. White is ALL color. So, there COULD be a black lightsaber, and it would still satisfy the "no new color" arguement.

Chew on that for a while.

corn

yerssot
I know, but tell that to the others wink
it was a reaction to Gillard claiming his character would have a yellow sabre

cornponious
A yellow lightsaber. Icky.

corn

Anakin2Vader
Pablo said Nick was just kidding about his saber being yellow but the thing is that the sabers that they film with have sticks coming out of the hilt that are a certain color so that they stick out from the background. (If using a green screen they will film using red or blue sticks) This being said lightsaber color will be added later by digital effects. So nobody really knows the colors until the final edit. Personally I just cant wait to see Sidious with a lightsaber, I dont need it to be anything new... just red.

LordRevan
It would be red of course but wouldn't it look cool if it had electric energy flowing around it such as it look on your signature?

yerssot
I'll just repeat what I said again: he said there will be NO new colors!
I know how they do the sabres, HE knows it, so if HE says there will be no new ones, I believe him untill clear proof is given

LordRevan
would it be nice to see one of these. (this is just a Edited of mine. real signiture pic by Creechuur)

Anakin2Vader
I didnt say I didnt beleive Pablo. I just said its too early for anyone to know for sure. Its not Pablos difinitive vision, its GLs... he can change anything at any time.

rustiswordz
And just because you say its so does it make it to be true, let people wallow in their imaginations and ignorance for a while for Gods sake!

LordRevan
thumb up I agree with you rustiswotdz.

cornponious
I admit that is a pretty sweet representation of what a black saber would look like. It would be nice to see one represented in EIII like this.

Please forward to Lucas!! big grin

corn

cornponious
And it's a HELL of a lot better than that pathetic thing that was on SS.com.

corn

LordRevan
Thanks i never seen it on ss.com but i'll check it out

LordRevan
I couldn't find that saber on ss.com can any one tell me where it is?
I want a good laugh at this supershadow character.

Jerico
Er, personally the thought of Palpatine using a lightsaber totally ruins his character, he never appeared as a warrior, instead he is a shrewd and cruel diplomat with little or no martial skill. Making him unique to all these other 'force users' thus what proves to be the strength of the character

In my opinion anyhow.

Creechuur
I picture the saber as completely black, almost sucking in the light in its wake. The purple is actually lightning that Sidious channels through the blade when he uses it...for a little extra punch. Get hit with this and not only would your limb fly off but your skeleton would light up real good too.

Thanks for diggin it. I think its cool, but we all know it'll just be red in the film. Nothin wrong with using our imaginations a bit though, as someone already said.

Ushgarak
Thing is, GL seems to make a direct link between force power and martial skill. Look at Yoda.

That in mind, it is well within the style of the piece.

Creechuur
Definitely Ush. You can't become a Jedi without learning to use a saber.

Also, you can't make six SW movies without having the main bad guy duel it out. Lucas may be slippin a bit, but even he knows that.

Heres a compromise, a red blade with purple lightning. I think I like the black better.

LordRevan
Nice One it's better than the ont i made.

Sith Master X
Is Palpy gonna use his saber against Mace, or just force lightning to assist Anakin?

SMX
cool

LordRevan
probably both.

cornponious
You know, your black saber with the purple corona looks like the old black lights from the 70's. I really like that.

I can see Palpy in his bedroom. He's got flourescent 70's rock band posters all over his walls. He's got one of those "wave" things, maybe even a strobe light. When he wants to mellow out, he turns out the lights and fires up his "black light" saber and makes all his posters glow.

Sounds groovy, baby.

c o r n p o n i o u s

Sith Master X
The black saber with the purple lightning does look pretty cool. I just believe Lucas is too concerned about the tradition of lightsaber colors. As it was, Lucas was very hesitant about giving Samuel Jackson a purple lightsaber. Jackson practically had to get down on his knees and beg Lucas to go through with the idea.

SMX
cool

eleveninches
Does the new bad guy (greivous) use lightsabers? If so, how many at a time does he use??

Creechuur
Oh you know it Corn. Palpy is a hit at all the raves. He just waves that thing around in the trip-out room and all the babes flock to him.

"He's like waving around lightning maaaaaan....I'm frying so hard...huhhuh...trippy..."

yerssot
4 at the same time if I heard it correctly and he also has 2 blasters

LordRevan
would if palpy uses dual sabers.also it will be grate if greivous uses two staff sabers.

Sacrifise666
sidious should have a black bladed saber. and knowing lucas he can make a small bio on it saying this black blade shows that sidious is the most deadly sith master in the galaxy.

sam jackson got a purple saber.

why shouldnt sidious have a black bladed saber? devil

yerssot
cause Ian doesn't strike me as the begging person stick out tongue

LordRevan
would he just use a vibro balde prototype or a vibro sword

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.