Spider-man 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

badsymbiote
This may be premature, I know, but it's something I've been thinking about alot lately, and with the impending release of Spidey2, I think it would be ok to begin a Spidey3 general discussion.
We know that this installment will feature Eddie Brock and Venom (yay!) and Carnage as well. I'm sure everyone has heard the buzz about Brock/Venom possibly being played by Vin Diesel or the Rock. Diesel has denied the rumors. I haven't heard anything either way from the Rock. (If Diesel played him, then I might even be able to get my sister to watch the movie--that'd be neat.) I'm not sure how I feel about either of them in the role. Who do you think should play these roles? What do you think they should cover in this movie?

Linkalicious
they can't put carnage and venom in the same movie together right away. The story of Spiderman obtaining the symbiote, then losing it, then it bonding with Brock and their fight is long enough to have a good movie.

Introducing them and then building their characters up is too much for one film...

And where did you read that Venom was going to be in the 3rd movie? i haven't heard anything about Spiderman 3.

Red Superfly
Exactly Linkalicious.

All the fanboys care about is seeing Venom ASAP.

Nobody seems to care about the fact that he needs a proper build-up.

The Lizard will be in Spiderman 3. Look, Doc Conners is in 2.

It would make sense for Lizard to be in 3 because Doc Conners is as major a character as Venom is. Eddie Brock and the symbiote need a whole movie dedicated to their downfalls at the hands of Parker and Spiderman.

I wish people would shut up about Venom being in Spiderman 3. There's gonna be six movies, so Venom will bound to be in 4.

Linkalicious
So the way i see it.

Spiderman 3 should have either the Lizard or a Shocker/Rhino combo. And just like Spiderman 1...they can do a little foreshadowing of Eddie Brock. Remember when JJJ was talking to the black dude and he says something like "Eddie just isn't cutting it anymore." Then Parker walks into the room looking for a job.

So i think he should meet Parker in part 2 or 3 and then Spidey should get him fired for making his false editorials. Then the next movie Spidey can get the costume....in some BS manner...like from the cartoon show. And after that, movie 5 starts with Brock in a Prison cell with Casidy.

eleveninches
I really think spiderman 3 has got to have venom in it.

Arachnoidfreak
Jameson's son goes into space and comes back with the Venom symbiote in Spiderman 2. Venom will be in Spiderman 3. i doubt carnage will be though. i dont think Vin Diesel can pull off the 'i have hair' look. im still thinking on who would look the part for Eddie Brock.

WWestFlashFan
i rember when he went into space from ultimate spiderman cartoon a few years ago....

VENOMfan
Vin Diesel couldnt play Venom, I will be insanely pissed if they cast that little turd as Brock

eleveninches
I dont really read spiderman comics. The only thing I remember from spiderman was the TAS 90's cartoon series. I thought that the series was good, with loads of storylines from the comics, but it was annoying when the stories would go on for about 10 episodes continuing on after each other.

the assassin
i was reading a maganizine and yes, carnage will be in spiderman 3.
this is what it said, "in the upcoming spider man 2 movie, cletus kasady makes a cameo for his bigger role in spiderman 3"

venom has to be in if carnage is in!

VENOMfan
They will ruin the franchise If Carnage is in it. I mean its a pg-13 film and to truly let Carnage do his thing the Violence alone would have to make it rated R. I was hopeing for a Venom spin off with Carnage in it thats rated R so they can put in all of the brutal goodness

http://www.comics2film.com/ProjectFrame.php?f_id=217

but back to subject I dont wanna see Carnage dumbed down he dosent work like that. Venom could work in a pg-13 film. he just wants to kill Spiderman. Carnage on the other hand would be killing almost every moment hes in public

Red Superfly
OK - these are all rumours, so quit saying "Venom WILL be in Spidey 3".

Nothing is for sure.

It also seems the only people that get it are Venomfan and linkalicious.

Eleveninches I understand where you are coming from, but like you said, you don't read the comics much and don't seem that interested. I can appreciate your comments, but if you were a big Spiderman fan, you would understand that Venom needs to be done properly, and throwing him in the third movie would truly rush and ruin the character.

And, Cletus Kassady may very well have a cameo, but that NEVER means that Carnage is in it. Cletus may be a criminal, and Spiderman is the reason he ends up in jail, and therefore he hates Spiderman. He could have a scuffle with Eddie Brock, who knows?

Arachnoidfreak
shit...me too

eleveninches
I just think that the movie industry would want the third film to make lots of money, (and sequals usually dont do as well as originals), so I cant see who else they would include in spiderman 3 that would draw as many people to see the film as venom would. From the filmmakers standpoint, it would be easy to see why they would prefer to put venom in the 3rd movie rather than anybody else.

VENOMfan
Id say Let Lizard and perhaps Shocker or Electro be in number 3 then do Venom in 4 and save Carnage for Venom

eleveninches
What about having the clones saga in one of the movies??

badsymbiote
Egads! I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. I'm gonna try to address as much as I can, but hold on, 'cause this could get messy(er).
Linkalicious-I've heard this stuff from more than one source, and I have NO idea how this could all work--but undoubtedly it's going to violate the entire Venom chronology as we know it. I'll try to get some links on here so y'all can see for yourselves--just let me lay my hands on it.
I thought this stuff was pretty common knowledge, though.
Red Superfly--I AM A WOMAN! You shouldn't make assumptions about my gender because I'm here. As for Venom having his own movie, you'd never find an bigger proponent for that argument. He's certainly worthy and interesting enough. Next!
Linkalicious--The black dude is Robbie Robertson, long-time bugle emp, and a trusted right-hand man to JJJ. I don't know if they'll be able to work in the sin-eater angle or how. I do know this--they're gonna piss fans off with this movie...I mean, look at the reactions I got from you guys! How do you suppose the suit will be introduced, and how will they be able to justify suddenly showing Brock and Kasady as cell-mates?
Eleveninches--You are correct, sir!
Arachnoid--I concur.
The assassin--Amen!
VENOMfan--I know, I know. I feel the same way. They're going to simplify, modify, pacify and domesticate my favorite character. I'm on your side, here. And I DO know what I'm talking about.
Red Superfly--We'll see. They're working on this even as we debate it. I'd LOVE to say it was gonna go down another way--I think they're being way too hasty. Green Goblin is a prime example. How could someone so strong be killed so easily. Movie adaptation, that's how.

Linkalicious
if they completely drop the fact that Spiderman had the suit first I'm going to be really pissed. Spiderman kicked the Rhino's ass with the suit. Spiderman 3 should be Spiderman without the suit getting his butt kicked by Rhino or Shocker or whoever and then it explains him getting the suit, then kicking the bad guys ass that beat him up earlier...and then at the end of 3 Spidey gets rid of three and goes home thinking the symbiote's finished. Brock is around and gets the symbiote becoming Venom...movie over. Spiderman 4 is Venom vs. Spiderman. Spiderman 5 Carnage......THAT would be brilliant!

eleveninches
Do you think that to save money on the budget, they might make one of the spiderman movies as a crossover movie with another marvel superhero movie series (maybe spiderman/daredevil or spiderman/avengers or even spiderman/x-men)

badsymbiote
Here we go. I like where this is going. Now you guys are givin' me what I want.
Linkalicious--Enticing theories. The timeline makes alot more sense--if Raimi and co. would just slow things down a bit, they'd be able to make their stupid money AND earn our respect and admiration. These sped up stories and their omission of crucial content undermines the quality of the characters and will be the one single most damaging thing to these movies. They're just churning out crap for the sake of revenue--trying to release them in close succesion to keep the average movie-going jackass interested long enough to swipe their dough. THAT"S what it's all about.
Eleveninches--I always wanted to see a movie X. How about the Fantastic Four and Spidey?

SuperDarryl
If I were to make al 6 Spiderman movies, these are the characters I would include

Spiderman 1
Green Goblin

Spiderman 2
Doc. Oct.

Spiderman 3
Venom, Carnage, Scarlet Spider

Spiderman 4
Vulture, Hobgoblin
X-men Appearance brief
Incredible Hulk(Grey)

Spiderman 5
Dr. Doom, Electro, Absorbing man
Incredible Hulk(Green Intelligent) special guest

Spiderman 6
Doc. Oct. 2nd appearance with Lex Luthor
Superman special guest

I kind of mixed some of my own heros into his movies. Although it may never happen, because Hollywood is about making as much money as possible. But it would definitly be cool to see more Spiderman and Hulk together in one movie, or Spiderman and Superman together, even if it was just briefly. Anyway though, If I was writing the movies, then thats the way I would make them. shifty bunny yes whistle thumb up

FrothByte
so which actor would you guys pick to play venom?

VENOMfan
Id say that big dude from Gladiator. or a younger Dolph Lungren

badsymbiote
I think I'd prefer some totally-ripped no-name stud. The dude from Gladiator is a good choice, if I had to pick someone famous. I still think Gary Busey's kid would be great as Carnage--his build, height, and voice are all just right. Plus, he's got this sort-of sinister look about him. Even though he doesn't physically LOOK particularly menacing, if I saw that guy walking toward me on the street, I'd cross to the other side.
As for Brock, the general consensus seems to be that no one automatically springs to mind to fill the all-important role of Venom.

Wynndar
Gary Buey Junior would be perfect.....Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

badsymbiote
I know, huh? I can't even think of anyone else in the role. Do you know that guy's name, by chance?

badsymbiote
P.S. I love your Thundercats signal. "Sword of Omens, come to my hand!"

Wynndar
yea it is Gary Busey jr. i think
i will check

Asian Hulk
I think Nicholas Hammond(the actor was played the role as Peter Parker in the 1970's TV series"The Amazing Spider-Man"winkwill join his cameo role in the third Spidey movie with Tobey Magiure and Kristen Dunst.but Kevin Bacon and Sylvester Stallone will portraying role as Spidey's arch-enemies Venom and Carnage.

FrothByte
sylvester stallone??? eeeeewwwwwwww!!!!! no way!!!!!!!!
do you guys know that guy named batista? i think he's perfect for the role of venom.

Red Superfly
Shame he can't act.

Guys, seriously, having more than one enemy in a movie would suck, and then you'd all complain that they did it. WHY CAN'T YOU PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THIS VERY SIMPLE CONCEPT?

And SuperDaryl, it's not because Hollywood is all about making money - your movies won't get made because a) They are rediculous and b) Lex Luthor isn't even a Marvel character.

Arachnoidfreak
yea...they wont be doing a Marvel/DC crossover movie in the near future... we'll probably have to wait 20 years for that one.

Wynndar
hahahaha....lex luther....hahaha
Oh yea, Kevin Bacon would be a great Carnage...Gary Busey's son too though.....he jus looks like a molester/murderer type smile

eleveninches
I think that the venom symbiote itself would look much cooler if it was done entirely CG.

Linkalicious
i suddenly have no desire to see the 3rd spiderman. Which is really sad because I love Venom and Carnage farrr more than any other Spidey villain.

VENOMfan
there are plenty who could pull off Carnage hell that nutty bastard Carrot Top could manage a beliveable Kassidy.

Venom on the other hand.....they might as well find some body completley new, witch isnt a bad thing

FrothByte
Yah, shame he can't act. he really looks great for the part of venom though. here's a pic.

badsymbiote
I think WE understand very well, thank you. WE have no say in the matter. In fact, I think I made abundantly clear just how impossible it'll be to even get a tiny fraction of the pertinent content in these movies, AND how many anachronisms there will undoubtedly be. There is simply no way they can explain or justify it. But, I've already said this before, too.
You don't have to explain the concept--at least not to me. In the end, they're gonna do whatever they want--and what they want is to stuff as many names into the movies as possible for the biggest draw. Do you really think it's not about the money? It's ALL about the money. But I've said that before as well. Your rebuttal, if you please.

Linkalicious
I don't see how Venom (Spidey's greatest foe) gets squished into a movie with Carnage. Venom deserves his own Spiderman vs Venom movie...if not two. Carnage deserves his own too.

badsymbiote
Amen. These characters are both far too dynamic (and prone to causin' destruction) to be crammed into a 90 minute PG-13 flick. We're gonna hate it, you know? There is no way that justice can be done to these guys in the short a time frame and the rating means that they will portrayed as sissies as far as we're concerned--a PG rating can't convey the ferocity and intensity of their natures. I'll still watch it, but having seen marvel's other adaptations, I know what to expect. I'm just setting realistic expectations--if I'm wrong, and they can make it work, then FABULOUS! I'll be too happy to admit I was wrong. I'd love to have to eat my words on this, my friends...

who?-kid
Maybe I'm wrong, but I have the impression some people here are hoping for too much. Venom, Carnage, Lizard, the Hulk, guest appearances from other superheroes/villains, even from the DC universe instead of the Marvel Universe...

It sounds to me like a far fetched wishing list.

So I want to say the following: I don't like the idea of making a movie about Spider-Man and then letting him fight all the time with some super powered freak like Venom and at least one other infamous villain at the same time. What's the point ?

Spider-Man is a hero, he saves lives. That is what he does. He saves the lives of men and women, gets people out of burning buildings, solves a murder (from time to time), deals with bank robbers, helps when there's some kind of accident, goes in search for lost girls who are kidnapped, prevents people from getting robbed, is almost arrested by the police and even sometimes saves a kitty out of a tree smile.

If I would direct Spider-Man 2 (yeah right) I would focus more on the human aspect of Spider-Man, and a little bit less on those big fights with explosions everywhere and with lots of (collateral) damage. Just having him fight every Spider-Man foe only to please the comic fans degrades Spider-Man, in my opinion. He deserves better. Of course, he has to fight some villain from time to time (hopefully Venom one day) but again, that's only a small part of the story, if you ask me.

Sometimes I get the impression that some superheroes were only created to fight super villains, who of course were only created to fight superheroes. I don't want to see this happen to Spider-Man.

Mind you, I'm as curious as the next guy about seeing Venom and company in the movies, believe me, but being Spider-Man is lots more than fighting his super powered enemies.

Linkalicious
i thought Venom was a cool addition to the Spidey comics because he has a genuine hatred of Spidey. I mean, they could go to great lengths as to why Venom hated him, and it could show Brock learning to use the symbiote by doing some petty criminal acts like maybe a bar brawl or maybe beating up a whole gang.

Then when he's ready, he goes about hunting down Spiderman and when Spidey does his normal....prevention of a girl getting mugged in an alley...then Venom comes outta nowhere and beats him down pretty good.

Then Spidey is sitting there wondering WHAT it was that just beat him, and why he would attack spidey in the 1st place. Then he can be crime solver type guy to figure out it's Eddie Brock

I spent about 30 seconds throwing that together, so i'm sure there are great flaws....but i agree with the Kid. It shouldn't be all about the super villain.

Red Superfly
Ooh bad Symbiote I didn't mean you. I was was referring to the poeple I have seen on all over the internet that are like "OMG Venom vs Carnage Spiderman 3 r0xorrrrrz!!!!111"

I'd LOVE a Venom movie - but I think he deserves better than to be thrown in as one half of a villain plot.

Venom's story, his whole origins and mythos, is a lot longer than any other character I have seen, to be honest.

You can't just make "hate" out of thin air. Venom isn't the Green goblin or Doctor Octopus (who were created in a flash thanks to some freak accident or experiment and therefore easy to instantly create on-screen). Venom is a "child" to the parents of Eddie and The Symbiote.

We have to see the "parents" grow and mature. Eddie needs to have his downfall played out, as a quite tragic yet deserved fall from grace, and the symbiote needs to garner its hate for Spiderman, and Spiderman also MUST wear the costume (they simply cannot leave that part out - it's where Venom gets his strange powers from, and also why Spidey cant detect him on his Spidey sense).

Only when Eddie and the Symbiote are "ready" can we see Venom. Venom is the ultimate brooding hatred for Spiderman and he DESERVES to have his tale told properly Godammit.

This is why, no matter how you look at it, Spiderman 3 will be TOO EARLY for Venom. Eddie Brock and The Symbiote could, and should by all means, be in Spiderman 3, but Venom needs to be "baked" a lot longer.

Also, think about it from Sony's point of view. Tobey has signed on for six Spidey films. That means Venom can appear in any one of 3, 4, 5 or 6. If you were Sony, would YOU exhaust the most popular character in Spiderman 3 when you know you can simply tease his debut for 4 or 5?

SuperDarryl
Hey, I think Sid Vicious would make a great Venom, he's jacked up strong and mean looking with a sinister attitude! Check em out!

Linkalicious
agree that he kinda looks the par SD, but i dunno...guess i'll say this.

When will people learn that wrestlers don't make good actors?

Sure he has the physic...can you honestly look at him and think of him as Eddie Brock? or would you just picture him in his little tights everytime he was on stage.

The Rock...great wrestler...horrible actor.

VENOMfan
Indeed they should just get somebody new

and carrot top for Carnage!

Red Superfly
Sid Viscous?

Dude, he's like from ten years ago!

He ain't that jacked anymore!

If I had to choose a wrestler, I'd pick Triple H.

But there's better actors out there.

badsymbiote
I totally agree FrothByte, in fact I can't think of ANYONE worse to play the role of Venom. The very idea makes my innards heave. POSITIVELY VOMITROCIOUS!!!
He's grotesque, has a horrible presence and unintelligible speech. Plus, he's older than dirt. Brock is WAY too sexy to be portrayed by someone so revolting.
This is beyond my comprehension.

Wynndar-- That's why I like Busey for this role. He needs to be innately evil, and what could be more frightening than a sociopathic child- molestor.

eleveninches
They would have to dosome CG stuff to make venom look as cool as he is meant to be (rather than just a guy in a suit)

badsymbiote
Without a doubt. But we still have to see Eddie Brock when he's not Venom, and I don't want to see Rambo with symbiote tendrils.

eleveninches
I wouldnt mind seeing the symbiote by itself to start off with. Maybe have it infext spidey in spiderman 3, and have him infect eddie in spiderman 4

VENOMfan
I wont be suprised if we see Eddie get fired in Spiderman 2. nothing more than a "get out of my office" sorta thing. it would pave the way for Venom in the future and we could get to see who plays him

badsymbiote
who?-kid

Maybe I'm wrong, but I have the impression some people here are hoping for too much. Venom, Carnage, Lizard, the Hulk, guest appearances from other superheroes/villains, even from the DC universe instead of the Marvel Universe...

It sounds to me like a far fetched wishing list.

A wish list is exactly right, 'cause they can't possibly make it true enough to the books to do it in even twice as long a time frame.
As for the Peter Parker/Spidey-human interest and psychological toll of heroism, they'll cover that in this movie, when he "quits" the hero biz--

Of course, I know that Spider-man, whom I think is the absolute paragon of heroism, can't save the city from the wanton devastation of super-villains everyday, but a movie where the hero primarily spends his time saving kitties and returning stolen purses is no great cinematic achievement. Who'd pay nine bucks to see that?
Nevertheless, thanks for mentioning it. It is something nobody has touched on yet, and it is a crucial part of the definition of a true hero. Spidey ALWAYS puts others first--the few times he doesn't, something happens to make him sorely regret it. Hell, even Venom stops petty thieves, rescues damsels in distress, and combats evildoers on occasion. who?-kid and Linkalicious, I salute you for your contribution.

badsymbiote
Red Superfly
'Nuff said

Ooh bad Symbiote I didn't mean you. I was was referring to the poeple I have seen on all over the internet that are like "OMG Venom vs Carnage Spiderman 3 r0xorrrrrz!!!!111"

I loved this post. This is the first reference to acknowledge the very complicated nature of Brock and his "other"'s symbiotic relationship. I was impressed with your thoughtful content, and i really enjoyed reading it.
Apathy is only a small component of hatred. Time, history and circumstance are all important and present in true animosity.
In Brock's case, never having earned his father's love or respect made doing so his prime motivation. As a journalist he hoped he would finally merit the attention of his dad, and was poised on the brink of achieving his goal, until his sin-eater exclusives were proven false by an unwitting Peter Parker. Brock was fired, and in the wake of the public ostracization, his father disowned him.
Despite being humiliated, Brock continued on in photojournalism, an indication of character strength, but was often hostile and guarded, to protect himself from sustaining any further emotional harm. He projected an aloof, semi-egomaniacal front to compensate for his poor self-image and worth. Meanwhile, the symbiote was suffering from a rejection from Spider-man, who subjected himself to the deafening tolls of church bells in an effort to rid himself of the suit that desperately wanted to assimilate him and merge into one entity.
When fate intervenes, the two are brought together, and feel a synergetic bond. They both hated Parker for the misery and humiliation they each felt he had caused. As Venom, their ultimate goal became the destruction of Spider-man.

badsymbiote
I also agree that Spider-man AND Venom both deserve not to be glossed over, and I hate the idea of the characters being rapidly chewed up and spit out, and think that it'd make them seem so shallow and 2-dimensional. Your timeline would be alot easier to digest--and it preserves the continuity of the stories.

They really ought to slow things way down and do it right. I thought the stupidest thing about the first movie was how they killed GG--he is far too formidable a foe to have been killed so early and in such a lack-luster fashion--but Raimi and co. did it anyway. Where did you get the impression that continuity and adherence to the universally adored tradional storylines was their ultimate goal? It's more like a based-on-a-true-story made-for TV movie.

This pic pretty much sums up my feelings about the obliterated and cut and pasted manner in which these films are made.

VENOMfan
I did enjoy that "Venom" out of all the artist's who drew him that one had a certin look to it.

who?-kid
Well, thank YOU for being so polite, I appreciate it smile. It must be true that women are in fact more polite than men (don't rip out my heart and eat my brains if you're actually a man, but I thought you were a lady).

Linkalicious
Kinda tangent to the subject....how do you think Venom should look?

I think his jaw should be kinda unproportionately big because of those huge teeth of his, and personally I'd like to see the symbiote squirm around a bit on his body. You know, like it can still cover him completely, but sometimes when he's standing still, a tendril will kinda pop out sorta Carnage-esque

VENOMfan
Yeah when hes resting he ocasonally has a stray tendril, but then again Ive seen Venom totally wig out on the tendrils. but for them most part Venom's toungue does the wriggiling

Id like to see him look like a cross between Mcfarlane's original Venom as far as the Jaw relating to how crazy he was and have the sort of insect like eyes like hes adopted since hes return

as for the rest of him just a dark body that has that blue look to it and a broad Spider. I never liked it when the Spider was small

Linkalicious
you really couldn't use a human in costume for venom because his mouth and jaw are too big for a human. like in your last pic V-fan, obviously the upper part of the head with the eyes and brain...would have to be small.

VENOMfan
that wasnt a great exapmle that was the Venom symbiote from Run. its just the best pic I have with his new eye's

When Eddie is in the Symbiote the lower jaw is pretty much for show.
see how it grows far past Eddie's actual jaw?

Linkalicious
yah.

is that from a Spiderman vs. Venom book or annual?

I've seen that picture before, but not on THAT cover.

VENOMfan
thats a collection of Spiderman issues just put into a book. Venom returns was actually like 3 or 4 issues cant remember off the top of my head. this was just a easier way of aquireing them

badsymbiote
I'm sure they would make the Venom have the elongated jaw--and I don't think it would be too difficult to make it look good. Rendering his teeth and tongue may be much tougher. I think they'll be a very crucial element in Venom's "shock value". Millions of Americans and millions more worldwide will be getting their first dose of Venom.
When people look at my toy collection, and they see my Venom figures, their reactions are nearly all the same. Their eyes widen, their heads lurch back just a bit. It's a reflex. He scares people.
I want to see teeth--and plenty of them...I want to see drool, and a tongue with a mind and a life of it's own. I want him to pant and seethe, and growl just the Venom I know and love. Teeth, tendrils and tongue. Those are gonna be key.

SuperDarryl
If venom was animated today in Spiderman 3 he would be totally awesome, theirs no question in my mind. With the level of computer animation we've all seen in the last couple of years with all the bad ass action flicks we've seen. Venom would defintily be amazing! As kick ass of movies that we've developed I'am anxious to see him in with Spiderman on the big screen!

badsymbiote
Copy that. Couldn't agree more, by the time they actually get around to beginning to render and add effects, the technology will be even more advanced. I just pray that they don't put some idiot like Sly Stallone in the role of Eddie Brock. FX or no FX, that guy would ruin a beautiful character, period. I'd take either the Rock OR Vin Diesel in his place, though I'm lukewarm to those guys, too. The Rock's physical dimensions are just right, though.

Arachnoidfreak
too bad neither of them can act. like i said before, leave Vin to his Riddick roles. and Dwayne Johnson(the Rock) would probably give Venom all kinds of wrestling moves and shit...not a good idea. have you seen his movies?

VENOMfan
bah niether. they will surley find some new guy who's huge to play the role.

Sabretooth worked and nobody knew who Tyler mane was

badsymbiote
He was a totally awesome Sabretooth. I've sait it before, and I'll say it again, I hope like hell they find a good "nobody" to play this role, 'cuz there's nobody famous that's right for the part.
Arachnoidfreak--I did see a couple of his movies--and I've gotta say he is the best professional wrestler-turned-actor that I've seen, but that's not saying much, as the talent pool is VERY shallow. Most of the women I know, however would argue with me, because even though his acting is weak, he looks good doing it. Even I can't say that he's unattractive.

Arachnoidfreak
shit, im a guy and even i cant say he's unattractive(and im not gay, so thats saying something) but when it comes to playing Venom, we cant have him "rock bottom"ing people and clotheslining them...

VENOMfan
that would be so ridiculous.............

PARKER! KNOW YOU ROLE!!!!!!!!

Arachnoidfreak
laughing PRICELESS!

badsymbiote
OK point taken...however, there are those who think that sylvester stallone is a GREAT actor--many people in that biz receive accolades that are completely unmerited. A few people have told me that it is narrow-minded of me never to have watched any "Rocky" or "Rambo" movies simply because I think Stallone has the wit and talent of a box of rocks. But, personally I'd rather watch paint dry...

Arachnoidfreak
Silvester Stallone can lick my nuts. though, Rocky 1 and 2 were good. i personally though Rambo was shit. and thats it. that's all stallone has going for him. 2 movies.

Linkalicious
I don't think it matters all that much about physique because all of his moves/combos/attacks will have to be enhanced by CGI. Venom is supposed to be faster than Spiderman...and someone like the Rock isn't agile enough.

Basically you need someone as Brock, and that's about it. Like Andy Serkin (sp?) the guy who played Gollum. All they need is someone with the right moves, and the technology will make up the rest.

And the Rock IS NOT the best pro wrestler turned actor...it was clearly the Hulkster in Suburban Commando and No Holds Barred. Hulkamania rules Brotha!

moshtitan
well this would be my first post. and for eddie brock i would pick that tall blonde guy from kiss of the dragon. i think that guy would fit the physical aspects of the role quite well.

wuTa
ok i think we would all agree that for an actor to play venom he would have to be a big dude...but what big dudes can act?...u guys already mentioned the rock and vin diesel thats about it.......why dont that try and give that dude who played colossus in X2....i'm sure he would like to have more that 2 minutes of film time and he looked perferct for the part

Linkalicious
they better get the mullet/flattop handled right. none of this BS 2004 modern hair style crap.

wuTa
u know they did that on purpose...they were like what would be the biggest baddest villian? i got it...an alien/parasite like villian with big ass teeth, a 20 inch tounge, swamp like drool, reflexes and strenghts greater than spidey....nope..wait...he just aint bad enough....i know we'll give his alter ego a mullet.....holy shit! now thats a villian!

Linkalicious
yup!

I hope Spidey 3 has Venom hungry for Brains. Those were his best moments.
Recently he's been about witty catch phrases and corny crap.

Red Superfly
Actually, The Rock is probably one of the most agile "huge" people I have ever seen. He is VERY fast for a guy his size.

I have to admit, The Rock does look like he would be a decent enough Venom - but there's no way anybody would buy him in that role, me included.

I wouldn't choose Rock.

There's bound to be some huge unknown actor out there who is good enough for the role. We don't need Mr.Universe to play him ya know.

Linkalicious
he's still a wrestler. He looks nothing like Brock, and he's a horrible actor.

"I came for the woman.....and your head!" pfft...and the academy award goes to....laughing

A no namer would be best. And Venom should be all CGI, just like the Hulk. There's no way to do a living symbiote as a costume unless it's all CGI.

who?-kid
I think they should use the same formula they used in Lord of The Rings, you know, when Gollum was brought to the big screen.

Thanks to an inventive system, the acting and voice of Andy Serkis and the CGI were mixed into a unique and believable character. Something like that could also be done for Venom, I suppose.

Linkalicious
my sentiments exactly...

on page 4.

who?-kid
Oops, didn't want to steal your ideas...

But then again, great minds think alike wink.

VENOMfan
They could perhaps do the Body, but the face would definetly be a mix of live action CGI. kinda like how they will have to do Ghost rider

Linkalicious
you didn't steal anything of mine. You had that thought independently and so did I. It's just funny because we both used him as an example. Though i can't spell worth a damn.

And did you just call me a great mind? woah! thanks.

moshtitan
well at least you get compliments on this forum!!!

moshtitan
oh yea, how do all you guys(not being sexist) get all those cool pics under your post??? and those ones by venomfan are really impressive!

VENOMfan
well i usually make sure the sig I have is somthing I can live with. If you want one you have to request one. usually done in the Link below.
I retired from sig making, but there are plenty of talented sig((like Link)) makers still working

request in here
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f11/t18944.html

moshtitan
sweet, tanx alot. its a shame you quit makin em. YOU WERE DAMN GOOD AT IT!

wuTa
i dont know about the CGI....its either hit or miss when you use it....Hulk CGI-miss.....Spider man 2 CGI (from what i've seen on the previews )-hit

VENOMfan
I might post some of the other sig's Ive used....

but Im sensing the general consciensis is that Venom will be predominatley CGI, or at least how it should be. the technology they have now can make action scenes truly spectacular

and If Carnage apperead in later films he could look wildly crazy

Arachnoidfreak
VENOMfan, youve retired?! glad i got a sig from you while i could. i was going to ask for another, but youve retired, and ill probably look elsewhere.

moshtitan
wats wrong w/ the hulk cgi. its one of the best ive seen. if only the story line had been better

MaverickIce
Shouldn't this be in the Spiderman forums?

VENOMfan
Yeah Im just finisheing up the jobs I OK'd before my retirment. but if your looking for a good Sig maker try Link or TOH those 2 are awsome

Hulk's CGI was great. its just Hulk himself that didnt look/sound good

when he flung that Tank around it couldnt have looked any better

Arachnoidfreak
when you say Link i assume you mean Linkalicious, but i dunno who you mean by TOH

VENOMfan
The One Himself......but I think he has retired too.............Slayerchick is also good, very good infact. I'd say out of all the current Sig makers they are the best

but this needs to get back on topic

Arachnoidfreak
uh, yea...back on topic...how about dat spiderman?...yea, he's great whistling

FrothByte
even if we had cgi for venom, there would still be a need for a guy to play brock, and i don't think it would look good for brock to be in cgi also. how bout that guy from troy? that big thessalonian named boragrius or something. the one that achilles killed in the start of the movie?

oh and just my opinion, i think rock is a damn better actor than stallone.

VENOMfan
I dont know, I havent seen troy. but Tyler Mane was in it, he played Sabretooth is that who you mean?

FrothByte
no no, this guy was bigger than sabre tooth. probably 7 feet tall. big and very muscular... looks really mean too. i think his real name is like nathan tones or something.

VENOMfan
Nathan Jones? he used to wrestle...........he might be too big tho Brock is only 6'3 250. Nathan Jones is 6'8,6'9 350 odd pounds

I think the Big guy from Gladiator would work. he isnt as huge as jones

cuase Jones would dwarf Tobey

FrothByte
really? yah i think the name was nathan jones. i didn't know that guy was a wrestler. but yah you're right, he probably is too big for brock. all the other soldiers from troy only came up until his chest.

VENOMfan
Yeah Nathan Jones was big, even for a wresltler

Ralph Moeller thats the dude from Gladiator, just give him Blond hair....

http://moviegladiator.tripod.com/haken.JPG

FrothByte
doesn't that guy from gladiator have this weird accent? would it suit brock?

VENOMfan
Yeah he's German i think....but He might be able to act around it. other wise he wouldnt sound like Brock at all

VENOMfan
anyhow your right

moving.........

wuTa
it just didnt look right to me...they made the hulk too big i think.....the tv show with lou ferrigno looked more realistic

Spiderman_RJ
the first and last hulk are best.....the middle the giant that sucked but i guess they were trying wich one would suit best

Freddy_vs_Jason
Wuta I 100% disagree with you, making the Hulk so big showed how powerful and menacing he was, if they made him smaller then it would be stupid because the government wouldn't have to handle him because he would be so weak and puny, it would also give his name "Hulk" new meaning. The CGI for him looked amazing, the best CGI I have ever seen in a movie. EVER!

moshtitan
actually if they had kept true to size proportions he would have looked fine, but that movie sure does go away from the comic story line quite a bit.

wuTa
i hated it and i hated the movie......that movie was more about merchandising and box office appeal than the hulk....spiderman is about merchandising and box office appeal but at least there sticking true with the comics and have a good script...and i'm not saying the hulk should be small i'm just just saying he shouldnt be 30ft tall....the hulk from the comics was 7ft tall...thats quite a stretch from the comics

Linkalicious
I thought Hulk's size proportions in the movie were excellent. He was about that big in the comic books. Even if it he Marveldirectory said he was smaller, his scale in comics was huge.

I wonder what Eddie Brock should sound like. He was born and raised in San Francisco, but he did live in New York. I'd be kinda ok if he had a sort of Brooklyn-ish accent.

VENOMfan
Well the only voice's Ive heard him use are Hank Azaria's version and from the Marvel vs Capcom games

He didnt hve a deep voice he had a regular voice that was pretty raspy.....but it's been years since Ive seen that show

badsymbiote
The best Venom voice I ever heard was done by Daran Norris, who did many characters on Activision's Spider-man games. It's throaty and very sexy, and even though I've heard it hundered of times while playing the games, his laugh STILL gives me goosebumps.

I didn't check this site for 2 days, and it was really nice to see everyone writing and thinking so much about the movie--I appreciated reading everybody's thoughtful posts. It took me a while to catch up, though. I went out and got Venom #15, and that occupied some of my time. I recommend that everyone get a copy and let it occupy theirs, too.

Spiderman_RJ
good point his voice on WHO IS IT?
was espetacular i really though it was venom, just like the spderman voice from the same game

Spiderman_RJ
scan it and i will big grin

badsymbiote
Daran Norris was Eddie Brock and Venom, and Rino Romano is Spidey on those Activision games.
LINKALICIOUS--I LOVE your Transformers signature panel. You didn't get Starscream on there, but he and Cobra Commander are really the same character--nevertheless, it's f*cking awesome!

Red Superfly
Have you guys ever seen Nathan Jones act?

Whenever I saw him on TV - he looked great, he really looked the part, but he couldn't act for crap. That's why he had two lines in Troy. His first line was "Urrrrrrrgh" (in a rage) and his second was "Urrrrrrrgh" (falling to the floor dead).

Brock Lesnar, btw, if any of you have seen him - looks like he'd look perfect as Eddie - he even has the cropped blonde hair, and he's HUGE - but not too tall. And, in his latest run in the WWE - he had learned how to act convincingly on a microphone - a much better choice than any other wrestler.

Yet - no wrestler that I know of (and I know literally hundreds) could pull of Eddie Brock well enough. To do Eddie properly, you will need a highly qualified actor. A famous pro wrestler will NEVER cut it.

Also, about The Hulk's size - last time I checked, but that's one of the things they GOT RIGHT in that movie. They screwed up his origin, his story, and most of everything else, but at least they made The Hulk look perfect. He gets bigger the more angry he gets. Please, people who say it wasn't "right" should go read one of the comics - he's FREAKIN HUGE!

badsymbiote
Red Superfly--I love reading your posts. They have given me cause to emit a good audible chuckle more than a few times. As for the wrestler Brock whatever-his-name-is, if you say he's not the brightest crayon in the box, then I'm inclined to believe you. They really ought to use someone who'll do the part justice, and with as much thought as we've all put into it, no 2 of us have been able to agree on any one famous celebrity. But we are all seeming to agree that it should be someone that none of us have heard of before, and that sounds pretty damn good to me.

Asian Hulk
So on the movie"Spider-Man 3".Tobey Maguire will played the role as the young Daily Bugle photographer Peter Parker.Kristen Dunst as the role of Peter's sexiest girlfriend Mary Jane Watson.Rosemarie Harris as Peter's lovely aunt May Parker and J K Simmons as Peter's Daily Bugle boss J.Jonah Jameson.but Spidey movie director Sam Raimi tells Spider-Man TV hunk Nicholas Hammond will join his cameo role in"Spider-Man 3".but Raimi told Stan Lee that who are the actors will played the role as Venom and Carnage.so maybe will portraying Venom role are The Rock or Vin Diesel or even Sylvester Stallone too.on Carnage maybe Gary Busey or Kevin Bacon or even Kevin Spacey too.

Asian Hulk
so after "Spiderman 2"."Spiderman 3"is next.

Red Superfly
Until I see proof that Spiderman 3 will come after Spiderman 2, I won't beleive any such nonsense.

wuTa
Gary Busey as Carnage? that could quite possibly be the wost casting ever if it happened but just the fact that Gary Busey is in the same sentence as Carnage makes me crack up laughing

VENOMfan
nah its Garey busey's Kid that must play Cletus. anybody see him in the frighteners?

badsymbiote
RED, you're so f*cking funny. Seriously.

Wu Ta--Not Gary Busey, JAKE Busey...I was just calling him Gary jr. 'cuz I didn't know his name. Jake is the only person I can even imagine in this role. I will accept no substitutes, though I'll have to take what they give me, unless of course, we're talking about Sly Stallone as Brock in which case I say--I WILL KILL IF THIS HAPPENS. SERIOUSLY--HEADS WILL ROLL!!

VENOMfan
the big guy from gladiator needs to be Brock, but even he is too old for the part.

Stallone is shorter than Tobey, I dont think he will even be considered for Brock

badsymbiote
Ooh, he's foxy. Indeed he'd make a very nice Brock. Perfect build, height looks right, and a gorgeous face--sign this guy! What's his name?

As for Stallone, I have one word: VOMITROCIOUS!!!

VENOMfan
I think his name is Ralph Moller? somthing like that not exact on the last name.......

badsymbiote
That's guy's a stud. He's perfect. How's his acting ability, though? Aw, hell, he can't be worse than Stallone or even the Rock, right?

VENOMfan
I think he ok. he manages to pull of the "big guy who scowels look"

and Im sure he can sum up a very angry demeanor while not looking cheesey. but really his only big role was Gladiator. he was in Scorpion King......not too proud of that Im sure

http://www.patriotresource.com/gladiator/graphics/cast/moeller.jpg

badsymbiote
Scorpion King--how come I don't remember him? Well, I guess, truthfully there's not alot I DO remember about that movie. Even with the lose Egytogology tie, I still found it fairly forgettable. Still, that guy looks pretty good, maybe even slightly menacing.

FrothByte
there's a new conan series where this guy plays conan. his acting is not superb, but he does have enough acting talent to pull off brock. the only major problem about him is his accent. german is it? but if they practice him enuf he might be able to act his accent too. he's pretty much the best candidate i see for venom. sylvester stallone as brock????!!!!! you can't understand a f*cking word that guy mumbles. rock or vin diesel? well not exactly the best actors out there, but they are hell of a better choice than stallone.

red superfly: lol at "urghhhh" being nathan jones' only lines. that's a freaking funny realization for me. hehe

badsymbiote
No kidding. You guys are both really funny.
As for this dude playing Brock with a german accent, Stallone speaks English and still manages to massacre his native tongue, so this guy'd probably do fine.

moshtitan
i still say the big, blonde, guy from Kiss of The Dragon might be a considerable choice for the part of eddie brock.

Red Superfly
Wait a minute - I just had an epiphany - who remembers Biff Tannen from the Back To The Future films?

Man - that guy was huge AND a great actor. He could do Carnage OR Venom (Biff reminds me of Venom, and when he plays his own grandchild in Part II he acts like some schizoid like Carnage).

I have no idea what he looks like now - but Biff would be an awesome Eddie if he still looks youthful enough.

wuTa
i dont know...biff looks perfect for the part but i dont know.....if he played venom theres that chance that i would be saying "why dont you make like a tree and get outta here" throughout the whole film

Spider-Dan
I don't know about his acting skills, but what about Howie Long? He has the Eddie Brock haircut and he's a pretty big guy (6'5", 260 lbs). There was talk about him being Venom years before the first Spider-Man movie came out.

Spiderman_RJ
yah spider dan this last u pick is realy good , the gladiator guy sucks he dont even look like brock :P

VENOMfan
I never thought of that almost exact same build tho. same hair but isnt he getting up there?

badsymbiote
Biff's not good looking enough, not even 20 years ago. Too goofy lookin', but his size is right.
Spider-Dan--Howie Long is an EXCELLENT suggestion. A little old, well 20 years or so, but he still looks fantastic. Even as Brock, the actor has to dwarf anybody he's on-screen with. Howie could do great, and he's not a bad actor, either.

VENOMfan
I guess Dafoe age didnt show too much due to his great acting ability. Howie looks enuf the part he probably could pull it off perfectly.

badsymbiote
Well, Dafoe is an AMAZING actor. Howie's not even in the same stratosphere, but he could certainly "tackle" the role of Eddie Brock.

Zephonim
I am pretty sure the Goblin will be back in the thirs movie, in fact, I am almost positive he will be the main baddy.

Ironman
you people heres the low down ok. in the third movie is gonna be the lizard as said cause in spidey 2 doc coners has the cerium and injects it. in 3 towards the end spider man is injured and says i shoulld make a better costume. In 4 he battles shocker and gets his suit alll torn up and throws on the symbiote (he made it there going by the ultimates books) any way towards the end he almost kill a band of thugs and goes to get rid of it. mean wile during eddies foilment he gets fired and evicted. the suit get rejected and eddie starts giving out hate ful vibes the symbiote creeps up and the movie stops 5 venom is born threw a bank heist spidey foils and venom pops up to attack towards the end spidey defeats him and brock goes to jail. Begining of 6 casedy gets caught doing arsen with a bomb and spidey foils him sending him to jail. Venoms suit then creeps up to bust brock out and he leaves a sample behind and cletus grabs ahold of it and grows on to him. the casedy breaks out in search oh spiderman. He meets up with venom and they forge a plan venom causes chaos in a building and spiderman comes. Carnage then pops out at him. Wile venom is making a scene spiderman come carnage lashes out betting him almost to a point were he dies and venom jumps in pushing carnage off and says dont hog it i want to kill the insect then spiderman clicks a object in his belt. spiderman gets up to avade the onslaught warmachiene (NOT IRONMAN) comes and uses his sonic sholder cannons putting them back in the slammer. Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance bunny 2gunsstarwars tomcat

badsymbiote
Wow, WarMachine, too? That would really be something. I have to say, it's really well thought, and incorporates much of what I know to be true about several different Spidey titles. Thanks for the synopsis. Just so I can get it straight from the horse's mouth, would you please divulge your source? Please?!?

Freddy_vs_Jason
I think The Lizard and Shocker would be perfect in Spider-Man 3 yes
either Shocker or Mysterio.

badsymbiote
Having Curt Conners and the Lizard in Spidey 3 would thrill my oldest son to no end. He loves the character, and it would enrich the story.
He'd be 9 or 10 by the time the movie comes out. Shocker would be good, too, but he's so obscure, that I don't know how receptive people would be to him. And when I say people, I mean your average-everyday sloppy-Joe type.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>