The Ages Of The Earth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sauron
Has anyone oticed how the ages always seem to end on a high note, once the bad guy is overthrown the elves new crisis is 'quick, lets end the age!' it never ends badly for them does it....
what iw as wondering is, on melkor and saurons calander do you think that the ages end at different times, say the downfall of numenor, arnor....the destruction of the trees,

what do you think?

Agent Elrond
I guess once the "goal" of that age is over, it ends. The elves wanted to overthrow Morgoth, and they did, so the first age ended

pip-foot
hmmm. that's an interesting question...

maybe sauron's ages end after one of his victories or accomplishments. since the elves end when they've accomplished their goal. So, like after sauron does what he wanted to ... the age would end. not sure exactly, jsut a thought

Exa
I think Sauron didn't really need a calendar or something ^^
I mean, actually a calendar has no use if you don't have to know when the next harvest comes and when the rivers will have too much water

sauron
yeah but they had them anyway, i was just wondering because i dont think they would like looking at the calendar and saying 'oh look its the aniversary of my overtjrowing'

Agent Elrond
Well, if Sauron wanted to write a journal od his evilness, that would be kinda hard w/o a calander. How will he know when things happened, or know whne to torture the elves?

sauron
Also, what was the age ending event in the three ages melkor was chained

Exa

sauron
thanks for that happy

Agent Elrond
So, he was locked up for 3000 years. Man, that's a long time to be doing nothing in the Void

Discos
I was wondering something of the same sort, but not entirely.

I read a quote from a website "so ended the second age leaving the 3rd age to peril to its dark happenings"

something along those lines confused

Smodden
well....at the end of the 3rd age...:

gandalf wanted to say something important...so he thought long and hard and said...:

"this so ends the 3rd age..."

Sauron
i bet gandalf spent all of the third age thinking of something to say

and he came up with

thus ends the 3rd age

WOW!!! you go gandy you super old senile man!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.