A Green Hornet movie for the future

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Drifter101
Director Kevin Smith said that after his next film, a small budget film, he will make a film about the old 60's show 'The Green Hornet' as you recall the show was about a white man and an oreantal who in the most part kicked the crap out of guys, and Kato, was played by Bruce Lee, who do you think will play his part, and what are your thought about the film?

hobington
I'd choose jet li over Jackie due to appearance I'm not Familiar with the other names- name some movies they were in I'm bad with names embarrasment embarrasment

roundisfunny
How could they have a Japanese "houseboy" in a modern movie, though? The ACLU, ADL and every other bunch of a-holes would be screaming bloddy murder!

Drifter101
Jet Li in Leathal Weapon 4, Choa Yun Fatte in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Ken Watanabe in Last Samurai

forumcrew
yea i read an article about the script he said he about 60 pages then tossed it in the garbage because he decided to not make it main stream and write it like a comic book

WindDancer
I vote for Jet Li cuz he look like Kato in Black Mask. thumb up

eleveninches
How could anybody else but bruce lee star in the green hornet. Until they clone him:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
no

shake zula
jackie chan looks too old. chow yun fat is--ummm-- fat to be kato. and ken wattanabe is too tall, i think. jet li is perfect...

Drifter101
yes it is a good choice and someone has to play bruce lees part

WindDancer
It would be more logical to go with Jet Li as Kato. Of course he can never top the original Kato (Bruce Lee) simply because there isn't much charm in his acting. Don't get me wrong I like Jet Li's skill but his acting isn't great. His acting is decent enough for the characters he has play in the past. But the character of Kato is much more than Martial Arts and secret identity. Which might present a challenge for Jet.

Iron Sun
Make him an executive assistant.

Drifter101
lets hope that Kevin Smith can pull this off w/ out major cornyness

eleveninches
I hope they clone brucce lee for this role big grin

Drifter101
eh but wha can you do

WindDancer
Sorry folks, but Kevin will NOT direct the upcoming Green Hornet movie:

http://www.empireonline.co.uk/site/news/newsstory.asp?news_id=15910

YjefferY
hmmm...

i'd go for Jet Li because:

1. he'd resemble Kato in the Mask
2. he could do a good imitation of Bruce Lee's moves
3. Jackie Chan is a bit old, don't you think?
4. And Jackie is the comic kung-fu star
5. Chow Yun-Fat may not be able to pull off the Kato physique and mystique
6. Ken Watanabe...i can't imagine him in a Kung-fu role...just can't...

Drifter101
crap that kinda sucks that smith aint doing the flick now.

Painkiller
A film staring jake gynhal and jet li based on the comic bokk series and director kevin smith ......going tobe a blast

WindDancer
We have a Green Hornet topic here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=294447&highlight=Green+hornet

Painkiller
sorry again

Drifter101
eh its okay ur new, happens 2 all newbies......dont worry bout it

DemonXangelX
wen will it be out do u know

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.