Ashlee Simpson

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LeatherLep43
Hey, when I heard a while ago about Jessica Simpson's little sister Ashlee Simpson singing I was like, "Another Hilary, huh?" But, what I found out is that Ashlee sings way better than Hilary (SORRY HIL!) and this is just my opinion . . . but I think she sings better than Jessica.

Her single 'Pieces of Me' is a great song. I caught on to the lyrics after a few times of listening to it. I got addicted instantly to the song and to Ashlee. She is a great singer. Her style of singing is more of Punk rock than pop. I'm glad she chose to be that way. She sings great when she sings 'Pieces of Me'.

If you have Windows Media Player go to the 'Media Guide' section and type in search bar: Ashlee Simpson. After the search,
Pieces of Me' should come up. Listen to the song. It's really great.

Tell me what ya'll think of this song and how it will do. It just got released and some radio stations already have the song playing. So look out for it. Do you think Ashlee will make it? I hope she does. She has with me.
Happy Dance

LeatherLep43
www.ashleesimpsonmusic.com

Elektra_lover
I think shes good smile

moonwalker741
she sux! u ever see her show? she cant sing for shit

Real
yeah...her producer hated the way she was singing for a while

Elektra_lover
I think shes gr8. I want her CD for my B-Day wich is the 27 smile

Sarah15
i dont think she can sing that well..but i like the song though

Darth Revan
okay... I watched an episode of her show on MTV, and I couldn't help noticing one thing: she can't sing a goddamn note in tune. On the single, she sounds great, but when they show her actually RECORDING a song, she screws up at least every two lines.

Also, if you've ever listened to real punk like the Sex Pistols or the Ramones... Well, nevermind that, I don't care whether you've heard real punk or not, Ashlee is a pop artist. If you could call her an artist at all.

Elektra_lover
Hey i like her style
*starts cat fight jk*

Alpha Centauri
The new rule of having a musical career should be that you gotta have talent.

-AC

Darth Revan
Elektra> I'm not trying to start a flame war here... But didn't her producer say "we're going to put you with great people to help you figure out who you are"? Sounds to me like her "style" isn't her "style" at all, rather the style of a lot of writers and musicians who probably are getting paid much less than her and are busting their asses compared to what she's doing.

Elektra_lover
AC
I think shes realy good
DR
SO.....lol

PunisherFan33
ashley simson is a bad singer she sucks.

PunisherFan33
sick laughing out loud

Elektra_lover
sHES A GOOD SINGER

Real
shes hot...but shes only a half decent singer...not worthy of an album IMHO

PunisherFan33
yea shes got the looks but dont have the talent

Darth Revan
Soooo... She can't sing, she can't write, she doesn't even attempt to play a musical instrument... She's not talented.

SeptemberRain
She hot and thats all that matters

Real
she should go back to acting...cuz thats what shes good at...and make hot movies so we can watch her...
too bad she left 7th heaven...i was supposed to go watch a filming of the show next season...woulda gone just to meet her stick out tongue

snoopy43
OK here's where I spoil the love for Ashlee. Ashlee is a product of a record company. All this is forced on her by her father. Her father is a creepy guy. He's into his daughter's career just a tad too much. Actually I think he's into his daughter's a little too much peroid. Ashlee has NO talent. No charisma. NO personality. She's a spoiled little ***** being forced on people. I really wish people would wake up and stop paying attention to people like her. She has NOTHING to offer and should NOT even be considered a celebrity, let alone a ''pop star.'' She doesn't deserve it.

Real
shes hot yes

Alpha Centauri
How you consider women and girls like Jessica and Ashlee Simpson hot when there's women like Angelina Jolie in the world, I'll never know.

-AC

Real
cuz ashlee is 19, n angelina is a lot older...n in the real world, i got much more of a chance w/a girl close to my age than about more than twice it...

snoopy43
The other night I was having a few cocktails with Satan himself. Boy, put a couple of Gin and Tonics in that guy and he NEVER shuts up! Anyways, while I was there in Hell, who should call but Ashlee Simpson herself. Our Dark Lord merely rolled his eyes as Ashlee rambled on and giggled. He told me that she's getting to be a bigger pain in the ass than Kathie Lee Gifford ever was! Then John F. Kennedy, Richard Nixon, Mr. Rodgers, Marlon Brando and Liberace came into the room. Happy Dance

SnakeEyes
Are you on crack?

Real
wow snoopy, that musta been one great nite

Alpha Centauri
"cuz ashlee is 19, n angelina is a lot older...n in the real world, i got much more of a chance w/a girl close to my age than about more than twice it..."

I never said who you have more of a chance with. I said why you think these women are hot is strange. Coz they're not.

-AC

Black Onyx
yes

Elektra_lover
Well look how good the songs do come out in the end

Darth Revan
First of all... I don't like her music at all. Second, the thread is titled "Ashlee Simpson: Great Singer", which certainly implies that LeatherLep thinks Ashlee Simpson is a talented musician. If he/she just likes her music but doesn't necessarily think she can sing, the thread should be titled "Ashlee Simpson's Producer: Worker of Miracles" or something of that nature.

Alpha Centauri
It doesn't matter how they come out when you use studio engineering solely to make it look like you're talented.

If she can't sing she shouldn't be putting our records end of story.

Her producer isn't working miracles coz today you can do anything with a computer. I could come out with an awesome voice if I used a computer program like half of these people.

-AC

Elektra_lover
Well she rights her own stuff

tinkerbell668
I personally don't like ashlee simpson, for some reason she's just annoying ya know? Shes a spoiled brat in my opinion, if you watch her show you will see what im talkin about. She can't sing....hell I can sing better then her, give me a couple beers and we are set!! lol anyways back to my point. Also she can't call herself punk...no she can't if you've ever listened to punk you were listening to the Ramones or something of that nature. Thats punk not ashlee simpson, even avril lavigne isn't considered punk shes pop rock.

So to all u ashlee fans, sorry to rain on ur parade!!!! and umm yeah thats about it...

Elektra_lover
Im use to it lol

snoopy43
It's just a very sad statement that an empty headed, spoled brat like her gets to simply stroll into a studio and be MADE, PRODUCED, DONE OVER to become a Pop Star. It's an empty gesture to say she's more ''edgy'' than her dumb``` sister.. Real musicians and REAL talent can't get the time of day and she gets the world thrown at her feet for zero effort.

Jason Wyngarde
ashlee is way hotter than the tomb raider chick. she is is all up on the incest

Darth Revan
Angelina Jolie is waaaaay better looking than Ashlee Simpson... Christ, I know straight girls that think Angelina is hot.

Real
i never sed angelina wasnt...she is...but i think ashless simpson is hot too...not knock out gorgeous like angelina jolie...but like, more girl-next-door hot...

tinkerbell668
ok in my opinion, as a straight girl, ashlee....shes cute ya know in a girly sort of way. Plus, i cant say shes ugly because i'd be lying. But Angelina is more sexy and seducive...ya know? I like Angelina better, hands down!!!

BOPRecruit 16
after hearing her debut single, pieces of me, made me realize that her voice has more carrying depth and is better than her sister's, jessica's.

PunisherFan33
she sucks thats all i have to say. she is a whore.

tinkerbell668
i dunno about the whore part but she does suck....yeah she does.

PunisherFan33
if you watched the show( i only watched the first 3 episodes) she made out with a guy she didnt even know.

Alpha Centauri
That's not a whore. That's just a stupid girl. Bit hardcore calling her a prostitute coz she made out with guy. She does suck tho.

"after hearing her debut single, pieces of me, made me realize that her voice has more carrying depth and is better than her sister's, jessica's"

Not an amazingly hard feat though is it?

-AC

tinkerbell668
I like jessica simpson though!! It seems like Ashlees just rideing her coat tail...

ragesRemorse
just another studio made creation with no speical talents. Even worse her song lyrics are about as deep as a beer bottle after a night with alcoholics. a couple years back we had countless boy bands copying off of and constantly trying to out do one another, which had there sounds melding into the same, now we have young female singers doing the same. History is repeating itself yet again.

Krabs55
I hate ashlee...she is so bad... !!!!!!

Jason Wyngarde
i dont mind her.

HockeyHorror
she's terrible, but compared to 50 cent she's better
laughing

ragesRemorse
thats just ebcause she has t1ts

PunisherFan33
she is a whore and she cant sing.

ragesRemorse
i wouldnt be a fan of any musician if i saw there parents scolding them on how they were singing, that is beyond pathetic.

tinkerbell668
hmmmm I just don't like her....

Spicy_Mchaggis
ashlee is horrible. if youve ever watched the show, she screws up all the time in recording and practice, her voice is really raspy, she sounds like a man in some of her songs.

PunisherFan33
yea her parents are always around and thats why she never has fun doing other things. like have dudes at her house w/out her mama being there.

V@LL3jOk!D707
she sucks and shes a whiney brat.

tinkerbell668
Yeah all I can do is agree!!1

PunisherFan33
she is a daddys girl who gives a rats ass about ashely simson

erly_star
I like Ashlee's style
I like the 'rockness-popness' of her voice
But honestly, I think Jessica has a better voice

I like them both though

tinkerbell668
hmmmmm...well she is poppy but the thing that bugs me the most is when she try's to be all punk! Like at the MTV movie awards someone asked her if she was romantically linked to nick carter, she said, "No I like bad boys not backstreet boys!" And he was standing right behind her!! She tries too hard...

Elektra_lover
Shes a great singer i love peices of me

PunisherFan33
well erly_star you like her only bcause she WANTS to be a punk but shes not shes a wanna be. i dont listen to punk but i know the difference between a wanna be and a real punk rocker.

punkyhermy
nah...
she is lame.
she can't sing at all.
all she does is recites her lyrics, no emotions or voice!
she is just a wannabe, i have no clue how jessica can bare sucha lame sister, she is totally copying her sister!
ashlee could have done something better in her life than being a singer!

ragesRemorse
She is a fake artist. Afake everything. She is being created just like her sister and every other pop band. there all fake

punkyhermy
^totally agree

tinkerbell668
I like jessica, she has a good voice!! But shlee...no she's horrible!!

ballerinaboyn
Ashlee and Jessica, both can't sing.

Jessica has a great vocal range, but the way she sings annoy the shit out of me.

Ashlee just sux, I can't stand her twisted look/voice.

I read once that their father said Jessica has a six octave range *roll eyes*. well, I don't know what about you, but I never heard Jessica sings in her lower octaves. it's impossible to have 6 octave range (what an ass, he's stupid almost like his daughter).

Sarah_Beth
i cant stand ashlee simpson..i think she's annoying..
jessica is okay..

Elektra_lover
I love both of them

tinkerbell668
hmmmmmmm

Spicy_Mchaggis
she's just like her sister, all looks, no brains, no voice, and is completely molded and told what to do by the media.

Elektra_lover
Their both great

Alpha Centauri
Dumb, talentless, puppets. That's all they are.

-AC

moonwalker741
Ashlee simpson cant sing! for sh!t......

thats it, nothing else to say...

Darth Revan
I thought it was amusing on the show how she got all pissed when her producer asked if she wanted to do a pop album laughing

Y'know Ashlee, if you want to do a rock album, try not going to a pop label for a start laughing

Elektra_lover
I want her CD but cant find it sad

reesescuzn
Hey I have Met Ashlee and Jesica they are my cuzn's on my dads side as reese is on my moms side but i love both of them very much but i think and know that they are the ditzest people you will ever meet! I mean Jess. didnt know how to cook and ashlee didnt know how to mop or sweep and she played a janitor

Elektra_lover
I wiss i knew them they seem sooo sweet

Elektra_lover
I GOT IT Happy Dance

Alpha Centauri
If only murder was legal.....

-AC

Elektra_lover
OMG I wish so too I would kill you

Alpha Centauri
Don't flatter yourself, I meant Jessica and Ashlee Simpson.

No need to get stressed.

-AC

Elektra_lover
I know who you ment

Alpha Centauri
So you'd kill for people who don't even know you exist and would never do the same for you?

Once again hilarity prevails.

-AC

Df02
and you get soo worked up by music, and people that i doubt u've ever personally met, that you feel you have to kill them...?

once again hilarity prevails

Elektra_lover
Im so mad. She was playing at a local mall and I didn't know and I missed it crybaby

Alpha Centauri
"and you get soo worked up by music, and people that i doubt u've ever personally met, that you feel you have to kill them...?

once again hilarity prevails"

Ladies and Gents we have an emotion reader amongst us.

Yes DF, from me merely typing you came to the conclusion that these people wind me up and that I get wound up by music. Ha. Not at all really, everytime I type I do so perfectly calm.

Call me crazy but yes I do have a distaste for people whoring and disrespecting the greatest artform in the world in exchange for fame. That's just me though, I'm not gonna go so far as to ask everyone to respect music as much as I, that would be too much and is infact something I don't want. I strongly believe in opiate for the masses. Jessica, Ashlee and all the rest of these pituary retard celebrities are here for those people who wish to be spoon-fed. However, being that we share a planet, I have the right to say my opinion. I have done so.

The thing that you should understand about me is, I type exactly what I mean. Purely so people like you cannot come along and twist my words or meanings as you have repeatedly tried to.

-AC

periera
Actually, Mariah Carey has an 8 octave range, so I don't think it's impossible. But I do agree with you about Jessica never singing in her lower octaves. I think she has a good voice, but she's very overrated. I don't mind Ashlee, though. She IS a product of the masses and she IS a spoiled little ***** that probaby doesn't appreciate any of it, but I still like her cd. She won't be around next year, though.

periera
Actually she's signed to Geffen, which is the label that housed both Nirvana and White Zombie among others. I think it's funny how she still considers her album to be rock when it's one of the poppiest albums I've heard in a long time.

Alpha Centauri
"I don't mind Ashlee, though. She IS a product of the masses and she IS a spoiled little ***** that probaby doesn't appreciate any of it, but I still like her cd. She won't be around next year, though."

Genuine question, why do you think that is? That she wont be around next year.

-AC

Elektra_lover
She will be around next year

Alpha Centauri
True. People will buy anything.

Cool Inuyasha sig by the way.

-AC

Punkyhermy
have you heard "LA,LA" or wat ever its called...
her voice is TERRRIBLE!!!!
i can't stand it...
her voice doesn't come out of her throat....

Df02
ive hardly twisted ur words tho... you said:

"if only murder was legal"
indicating u wanted to murder someone, or someone to be murdered...

then said:

"Don't flatter yourself, I meant Jessica and Ashlee Simpson."
indicating that you wanted to murder them...

so really i hardly twisted them, and after you had ur post about her killing for someone who didnt know she existed, i thought id spin it round onto you...since you pretty much left ur self open for it lol

Alpha Centauri
"so really i hardly twisted them, and after you had ur post about her killing for someone who didnt know she existed, i thought id spin it round onto you...since you pretty much left ur self open for it lol"

Whatever happened to non-literal humour. I can't say their loss of lives would matter much to me to be honest. I wouldn't kill them though, just coz they aren't worth the effort. It was just a jocular sentance but seeing as everyone here seems to be offended by anything closely resembling dangerous humour, I got it in the neck.

Is a bit silly.

-AC

Df02
i was never offended by it, just thought id defend the person cos i could... and who says he/she wasnt joking aswell?
never really got it in the neck tho did you, doubt i offended u or bothered u, just like u didnt bother or offend me...

Alpha Centauri
"i was never offended by it, just thought id defend the person cos i could... and who says he/she wasnt joking aswell?"

Me, because she wasn't. But that doesn't matter at all now.

-AC

Df02
stick out tongue

i cba with this nemore neway

Alpha Centauri
She was because she was sending me IMs on AIM telling me she hates me and would kill me if she lived in the UK.

Comedic indeed.

-AC

Df02
ok ill admit thats pretty funny...

Polly
I love Ashlee! She's awesome! I got her CD the day that it came out big grin She's my idol!!!

Alpha Centauri
"She's my idol!!!"

Sorry.....

-AC

periera
Mainly because she's the newest "thing" created by MTV. I think that once the novelty wears off and people realize her minimal talent she'll just get lost in the background. It's obvious that she'd be shit without her tv show, and I think that once huge mainstream media (MTV, her reality tv show) quit paying attention to her, she'll be nothing. It's like a new toy: once you get sick of playing with it, you toss it aside. She doesn't have the talent (voice or "writing" wise) to be legendary or to be around for awhile, so I give her about a year and once all the hype dies down, bye bye Ashlee.

Just like I wish would happen with that damned Avril.

Sorry for being wordy and a bit repetitive.

Alpha Centauri
No it's fine, thanks for replying. With all you just said it makes me wonder why you like her CD though.

-AC

ballerinaboyn
Mariah has 5 octave range, not 8.

Alpha Centauri
Shaggy has a 12 octave range.......

*Shifty Eyes*

-AC

periera
To be completely honest with you, I have no clue. I've often wondered that myself. I guess I too can be easily duped at times.

ballerinaboyn
he has probably one and a half octave range.

Cheeky monkey
Who likes Ashlee simpson's new song. ME

Turbo-Cajun
Leave.

Now.

Cheeky monkey
Why do i have to leave for. what have i done wrong. A BIG FAT NOTHING. THERE

lil bitchiness
Shes sucks...immensly.

Bierbommetje
Dont make us use force

Darth Revan
There has already been an Ashlee thread. And yes, she sucks.

Mr Zero
By a strange coincidence...

lil bitchiness
And it is merged.

Turbo-Cajun
Guess no one wants to talk to you monkey...

Arahael
Yes, Ashlee Simpson does indeed, severely suck. She's also a poser.

FEDFAN316
i hate the tv show but i like her songs

FEDFAN316
how do u knower she is a poser and how do we know what u sing likearahael? stick out tongue

Turbo-Cajun
Fed Fan, by shear numbers you will probably just get shit on by people who hate her..... let this thread die

Darth Revan
You don't have to know a person personally to tell they are a poser. I've never met Avril Lavigne in my life, yet I know that she is a poser. Same with Ashlee Simpson. She thinks she is a "punk rocker" or something, when in fact she only wears chuck taylors and has guitar samples in her music. This does not make her a true punk. Punk is about the attitude, not the look.

Deathblow
yeah no shit. Plus, there is the one small fact: she's Jessi Simpson's lil sister for gods sake! Anyone who actually takes her seriously needs medical attention laughing out loud

Darth Revan
Yeah, I thought of that after I posted laughing out loud

Ronny
and the drugs you forgot the drugs no expression

Darth Revan
Yeah, that too. Straight-edge my ass no expression

Ronny
oh yea no expression

there arnt any strait edge punks are there?

D-Double
You ain't lying. I've heard cats f*ck with more harmony than her. Her sister's a frigg'n moron, but at least she can carry a tune. I'm so tired of untalented family members jumping, ass first, into the spotlight. Go get a job at Burger King and spare us the agony.

ClaraG
i like ashlee, she's more original than her airhead sister

PeRfEcTlY~*~NoT
I love ashlee simpson!! I have her cd and it rox,and she has such a great voice, that sounds really different than alot of the others that are out right now. She is also funny on her show!! She's got the heart and soul for this buissness!! I love ASHLEE!!

khalla
her singing just sounds like shes breathing anyone i repeat anyone can sing better than ashley simpson she sucks ass and she is a poseur because in her pieces of me video shes wearing a shirt that says punk written on it in pink now i don't know about you but i definately think that she is anything but punk!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.