how many books do you read at one time

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mlblover15
i personally devote all my time to reading one book at a time. i know some people that read up to 4 differenat books at one time.. that is insane!!!!

big gay kirk
Well... I have one in my truck, for when I'm on the road (currently Robert Westalls The Cats of Seroster...) one in the bathroom (Michael Crichton's Timeline...) the one I'm reading to my son at bedtime (Blade of the Poisoner by Douglas Hill...) one by the bed (Eric Langmuir's MOuntaincraft and Leadership...) and one downstairs (Philip Pullman's Shadow in the North...)

Morridini
I usualy only read one book at a time, but when I have to read a book for a school project I usualy read it alongside my other book.

EOWYN3
2-3...one at work and i work on two at home. Like if I'm reading a monster book, I ususally digress from it and read an "easier" book for a few days.

Baylin
I usually have 2-3 books on the go which I read depends on my mood. My problem is I dont get enough opportunity to read the way I used to so it takes me ages to get through even one sad

§pearhead
only one happy

ElectricBugaloo
2-3, i'll just lose the book that i'm reading and start another one. right now, i'm reading a book and a couple of magazines.

vaya_the_elf
3-4 but I have read up to five. But I cant read anymore than five at a time.

coolboarder98
I think the most i was reading at one time was 4.

MattyB
Well, I'm usually reading about 4 books constantly at a time. Whether it would be school books, or simply books of my interest. I love reading, it takes me away from the world, into my own little world, I feel comfortable and secure when im laying back in the leather chair with the lamp behind me reading away until early morning. It makes me feel good, and while reading, I am able to extend my vocabulary and insert myself into many books and become one of the characters, which is really powerful to me.

Currently I am reading: The Wealthy Barber, Lord of the Flies, Catcher In The Rye, in about 2 weeks I will be starting The Rule of Four (Ian Cadwell & Dustin Thomason), and The Last Juror (Josh Grisham)

coolboarder98
Do you mean John Grisham?

lisa71
Right now I think I have about five that I have started but haven't gotten around to finishing,
John Jakes- the patriot
Georgette Hayer-the tollgate
Diana Gabaldon-Outlander
Jane Austin-Pride and Prejudice
Jane Austin-Pursuasion

ElectricBugaloo
I've been reading all the Wheel of Time books again, but i took a break halfway through Crown of Swords to read Alvin Journeyman and the latest issue of Punk Planet magazine

cermiestar
as many as i want to! i'll just go round the house and pick something up and start it then go to another room and find something i started earlier, my parents get annoyed! i leave books everywhere but on the shelf!

Melgond
1-2book

pinsleepe
there was a time i read 5 books at the same time. now just one.

Exabyte
Indeed,
but in my opinion inevitable erm

At the moment, Im reading about five or six books where I really regularly continue, but several others where I just read some pages from time to time.

Until I first read Tolkien, I usually only read one book at one time, finished it after one or two afternoons and then started the next one
but that simply doesnt work anymore erm

R@ven
most yet was 5 because of school novels and my own

theReject
Too many...

zinh
I have one book for bedtime and one book for the toilet big grin

not kidding embarrasment

Anywien
I only ever have to read more than one at a time if school makes me. Or if my mum confisgates one in the middle of me reading it and I have to start another one until she gives it back sad The worst time that happened was when I was 12 and I was reading Hannibal, but mum took it off me so I had to start The Shining. When she gave it back to me, I was already 300 pages into The Shining, and 200 into Hannibal, (about halfway for each) so I was stuck reading a chapter of each before bed. That was insane, and I'm not going to do it again. Far too confusing. eek! How anybody can do it on a regular basis is beyond me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.