New Darth Vader pic?????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dragonx
ok some of you people might have noticed the front page of SW.com 2day and it shows a pic of Darth Vader that i and many other people have never seen b4 is it possible SW.com gave us a sneak peek because from 1 year from now SW ep3 will be released in the theaters?it might be possible confused (already been asking some real SW experst if this possibly could be the new darth vader many said 2 me its very likely it could be big grin well ofcourse i am not gonna say this is the new Dvader 100% sure but it is a possibelty you decide 4 yourselfs thumb up (i still havent found any1 who saw in past times this pic b4 so this is looking hopefull)

Could really be EpIII Vader as he wasn't on that kind of location in the OT big grin

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/354/sw_update1.jpg

This has to be new, I've never seen it before.

dragonx
here are some arguments of why this veryy possibly could be the ep3 Darth Vader:

Haydens arms,although he has bulked up,are not as "thick" as Prowse's were. The arms are too thin to be OT Vader.(gloves look to big and arms 2 thin,hayden does have thin arms not as nearly as big as prowse were)

There is what apears 2 be on the left side of the pic a vertical arm?

The chestplate looks different then from the OT.(looks like new 1)

The background is nothing Vader has been at ever before.

episode3 and production seem to relate that this possibly could be an Ep3 image.

This could possibly be our *first* look at Vader???

cornponious
I think this is a picture of the new Vader. I was hoping that there would be someone in the costume who would fill it out in the way that Prowse did in the OT. Prowse lifted weights, was a big guy, and created a big menacing form in Darth Vader. Upon looking at this picture, I get the impression that I'm viewing Darth "Crack Whore" Vader.

Seriously, though, if you want to compare this picture with the original Vader, I am attaching some pics for reference.

cornponious
and this one:

cornponious
and then this one:

cornponious
Here's one:

cornponious
Notice how much more "filled out" the arms are in the OT Vader than Hayden's Vader arms are. The gauntlet is actually filled out more as well. Honestly, if this is the way Hayden is going to look in the Vader costume, then I would REALLY like to see someone else in the costume.

Granted, the EIII Vader pic is taken at a strange angle, and Vader seems to be hobbling along in a "LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO ME" sort of way, with both arms outstretched.

Still, I have to say I don't like it.

Any other opinions?

corn

Bagels
Well, the picture's got me convinced, though his arms do look really scrawny compared to his bulky shoulders, but I'm sure they had this in mind. I'm even more sure that it will look better in the theater. smile

rustiswordz
personally my view is that ive never seen Vader in that pose before. The only time ive ever see him reach out like that is the ESB whern he tries to convince Luke over the Bespin shaft that he is his father.

LanİeWindu
It looks new to me as well.

I also think that they made knew the arms were gonna be scrawnier as well...he couldn't just magically get buff once he has the suit on, Vader probably gets buff as the years go by, or he gets upgrades later on.

Corsie
It looks pretty convincing to me.

Anakin2Vader
That helmet looks very similar to the pics of the new helmet posted here.

amity75
Maybe both arms are robotic and they're just more like 3PO's under his sleeves coz that's the only technology they have. Look at how skeletal Anakins new hand was.

Sith Master X
Looks convincing to me as well, but needs a little work on the arms.

SMX

dragonx
sorry for maybe a disapoitment but it is possible that the pic that was shown on the front page of SW.com is probably some old marketing pic that wasnt released yet because the pic i posted below has a lot of simmilarities and this 1 below is a old pic (i was told) it even has fox video written on the pic and when you look closely it has some letters written on the back probably from a mag or something similar sad

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/4427/darth1.jpg

amity75
I'm relieved.

§pearhead
he looks horrible in that erm

Sith Master X
At least we'll get to see the real thing this Sept, his Episode 3 look on the OT DVD's.

SMX
cool

Vader Raider
Yep looks like exact same costume as in that Fox Video....

Sacrifise666
vader. go back to the site and check out the photoreceptor. it shows vader but his armor looks diffrent.

it say's e.s.b but to me it looks new. evil face

darktim1
alright what about his gold had they would have to put in the glove

Vader Raider
Actually it prob is ESB, The helmet is ESB the chest box is ESB, The gloves are ANH though as well as the belt, But that shot was done most likely before filming so they had prob mixed some stuff up, In one of the first ESB posters that shows Vader they used an ANH helmet.....

And the upper armor is standard OT armor I have the same stuff....

jedi mike
cool pics but they are from the old movies except for one of them

amity75
That's what I'd look like if I put on the Vader costume.

Red Superfly
Is that supposed to be Dark Helmet or Darth Vader?

darktim1
coooooooooooooooooooooooooooool maaaaaaaaan

super shadow GL
nope probably a deleted scene

Vader Raider
EP3 Vader, Recently taken at ILM..

http://pic14.picturetrail.com/VOL554/966484/4283623/57460353.jpg

spadesmamma61
recently? that magazine is from Feb.

Darth Venom
you see I like the new mask but its just his neck that stands out for me
it just looks to bit but i like the rest

Dark_PadawanZ
Hi, Pablo Hidalgo has stated in the official site forums this is incorrect. His quote: "That ain't the Ep III costume. It looks like the archival "Character Appearances" Vader costume used at events."

Read more in theforce.net..... sad

amity75
Yeah they always seem to dust that costume down for premieres, promotions etc. It doesn't look right and the head always looks like it's gonna fall off.

yerssot
because it is said on starwars.com we have to go to TFN??

DB1975
Sorry to disappoint, but I think you guys jump the gun just a bit to hastily on first whisper of rumors.

I believe that is a slightly morphed photo of Vader from Empire Strikes Back pleading with his son to join him to rule the galaxy.

Any thoughts?

DB1975

Sith Master X
That's what the pic looks like, I think cause he's got his arm extended the way he does in ESB, but I'm not 100% sure.

SMX
cool

darktim1
cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.