Wolverine vs Predator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Ryugen
A couple of months ago me and Lord Shadow Z decided to watch Predator. As we watched we started talking about what Superheroes it could kill. However when we reached Wolverine a debate started, you see we both think the Predator would beat Wolvie but Z thinks it would kill him while I think that it would only be able to knock him unconcious. So what does everyone else think, would the Pred win or will Wolvie show that this prey's to damm good to kill?

eleveninches
Well, the predator should be able to defeat most humanoids (including wolverine), but if Arnie can take on a predator, then so can wolvie

VENOMfan
Wolverine could probably take him out if he got close. hes probably quicker and wouldnt get too phased by those two blades and maybe a spear with his healing factor.

If Sabretooth can stalk Wolverine catch him and F*** him up then Im postive a Predator could, they are born to do that kind of stuff and they give Batman a run for his money every once in a while.

FrothByte
basing from the predator movie, the predator has that shoulder canon of his plus that freaky invisible camouflage ability, and not to mention that predators are obviously stronger than humans. i think wolverine is outmatched here.

Arachnoidfreak
i might be wrong, but i got the impression that the camoflauge was invisibilty only, basically you cant see it. Wolverine has all of his senses hightened, meaning he can smell and hear him easily. that shoulder blaster thing is a great help to Predator though, it keeps him out of arm's reach.

Lord Ryugen
I think the Pred would stalk Wolvie for a while to see what he was capable of and then, when it was sure strike full force. A couple shots from the blaster a disc in the stomach and then the net, after which he jumps down and stabs him repeatadly with the spear. Now I'm not saying that Logan's just gonna stand there and let this happen, but I don't think he can dodge laser fire. Pred wins but can't do enough organ damage to kill him.

Arachnoidfreak
dude, heightened senses. he knows when someone is following him.

VENOMfan
I dont know about that, his hightened sense vs somthing thats born to hunt dangerous prey? he probably would leave sent trails everyware just to confuse Wolvie and then do the invisable thing

Linkalicious
Unlike the guy who took a blast through the chest from the shoulder cannon....Wolvie would have a minor wound.

If Wolvie went berserk....Predator would be dead. And strength is of little matter when you have claws like wolverines. Lets see him use that superior strength with both arms cut off.

The healing factor and adamantium is too much for the Predator to deal with. And I don't think he's better than Sabretooth at hunting. Predator probably thinks the invisible camo would be enough of a stealth object to kill Wolvie.

VENOMfan
Well you got too remeber Wolverine is just a guy you can draw him kicking ass easy. Predator was some poor dude wearing a 200 pound latex costume he couldnt exactly do all the things the desinger wanted. in the comics Predators are INSANE fighters. If predator did the lame thing and just took pot shots from a tree then I think he has it in the bag

but even if he wanted to have the fight on the ground I still think Wolverine is in for a hurtin.

I mean on average a Predator is packing:a combination Spear,that crazy discus,a shoulder cannon,a med pack, a net gun, a shit load of little poky things((very scientific terms)), his camo,three vision modes, his own claws.

and the big one self destruct nuke./

on the ground from about 40 feet away predator has about 60/40 chance of winning up close i still think 40/60

if he was unarmed he would get his ass kicked

Gregory
Batman, Tarzan, and Judge Dredd have all taken out Predators. Surely Wolverine could as well.

Linkalicious
I just think the lack of a healing factor is going to ultimately be Predators demise. Sure he has that med pack, but he still needs to be alone long enough to use it.

If Wolvie can find Predator, then there's a good chance he won't let him get away.

The adamantium skeleton is helpful because it prevents the critical shots that would be fatal to anyone else.

VENOMfan
Well mainly becuase DC isnt going to kill bat's right? you can kill predators becuase Dark Horse knows they just use a differnt one. In the Dark Horse comics just about Predator those things take on entire platoons and sluaghter them. they throw down with Aliens every other issue and they bleed acid. Is Wolverine gonna kill a Alien? he could but his hands would burn off and coaghterize Predators are smart enuf to know just start hacking away at somthing isnt always a bright idea

Im not saying Wolverine couldnt do it. but Wolverine gets dropped by Punisher. a guy with tactile expertise and regular firepower. thats pretty much what Predators are all about.

SuperDarryl
I think the Predators kick ass. Predators only lose in the comic books becuase their are so many of them. But their is only one Batman and their is only one Wolverine, and one of all Super-heros. Predators are a race of super alien hunters, theirs got to be a entire planet full of them. I think a battle between most Super-heros and predators. Predators I believe would do pretty well.

Predators have a extensive amount of weaponry. Predators are master universal hunters, a good example is all the skulls inside the ship of the Predator in the second Predator movie.

Predators could kill Wolverine with a variety of ways. No, I do not think that the Predators will give Wolverine a Predator suit and adopt him into the brother hood of Predators. A Predator could kill Wolverine with his laser cannon, first off the easiest way. Predator could throw his discus at Wolverine and cut him in half. He did that in the second movie and cut threw 6 cow slabs and then threw a human with ease.

The only thing I don't get about the Predators is that they are so bad ass and have so many weapons and are so cool, but yet they get killed by people by Arnold Swarzzenhammer, and Danny Glover, and Batman.

I'd love to see just one movie where the Predator totally dominates his opponent. I thought that he was dominating Arnold pretty badly in the first Predator movie. I do think that Wolverine will be dominated just as easily, in a hand to hand combat fight or even in a long range blood bath. Predator wins with Wolverines skelton as a prize

VENOMfan
He would half to be one hell of a shot to cut Wolverine in half. he would need to land it between to vertabre.

but that plasma caster could blow out Wolverines vitals. its not truly a rocket it just looked like one in films its supposed to be superheated energy

SuperDarryl
Now I have to say one more thing about Predators Nuke that he has. So one said that Wolverine could take a nuke and get up and brush the dirt of his shoulders. Absolute Bull. If Predator sets his nuke off and takes himself out point blank with Wolverine just chillin their. Wolverine is one dead mutant along with about 10 blocks blown out as well. Wolverine will not survive!

Arachnoidfreak
interesting points. but his smell isnt the only thing thats hightened. unless Predator can project confusing sounds all over the place, Wolverine still has a good chance of discovering his stalker.

Arachnoidfreak
lol i know this issue is bullshit, but Wolverine has taken a nuke before(the new Venom series, the "Run" storyarc). i know he shouldnt have though, and the writer went way overboard.

VENOMfan
Have you seen the predator movies? he does that in number two. really the Predators main weakness is arrogance. if he would have just killed Arnie in the swamp instead of beating the Shit out of him he wouldnt have got squished.

the second Predator did the voice trick but he wasnt as good as the first he tried the self destruct thing too early and got a arm cut off for it

Lord Ryugen
Well this is intresting Wolvie's losing on the polls.

Spawnie
Batsie has done it twice against the Predator. That is enough for me, Wolvie could do it also. He is quick he is agile, he gets crazy when down, smile u know what I mean. The old dog could pull it off.

He could smell them a mile away, but not till he had some taste for them first.

SuperDarryl
What a totally retarded thing for the writers to do! We all know that Wolverine is nothing more then a human mutated into a mutant with enhanced scent, agility, and adamantium claws! Where does it say that he can take a nuke a brush the dirt off his shoulders? Whoever scripted and storyboarded him being albe to survive that should tossed in the gas chamber, run over with a mac truck, beaten to a pulp with a broom stick, nearly stoned to death, and then thrown off the Ifiltower. That was the dumbest thing I have ever heard writtin. Just my opinion though...
Oh by the way. Predator would splatter Wolverine with his laser cannon... laughing mad

SuperDarryl
Post is off subject but I found it on the web when searching for a predator laser cannon gun... smile Jessy the Body Ventera is carrying it...

Gregory
Three times. But the second time he had help.

Spawnie
JEsse is carring "Painless" ok! Remember that, cuz that is the guns name! Respect the firepower of the Painless! They chopped down 100 yards of forest fith that, muahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

SuperDarryl
Bad ass gun aint it? eek!

Lord Ryugen
I WANT THAT GUN!!!

Lord Shadow Z
Yeah, but I bet you couldn't lift yourself and fire it. cool

moshtitan
thats one big gun.......i think, with no doubt in my mind at all, that if Wolv. went into a berserker rage, he would tourn the Pred. in to vienna sausages, but if he couldnt go absoluteley insane in this here fight id take predator. evil face evil face

who?-kid
If Batman can do it, Wolverine can do it too.

Unstoppable
It has nothing to do with Batman vs. Predator, the fight was totally different. Batman had to use every single trick in his book to defeat the Predator - from tranquilizers and such - eventually, he won with a BASEBALL BAT. He ended up shoving a broken baseball bat through the Predator's torso. The attendant Predators arrived to collect him, but he commited suicide (like sepukku, you know.. ritual suicide) to regain his honor.

HOWEVER - Guy's, there are a few distinct details you are glazing over.
1) Predators are "Yautja". That is the name of their race.

2) Yautja are honorable. Unless fighting overwhelming numbers, they will opt to go hand to hand - only the young, arrogant, and more foolish Yautja tend to use their Plasma-Casters (the real name for their shoulder cannon, which launches superheated bolts of plasma), and such. Older, more honorable predators will use their Wrist-Blades and Combi-Sticks (the spear) in melee. A reasonable Yautja would observe Wolverine hunting in the forest, or whatnot, and finally engage him after having surveyed him.

With this in mind, Wolverine simply wins. This is due to the fact that while the Predator could probably overpower and even out-fight (at times) Wolverine with his blades, Wolverine only needs one or two hits to suceed. Remember, one slice of his claws and he could easily lop off the Yautja's entire arm - rendering him pretty much out of the fight. That is all it would take, due to how sharp his claws are. The Yautja would end up clashing with his Adamantium skeleton in the fight, causing a lot of potentially horrific blows to be less dangerous, which also gives Wolverine's healing-factor a greater degree of success on it's own.

It all depends on the fight. If Wolverine took a shot with a Plasma-Caster, he'd have most of his internal organs in the area melted and cauterized instantly, and I am not sure how quick his healing factor could repair that damage before something bad happened.

All depends on the fight.

Unstoppable
Oh, and what the hell? That is not the Predator's gun - try watching the movie before even discussing the Predator in this debate. That is a mini-gun, a real life weapon which no man (not even those in the movie) could operate feasibly, due to the fact that it fires large caliber rounds at a rate of something like, 8,000 rounds per minute.

The other african-american trooper with them, after Ace's character died due to a plasma-caster shot, picked that gun up and mowed down a good 50 yards of forest - plants, trees, you name it - with it, until he ran out of ammunition. The Predator's Plasma-Caster looks like this:

(Can't post links yet, so bear with me)

http: // thehunterspride . tripod . com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/caster . jpg

This is him firing it: http: // members . iinet . net . au/~jaherne/thehunted/weapons/canon . jpg

VENOMfan
I figured Id post these. I agree if the Pred fights from afar he's got Wolverine's number

VENOMfan

SuperDarryl
I see a Predator hunting Wolverine and studying him before he fights him. Then I see a smart Predator firing his cannon and on impact incinerating Wolverines, skin, rib cage, and enternal organs extra crispy,fusing his insides to his adamntiun skelton. Renedering him helpless for just enough time for The Predator to laser heat his cannon and then jump out of a tree and finish the job on foot. I don't see Predator going into a fight that he doesn't prepare himself for or going into a fightt that he's at a disadvantage at. My opinion is Wolverine would go down in a jugle during the summer in the heat.

Unstoppable
"... time for The Predator to laser heat his cannon ..."

You mean laser-heat his Wrist-Blades, I assume? And like I said, Yautja observing a pure hand-to-hand combatant like Wolverine - which all Yautja greatly respect - would disregard his ranged weapons and fight honorably.

SuperDarryl
Sorry I'am correcting mysef, "Time for the Predator to use his laser cannon to heat his wrist blades." Their we go, yea but I think that Predator may not fight Wolverine hand to hand, just cause of the fact of how awesome he is with his claws and how agile he is. I know if I was a Predator I would look to hunt him instead of fighting him hand-to-hand and getting wasted with a quick slash. Nevertheless, I believe that it would be a great comic book to illustrate and story board. I like them both and would love to see the fight a fiction-reality. yes bunny

Arachnoidfreak
apparently you dont understand the concept of "fighting honorably"

The Predator would not use his cannon, even if he knew he would lose, it is a matter of honor.

Unstoppable
I agree, I think it would make for a good comic in any case. I think that the Yautja in question would have to be an older, well-respected champion in order for it to be a good fight. Someone who has seen it all, and has gained his honor through overcoming most odds with skill and power, rather than his technological advantages - a young, inexperienced Yautja would perhaps resort to cheaper tactics if he felt that Wolverine's weaponry were too unfair of an advantage.

SuperDarryl
No apparently I do comprehend the concept of fighing honorable. Although the in my opinion, I believe that the Predator would not stand a chance fighting against Wolverine in hand to hand combat. Reason number one Wolverine has razer sharp virtually indestructable adamantium claws. Reason number two, wolverine is a specialized in hand to hand combat fighting sense he has no laser cannon or special clocking weapons. So yes I do understand the concept of honorable fighting, but I"am just leaning towards the Predators side becaue of all the Wolverine fan boys that say he is invincible. I see that the Predator has advantages because of cutting edge technology, and I just take that into account when imagining a battle between the two, bub....

VENOMfan
If a Predator has killed an Alien with its bare hands, I belive it can take Wolvie healing factor or not. Those things bleed acid and tear everything in sight apart. and Still some of the older Predators have killed "Hard Meat" as they call them in a "fist" fight.

and sure a machine gun can drop an Alien, but you dont want to count those things out as easy to kill. in almost any other situation Aliens rip Predators apart in melee combat.

I bet between the wrist blades and spear they can pound Wolverine into putty and then pop off that adamantium head for a spifftastic trophy.

Like I said before concerning "Bat's did it, Tarzan did it" obviosuly Dark hourse has a slew of Predators. DC has ones Bat's they are not going to let him die. he won threw circumsatnces. Batman has beat up Carnage, CARNAGE people, threw circumstances. I dont look at dramatic events are reliable refferences when discussing a vs thread.
Punisher has literally kicked Wolverines ass. and Hulk has done it in a page and a half. but these arent very good vs refferences.

Im not saying all fights that occur are bogus far from it. just some circomstances are pretty screwy.

Unstoppable
Didn't the hulk manage to snap Wolverine's neck in one of their 'vs' fights? I was pretty sure that the Hulk, at some point, managed to break "the unbreakable", with his bare hands.

Arachnoidfreak
EVERYone has kicked Wolverine's ass at some point. mostly because he has a healing factor and will bounce back from just about anything. Marvel wouldnt let him die, but he can and does get his ass handed to him every once in a while.

VENOMfan
Well the thing about being "unbreakable" is it's just his skeleton.

if he had adamantium tendons and cartlige he couldnt move. like the great Wolverine8888 once said

"you cant rip Wolverine in Half his slekton si Unbarkable"
Well his body tissue can surely be damaged, torn, cleaved, and seperated

SuperDarryl
Sense when do Predators fight honorably? The first movie he used all types of trickery to defeat us humans. He has a cannon on his shoulder he uses to incenerate internal organs with. A net he used in the second movie to kill of a group of drug dealers. A disc shaped weapon he used to slice Gary Busey in half with. He's got a bad ass spear, he can stab you with, or hurl it at you and puncture your a***. He's got a net gun he can fire at you and pin you to the wall, while cutting your flesh. Not to mention a spear gun with, double tipped sharpened knife like weapons. Wrist guns, shooting mini rockets. He even kills people while he's invisible. How is that honorable, fair fighting? He obviously relies souly on his weapons to take his opponents out, occassionally he takes people hand-to-hand melee style, and murders them, like he tried to do to Arnold but was outsmarted. Thats the type of fight that I think would happen with Wolverine. All I'am sayin is that the Predator is believe is going to use all his assets, no?

Unstoppable
Ah. Also, VenomFan, you are a bit off on the topic here - not by much, but concerning the "Aliens" (Xenomorphs)..

The Xenomorphs are dangerous, but not as dangerous as you are making them out to be. Now, when you have an evolved one, which has the right environment to fight in (corridors, tunnels, lots of dark places, and the like).. he ALONE could wipe out good amounts of soldiers simply through stealth, cunning, and lightning fast attacks.

However, when we look at some of the Aliens vs. Predator books, the Predators harvest Xenomorph queens on planets they've previously seeded/populated with Xenomorphs, in order to get her to lay eggs in order to create even *more* planets for the purposes of ritual combat and war.

The Yautja can shred many hundreds of Xenomorphs approaching them on open ground, with combinations of wristblades (which have grooves in them designed to direct acidic blood away from them, as well as causing it to spray out along the goorve - rather than blast into the Yautja's own face - their blood is highly pressurized), combi-stick or "spear" as everyone calls it, and such. However, this is open fighting with small group tactics (backs to one another, fighting in a circle, aliens plainly visible in their approach).

It'd be a good fight, but in the end, I simply think Wolverine would win due to a solid hit which ends up leaving the Yautja in question crippled. Perhaps losing an arm, or ripping him open so deeply at some point that he simply cannot function. Wovlerine's healing factor is too prominent.

Arachnoidfreak
ok, Wolverine is specialized in hand to hand combat, fine.

Predators are BORN TO FIGHT. all they do is train. they are hand to hand experts, not just some pansy b!tches that have some big blades and an awesome cannon. Regardless of Wolverine's adamantium, the Predator can hold his own hand to hand, and much more, until Wolverine finally does get a shot in. Throw all of their technology out of the window, and they are still great adversaries.

Predators do have a chance hand to hand against Wolverine, just a small one, basically because of the lack of a healing factor.

Unstoppable
SuperDarryl, as I stated more than once (you really need to stop skimming over posts, please), that was a younger, more inexperienced Predator. He was being 'blooded', as in.. FINDING a worthy human target to hunt for his ascension into true, warrior adulthood. He found that opponent in Danny Glover, which he led back to the Ship in order to be viewed and judged.

The others were using firearms, and such - entirely dishonorable. The only time he used his shoulder cannon on Danny Glover was when DG was shooting at him with a pistol - dishonorable in his eyes. Regardless, he WAS a young and less than prime choice of Yautja for comparisson.

Arachnoidfreak
dont go by the f*cking movies. noone ever judges a character by the movies, because the movie is ALWAYS CHANGED from the comic.

VENOMfan
Well I havent read to many Alien vs Predator books. I understand Predators often hunt aliens. but what I was referencing was a unarmed Predator.

I *think* he didnt even have his wrist blades. but he still killed an adult alien or evolved alien.

I agree It probably only takes one shot for Wolvie to kill a predator.
I have considered pitching Aliens vs the Brood or Spider slayers and...somthing to that end from DC in the official vs thread. So thats all I can say about the Aliens before getting too off topic

SuperDarryl
I would love to see a battle between the two, we obvioulsy have mixed emotions, and views on why we like Wolverine or Predator and why we believe one would win over the other. All I'am saying is that it would be a great battle to witness, and I would be satisified if Wolverine won, or I would be satisified if Predator won. I just try to gather what I know about the two characters and formulate an answer to why I believe that whoever would win. It all comes down to whoever storyboards this and writes the story, along with the enviornment. I'am totally taken care of, if I can even see these guys battling it out. smart

Unstoppable
I agree.

SuperDarryl
To me the 2 Predator movies have been up to par and enough for me to formulate a strong opinion on. The movies helped to put on the big screen just how deadly a Predator could be as a complete hunter, and effective killer with all his weaponry. Also the nature of comics are CHANGED, quite drastically all the time. So I make my observation, and decide what I want. I mean who decides if who is right or wrong? Knowone does, thats why it's so fun to debate!

VENOMfan
them Predators are badass thats for sure

http://www.anthonysnyder.com/art/amsmvsp3p25.gif

Unstoppable
That's beautiful, Venom.

Arachnoidfreak
would you judge Batman from the Batman movies?

SuperDarryl
I think Batman was pretty cool souly based on the first Batman movie with Michael Keaton. As a kid I thought he was cooler than Superman. I would take it a step further and say that I even liked the Batman cartoon, he even kicked azz animated. What I'am trying to say is that different people portray, illustrate, story board, comic book characters their own unique way, and I don't have a problem with the way that anyone recreates their heros or villans. I'am totally neutral, I take the best things from all perspectives of the character, then I formulate an opinion. The Darknight is cool in his 1st movie, the cartoon series, and the comic book. bunny

Arachnoidfreak
The point is, the movies arent accurate enough to form arguments based on the actual comic books. doesnt matter if its cooler or not (i agree though, batman is cooler than superman)

who?-kid
This is very true. The ONLY reason Wolverine gets hurt so much, is because he can take it. Not because he's a lousy fighter, he's one of the best.

He's like a human punching ball. No matter what you do to him, he'll be back tomorrow to play some more. So writers can "torture" him, he's the ideal guinea pig : his longs can get punctured, he can get poisoned, he can take lots of bullets, his skeleton can be ripped out, his ear drums can burst and he can be burned alive... you name it, he mostly can take it.

Poor Wolverine... it must be really hard to possess a healing factor smile

SuperDarryl
Yeah Wolverine gets nailed quite often, I love it! The Hulk knocks him out by just breathing on him. Juggernaut knocks him unconcious. Magneto rips his skelton out of his body(correct me if I'am wrong). And hundreds of near fatal wounds thats he has managed to over come with his healing factor. I like Wolverine, but I find it annoying that he survives such brutal attacks, and lashings. I also hate the fact that people put him up on a pedastal and rate him as some one who can take on people like the SilverSurfer, Galactus, or the most insane vs. The Living Tribunal, it's totally loony. But I we've all beat that subject into the ground.

Wolverine is a great hand to hand combat fighter with a huge amount of fighting expierence, and theirs a pretty good chance, in an HONORABLE melee fight with the Predator, he can hold his own. I like Predator and I like Wolverine, and I've said this before, I'd like to see them battle. bunny

Unstoppable
People have stated that he could take Galactus?

Wolverine could barely keep going and avoiding burning to death when fighting amonst these blimp-like airships in the apocalypse-ruled future world. I mean, in the Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe, the theoretical fight ended with Punisher using an incindiary device to incinerate Logan (even though Wolverine had really, really messed the Punisher up). His healing factor just can't keep up with intense things like this.

I know I'm blathering, but I can't imagine even the most absent minded "fanboi" ever claiming something like, him defeating the Silver Surfer.

I won't even mention the Big G.

SuperDarryl
Well Unstoppable, your a new member somewhat, and you wouldn't believe the arguments I got into with some fan boys about Wolverine, and his virtually insane invunerability's. Some idiot posted a Wolverine vs. Superman thread, I beat that thread into the ground, that was quite fun, and entertaining in myopinion. I said, what would happen, if Superman flew out to the moon, then flew light speed back to the earth, and impacted directly into Wolverines chest. I asked the idiot what would happen to Wolverine. And he said, I shit you not! "Wolverine has taken a blast from a nuke, he would just brush the dirt off his shoulders and get right up. Totally utterly retarded. I'am glade the idiot left, because everyone else on this board wanted him to go to. But I've heard some insane stuff about Wolverine on this board. I'am not going to relive the madness. No thank you....Wolverine vs. Galactus vs. The Living Tribunal vs. all Celestial beings...lmfao...lol Total stupidityness, thats roght, stupidityness...

Arachnoidfreak
laughing Wolverine vs Living Tribunal....who the crap came up with that?? and Galactus? ...Silver Surfer...and people have argued that Wolverine has a chance of winning? laughing

I never said he couldnt hold his own. In fact, I said he would eventually win. Predators would last a while, but when Wolverine finally does get a hit in, a Predator cant heal himself like Wolverine can, so they are at least stunned for a moment, and thats really all that Wolverine needs to go ape-shit on the Predator and slice him to bits.

SuperDarryl
Yeah some tard(Wolverine888), was saying that Wolverine got hit with a nuke and brushed the dirt off his shoulders. He says that Wolverine would stand a chance against Wolverine.

The one thing that really ticked me off was the fact that he was saying that Wolverine could hold his own against the Incredible Hulk. We all know that Wolverine would go down immediatly, with no chance in heck! The hulk could obviously mangle him, rip his limbs off, or splatter him without having to rage one bit!

The fact of the matter is Wovlerine is a decent character, he's pretty cool, he has pretty good fighting expierence seeing that he has been around for a while, been a samurai, a mercenary, and even a fighting tough guy out in the wilderness. But the fact still remains, that he is a mutant and has limited atributes.

Juggernaut would crush him to a bloody pulp, and chrow him into a wood chipper. Hulk would smash his head along with his adamantium skelton. Render him totally unhealable, and cripple him into a coma. I would go even as far to say that The Thing could tear him a new a-hole. And I don't even like the Thing.

I pretty sure that a well trained, champion, Predator could take Wolverine out. Becuase you gotta match character on character. Aren't their an entire planet of Predators? I'am sure that their are some Predators that are totally bad azz and have a pretty awesome win record. Their has got to be a bad azz Predator that is like the champ Predator, and can wipe the floor with Wolverine, and take him out in spite of Wolverines great healing factor.

One more thing to say, why is the Predator always so damn weak all the time? Why does the Predator get his ass kicked always? Thats right always! It seems to me that if a Predator is in a movie he gets beat down, in a comic book, he gets killed off. I think it's going to be pretty interesting what happens in the Aliens vs. Predator movie. Who kills who, if the Predator is gonna lose again. Or what.... ya know mad laughing

Arachnoidfreak
True dat. good point.

you sort of answered your own question. There is a whole planet full of them. one dies, and the creator can just pick another one to be in the next comic.

in the movie, its 3 predators going through some sort of initiantion(Unstoppable may have stated the specific name..."He was being 'blooded', as in.. FINDING a worthy human target to hunt for his ascension into true, warrior adulthood."...ok so it wasnt a specific name, but close enough) and the 3 Predators are going against hundreds of Aliens. should be kick ass.

who?-kid
I agree with everything else you said, except your argument above smile.

Wolverine can hold his own against the Hulk. Not only that, but he already has done this several times.

But in the end, he would go down. No way he can survive a long battle with the Hulk. But holding his own (for a while) : yes.

Unstoppable
I don't follow Wolverine terribly often, namely because I burnt myself out on him when I was much younger.

Didn't Wolverine's success usually come from such a constant thrashing of the Hulk's vital areas, that the Hulk couldn't manage to keep his healing up with the damage - thus having him fall unconcious, be incapacitated, etc?

If I recall correctly, didn't Wolverine manage to have the Hulk's guts innards spilling out of his stomach at one point?

MERCILOUS
Gentlemen, let's talk about fighting ability for a moment. Wolverine is at the top of the food chain when it comes to fighting. However, Many predators are as well.
Advantage: Wolverine because of the healing factor, Although you guys should note that a predator wouldn't just let himself be maimed. He'd move gracefully with the blows so as to mimize the damage. And even though the advantage here is granted to wolverine, he has been killed before by Conan with a sword (still at the very top of list when it comes to fighting ability)1

MERCILOUS
Also, let's talk about strength. Yes predators are stronger and faster than humans. However, Wolverine's healing factor grants him a secondary effect. Enhanced strength. Muscles tear when excersiced and extra muscle tissue is placed to repair the damage, making a stronger muscle. Wolverine is about as strong as anyone his size could possibly get.
Advantage: Wolvering, again because of that annoying little healing factor

MERCILOUS
Let's talk blades. Predators carry beuatiful weapons made from super advanced alloys. Wolverine has claws made from the strongest metal known to the universe.
Advantage: because of the materials This is unknown. Again the healing factor tips the scales in wolvies favor

MERCILOUS
As for senses and stalking ability, not only do predators employ there mask which aids them greatly in the location of there prey, but have hightened senses to back this up. Wolvering hiimself is an excellent stalker, however, he has been snuck up on several times. Sometimes by characters that you normally wouldn't have guessed could have done such a thing.
Advantage: this one clearly goes to the predator. And if they get the first blow, may be the only one that matters

Nataku8188
I said it in the other wolvie/pred thread ill say it again;

Predator wins, no problem. If the enemy has ANY type of weapon, they will kill it with extreme prejudice. The pred is definitly stronger then Wolverine, and as far as weapons go, there is no telling whether or not adamantium will cut through it. Either way, the pred is bound to have some sort of item to through off his scent, like a real hunter. Because, you know, these guys do hunt AS THEIR LIFESTYLE. I mean, are you telling me throughout their entire existince, they've never encountered something that has a superior sense of smell? Not only that, but if wolverine DOES manage to get close without getting a facefull of plasma (Which would burn through his flesh, splashing through his eyesockets and melt his brain) or too many limbs removed by the speargun, the Pred will just net him.

"Wolverine will cut through it" I'm sure he will, considering the odds are that his limbs will be twisted at such an angle that even with his claws out, his arms will be locked to his body so he can't twist his hands enough to cut all of the wire. Meanwhile itll be digging through his skin to his bone and the pred gets free time to punch holes in his flesh with the speargun.

Yeah, wolverine would survive a speargun shot to his chest, but it's not like he's gonne regrow it instantly. His healing takes a good amount of time. If he loses a limb, it's gonna regrow (eventually) with bone instead of adamantium, so he's gonna get ass****ed even worse. Not only that, but if he doesn't kill the pred in one go, the pred is gonna take off and heal.

Someone mentioned wolverine winning in the jungle. That's more likely to win for the pred, Because the pred can jump 20 feet to branches wolverine is gonna have to work like a ***** to get up to. Meanwhile Pred will jump tree to tree and blast him to shit with his plasmacaster. Oh yeah, smelling doesn't work if the Predator is upwind or there is no wind at all, especially somewhere like the jungle where the pred's musk will melt into the humidity.

Let's look at the pred's weapons for more confirmation;
Wristblades: Have cut through ten centimeters of solid steel. Have shown to be nearly indestructable and razor sharp. As far as we know they can go toe to toe with adamantium.

Spear: Think of the wristblades on a stick.

Speargun: OWERS! This baby fire's little (and sometimes big) Y shaped spears that move faster then the speed of sound, and carry enough force to tear limbs from your body. Not only that, but they are nearly indestructable and razor tipped as well. The pred could staple Wolvie to a wall and laugh as he tries to pull himself free.

Netgun: Fires an extremely durable net at high speeds. The net has a mechanism that tightens it when it is stuck to a wall, it is strong enough to pierce alien's carapce which can shrug of any lead weapons without problem. It has been shown to even cause Uranium-depleted M41E USCM to ricochet if not hit at a direct angle.

Disc: Nearly indestructable disc that homes in on a targeted enemy, capable of tearing through almost anything. This went through like 4 chunks of frozen cow without losing any mometum (That's enough to stop just about any hand-operated weapon known to man)

Plasma Caster: This baby fires balls of pure plasma, which will burn directly through ANYTHING (I have yet to see something they didn't go through) they hit. You know why? Because it's freaking PLASMA! If this doesn't destroy wolverine's adamantium, it's going to heat it up enough to make Wolverine VERY uncomfortable. Even so, it'll still splash and melt through his organs and put him down long enough for the pred to have his fun with the Canuck.

uQifg2WV
hey man your wasting my flavor... and you added a poll. you evil evil person

Swanky-Tuna
Heh, this thread was started in December of '03

Swanky-Tuna
Oh, it was May, I was looking at sign-up date. What a mook.

Fanboy
Wolverine is not immortal, however. If the injuries are extensive enough, especially if they result in the loss of vital organs, large amounts of blood, and/or loss of physical form (such as having flesh burned away by fire or acid), Logan can die. I got this off a sight with a bunch of Marvel heroes profiles and it seems if predator did something like rip out his heart with the spear he has or cut off WOlverines head with the disk wich he can becauess I heard that Wolverine does not have adamantium in his neck and that is how wolverine can die.

rocstyles
No man actually can use old painless because it is attached to miliatry attack choppers.

wolverex84
Originally posted by Fanboy
Wolverine is not immortal, however. If the injuries are extensive enough, especially if they result in the loss of vital organs, large amounts of blood, and/or loss of physical form (such as having flesh burned away by fire or acid), Logan can die. I got this off a sight with a bunch of Marvel heroes profiles and it seems if predator did something like rip out his heart with the spear he has or cut off WOlverines head with the disk wich he can becauess I heard that Wolverine does not have adamantium in his neck and that is how wolverine can die.
damn, don't you get it, wolverine has adamantium fused to his entire skeleton,,that includes, stenum, ribs, femur, scapula, spinal cord, plevis, shoulderblaed, skull,and his joints, there is no way that predators disc woll slice wolverine's head off, it will stop as soon as it hits an adamantium joint. wolverine still will regardless, his healing factor and fighting experience with the adamantium claws are the wining factor in this match. the only thing that will give wolverine a hard time is if predator self-disrupst himself, then, wolverine's healing would be overloaded, but it can handle almost any wound. so wolverine win, just one stab, pls, just one.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by wolverex84
there is no way that predators disc woll slice wolverine's head off, it will stop as soon as it hits an adamantium jointWhat happens if the disc hits the soft tissue between vertebrae? Or the force of the disc forces the vertebrae apart?

wolverex84
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
What happens if the disc hits the soft tissue between vertebrae? Or the force of the disc forces the vertebrae apart?

it still stays intact, you have to look at the way the vertebral column is constructed, at the ventral side of the vertebral column, the disc is fused at the front, but at the back of those disc, are other attachments of back bones joined/fused with other back bone from each section, thus, which means that adamantium will still be present in wolverine's back bone holding his body together even if it gets to his disc, which i doubt because the adamantium in his joints are closely fused, hardly any space, yet, he his still as flexible as any gymnist, due to high tensile strength in his joint, that is why he has enhanced his strength from peak human to superhuman, that is why his head did not come off when he was smashed by hulk, knocked by a car, sliced by a sword at the back of the head without his head coming off, anyway, wolverine will still wins, he is just way too experienced in fighting people like predator, actually if Danny glover and Arnold Schwarzenegger can kill predator, with just ordinary weapons, expect the worse from a mutant with a temper and razor-sharp claws.

Nataku8188
it still stays intact, you have to look at the way the vertebral column is constructed, at the ventral side of the vertebral column, the disc is fused at the front, but at the back of those disc, are other attachments of back bones joined/fused with other back bone from each section, thus, which means that adamantium will still be present in wolverine's back bone holding his body together even if it gets to his disc, which i doubt because the adamantium in his joints are closely fused, hardly any space, yet, he his still as flexible as any gymnist, due to high tensile strength in his joint, that is why he has enhanced his strength from peak human to superhuman, that is why his head did not come off when he was smashed by hulk, knocked by a car, sliced by a sword at the back of the head without his head coming off, anyway, wolverine will still wins, he is just way too experienced in fighting people like predator, actually if Danny glover and Arnold Schwarzenegger can kill predator, with just ordinary weapons, expect the worse from a mutant with a temper and razor-sharp claws.

You fail to realize that these are weapons that slice through Xenomorph carapace like butter. Xenomorphs shrug off everything short of uranium depleted shells. The blade will cut his skin and flesh like woah, and easily find its way through the join, even if it has to skitter along the bone to do so.

brainchild81
Originally posted by VENOMfan
Have you seen the predator movies? he does that in number two. really the Predators main weakness is arrogance. if he would have just killed Arnie in the swamp instead of beating the Shit out of him he wouldnt have got squished.

the second Predator did the voice trick but he wasnt as good as the first he tried the self destruct thing too early and got a arm cut off for it That's because Danny Glover kicks a$$.

Metalmanx
Hate to burst your bubble, wolverex84, but good ol' Wolverine's joints are NOT adamantium laced. How do you think he lost his hand from his wrist up in AoA?

His bones, yes. His joints, no.

With a well-placed attack, Predator could take his head clean off. Or even cut him in half if the blades happen to land right between vertabre.

Sorry. Predator wins. And it's not just the cutting of limbs thing, the Predator is just better than Wolverine. And I really like Wolverine, I really do. But I know when he's beat. Everything the Predator does it lethal to the Canadian.

wolverex84
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Hate to burst your bubble, wolverex84, but good ol' Wolverine's joints are NOT adamantium laced. How do you think he lost his hand from his wrist up in AoA?

His bones, yes. His joints, no.

With a well-placed attack, Predator could take his head clean off. Or even cut him in half if the blades happen to land right between vertabre.

Sorry. Predator wins. And it's not just the cutting of limbs thing, the Predator is just better than Wolverine. And I really like Wolverine, I really do. But I know when he's beat. Everything the Predator does it lethal to the Canadian.
i did not say that all his joints were all laced with adamntium, that is impossible, what i was talking about was that in certain areas of the body, like the vertebral column, neck, hands that house his claws, the bones are laced with adamantium because the joints are bone to bone, and cartilage to bone, i did not say that his disc/ cartilaginous joints were laced with adamantium, whatever is in wolverine's joint, it is highly tensile, it is strong enough to hold his bones together when struck by hulk, Thor, thing, namor, Juggernaut, cars, guns, explosive, sentinels, swords etc, c,mon, no ordinary human with adamantium skeleton and normal joints will be able to withstand all those pressure. one strike from the hulk, and the person head, weather laced with adamantium or not, will fly off from the joint. it is basically pointless laceing bones with adamantium when the joints are not reinforce. basically not all his joints are laced with adamntium, but some , the ones necessary, bone to bone joints, eg, ribs, vertebrate, femur to leg, hand to arm, back to head radius, sternum, skull, shoulder blade, etc, are all fused with adamntium. anyway, regardless, wolverine still wins.

wolverex84
Originally posted by Nataku8188
You fail to realize that these are weapons that slice through Xenomorph carapace like butter. Xenomorphs shrug off everything short of uranium depleted shells. The blade will cut his skin and flesh like woah, and easily find its way through the join, even if it has to skitter along the bone to do so.
please, that weapon will shatter as soon as it hits adamantium, peharps, wolverine can use his clwas to slice the disc itself. regardless, it will not and cannot penetrate adamantium, wolverine's healing will take care of the rest. i just can't see predator wining, i na fight to death out of 10, predator will be killed 9 out of 10 times by wolverine.

Nataku8188
please, that weapon will shatter as soon as it hits adamantium, peharps, wolverine can use his clwas to slice the disc itself. regardless, it will not and cannot penetrate adamantium, wolverine's healing will take care of the rest. i just can't see predator wining, i na fight to death out of 10, predator will be killed 9 out of 10 times by wolverine.

How can you say that it will shatter as soon as it hits adamantium? I think the adamantium will shatter when the predator weaponry hits it. The stuff slices through reinforced steel like butter.

Metalmanx
You honestly can't truly argue the strength of adamantium to the Predator metal. Adamantium is the strongest metal ON EARTH. Not in the Universe. There are metals as strong as and even much stronger than adamantium.

And I would go so far as to say that the Predatory claws cut the adamantium ones down.

Swanky-Tuna
Oh lovely. How effective can you fight with a shattered disc the size of a Frisbee floating around in your tissues. That's all kinds of pain.

In fact, he might die right there if he's hit in the neck with shards of metal holding his wounds open and blocking arteries.
hardly any space
If there's any space, even hardly any space, it can come apart.

MERCILOUS
Someone needs to bring up the real way Wolvie's hand was severed in AoA. I'm pretty sure it was something pretty spectacular not just a slice to the joints.

It was explained to me that Wolvies joints are infused with Adamantium, and this is the reason he and his skeleton survives such assualts. I'm pretty sure it was a reliable source, not that I agree with it, but it is a comic.

Either way there's actually not many metals stronger than Admantium, the only one I can think of is Adamantine, There might be a few other substances out there harder but none of those to my knowledge are metals. I wouldn't go as far as to compare predator metal to Adamantium but I do think it would hold up just fine in fight. To me Adamantium being the stronger of the two substances is obvious, but there's no way I see Wolvie having the strength to actually destroy predator weaponry, especially not in the hands of predator. Likewise, a pred could chomp at Wolvie all day long and not have to worry about his weapons breaking on Wolvie's bones.

Still, most of this is really irrelevant, A predator doesn't have to cut Wolvie's bones to win this fight, he doesn't even have to kill him. All he has to do is maim him so bad he can put his foot on him and give a victory roar.

long pig
Wolverine has hinges where his joints are, ive seen them when it shows his skeleton hanging by itself. You're not gonna slice limbs off with those hinges there.

Adamantine? isnt that the lesser grade of Adamantium? The kind Hulk smashed?

Cyclops took wolverines hand off in AoA, I don't know how but he blasted it off. Something about breaking it down molecularly was said.

Predetors could use a type of K.O gas and be done.

I really dont know who'd win, I think it'd be an awesome fight.

MERCILOUS
You must be thinking of Carbonadium or something. Adamantine is the mystical metal used by the Olymians to forge there weapons. It is stronger than Adamantium, produces incredible destructive effects and is infact what Adamantium is named after.

wolverex84
Originally posted by Nataku8188
How can you say that it will shatter as soon as it hits adamantium? I think the adamantium will shatter when the predator weaponry hits it. The stuff slices through reinforced steel like butter.
dude, adamantium is not any ordinary reinforced steel, cmon, we are talking about the hardest mental/substance in the universe, in the comic universe, the hardest, nothing, can damage adamantium, thus, true adamntium, not secondary, it is indestructible, impenetrable, very dense, consistent with time and nature, predators weapons, are no match for wolverine's adamantium when it comes to damaging each-other. even Thor with full strength and help of Odin, from thunder strike, with his hammer will slightly dent a thin cylinder of adamantium. that is over 100tons of pressure to hardly dent a cylinder, a thin cylinder, like a coke can. the level of adamantium's impenetrability varies, the more layers, the more durability. of all people, that has a chance in trying to dent adamantium, predators weapon is no were near the force required/ both sharpness and hardness to dent a thin layer of adamantium. NOT EVEN A SCRATCH ON THE SURFACE.

wolverex84
Oh lovely. How effective can you fight with a shattered disc the size of a Frisbee floating around in your tissues. That's all kinds of pain.

In fact, he might die right there if he's hit in the neck with shards of metal holding his wounds open and blocking arteries.

If there's any space, even hardly any space, it can come apart.
hardly anyspace between the bone to bone connection, cartilage with bone is the one with less or no adamntium, for fexibility, regardless, it still retains a very high tensile strength than an ordinary human's bone to cartilage tensile strength.

Nataku8188
dude, adamantium is not any ordinary reinforced steel, cmon, we are talking about the hardest mental/substance in the universe, in the comic universe, the hardest, nothing, can damage adamantium, thus, true adamntium, not secondary, it is indestructible, impenetrable, very dense, consistent with time and nature, predators weapons, are no match for wolverine's adamantium when it comes to damaging each-other. even Thor with full strength and help of Odin, from thunder strike, with his hammer will slightly dent a thin cylinder of adamantium. that is over 100tons of pressure to hardly dent a cylinder, a thin cylinder, like a coke can. the level of adamantium's impenetrability varies, the more layers, the more durability. of all people, that has a chance in trying to dent adamantium, predators weapon is no were near the force required/ both sharpness and hardness to dent a thin layer of adamantium. NOT EVEN A SCRATCH ON THE SURFACE.

First off, Adamantium is the strongest substance on EARTH. Second, Predator metal holds up against their own plasma weapons, and isn't broken when it clashes with itself. You read Wolverine: The End? Obviously something BROKE wolverine's claw there.

You can't compare Adamantium to predator metal simply because we have nearly no information on predator metals, except that it has been said to be unbreakable.

For predator info, here's a decent site with some stuff;
http://www.geocities.com/theyautjahuntinglair/home.html

srankmissingnin
You honestly can't truly argue the strength of adamantium to the Predator metal. Adamantium is the strongest metal ON EARTH. Not in the Universe. There are metals as strong as and even much stronger than adamantium.

And I would go so far as to say that the Predatory claws cut the adamantium ones down.

Oh for gods sake...

You know Marvel Comics right Metalmanx? You know the one that has uber scientist residing on their earth that create pocket dimensions, shirk rays and time machines. Space travel is no big thing, how many alien races in Marvel can do it? Thats right all of them and yet adamantium is still unbreakable (where it counts in real continuity). Most of the Marvel scientist can create things that put the Preds to same in five minutes before they have their coffee in the morning.

Not as good because its and earth metal... seesh.

Kontraz
i say adamantium and pred metal is equal. In darkhorse comics, pred metal is unbreakable and is very similar to adamtium.

srankmissingnin
I sighted an example of the Preds claws shattering in one of the Predator threads. I want to say it was in the Pred vs Alien vs Treminator comic but I don't think thats right

Kontraz
well, thats out of predator "616" (dunno what you would call official when it comes to these) The "real" predator comics come in 2 varieties. 1) pred vs shaeffer and co (dutch's brother and anybody else he meets) or 2) Aliens vs Predator. The ones that take place in the future dealing with colonial marines, xenomorphs, etc (NO characters outside A and P)

MERCILOUS
I've never gone as far to say that the predator metal is as strong as adamantium, but surely those of you who are trying to put the metal down can agree that it will hold in a fight. I mean preds have used it to slice open those huge marine vehicles (what were they called, from the aliens movies, someone know what i'm talking about?)

wolverex84
by the way, didn't someone break predator's claws in the movie and predator used a laser to form the missing parts of the metal that was broken, i remember there was a scene in one of the movies, it could be part 1, 2 or AVP. anyway, regardless, adamantium is still stronger and it will shatter predator's claws if they come in contact with adamntium, any other weapon form predator might survive. as for the fight, wolverine is too experience, fought many guys and know how to tackle aliens like predator.

Swanky-Tuna
Alright enough of this shattering BS. We all know the preds and wolvie aren't soaking their weapons in liquid nitrogen.

wolverex84
Alright enough of this shattering BS. We all know the preds and wolvie aren't soaking their weapons in liquid nitrogen. [/QUOT
hay, don't go all creazy now. just trying to make a point. if they stop with the metal thing, then i will stop.

Swanky-Tuna
hay, don't go all creazy now
Hey, don't go all misinterpreting me now.

MERCILOUS
Agreed then, no metal will be breaking!

long pig
xcvxcv

MERCILOUS
I have no idea what that might mean, unless you mean, yes! Of course, you're right! Pred takes this one!

long pig
Adamantine isnt as strong as Adamantium.
Adamantine is just a form of adamantium that can be melted down.
Adamantium cant be melted down.

Adamantine is been compaired as strong as titanium.

long pig
edit
Adamantium can be melted only ONCE.
after that it cant be again,

Adamantine can be melted as much as possible

MERCILOUS
Have you gone nuts? Adamantine is the mythilogical metal that Hercules' mace is made out of. It is harder than Adamantium.

Swanky-Tuna
I guess it can be melted/re-tempered over and over again if you have the magic-furnace-of-a-million-burning-stars that seem to come with all mythological blacksmiths.

MERCILOUS
Can't argue with that.

wolverex84
Originally posted by MERCILOUS
Have you gone nuts? Adamantine is the mythilogical metal that Hercules' mace is made out of. It is harder than Adamantium.
then how come adamantium is the strongest metal in all the comic universe, both marvel,DC, image, etc?HUH, I still think that adamantium is harder, anyway, it does not really matter who's metal is stronger, cuzz, wolverine and predator are fighting both to win, not to show off their weapons, wolverine once again dominates predator in almost all physical activities. most of all wolverine's durability and accelerated healing factor/fighting experience is were wolverine gets all his hopes/credit in winning this fight.

Metalmanx
How can you honestly sit there and tell everyone that adamantium is known to be the STRONGEST METAL IN ALL THE COMIC UNIVERSE. Please, pleeease give me some evidence here. Screw evidence even, there is no argument here. How can you even say that? The universe (both real and comic-wise) is ginormous. Why the hell would the universe's strongest known metal be found on Earth? It wouldn't. Just because Earth sucks like that in comparison to all the other places in the galaxy. Obviously it can't be all-powerful, since we see Wolvie's left hand missing from the AoA series. Unless of course he decided he just didn't like his left hand anymore and cut it off, it's safe to assume that it was cut off. So obviously it can be cut.

Plus, especially in this argument, Wolvie has never met a Predator. And vice versa. You have no comparison to say who's metal is stronger.

And if one more person says his fighting experience/and every phyiscal aspect is superior to Predator's...I don't know what I'll do. Probably just groan very loudly at the people who don't realize what Predators do for a living.

I feel like I need to repost this exact message from the "Wolverine vs. Predator" thread. There is a difference. Note the period after "vs".

I wish more people would vote for Wolverine who don't have his name in their screen name.

Anyway. I think you all are giving WAY too much credit to Wolverine's healing factor. Yes, I know it is great. I have A VAST NUMBER of X-men comics and a large majority of those involve Wolvie healing himself. Yes, he can do it, I know.

But you seem to increase the speed at which he heals with every single post that you make (I'm directing this towards anyone in general, just people who said this). Hell, I'll even make a movie reference just to help. Wolverine got shot in the head. Did he die? No. Was he knocked out for about five minutes? Yes. And that was just one bullet to the forehead. The Predator can do so much more damage than that bullet ever could.

And burning. Burning seems to take Wolvie the longest to recuperate from. And guess what Super-heated plasma does? It burns. And that, frankly, is an understatement. Plasma disintergrates basically. Wolvie's adamantium skeleton can withstand it all he likes. I'm not arguing that. I am, however, arguing that Wolvie's skeleton can not regenerate Wolverine himself. If Wolvie is burnt to nothing but his skeleton, he loses. And shots to vital organs also take longer for Wolverine to heal, so if Predator decided to aim for certain areas, like the lungs, the intestines, etc., Wolverine would have some mad amount of pain on his hands. Yes, Wolvie does feel pain, which has shown to slow him down and make him much more succeptable to attacks. It has happened.

Predator, in fact, has every advantage in this fight. Wolverine really doesn't stand a chance. And this is coming from a die-hard X-men fan. Facts are facts.

The only way that Wolverine could win, is if Predator decided to take a break to let Wolverine heal. Pred would pick up the morning paper and his coffee and just relax for awhile, catching up on the latest stock recaps. It is in this time that Wolvie could possibly stab him through the head, but that is ONLY if Pred is preoccupied with the comics.

Swanky-Tuna
then how come adamantium is the strongest metal in all the comic universe, both marvel,DC, image, etc?HUH, I still think that adamantium is harderHulk has cracked it and Thor has dented it I believe. So obviously uru is better than adamantium.

wolverex84
Hulk has cracked it and Thor has dented it I believe. So obviously uru is better than adamantium.
no way, the only alloy/material that is more durable than adamantium is captain America's sheild, a combination of varabium and adamantium, ture adamantium and captain America's sheild only differ because of varabium, they have almost the same durability.varabium helps only to absorb the force, so that he will not fly when sashed form hulk or thor etc, and adamantium is just the real deal in the sheild. so with those two combination, nothing can damage cap's sheild, even with out varabium. And someone also damaged uru, adamanitum is just the hardest and strongest metal. and by the way, the ones that hulk, thor etc manged to smash was secondary adamantium, not TRUE adamantium like the ones found in wolverine and captain America's shield.

Swanky-Tuna
I think Thor dented Cap's shield too. And Thanos destroyed Cap's shield. Magneto destablized adamantium.

Also, I drew a comic for one venue of attack for a predator

MERCILOUS
Damn fine comic swanky, damn fine!

Nataku8188
Isn't it? Swanky is truly a hero!

MERCILOUS
Yes! A Hero! Three cheers for Swanky!

HIP HIP, HORAH! HIP HIP, HORAH! HIP HIP, HORAH!!!!!!!

ChaoticReign
I hate the arguements about preds losing to the main characters. Though I guess I could use the arguement that the first predator was obviously very arrogant. It hunted alone and when surprised it just shot the hell out of everything. I can also say that the predator in the second movie was clearly much younger and inexperienced. Also danny got lucky that he managed to hit the low end plasma castor it was carrying or else he would have been toast.

Keep in mind even an inexperienced Pred is very tough. It managed to wipe the floor with Keyes entire team and several groups of well armed gang members up close and personal with many of the killings done with stabbing weapons.

If we want to talk uber-tough though I don't know if Dachande has been brought up yet. A clan leader and one of the best Predators that ever lived. This guy was known as Broken Tusk. The only predator to ever take an alien with his bare hands. This guy routinely tooled several aliens at a time with just a spear and his wristblades. He killed a second alien with his barehands in the story by shoving his hand in its mouth and ripping its throat out.

These things live for centuries maybe more. The older the tougher to have survived such a rough society. All they do is fight it out with eachother, train, and hunt. Their entire lifestyle is based on an honor system that is based around the hunt.

I love wolvie but he's just not coming out of this one. If the pred in question is well trained its just too damn tough for wolvie. Back when I used to play Avp2 online I routinely challenged anyone playing as a queen with a spear and won most of the time too. Sure its a game but the point is the predator's abilities aren't anything to put down. It has a 20-30 foot vertical jump and very resistant to injury.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by ChaoticReign
I hate the arguements about preds losing to the main characters. Though I guess I could use the arguement that the first predator was obviously very arrogant. It hunted alone and when surprised it just shot the hell out of everything. I can also say that the predator in the second movie was clearly much younger and inexperienced. Also danny got lucky that he managed to hit the low end plasma castor it was carrying or else he would have been toast.

Keep in mind even an inexperienced Pred is very tough. It managed to wipe the floor with Keyes entire team and several groups of well armed gang members up close and personal with many of the killings done with stabbing weapons.

If we want to talk uber-tough though I don't know if Dachande has been brought up yet. A clan leader and one of the best Predators that ever lived. This guy was known as Broken Tusk. The only predator to ever take an alien with his bare hands. This guy routinely tooled several aliens at a time with just a spear and his wristblades. He killed a second alien with his barehands in the story by shoving his hand in its mouth and ripping its throat out.

These things live for centuries maybe more. The older the tougher to have survived such a rough society. All they do is fight it out with eachother, train, and hunt. Their entire lifestyle is based on an honor system that is based around the hunt.

I love wolvie but he's just not coming out of this one. If the pred in question is well trained its just too damn tough for wolvie. Back when I used to play Avp2 online I routinely challenged anyone playing as a queen with a spear and won most of the time too. Sure its a game but the point is the predator's abilities aren't anything to put down. It has a 20-30 foot vertical jump and very resistant to injury.

Thanks for repeating everything we've already said.

ChaoticReign
Thanks for being a dick. The entire point of this forum is to share opinions. I shared mine. It doesn't matter if other people have the same points or not.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by ChaoticReign
Thanks for being a dick.

You're welcome.

wolverex84
wolverine still wins, plasma, infra red, spare, nets etc, are nothing compared to what wolverine is gonna do, i think the only way you guys would be convinced is when you see the wolverine movie.

Metalmanx
God, are you just trying to upset people? I'm honestly starting to believe that you just say things just to get us rialed up, not to support your claim.

How can you sit there and honestly say that PLASMA will do nothing to Wolverine? How? Do you know what plasma is?

A plasma is a partially or fully ionized gas which can assume many forms. For instance lightning and the aurora borealis are natural forms of plasma. Plasmas are useful in many applications such as welding, plasma spraying, hazardous waste destruction, semiconductor processing, and nanotechnology, among others.

Thermal plasmas are a kind of plasma characterized by partial thermal equilibrium (i.e. the electron temperature is equal to the heavy particle temperature), high energy content, high temperatures and high luminosity. Nonthermal plasmas are usually characterized by a pronounced nonequilibrium between very hot electrons and cold gas atoms and ions. The focus of research in the High Temperature and Plasma Laboratory (HTPL) is on materials processing, nanoparticle and nanostructured materials synthesis, chemical vapor deposition, and fundamental studies of thermal plasma arcs and low-pressure nonequilibrium plasmas.

Most stars are made up of plasma.

And that is just one definition. Most STARS are made up of plasma.

Any idea hot hot a star is?

The hottest stars are approximately 250,000 degrees Kelvin. Hell, not even the hottest stars are still approximately 100,000 degrees Kelvin. In case you don't know how much that is in Kelvin, its 449,540.3 degrees Fahrenheit (for the 250,000 degrees K) or 179,540.3 degrees Fahrenheit (for the 100,000 degrees K).

Lord help me, if you sit there and tell me that Wolverine can withstand those temperatures...

Swanky-Tuna
He can't survive them. Did you see my comic? There's your proof.

Metalmanx
Yes, Swanky's comic was very true to the characters indeed.

MERCILOUS
Three more cheers for Swanky!

wolverex84
God, are you just trying to upset people? I'm honestly starting to believe that you just say things just to get us rialed up, not to support your claim.

How can you sit there and honestly say that PLASMA will do nothing to Wolverine? How? Do you know what plasma is?

dude/metalmanx, don't say anything you do not understand, i said it is nothing compared to want wolverine is going to do to predator, that is different from saying plasma will do nothing to wolverine. you need to read before you start with that bullshit saying of " how can you sit there and ***", of course, it is clear that plasma will hurt wolverine, but is predator prepared for what wolverine will do to him, that is what i meant when i said plasma is nothing compared to what wolverine will do. you MISUNDERSTOOD what i said.

Nataku8188

dude/metalmanx, don't say anything you do not understand, i said it is nothing compared to want wolverine is going to do to predator, that is different from saying plasma will do nothing to wolverine. you need to read before you start with that bullshit saying of " how can you sit there and ***", of course, it is clear that plasma will hurt wolverine, but is predator prepared for what wolverine will do to him, that is what i meant when i said plasma is nothing compared to what wolverine will do. you MISUNDERSTOOD what i said.

And what is wolvie going to do to an enemy that can outrun, out jump and out climb him? He's gotta get close to hurt a pred, the pred can blast his ass from hundreds of feet away.

Metalmanx

Okay. I know when I made a mistake. I apologize. I re-read what you said, and you're right. My bad. We cool?

It still doesn't change the fact that Wolverine would get nowhere near close enough to Predator to actually use his claws. That was mostly the argument I was making.

OmegaTed
gotta love them wolvie fanboy responses ehh? "oh well all the solid facts proving that wolvies slaughter is almost inevitable put aside....i still think wolvie will win anyway just because thats why" *cough cough* im pretty sure you lose.... just let the thread die please =)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.