nominations for next weeks poll for June's book of the month

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

badkittykitty
if any one has a book they would like me to include in next weeks poll I post for June's book of the month please post them here.(if your shy you can pm me)

please keep in mind that I can only make the poll with a couple handfuls of nominations,so if there are to many nominations some will have to excluded perhaps if you see one nominated you agree with say you'd like that one as well, the more a book is wanted it will be surely placed in the poll

one nomination per person please to try to keep the poll at ten if one person nominates more than one book the first will be included in the poll or if another person also agrees with another book that should be included.

also if there is to few nominations I am going to use the most popular votes from May's poll as the fillers.

I want our book club to be enjoyed by everyone who wishes to participate all your suggestions and ideas are very much appreciated!

~bkk

p.s.~ Keep book in the confines of the forums pg-13 rating.
Book should be in print and available in paperback edition.

p.s.s.~sorry for being a day late getting this up,I worked 12 hours yesterday and fell right to sleep sad

kimahri03
MEEEEEE j/k

big gay kirk
Poor sweetie.... I forgive you... big grin

big gay kirk
I know I'm a bit boring, but I'm determined....

The Last Unicorn, by Peter Beagle.... please!!!!!!!!

MasterWizard
The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger, by Stephen King.

badkittykitty
hugthanks big grin

Z4¢|<
2001: A space oddesy by Arthur C. Clarke.

Corlindel
Moby Dick - H.Melville

badkittykitty
I my nominate a book this month..hmm...I'll be thinking it over smile

Gregory
The Confidence Man (by Melville), if you haven't already done it.

Walie
Y is their 2 blank boxs?
U ar nice!
keep in touch!
(This is a faster way of spelin!)

Tptmanno1
The Ultamate Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.
This first one of a series

badkittykitty
huh?

any way I'm going to nominate The Silmarilion by JRR Tolkien

Agent Elrond
^That's good. I second it

big gay kirk
AAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgghhhh! Now I don't know whether to vote for my choice or BKK's......

Mr.French
The Hobbit----&gt; J.R.R. Tolkien

Reborn Again
Hi, I'm new to this particular forum. I suggest we choose a novel that is not too long that it will take us a month to read it. It should be suitable that we can take about a two week period, absorb its words, and then relay our thoughts on the author's ideas. Thus we can spin our own take and create a thought provoking discussion.

My suggest is: Star Wars.

Yes, it's an odd choice. But Star Wars written by George Lucas isn't just a sci-fi adventure... it's about endurance and survival over overwhelming odds. One boy's quest to help a band of rebels defeat a force of galaxtic proportions while he deals with the lost of an old friend.

Phoenix
Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger

badkittykitty
I am going to put the poll tomorrow..isn't star wars a couple of different books or are the different movies it based on chapters?

if they are different books what do we start with?

chrisafi
Utopia by Lincoln Child

It's this dudes first book but damn does it kick ass

It's like die hard in a theme park - Explosive and Gripping

And since you are unlikely to choose that I back Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy - great book

big gay kirk
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I really don't know who to vote for!!!! confused mind, if anyone out there's been brainwashed by the CIA, Catcher in the Rye may turn out to be a bad choice....

Reborn Again
No, Star Wars is one book, The Empire Strikes Back is another...etc. They come in a collection though. I suggest just Star Wars.

Darth Revan
Night by Elie Wiesel... if we can still nominate things

badkittykitty
yep,got it.

closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.