USH'S STAR WARS GAME- CAMPAIGN II, EPISODE I (DARK SIDE)- New Order

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak

Trickster
Hey guys. I was thinking, before we all get our premontion powers into effect, maybe we should get a spread of the powers we're gunna use. So we don't all use the same thing, and learn the same...

Dexx
irrelevant. different skills, different rolls...one might do beter than the other.
i'm taking manifest destiny anyway...which i'd like to recieve in a PM, plz smile

Trickster
Hmph, fair enough. I'll wait until quite a few people are done. Then I might use Foresight or Manifest Destiny, depending on what's happened.

I suppose it might be irrelevent, but if we all get the same information, it doesn't help us.

Dexx
no, but as i say..one might get a better roll tahn the other...OR...simply get insight on different things...you can't cover them all...you just get small visions, clues..

anyway..take your time...but don't wait for thigns to start...or you might not be allowed to take it

Trickster
Hmm. I suppose. Ah well. I might do Manifest Destiny.

In fact, I will use Manifest Destiny.

Ushgarak
Results will follow once everyone decides. Remember to tell me if you want to burn a force point into it, for the story.

Ushgarak
Part one- End of the Road

Outlying space, Demarus system

Your ships hover in the void of space.

Ahead of you lies the Demarus system, with only the one habitable planet, as tends to be the case in Star Wars.

Well, you have some info. It's a solid Republican world, a proper representative democracy. It is rather out of the way from anywhere exciting- it is over on the other side of the Galaxy to Hutt Space, the other side to where you guys normally work.

It has little to interest you. Not a very significant place at all, really. It is a farming world, a place of mass agriculture. To be fair, it is rather good at this, supplying enough basic food for export to feed about a dozen other rather more barren planets, but none of you are farmers and on the whole, none of you would be seen dead here.

But it does make a handy, out of the way place for a rendezvous. Not much going on around here- just food haulage. Big freighters full of wheat. Not even worth the bother for pirates.

Kuylen's signal is strong. This is definitely the place.

So, how to approach things from here, guys?

Trickster
Oh yeah, I'd like a PM too.

And I don't mind, since I think maybe the veteran players will know how Kuylen thinks a little bit better. Maybe one ship goes down in an attempt to establish contact or something?

Captain REX
Galder looks out at the agricultural world of Demarus with slight interest, mainly because Kuylen was there. The agricultural part meant nothing to him.

The Conquering Paladin of Hoth, his starship, hummed quietly through space towards the greenish-brown farmworld. He had replaced the Raging Reek with the Paladin, and was partially glad that the Jedi had confiscated his aging ship.

"I say we land in an area with as few settlements as possible and follow the tracking device to Kuylen..." Galder suggests via comlink. He looks over at his copilot, Rura Ta, and then turns back to the comlink. "Any other suggestions?"

Ushgarak
"That's not a bad idea," says Rura. "I am picking up a lot of comm traffic near the main ports. More than I would expect in a system like this."

Captain REX
"Comm traffic does not worry me, it's people spotting us and recognizing us that does," Galder replies, not looking up from the controls. He was still getting used to flying the custom-made starship that he had stolen, repainted, renamed, and modified.

Captain REX
(Rah and Takuan can be riding on the Paladin, and Nume's crew can be on Tarnic's ship...)

Ushgarak
"More comm traffic means more attention being paid to people in orbit," says Rura. "A quiet landing at a port will be awkward. I'm trying to listen in to get an idea why this is so."

General Zink
Nume sat in thought aboard Tarnic's ship, listening to the eagerness of Kuylen's old companions. Through them he would now be meeting a man who had made a great bid for power.

"Rura is right, Galder," Nume told him through the comlink. "We should head for a lesser populated area, as you suggested."

General Zink
(Ush, I would like Nume to use Foresight, no Force pool spent)

General Zink
(Scratch that, Manifest Destiny instead)

Darth Revan
Vash said nothing, sitting quietly aboard Nume's ship and looking down at the planet surface.

General Zink
Nume turned to Vash.

"Eager to meet Kuylen, my friend?" Nume asked. "He is greater than I, even if he was never a Master like myself..."

Ushgarak
"From what I can tell," says Rura, "the signal is coming from a small town in the northern hemisphere. It's a market town. The name appears to be 'Prosperity'. However, its port appears to be the source of the increased comms traffic."

Captain REX
"Dammit," Galder curses. "Of course, Kuylen chooses some place where it's difficult to get without us getting shot at. Ingenious..."

General Zink
"I see no problem with it. It is not as if an agricultural world has an army waiting for us."

"Just set down outside the city a ways so that we aren't seen."

Ushgarak
"I'll try and find a suitable landing place," says Rura.

"Wait... I'm getting the strongest signal from Prosperity. It's on loop."

"...is apprehended. Please comply with our recommendations for your own safety and security.

This is a public information warning. This town is a secure zone. A dangerous criminal named Zatev is thought to be hiding in the area. Zatev is armed and extremely dangerous, and is believed to be a threat. He should not be approached under any circumstances. Republican security forces are dealing with the situation. All traffic entering and leaving Prosperity is subject to a security review. It is highly recommended that all private travel to Prosperity is avoided, and all commercial traffic re-route to other ports. Should your journey be essential, it is recommended you stay inside at all times until Zatev is apprehended. Please comply with our recommendations for your own safety and security.

This is a public information warning. This town is a secure zone. A dangerous criminal..."

General Zink
Nume listened as the transmission reached Tarnic's ship.

"Zatev, eh? I somehow doubt that that is his real name..." Nume said to the others. "I suggest we be ready for combat, just in case. Look inconspicuous upon entering the town. If we enter the firefight that is probably occuring, we take them by surprise."

Ushgarak
"Why do you think that is not his real name?" asks Rura.

General Zink
"That is where Kuylen wants us to meet him, is it not?"

Ushgarak
"It is," says Rura, "assuming my signal trace is correct. But if you think Kuylen is the murderer... well aside from that, from my time with him, Kuylen never wasted time killing without purpose... well, furthermore, if he killed, he used his lightsabre. If they were tracing a killer using a lightsabre, this place would be crawling with Jedi, not security men.

In my opinion."

General Zink
"Hmm..." Nume said. "Good point. Galder, your opinion on this?"

Captain REX
"Rura is right, Nume. Kuylen doesn't make petty murders."

Ushgarak
Tanic's Bounty Hunter ally, who I would like to have a name for but do not, comes over the comm.

"Sabre or no sabre," he says, "if this murderer is dangerous enough to warrant a lockdown and help from the Republic, it's not impossible a Jedi is heading the security team. Catching interplanetary murderers is one of their jobs. That could be awkward."

General Zink
"Then it is an unlucky coincidence," Nume replies. "that a petty murder is in the area."

"There are bound to be lots of officers running around looking for criminals. I do not want to wait until the crisis is over, so we shall go in as stealthily as possible and find Kuylen. Be ready for combat, all the same."

Ushgarak
"Hey, you guys who worked with this Kuylen guy before," asks the bounty hunter. "Maybe this is no coincidence. Is this Zatev guy the kind of person he might work with? Didn't you say he had some pretty violent associates before?"

General Zink
"If you take a look at Galder, then you have a good idea of how violent his associates were..." Nume answered. "You could be right, bounty hunter."

Ushgarak
"Well, whoever he is, he cannot have killed anyone that important. Else he would be on my hitlist."

Captain REX
"Thank you, Nume..." Galder replied sarcastically. "You ain't so innocent yourself..."

"Maybe he's new to the business. Hell, if he's with Kuylen, it's possible he's a replacement for the lackies that Kuylen lost. Wraith got angry, Chion went crazy, Saar turned himself in (that stupid coward), and Jolanta disappeared."

Ushgarak
"Regardless, doesn't make our life any easier. So much for a quiet place to meet..."

Captain REX
"Agreed. That Zatev bastard's gonna learn a thing or two about killing people if we meet him too..."

General Zink
"Yes, it's a shame, really..."

"Rura, have you found an ideal place to land yet?"

Ushgarak
"There are numerous good landing sites near this town. This planet's sensor coverage is relatively slight and the growing land is flat."

General Zink
"Good. Shall we land then, or is there anything else I need to know?"

Ushgarak
Well, unless any of the players have anything to add?

Captain REX
"I'm ready to land. I want to meet Kuylen as soon as possible..."

Captain REX
(btw, is Zatev Russian? Sounds Russian to me...)

Dexx
yup..from the soviet confederation of star wars stick out tongue

"we shouldn't have much troubles with the security officers" says Takuan scratching the inside of his palm.

Captain REX
"Of course not, they are simple minded. Hell, Takuan could just stand around persuading them to walk into an open field and dance rather than shoot at us..."

Ushgarak
Your ships glide into the atmosphere, heading a way out to the east of Prosperity.

"Gee," says the bounty hunter. "No wonder they make so much food."

Beneath you are fields of Demaran wheat. This wheat is rather serious business- each strand is over seven feet tall, and quite a bit of it is taller still. It is more like a forest of endless wheat.

Serious wheat requires serious methods in its hervesting, and down beneath you you spot the mother of all combine harvesters- it is about the size of a Jawa sandcrawler, with gigantic frontal blades hacking up vast quantities of the wheat, sucking the rest in for processing and storage.

This stuff will make good ground to hide your ships in- though you had best bring locators with you, else you might lose them again! Your instincts would probably guide you, but best to be sure...

A few minutes later, you have put down in one of these super-wheat fields.

Baylin
(I'll spend a force point and take Foresight via PM if thats ok.)

"Nice smooth landing Galder" Rah says as he meets Galder and Rura at the main hatch.
As he checks his sabre belt he says "Well what do you think?"
He doesnt wait for an answer "I dont really believe in coincidences where Kuylens concerned and this Zatev attracting a lot of attention in the same place as Kuylens transponder?"
"Nah! I think there's a lot more going on here than is immeadiately obvious and I feel that we're heading for some fun and games!" He smiles wryly "Anyway where's Takuan, what's he have to say on the matter?"

Dexx
"we will probably hear more about this zatev. but..best not hurry things. the transciever guides us to the city...we should make our way ove there and act as normal as possible. we don't want unnecessary troubles..
We're gonna have a lot to deal with anyway.."

Takuan tightens his saber at his belt and steps outside of the ship.

Ushgarak
Well, one thing to worry about right away is navigation, because when you get out of the ships, you cannot see a damn thing other than huge wheat stalks in all directions!

Baylin
Can we not follow Kuylens transponder signal to the city?

Ushgarak
Well now, you'll need to mess around with a portable unit to trace that, so someone with fix-it would be a good idea to guide you. But it is always a pain to have restricted visiblity. You might stumble into something unpleasant!

Dexx
don't we have thermal vision goggles?

Ushgarak
a. no and b. it's not darkness you are worried about!

Dexx
can we use sense to feel our way out?

Baylin
Well we have ears so there cant be many things that move around silently in crops of this magnitude without us hearing it so it must be things like holes or what have you. Also if anything was laying in wait surely we would sense the danger when we get close.

Ushgarak
Dexx, yes, Sense works fine.

I am just making the point that you aren't really sure where you are going. If you are trying a stealthy approach, you might be annoyed if you walk into a farmhouse.

Captain REX
That would be a problem...

"That's right, Rah, fun and games," Galder replies as he clambers out of the ship, cracking his neck and the fingers on his right hand.

Ushgarak
Any suggested plan from you, Galder?

Captain REX
(Well, I'm for Takuan's plan of using Sense to find our way...)

(As for not running into farmhouses or something, could we keep out of clearings? Use Sense to make sure we aren't running into farmhouses by nitpicking life signs...)

Baylin
If we dont just barge about we ought to see the crops thining out as we approach the fringes so that shouldn't be a problem. Besides which finding a farm might even prove useful as there will probably be some sort of route/road/track we can follow and so long as we go stealthily by staying just hidden by the crops we may make the city in good time.

We are darksiders so as long as we dont draw too much unwanted attention it might even be handy to kill the farmers and take anything useful we find i.e. a transport, supplies ect...

Ushgarak
Okidokey- any other ideas? And who will be responsible for following the signall?

Trinity_Matrix
Sounds good to me...

Rianna looks around the field of wheat, the stalks towering about a foot and a half over her. "Let's try to not cause too much chaos yet..." she says.

(okay, I'd like to use Dreams, in a PM, I guess...and being as I'm still incredibly busy, don't expect me around too terribly much until about two weeks from tomorrow -- that's when I'll be graduating high school and after that I should be able to get on much more often. But right now I'm swamped.)

Captain REX
"Oh, but chaos is so much fun, Rianna," Galder replies, winking. For an ex-Jedi, she was still a great swordsman. Not as great as he, though.

"Rura, follow the signal. Tell us if we go astray." Galder stepped out the Paladin and marched into the wheat.

Darth Revan
Vash stepped out of the ship and looked around, trying to get his bearings. Problem was, all he could see in any direction was this damn grass.

Dexx
now you do like to brag, rex..no argument there stick out tongue
Well...sense seems to be the option.
however..isn't rura, as a kaminoan taller than 7 ft? He could technically see the way.

byw..rex is helping me with my ally, so....expect another rura-like character smile..

Ushgarak
Very well, if you want Rura to do the work...

Rura rolls -2 for a 7. Well, he has a rough bearing.

"It is very difficult to get a firm lock on the signal," he reports.

Baylin
"Well lets head in the general direction, we can fine tune later when we have a better fix on our bearings" Rah says as he enthusiastically starts marching through the crops.
"Um... Just a thought..." he says to everyone suddenly "...perhaps it would be better walk carefully trying not to flatten too much of the crop, otherwise anyone flying overhead will have a direct line on our chosen path!"
He starts walking a little more carefully.

Dexx
right..well..i said rura could SEE the way, him being 7 ft tall smile...
TAkuan follows rah

Ushgarak
No, Galder told him to trace the signal. Even if he could see- and I rule otherwise- he stil would not know where to go.

It's actually bloody awkward to move without blatant crop flattening! Luckily, there is not much flying going on.

Some 30 minutes later you do indeed come across a small farmhouse. It appears to have been abandoned. There is a notice on the door.

"This property evacuated until end of current crisis. Please seek information at the nearest Starport.

BIU"

Dexx
"BIU?.." asks Takuan rading the sign.
"however..i'd say we as for information at the nearest startport."
he looks at the others and their clothes with a grin..
"what...we could pass as farmers"

Ushgarak
Let's have a savoir-faire roll from Takuan...

You roll -1 for a 7. Well... you are pretty sure you could pass as a farmer.

Trickster
Tanic reads the sign, "And what does BIU mean?" he asks, before pulling his jacket a little closer around him.

My bounty hunter ally is a human woman alled Rien Orsyn. My ship's called the Shadow Blade.

Ushgarak
"This isn't a local notice," says the bounty hunter, whose name is Rien. "That's Republican law. They must be worried that Zatev is going to kill EVERYONE if they are evacuating the area. They aren't normally bothered to enforce this kind of thing. In fact, I've never seen them enforce this kind of thing; it needs all sorts of approval from Senatorial committees and all that crap."

Trickster
"I'm beginning to agree with Rah. I think this is too much to be just 'coincidence'." says Tanic.

Ushgarak
"If there is informaton at the starport, it means people are being evacuated to the town where they can be kept safe. Which presumably means- lots of security in town."

Dexx
"we probably won't encounter any troubles if we just walk casually and act normally. And if we do...we can deal with it.." says Takuan

"maybe we can find some clothes inside, to help the more suspicious looking of us blend in...

Trickster
"And maybe we should hide our lightsabers. Just a thought, unless it's worth pretending to be Jedi Knights." mused Tanic

Dexx
"it's not. Jeid knights would be odd to dispatch, even in a crisis like this one, especially so many of them. But our sabers are well hidden..Just don't draw them unless we absolutely have to"

Baylin
"Um just a thought..." Rah muses "What sort of id's do the locals carry, if we're gonna act like locals to fool the security services we're gonna have to be convincing!
"Large scale evacuations and the like usually means security will be tight and properly enforced."
He looks around "Lets see if anything useful has been abandoned"
He walks to the nearest out building and starts looking around whilst humming quietly and keeping his senses keen.

Ushgarak
Hmm.

There is surprisingly little here.

In fact, there is NOTHING of value here. It's not even woth an observation roll, but it IS worth another savoir-faire from Rah and Tanic.

-2 for Rah, not much there, +3 for Tanic gives him a 13, good result!

Tanic, this place is at variance with the technology of that vast combine harvester you saw- though it is entirely in keeping with the lack of sensors, small size of settlements and need for Republican help. This world is primitive- the technology is most likely imported.

These people are hicks. It will not be at all easy to fit in- you are just too sophisticated. Those with high Savoir-faire scores are more used to blending in, but for most of you, your look is all wrong, and so will be your mannerisms. Even worse, you aren't all human.

Tanic, you reckon if you are going to pretend to be anything, you would try a merchant, not a local. They'll be used to Republican dealers.

Rah, you have found a pitchfork of some description...

Trickster
"Um, as far as I can tell, the people on his little backwater planet lack any kind of advancement. I think that probably me and Rah could fake being this simple and backward, but the rest of you won't be able to reach this low," says Tanic. as he looks around.

General Zink
"Rura, Rah, and I would be sore thumbs on this world, even if in the right garb. We aren't human in any way. On top of that, none of us could stoop to simpleton level, except maybe Galder..." Nume said with a slight grin.

"Mind tricks might work, if we talk to the right people."

Dexx
(i passed the savoir fair too..so i can pass as a local.)

"well..let's make our way to teh city"

Ushgarak
(Tanic, you think Takuan will be in for a shock...)

Now pas the farmhouse, you can naviagte down tracks between fields, and soon the twon is in the distance. However, before long, you run into a local- there is a farmhand at the side of the road, programming some electrical equipment built into the ground. He turns round lazily to look at you guys as you approach.

Dexx
Takuan doesn't seem to mind him..

Ushgarak
Well, he looks strangely at you, not entirely sure what you are doing here.

Baylin
Rah makes an attempt at projecting a friendly image "Hello" he says mustering the best friendly smile he can manage.
"Seems strange you being out here all alone when everyone else has fled to the towns and cities but maybe you would help us by telling us whats going on"
He smiles again.

Ushgarak
"Work still needs doin'," he says. "'arvest comes in, same as always. I reckon you folks ain't got much business out here though."

General Zink
Nume follows Rah's idea, though is more disturbing when he smiles.

"Not much business, just wondering about the local...warning..." Nume says. "Do you know anything about that Zatev character, and why they've evactuated Prosperity?"

Captain REX
Galder throws a nasty look at Nume, but then looks to the local, saying nothing.

Darth Revan
Vash tries hard to avoid giving the local the nasty look that he feels coming on.

Ushgarak
"They ain't be evacuating Prosperity itself; that would ruin the 'arvest. They've just been telling folk to move into the town 'till that man from Coruscant finds his guy.

But folk like you shouldn't be out 'ere. You should have stayed at Prosperity and the starport. There's nothin' for you out here. Not worth gettin' killed over."

General Zink
"On the contrary, we are here to find 'this guy' as well," Nume tells him. "Do you know where the man from Coruscant might be?"

Baylin
Rah starts smiling manicly 'A jedi! Oh I hope its a jedi those stupid Coruscant bureaucrats have sent!' he thinks to himself...
"What is that your fixing anyway?" Rah asks suddenly suspicious.

Captain REX
Galder smiles as well, and leans closer to Rah. "Back off, the Jedi will be mine," he whispered, inaudible so that the hick could not hear. Galder shared a glance with Rah then both of them looked to the hick and his machine. "Yeah, what's that?"

Ushgarak
"He just wanders around town interviewing people," says the guy. "and I ain't fixing anything; this is a soil moisture analyzer. I'm taking readings."

General Zink
"Sounds exciting," Nume said.

"I guess we'd better get going...?" Nume looks to everyone else.

(I want to Persuade him that he hasn't seen anyone including us for the past thirty minutes and that he's just been taking readings, if we are ready to go of course.)

Ushgarak
Persuade isn't hypnosis; that wouldn't work.

A better idea would be to give him a convincing reason not to bother telling anyone he saw you. Persuade will make it stick.

(in case you hadn't guessed, these guys aren't exactly brimming over with willpower)

Captain REX
(No kidding...)

General Zink
(Then you need to make hypnosis a Force power... stick out tongue )

"Listen, my friend, we are searching for Zatev like the man from Coruscant, but in a different manner. We know the man from Coruscant. We are his allies. But, in order for our mission to succeed, Zatev must not know there are more than one. No one, not even the man from Coruscant, must know that we are here."

"You will not tell anyone that you have seen us," Nume said, waving his hand in front of the simpleton's face.

Ushgarak
"Well, I ain't got any reason to tell anyone I saw you..." he says, rather blankly.

Sorted.

Trickster
(Why do I think he'll be in for a shock?)

Tanic waits patiently, a small smile playing across his face at Nume's control over the man as he thinks of Takuan's certainty of being able to have the same effect.

Ushgarak
Because you don't think he will be as convincing as he thinks he will be.

Trickster
(Hm fair enough. I'll change that post then.)

General Zink
Nume moves on, smiling at his power over the weak-minded farmer. He motions for the rest to follow. "It seems that there is only 'one man from Coruscant' that they know of. One Jedi against all of us is nothing. If you see him, though, keep hidden until we've found Kuylen. If Kuylen wills it, we shall handle the Jedi later. If he sees you and recognizes you as a wanted man, we'll have to kill him, won't we?"

Ushgarak
Well, it's not much longer after that, then, that you come to the outskirts of the town. Many dwellings, and vast silos, can be seen in the distance. Plan?

Baylin
Rah cant help but grin "Indeed!" he whispers out of the corner of his mouth "So long as you dont find a way to blow us up first... stick out tongue " He teases Galder companionably.
Rah follows Nume towards the town.

Captain REX
"Oh yeah? If it wasn't for me on Corisine, we'd have all died. But I blew up all the soldiers...and everyone else..." Galder remembers, then stops because it was less good from then on.

Galder follows Nume. "Plan, leader?"

General Zink
"Welcome to Prosperity..." Nume mutters, then turns to everyone.

"This is the deal. We shall stay together, and if anyone asks you in a suspicious manner, mind tricks will do, or lies. If you see the Jedi, do as I said earlier and keep from sight. No disintegrations!" Nume says, pointing at Galder. "We must keep from killing as long as possible, otherwise we'll have police all over us."

"Sure, we could kill them all, but then the Jedi would be tracking us, hunting us. I don't feel like being hunted right now."

"Top priority is finding Kuylen. Rura, got a hold on the signal yet?"

Dexx
Takuan looks strangely at galder and rah.
"why are youy so anxious to meet jedi. They can only bring trouble.
One jedi will draw more jedi if he only encounters us.
however...we don't know if he's a jedi.."

He then turns to rura for that response..

Ushgarak
"Sorry, I can't give you an exact fix," says Rura. "The buildings are making exact tracing on a signal designed to brodcast between stars rather difficult."

I am sure one of you can trace it, but you'll need to get closer. You'll have to search the town until you get a lock. Someone with a good fix-it score is your best choice.

Takuan, as you raise the point- and Nume can help on this... in your experience of Jedi, they tend to be rather direct. They try to respond quickly and improvise upon arrivial, trying their best to get things done under their own authority. This whole invoking of Republican law requiring senatorial approval, evacuation notices, the forcible searching of all incoming ships... not the Jedi way you remember.

Not that they couldn't act this way. But it could take ages to set up something like this in the name of catching one criminal. If it is a Jedi, he's taking a long time to catch his man, for whatever reason he is here.

(Incidentally, Galder, you might find it hard to avoid killing these people if they insist on opening their mouths...)

Ushgarak
FINAL CALL FOR USE OF PREDICTIVE POWERS

(for the sake of anyone who has not used one yet)

Captain REX
(I just realized that Galder has dreams! He'll use Dreams.)

Captain REX
(I agree with that, Ush...)

"What if these certain people want to open their big ass mouths and say 'Look, I found a bad man'?" Galder asks Nume, looking around the city.

General Zink
"Then do it quietly..." Nume tells him, then turns back to Takuan.

"Maybe it is a ruse used by the Jedi, though I could not think of why. I do not suppose anyone has heard of Zatev and could tell me why they've got Jedi and evacuations..."

Ushgarak
Nah, none of you have heard of him.

But on the other hand, if all this has been in process for some time, why make the rendezvous here? No, this all looks very recent.

Captain REX
"As I recall, sometimes Kuylen would wear his Jedi robes. Perhaps he is disguised as the man from Coruscant, taking advantage of the crisis?"

General Zink
"Surely someone would have recognized him," Nume replies. "He was, after all, one of the most wanted men in the universe during your time with him. It is likely that he still is."

Ushgarak
Hmm, well, if anyone is going to not recognise him, it is this lot...

Trickster
"Well, this is a moot point unless we get recognised or until we find Kuylen. Why doesn't Galder have a go at getting a better location?" Tanic points out, "Although I do agree we most certainly need a plan. But for a plan we need to know where we're headed."

(Galder and Vash have the highest fix-it score - 9. Followed by Tanic at 8.)

Captain REX
(Well, I might have just hit the nail on the head, that's reassuring...)

Galder nods. "Let me have that," he says, tearing it away from Rura. "Now, lets see what I can do with this..." Galder toys with the locater to see if he can find the signal himself.

General Zink
"Hmm..." Nume ponders, still considering Galder's idea.

Nume goes to the nearest civilian he can find. "Hello, have you seen the man from Coruscant? We would like a description of him, we would be quite honored to meet him ourselves."

Dexx
"the man said there was a guy asking around. No-one said he was a jedi..and i think it's safe to assume he's not.
So we don't have much to make an approach plan on. WE should hurry to kuylen. perhaps he knows more."

Darth Revan
Vash is ready to take a turn with the locator if Galder can't find the signal...

Ushgarak
-3... nah, no good, Galder. The signal seems very weak here- you'll have to get closer in and try and find somewhere where the signal is being less disrupted by architecture. That does not necessarily mean less buildings, just somewhere where the signal is being less bounced around.

"He's normally at the starport," says the local. "Who are you folk, then?"

Captain REX
"I'll try again later," Galder says, giving it back to Rura.

General Zink
"We are merely travelers, migrating towards the Core Worlds. We decided to stop here, but found it interesting that a man from Coruscant is here. You have no other interest in us..." Nume says, once again waving his hand in front of his face.

If that is sorted...

"Alright, I want to find out once and for all if this bastard is a Jedi or Kuylen in disguise or just some random guy. Tanic, Vash, Rah, I want you two to go investigate. We shall continue to search for Kuylen. Tanic or Vash, use Rah's locater to check for Kuylen's signal while you are there. Anyone have objections to that plan?"

Trickster
"I'm fine with that." Tanic states.

Captain REX
"Fine by me."

Ushgarak
I think Tanic, Vash and Rah are three people... where is the Kuylen searching group heading?

Darth Revan
"Sounds good."

Captain REX
(Dunno, where else is there to head? The starport seems to be the big thing, doesn't it? Maybe we should all just go to the starport.)

Darth Revan
((yeah... what exactly is there in this town?))

General Zink
(Actually, I wanted to send people with Iron Will, in case it really was a Jedi. Vash and Rah don't have it, so I'll send Tanic, Takuan, and Rianna instead. They're all capable fighters, just in case. yes )

General Zink
"I suppose we could wander around in the vague direction of the signal, seeing if it gets stronger as we go. Center of the city for us."

Captain REX
Groups then...

Starport Group A
Rianna
Takuan
Tanic

Center Group B
Nume
Rah
Vash
Galder

"Sounds good to me, Nume. Whatever you decide..."

Trickster
"Who leads the groups, Nume?" asked Tanic.

Dark-siders by comittee?

Captain REX
Well duh, Trickster...

General Zink
"Let Takuan lead," Nume tells his companion.

Trickster
I wasn't asking if Nume leads. Duh, Rex. stick out tongue

"Sure, Nume. I was going to suggest that, whatever the case was."

Dexx
"very well..let's go, then"
says Takuan moving away.

Trickster
Tanic followed.

Captain REX
"Don't get yourself shot, Takuan, you hear?" Galder says jokingly to his comrade, then moves with Nume in the opposite direction.

Ushgarak
The starport

Takuan, consdering how sleepy and backwatery the rest of this planet looked, this place is incredibly busy. Vast surface-to-ship shuttles load up with huge amounts of foodstuff to load up to orbital freighters that are too gargantuan to be landed planetside. As such, this place feels more cosmopolitan, with a variety of different species around, mostly for the trading. The local Demarans look more sophisticated around here, doing jobs that look a mite more advanced than farming- security work, engineering, flight control etc.

However, the large security checkpoint surrounding the landing bays is the obviously new addition, and a sizable number of local security men are hanging around. Right now, a group of Grans trying to get entrance seems to be being obstrcuted at the checkpoint by an offiical-looking guy wearing a grey uniform.

-

Life picks up further towards the centre of the city, though more official notices about public safety are hammered up all around, all warning about Zatev, whose kill count is meant to be quite spectacular.

Galder, you try for a better lock. Rolling a +1 for a 10... well, it's not in any of the central areas of the town, or the living areas. Working this out is taking quite a while of wandering around, however.

But Rah, you espy something that strikes you as unusual as you walk the streets. Peering at you for a moment from a dark alleyway was an unpleasant looking life form- some sort of bipedal pig-like creature, very porcine, and decked out mostly in well-cut animal hide. Your savoir-faire roll is a -4, giving you nothing- you've never seen one before- but he did look out of place, before he slipped back into the shadows.

Dexx
Takuan makes his way to the entrance..

Ushgarak
Well, you are pretty much inside alrady. The checkpoint is for people loading in the landing bays trying to get out.

Captain REX
(I'd try to sense a Jedi...)

Dexx
precisely.
i use sense to see if anything turns up.
Takuan looks around for anyone suspicious for a second..

i assume there are too many people to use something like empathy..

Ushgarak
You could try but you would get rather fractured results.

Hmm... something makes you uncomfortable, Takuan. But you are not getting anything specific.

As for empathy... that guy at the checkpoint is getting a lot of respect from those around him.

General Zink
(Smart thinking, Dexx yes )

(Tanic is our most persuasive looking Dark Jedi in disguise, right?)

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>