Wolverine in outerspace

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maelstrom
I think mabey Adamantium is made in outerspace. Also to have it bonded to his bones I bet they had to rig something in space. The mems. wolvie has can be accurate but misinterpeted to be on Earth, a natural assumption. One must figure that in order to make it the hardest substance you must manufacture it under the most pressure, which I guess is Space.
Now when they fig. how to make it in a black hole, they'll have a new hardest ever metal.
Whatcha` think?
Plus the insinuation of when Wolverine followed Weapon 15 to space to find out about his history can be taken as a place of origin.

eleveninches
Well, the weapon plus headquarters was a space station, so maybe. Although I doubt that they would have taken their weapon plus agents to the station until they can be controlled (it would be too risky for sublime, who has waited for hundreds of millions of years to take control of the earth)

DarkCrawler

Beyonder
Nope, heard it was a result of trying to create the same metal which Captain America's shield is compose of.

Never
Actually adamantium was created first considering Cap's shield is a composite of vibranium and adamantium.

Would not make sense to have the creation of Cap's shield precede the discovery of adamantium. They attempted to correct this oversight once (they being Marvel comics).

Adamantium was discovered/created on earth. Vibranium came from a meteorite, Dark Crawler.

Wynndar
yep....vibranium is a meteorite...only in Wakaanda or the savage land...Adamantium is a synthetic metal....it is heated into a liquid form...when it cools and hardens it is then virtually indestructable...it is not from space...by the way, space does not have high pressure...it has extremely low pressure...and about the black hole thing...the actual size of a black hole is relatively small....anywhere from the size of a house to the size of a pea...this is theorhetical...aditionally, the material within a black hole is probably vastly stronger than adamantium...a handful of "black hole" or neutron star (perhaps even denser) would have much more mass than the planet Earth...its theorized that a neutron star is so dense it could fly right through Earth without the slightest resistance...we might not even notice it...or our whole solar system could be crushed on the atomic level...crazy stuff

Arachnoidfreak
yes, even light cannot escape a black hole's gravitational pull.

Spawnie
indeed

Never
Are you sure about that, Wyn? I don't think so wink

Stellar-Mass Black Holes

Size

These black holes would range from about 5 to 100 times the mass of the Sun, giving them diameters of >>>20 to 400 miles.<<<<

Super-Massive Black Holes

Size

HUGE! One million to one billion times the mass of the Sun. >>>They would be about the size of our solar system.(!)<<<<

They have very recently discovered a BIG ass black hole many light-years away, if I am not mistaken. It has also been said that a "cup full" of a black hole would weigh more than a dump truck on earth. That is how dense they are.

WWestFlashFan
hey

Maelstrom
They differ in size really, some are huge and some can be infinitesimal. The ones that are at the center of galaxy's are thought to be tremendous.

Never
Um, care to show me one "infinitesimal" black hole? Considering they are created when stars 10-15x larger than the sun go supernova and then collapse on themselves.

The smallest black holes are a few kilometers in size.

Darth Jello
read weapon x, wolverine was enhanced in canada, not space. the space station was built on the remains of asteroid m, so in comic years, it couldn't be more than 4 years old. the sublime theory doesn't really fit with generation 2 of weapon x, weren't deadpool, garrison kane, and slayback voluntary participants? what about Nuke?

Wynndar
yea man....that is the point....that is why modern physics can accurately explain black holes...their theorhetical size varies like i said....regardless.....the mass of an object like 15x the sun that easily outweighs the rest of the solar system....being condensed into a relatively small space is why the material of a black hole cannot be understood in terms of our limited knowledge...some are huge....however some r "pea" sized....honestly how does anyone know unless they fly into that shit and check it out...we know even less about neutron stars

DarkCrawler
Oh...thank for the information..

FrothByte
well theoretically speaking, if a star the size of the earth was converted into a black hole, it would only be as small as a marble. every star that dies and becomes a black hole is greatly reduced in size. that's why its so dense, too much mass occupying too little space. anyway, as far as my knowledge goes, black holes may be as small as a house to as big as dozens of miles across.

Never
Your theory would hold true IF a star the size of earth went supernova and had enough mass to create a black hole. It just is not heavy enough.

Black holes are created when **giant stars** go supernova.

Even "medium-sized" black holes are HUGE.

"Medium-size black holes actually do exist, according to the latest findings from NASA's Hubble Space Telescope, but scientists had to look in some unexpected places to find them. The black hole in globular cluster M15 is 4,000 times more massive than our Sun."

http://space.about.com/library/weekly/bliblackholesa.htm

There are no black holes the size of a marble or a house.

"For example to form a black hole the size of a baseball, you would have to pack the entire mass of the Earth into a region about 5 cm across."

http://theory.uwinnipeg.ca/mod_tech/node61.html

I think the smallest star is a neutron star (that can create a black hole), and even when that collapses it has a radius of ~16km. The smallest star is a brown dwarf.

"For a sun or star to be a Black Hole, it would have to have so much mass and gravity that its escape velocity would be greater than 300,000 km/sec, such that even light would not escape."

A star would have to be big enough such that when it collapses and forms a black hole, the density would prevent light from escaping.

"Astronomers have never seen a black hole that is much smaller than the mass of our Sun yet, so we don't know if they really exist."

moshtitan
isnt this kinda off topic????

Unstoppable
He's talking about a Singularity, which is the source of a black hole. It's a tiny pinpoint which is 'infintesimally' small, yet has the condensed mass of a super massive star. Therefore, it literally warps the gravitational field of space/time in that tiny, infintessimal point, that a 'black hole' is created. The "solar system" sized "black holes" are the voids and gravitational fields from which not even light can escape, thus what you 'see' when you look for a black hole. Basically, by looking for a hole in space. A complete void. Or extremely abnormal movements by celestial bodies.

Never
Yes, and black holes are generally measured by the radius of their event horizons, not their singularities.

Unstoppable
.. just saying that I think that is what he was trying to describe.

Darth Jello
so tell me if i'm wrong, but the three guys behind weapon X/Weapon Plus were John Sublime, Proffessor Andre Thorton, and Sinister? for those who don't know, thorton was "the proffessor" from the weapon x miniseries who dirrected dr. John Cornelius and Carol Hines to implant adamantium in Logan. He was shot and killed by silver fox.

eleveninches
If you read the Wolverine:the end series, it shows how wolverines brother was involved in the weapon x program from the very beginning.

Darth Jello
i heard it sucked and was an alternate reality, can you explain it to me? b'sides, I always figured that Dog grew up to become cyber.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.