Black Sabbath

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

loserib
hells yeah it was just confirmed yesturday that BLACK SABBATH ARE HEADLINING this years ozzfest i cant wait this will be my theird time seeing the allmighty sabbath and here is the final line up
MAIN STAGE
BLACK SABBATH
JUDUS PREIST
SLAYER
DIMMU BORGIR
SUPERJIONT RITAUL
BLACK LABEL SOCIETY

SMALL STAGE
SLIPKNOT
HATEBREED
LAMB OF GOD

SMALL STAGE ROTATING BANDS
ATREYU
BLEEDING THROUGH
LACUNA COIL
EVERYTIME I DIE
UNEARTH
GOD FORBID
OTEP
DEVIL DRIVER
MAGNA FI
THROWDOWN
DARKEST HOUR

with ozzfest fast aproaching i will start posting bios and mp3s of all the bands on this years ozzfest in this thread this will be the most brutal fest ever

total metalhead
Thats gonna be one tight show. Man I wish I could go, I've always wanted to see Sabbath, Lamb Of God and Otep.

Slayer and Slipknot...two of the best performers I've seen in my life, and theres Dimmu Borgir, Hatebreed, Superjoint and Lacuna Coil...

I CANT BELIEVE IM GONNA ****ING MISS IT!!!

dean7879
black sabbath are devil worshippers who have caused many suicides because of thier songs...how you can listen to most of thier songs when the lyrics involve praising satan...baffles me......dont get me wrong..some songs have good music but thats as far as it go's

finti
what a load of crap.

If someone sang swim across the atlantic would you do it then?

And why is songs praising satan any worse of those who praises god and jesus?

loserib
man that was the most lamist post i have ever read any fan of ozzy or sabbath knows they are not devil worshipers ozzy has crosses and stuff of that nature all over his house and tony iomie wheres a big cross around his neck

loserib
GOD FORBID
are one of the bands rotating the small stage this year and they are
http://www.godforbid.com/images/gfb_vvinyl022404_6.jpg

Bryon Davis - Vocals, Doc Coyle - Guitars/Vocals, Dallas Coyle - Guitars/Vocals
Jon Outcalt - Bass, Corey Pierce - Drums

It has been a number of years since one band has burst upon the scene to completely revolutionize an entire genre but that is all about to change. Much like visionaries Hatebreed, Meshuggah and The Dillinger Escape Plan, the mighty GOD FORBID forge their own path with a stunning new effort that stretches musical boundaries to their limits. The New Jersey-based quintet successfully strived to create an opus that would not only stand the test of time but also push their talents to the very max. It has been a long, hard road for GOD FORBID and this new album proves their determination has paid off tenfold.

Soon after the group's inception in 1996, Out of Misery and Reject The Sickness were released on the small indie label 9 Volt Records helping GOD FORBID develop a rabid underground following. This buzz quickly attracted the attention of Century Media Records who immediately signed the band. In 2001, they unleashed Determination - an Americanized form of thrash metal so unrelenting that it brought listeners to their knees. This offering also saw the band incorporated more of their hardcore influences into their already relentless attack helping them develop rabid fans in the metal and hardcore crowds alike, a feat not easily accomplished. The album garnered mainstream acclaim and would soon prove to be a small taste of what this band was fully capable of creating. GOD FORBID embarked on an endless amount of tours over the course of two years. This undying road dog mentality helped them to expand their devoted fanbase. The challenge of playing numerous shows with artists ranging from Cradle of Filth and Opeth to Mushroomhead and Thursday forced their live performance to only grow stronger and more devastating. In the same timeframe, We Put Out Records re-released Out of Misery replete with additional tracks. It would be these years of experience that they would take into the recording of their highly anticipated new offering.

After a three-year wait and with a desire to prove to the world just what they are truly capable of, the group return with their most pummeling offering to date. This time they have successfully bridged the gap between thrash, hardcore and traditional metal. The group's many influences, ranging from Ozzy and Slayer to Megadeth and The Haunted all shine though on this stunning new offering, as they created a record that can appeal to any fan of heavy music no matter their preference. The new album, Gone Forever, was recorded at Trax East Studios by Eric Rachel (Atreyu, A Life Once Lost) and mixed by acclaimed producer Colin Richardson (Chimaira, Fear Factory).

Doc Coyle (guitars) further describes the band's evolution, "Gone Forever is a huge step forward for us all. I have never been more proud of an album and for all of the longtime fans out there, please do not expect a Determination sequel. It has all of the elements of our past records but the songs are written and arranged better. It's extremely heavy with great riffs and melodies, better lyrics and more intricate leads. We promise that you will not be disappointed."

With three full-length releases and almost a decade of experience under their belts, the group has unleashed the most cohesive and dynamic offering possible. Propelled by the shredding and vocal melodies of the blistering guitar duo of Doc and Dallas Coyle and the rock-solid rhythm section of Jon Outcalt (bass) and Corey Pierce (drums), each of the album's 10 tracks keeps listeners on their toes. This is all capped off with the guttural screams and sinister aggression of Byron Davis on vocals, who proves he is one of the most commanding frontmen in the genre today. Imagine a propulsive mixture of Killswitch Engage melodies, Arch Enemy thrash aggression and Pantera intensity. The group has spent the latter half of 2003 on tour alongside the likes of Atreyu, Darkest Hour and fellow hometown giants E-Town Concrete devastating audiences with their new material. However, it would be their slot on the massive MTV2 sponsored Headbanger's Ball tour that would cap off an already stellar year. Recall how stunned you were after first hearing Kill Them All and Reign In Blood because this album is going to hit you just as hard, as GOD FORBID officially raised the bar for all other bands in the genre. Come February 24th, prepare to be annihilated.

The new wave of American metal has arrived.

here are two mp3s for you to download and check out

http://mp3.centurymedia.com/GodForbid_BrokenPromise_Determination.mp3

http://mp3.centurymedia.com/GodForbid-BetterDays-GoneForever.mp3

dean7879
why sing songs about satan then *******...would priests sing songs about praising satan???....and what does it matter if he wears a cross around is neck......millions of people wear crosses around there neck but how many of them actually believe in god???id say 10% of them...

amity75
Apart from crap like Deicide I think theres very few practising satanic bands of any status out there. Black Sabbath certainly aren't satanic.

loserib
if you have ever actully heard a black sabbath song he does not praise satan he speaks of him but does not praise and i see no reason why he could not speak of satan preist do every sunday in their sermens

ElectricBugaloo
My dad and I want to go see this, but the rest of the lineup is such shit that it's not worth it

my mom and dad both saw Sabbath before they became corporate shills; when my mom saw them, a little unknown band named Van Halen opened for Sabbath

loserib
thats cool i want to see van halen this year to but i disagree with the comment about the line up i meen black sabbath, judus preist and slayer the tickets worth it just for those bands alone

loserib

LanİeWindu
God I wish I could go to Ozzfest...does anyone know if they are coming to the Las Vegas area?

total metalhead
Otep are ****ing awesome. Disturbing, weird, but completely unique. And she is a genius.

loserib
your best bet would be to drive to one of the california dates there is one up by sanfrancisco in mountin view and one in sanbernadino down south i dont know whitch one would be closer to you

LanİeWindu
San Bernadino is closer to me.

loserib
July 31 San Bernardino, CA Hyundai Pavilion
would be your date then

LanİeWindu
I gotta try to get tickets then...I've always wanted to go to Ozzfest, but never had the money or the time.

Which I probably won't have for this one too...I have to work more than likely.

loserib
you should go they are great this will be my sixth year

LanİeWindu
If I skip on work I'd get fired, and I JUST got hired.

Df02
that looks like an ok set should be very good show

UK Download tho, its gonna be sooooo good lol *hugs ticket*

www.downloadfestival.com/programme

loserib
man im going to have to go to the uk one day just so i can go to download

loserib
hey everybody should sign this pitition for to get Black Sabbath to make a new studio album
http://www.petitiononline.com/BlackSab/petition.html

ElectricBugaloo
Think about this: when was Sabbath's last good album?

THink about their last few albums...

do you want another one of those?

finti
the last good Sabbath album was Headless Cross

loserib
eh you never know they might have one good album left in them as a band

finti
no, their time has come. It is sad to see Deep Purple still producing albums, once such a great band reduced to really poor one. We dont need Sabbath to do the same

loserib
i see your point but you never know

ElectricBugaloo
no, we DO know

finti
I agree with ElectricBugaloo, just take Ozzys lasts album, they have been pathetic

Df02
im surprised Ozzy can still speak, let alone record vocals on an album.......way way way past their prime, let the memory die untarnished

finti
indeed

loserib
i liked his ozzys last album and his vocals are top notch every year i have seen might not be able to hold up a conversation but still hits every note

Black Onyx
i only liked black sabbath when ozzy was in it

finti
Well, I like the albums without Ozzy as well, the albums with Dio (Heaven and Hell, Mob Rules, Live Evil) Tony Martin(The Eternal Idol, Headless Cross, TYR) Aint the same as with Ozzy which are amazing albums, but these are good albums though.

Df02
lol Ronny Dio, the pint-sized rocker of doom!

loserib
i think dio is much better ib his band dio then sabbath

ElectricBugaloo
the best song associated with Dio is the one by Tenacious D

finti
Dio was great in Rainbow

dean7879
dio is great..the album holy diver is excellent....still black sabbath are the best no question.....iron man has to be my fav song eva

Fearnix
black sabbath are the greatest UNDER THE SUN was there best song rock

Black Onyx
i wish i had tickets Sabbath OWNS!!!!!!!

loserib
9 days till i get to see them

Fearnix
whats on in 9 days???

loserib
the ozzfest date im going to

Fearnix
nice have a good time

loserib
i will its my sixth year

PRO-PAIN
Well not much can be said about Sabbath that hasn't been many times before....

One of the most influential bands for all music that is heavy, without Sabbath a lot of bands probably wouldn't even exist.

finti
Sabbath have some awesome albums allright

Mortanius
Saw Sabbath and Priest in Dallas August 5. They tore the F*CKING roof off! My eardrums were pounding and my hearing is still not at a 100 percent. I feel so privileged to see the two most important bands in metal history. People were like standing in their chairs in amazement.

loserib
yeah they are both great live

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.