I have a problem :'(

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Melani
guys i have a problem... a really big one..i have been really depressed lately and the only way i can seem to over come it is I cut into my arm, and i cant seem to stop.. i dont want to stop but i know its wrong to do and you guys are real friends to me so i thought i should tell u to see if you can help me, please :'( sad embarrasment sad its not that bad like i dont cut deep but, i like how it feels and i cant stop i just started to do this yesterday, so please help me if you can sad

Sauron
hug your going to have to just stop, i know it is hard to but you must

whya re you depressed, sometimes the best way to clear it up is to talk about it, and i always have an ear to spare smile

*hugs* just try to cheer up and remember fr every one thing or person that upsets you there are hundreds of things and people which make you happy smile
and they are the things worth dwelling on big grin

§pearhead
I've never gotten so far as to cutting myself, but I'm in a state of depression occasionally. Whenever I think of suicide or anything remotely similar, just think of your friends, your family, and all that life ahead of you...wink and things will be fine, trust me.

Fëanor
OMG! mel...whatever is troubling really is not that bad...depression is just something that happens to all of us, but the way to get out of it is to realize that it cannot take hold of your life...my god, your young and beautiful, you've yet to realize your full potential...

if it's family or friends or even peer pressure, ultimately you must decided what is best for you in order to be happy...please do not do that to yourself...it is very sad and worrisome when one does things like that... sad

Sauron
smile ^^ i think feanor can smell controverial threads a mile off

feanor for mod, whos with me smile

Smodden
melani...i'll be here for you...

try to remind urself of times when you didn't feel so depressed...and take yourself back to that time and place, then think of all your frinds here on the forum...ect, always know that your life dosn't have to be bad, it can be very good...and sometimes life seems to sway towards the bad side. THINK OF PIPPEN!

....Some people just don't understand...and its hard to make them...and its easier to just give up...and be miserable,...but there is something beter waiting, if you just give it a try...there's a biger picture, you just need to see...open your eyes to whats realy happening,...don't let your self tell yourself that everything is bad...and when that starts to happen catch yourself...and make it stop...make your thoughts stop...and your actions stop...

§pearhead
sauron: get raz to listen to you and it might work wink

Melani
yes i cant think of that though, i dislike my family and half my friends are not relly friends anymore like my family.. my dad is gone and all my mom does is yell at me and embarass(sp) me like if i dont do something she wants she`ll say she will go out side naked!!!!! and take me with her I tell her to stop and that it makes me uncomfertble but she dosent care about me, no one does. sad sad sad

Sauron
laughing

spear- we both know raz wouldnt listen to me stick out tongue

Sauron
melani- we do smile

§pearhead
I know this is gonna sound a bit corny, coming from someone who you've probably never even heard of, much less know...but I can betcha that there are plenty of people who do care. Hell, even I care! I don't even know you! I can't stand to see people like this sad I've been there myself. Things seem hopeless now, but think of it as karma or an equilibrium; for all the dips in your life, there'll be peaks, and its those peaks worth living for.

Fëanor
there are times when we all must make sacrafices so that we can have what little peace there is for us...unfortunately i cannot give you the answers for family problems...ignoring it won't make it go away, arguing about it makes it worse...you can always to not react to whatever your mom is doing as if it didn't bother you...people do things that are beyond sensability so that they can get a rise out of you...once they reallize you're not reacting to their idiotic antics you'll soon find less of it...it's like a bratty child, ignore their tantrums they stop...

as for your friends, then they're not your friends at all...quantity doesn't make for quality...find one you trust the most without confiding so much of yourself that they go...oooookaaaaaaaaay...

laughing ...cheeky

Discos
not being cheeky but a friend of a friend used to cut himself to grab attention....you arnt doing that are you?

slicing and dicing isnt the way man,

Tassie
aww Mel sad sad
I hate seeing people like this... well, people I like, that is

If you know me in real life, I have a real, hot temper, and I feel murderous when I'm angry, but even I don't agree with cutting yourself... I'm afraid of sharp objects ((oh there goes another one for Spear roll eyes (sarcastic) ))

I don't think it could be that serious that you have to resort to physically hurting yourself... and even if it may seem so, the best way to take out your anger is on someone else shifty not yourself

But, I'm in no position at the moment to be giving anyone advice on a topic like this wink

§pearhead
eek!

I'll be good angel

Discos
lol nice sig tassie

Tassie
sorry, double post messed

slow computer roll eyes (sarcastic)

§pearhead
wink you said that already

Tassie
why do I never believe you roll eyes (sarcastic)

§pearhead
Because I'm oh so loveable happy Like a marshmallow! eek!

Discos
whoa....he's on the ball

shadowy_blue
Melani,

Life's not supposed to suck, but sometimes it just does, and we wonder why. I've been in a similar place as what you describe (not to the extent that I wanted to kill myself...but I was really depressed). One thing that helped me a lot was learning that other people love and care for me. You should really think about the good things in your life. Think about Middle-earth! Think of Pippin! Think of us here in KMC! big grin

I am glad that we can provide you with some comfort here. Just hang in there... I know life can be tough sometimes (can't tell you how many times I have tried to wish myself to another world - Middle-earth, perhaps), but there are people out there who really care for you. Look to them, they will really help you out. WE WILL help you out.

You can PM me anytime you want. I WILL help you as best as I could. I wouldn't try...I will.

You are a wonderful person who makes all our lives much better for knowing you. smile

Often, I have felt sad,
and all around me was bad.
Life had no meaning,
that was my greatest feeling.
But someone I knew said,
that I should forget
Because there is many people yet,
to love, no certain amount is set.
Hold your head high through this trial,
you are loved by us, to that there is no denial.

I know it isn't that good, but remember the last lines. smile

We love you, Melani. yes big grin

(aacckk!! Smodden is influencing me!! I have never written a fanfic or a poem before!!!) stick out tongue laughing out loud

Discos
Discos - 's band in background band

shadowy_blue
^ LOL..laughing

Discos
*music fades out*

Discos - that shall be $300, where shall i send the bill to?

Tassie
Yay, Miss S_b, the poet big grin
Told ya you could do it lol stick out tongue

Bar-en-Danwedh
given how quickly everyone has jumped on here, suggests (quite strongly) that there are people who do care.

firstly, I grew up with one parent, and then tried the other for a while...
I'm affraid in house where love has been interupted, there are ALOT of unnhappy times. and I did alot of very distructive things over the years...
I know you feel trapped right now, and this wont help much, and will seem a little useless, but you won't be in this situation forever... and as intense as this is right now, you will move past it.

another thing to bear in mind, is that your mother is probably quite miserable being on her own at the moment, and i'm pretty sure she doesn't mean the things she says and does but is reacting to frustration, anger and her own depression... she will eventually realize she's hurting you. so hang in there.

this all too familair territory to me, so I know what i'm talking about.

also, stop cutting yourself!!! (i emplore annyone who is geogaphically closer to you on this board to slap you on the hand the next time you try!!! - it's a bit of a stretch from Aus.)
your too pretty, too intelligent, and dare I say it too cool, to be scaring yourself. (but remember, half the reason you're cool is 'cause you know me stick out tongue ) but, seriously... find something else (preferably non-chemical, I've been there aswell). this will sound stupid, but i recomend Kung Fu.
it gives you focus, and some of things they teach you will hurt, but be good for you - it sounds dumb, but it helps me.

finnally, don't worry about the friends you have around you, especially if there all from school... the best friends you will have in life are the people you meet after school (by after school i mean ine years following, not from 3pm onwards). none of my friends are people i went to school with... I had nothing in common with those people! I know it might seem pathetic, but we're all your friends, and you know we'll always be here for you... (unless our computer crashes, then you might have to wait a day or two).

so hang in there, I know you feel very alone right now... but you'll pull through. but stop cutting up your arms, trust me you don't to have to explain it to people when they notice... i used to make really long cuts all the way up and down my arms, it got embarrasing after a while.

but to summorise, we all love you... so everyone else can go to hell! smile

Discos
ah sorry for my cheeky posts earlier Mel

gees, i never knew you were in this state of mind. Why didn't ya tell good ole Uncle Discs sooner?

You are 1 in a million ya know, i fairly enjoyed looking at your pics and because of you i went searching through every last page with shadowy to find them (ask her its true smile)

Hope this problem can be resolved and hopefully you understand the full meaning of what we are all trying to say

Discos - we luv ya yes

shadowy_blue
LOL..Discos..I had a free mention! stick out tongue

Melani, we all love you here. big grin And yes..even Discos loves you...he who is that picky! stick out tongue

j/k Big Papa D! stick out tongue wink

shadowy_blue
Aahh..nice advice Bar..I found myself touched but laughing at the same time. stick out tongue

trade
mel i no u probably don't no me but i just read these two pages and my heart is broken........ take this advice every time u want to hurt yourself ...pray tell God your problems because he always has an open ear. and he cares so much about u .....read the bible that's always a comfort . so take mi advice as well as everyone elses. we all care about u and we don't want to see u hurting ok.smile

pip-foot
Mel,

I know i don't talk to you all that much, but i really do care about you, I love you love and i don't want you to hurt yourself smile

I've been feeling really depressed lateley too (wont go into details here though) and been feeling like noone liked me sad

Feel free to PM me any time...
Talking really does help, trust me, i know from experiance. We all love you here on this forum, and i hope you can see that...It took me a while to realize how much i was loved, but i see that i have a huge family of loving people here...so lean on us, cry on our shoulders, we're here for you..

I love you love

Fëanor
Hey jude, don't make it bad.
Take a sad song and make it better.
Remember to let her into your heart,
Then you can start to make it better.

Hey jude, don't be afraid.
You were made to go out and get her.
The minute you let her under your skin,
Then you begin to make it better.

And anytime you feel the pain, hey jude, refrain,
Don't carry the world upon your shoulders.
For well you know that it's a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Hey jude, don't let me down.
You have found her, now go and get her.

Remember to let her into your heart,
Then you can start to make it better.

So let it out and let it in, hey jude, begin,
You're waiting for someone to perform with.
And don't you know that it's just you, hey jude, you'll do,
The movement you need is on your shoulder.

Hey jude, don't make it bad.
Take a sad song and make it better.
Remember to let her under your skin,
Then you'll begin to make it
Better better better better better better, oh.

Na na na na na ,na na na, hey jude...

the meaning is the same if the words are somewhat out of context to what you're going through... smile

Melani
I have herd that someone of you guys are thinkin that i wont come on KMC anymore??? course i`ll come on KMC this is like my second home stick out tongue

shadowy_blue
That was me Melani..I was so scared that you wouldn't come on anymore..sad

But I'm glad that you still will. big grin

Everybody will miss you, especially a certain "someone". wink

aaawww! love

pip-foot
*wonders who this certain someone is....*

we love you mel love

Discos
yep, thank god ya come on

Discos - tbhu rule the pic forum baby

Melani
ic whos that someone?? i think i know wink big grin

pip-foot

Tassie
LOL big grin
hmm.... I wonder how...

pip, very nice... sad... happy

shadowy_blue
OMG! Discos!! Be subtle!! stick out tongue

Tassie
Look who's talking S_b stick out tongue

pip-foot
thanks Tas smile Its supposed to be happy...and sad at the same time i guess stick out tongue I wrote 7 at school today embarrasment but i thought mel might like that particular one smile

Tassie
I wanna see the rest smile

fini
hmmm mel u know why u depressed???. I know it sounds like something everyone says, but everyone has down times and its helps the shape us as the people we are gonna be. BUt if its really bad please go get some help, we're here online and there is only SOOOOO much we can do.
I remember that phase when slicing ur arm was "fun" or calming but it should go away ( it should)

But if u can figure out what is bugging u , try to see if it can be fixed or solved. If it cant , then look for other reasons in life to be happy. I had my wrist slicing days about 3 yrs ago when i was 22 ( i had it before when i was 14) but i wised up and looked for my happy reasons, which were my dogs, and my best friend who was the only one who knew what i was doing ( mind u he's my BF now ).

Discos
by whatever do you mean yes

pip-foot
I'll Pm them too you smile btw: you never replied to my last PM mad smile

lol @ melani and discos...another match made my the wonderful world of LOTR

Tas: why are ya invisabele...u should come to tig party....

Melani
huummmm i wonder when this certin person will start talkin to me wink stick out tongue wink stick out tongue

Discos
the person wou;d....bu he is very drunk and fears he might say someting silly t him sad

pip-foot
lol MEl smile...wonder how is it???? *coughdiscostalktohercough*

Melani
hahahaha i know who... i`ll just wait for that someone to speak to me on msn............. la la la la stick out tonguestick out tonguestick out tongue

Melani
no rush though ........... hehe

Tassie
Pip, I'm trying to reach tig party lol, but I'm just kinda busy right now stick out tongue
I'll un-invisible myself then smile

And sowwy... I'll reply to you later, I promise!!!

pip-foot
arggg... all you MSN peopel sad get AIM yes so you can talk to me...you know you want it yes

shadowy_blue
OMG!!! I'm ecstatic to what's happening in this thread..stick out tongue

Started to be depressing..but it's getting mushy!

Jesus Christ!!

stick out tongue

pip-foot
stick out tongue lol, i agree shadowy...

i wont send you poems till you reply stick out tongue and youve had like 24 hours to reply.... Jk, i know youve been busy smile

Tassie
LOL pip ok stick out tongue

Boy, this thread has sure taken quite a turn big grin

Discos
*coughsorrymelbutIdolike you*

Discos - hey who else is dunk?

pip-foot
it hass... i hope it's works, i hope mel is ok now smile love ya mel love

fini
lol

Melani
im doin alot better smilesmile

Freddy_vs_Jason
Heres something I heard that always cheers me up when I hate my family and friends and feel deppressed: "You are not alone" there are thousands of people feeling just like you. It's okay if you wanna be alone some times, everybody needs and wants time to themselves. When you feel like that just look foward to things to come. Like I can't wait for the Spider-Man 2 game and movie to come out, when I think of that I always cheer up. Remember, being by youself is all good and fine, but sometimes its best to be around love ones.

But I swear, wings will mend, wounds will heal and in time you'll feel just fine again.

shaber
STOP cutting your arm. Let your parents or guardians know!

Sauron
time heals all wounds

unless you had a limb removed in which case it wont

Fire
Get help as fast as you can, in belgium there are various programs for teens and children with your problem, in your situation. I reckon canada has some as well

dont think this won't get any worse cause that's normaly not true, it can get very very very severe, don't think it will go away by itself cause that's normaly not true either.

<<Solo>>
Exactly or everytime you cut your arm you send me 20$?

eezy45
very funny solo...

big gay kirk
Please do try to stop cutting yourself... as other people on here may tell you, it's very rare that I'm serious, but here I am... depression is an awful thing, and unfortunately it's cyclical... it goes rtound and round and round... the only way to get off is to jump, and quickly... when you feel the neeed to cut, do something else... go somewhere public, go to a friends, go anywhere, where it will be difficult or impossible to cut yourself... and if anyone tells you to listen to happy songs or watch a funny film, punch them... they don't help... listen to or watch anything that makes you feel better... as a recovering schizophrenic (we are always recovering and never cured) I can tell you that there is a way out of depressionthat does not include self harm... hang on in there, take one day (or even one hour!) at a time, and it will get better... I know I'm a virtual stranger, but I'm here...

Melani
I am getting help.. im goin to my school counsilor on tues when i get back from the weekend.. and I will try my best not to cut smile

Melani
this is my arm now.... sadsad i hvae took eezy's advice and got rid of the pin i use to cut... so i will try SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard not to cut anymore.. you guys have been a VERY big help.. THANKS!!!!groupthumbup

Discos
no problem

Discos - yep another satisfied customer of "big pappa D"

Bar-en-Danwedh
glad to hear your doing better...

i hope you took my advise, or at least read it a few times... it took forever to type, stick out tongue

(i even stayed back at work to finish it... although the fact that i come here while i'm at work says something about how little i worksmile)

Tex
We are all very happy that you are on the right path to recovery.
I understand that this is a very common problem and that seeking qualified professional help can drastically improve your well being and lifestyle.

These types of threads however are not allowed on KMC and as a rule have been closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.