Mistake in the First Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

salamami
well for some reason i notice retarded things, so i caught a couple things in the first movie that were messed up. first thing is when they are being sorted, the second girl i think with the red hair whos name is sarah burns is sorted into huffelpuff. but later in the movie she is sitting next to hermoine in classes they have with slitherine so there is no way they can have it with hufflepuffs. and she is also found in the second. also some how there are windows in snapes classroom, thats in the dungeon yeah... unless maybe they are bewitched but im thinkin not.

The Alpha
hmmmm.... ok 1st i'll see the movie again myself then i can talk

Kitoky
There are millions of mistakes in the First Book -

Continuity: When Harry goes to take his seat after being sorted, he sits opposite Hermione. In the next cut he is seated beside her.

Crew or equipment visible: The mechanism which makes the Quidditch box shake can be seen when the box falls over.

Incorrectly regarded as goofs: Platforms 9 and 10 at Kings Cross Station are not mainline platforms in the main part of the station, but are actually smaller, suburban platforms. This was an error made by author J K Rowling, though, who intended the Hogwarts train to leave from the main part of the station (she mixed up the geography of King's Cross with that of nearby Euston station) and so the film uses platforms 3 and 4 rather than the smaller platforms 9 and 10.

Miscellaneous: As the three children run across the field to Hagrid's hut, Harry says a few lines ending with "...why didn't I see it before?" Hermione is mouthing Harry's lines with him.

Factual errors: The snake that Harry talks to blinks. Snakes don't have eyelids, making it impossible for them to blink.

Factual errors: Each owl's wing beats can be heard. In fact, owls' wings make no sound.

Continuity: When Harry is taking notes in Snape's class his handwriting is small and neat. When seen from Snape's point of view it is large and sloppy.

Crew or equipment visible: When Harry, Ron, and Hermione are struggling in the Devil's Snare, a puppeteer can be seen on the left of the screen, working at least some of the masses of tendrils.

Continuity: During the train journey, Ron's hair is parted in several different places.

Crew or equipment visible: The shadows of a cameraman and a camera are visible on the wall in the Mirror of Erised scene. (This Could be Dumbledore)

Anachronisms: In the flashback to when Harry's parents were killed, young Harry is wearing a shirt with Blue from "Blue's Clues" (1996), a show which predates the scene by several years, on the sleeves.

Continuity: Harry's glasses sometimes have lenses, and sometimes don't, as do Dumbledore's.

Bloom4ever
if u check out this site u should get a lot:http://www.moviemistakes.com/film2434

pixie1
Bloom4ever it cannot be displayed

Bloom4ever
think i posted it wrong
http://www.moviemistakes.com/film2434

see if that works

*Georgina_A*
yeah it works stick out tongue. i noticed quite a few mistakes in the books too...

I Love Sirius
First of all, the girl being sorted in the movie, is Susan Bones (She is really Eleanor Columbus, Chris Columbus's daughter) But I think in the movie, they don't put just two houses in each class. I think they mix them all up.

danis4ever
They are caught! Hehe!

DracosGirl
I noticed in the second film that when Harry and Ron smack into the wall between platform 9 + 10 Hedwigs cage flies open but then is closed the next second! U can also really tell that it is a stuffed animal in that scene

celestial_moon
they did that so they didnt have much hassle.

Patronus
I realized that there is a mistake in the first movie "The Sorcerer's Stone." After Harry sees Voldemort drinking the blood from the unicorn in the woods, he tells Ron and Hermione about it, and in that scene Hermione says the name, "Voldemort" and not "You know who." While in the fifth book, Rowling states that Harry heard her say his name for the first time when talking about the DA meetings. I'm surprised that Rowling allowed that. What do you think?

azn_blue_angel
pplz can forget things u no...no one can remember everything they write, say or do can u blame her?..any1 that can remember everything should b like a super human or sumthing, lolz so y r u complining?

shanie623
I think pretty much everybody notice this mistake, and all of the other mistakes in the movies... ^_^

celestial_moon
well, the first book came out b4 the fifth book so technically it probably would have been fixed if the fifth book cam out when the first one did but that would have never happened.

pottermad
i think u r totally right i mean c'mon EVERYBODY makes mistakes...

pottermad
yea and well in the 1st movie draco is harry's charm classmate. and in the book jk said that harry and draco are only clasmate in potions

DracosGirl
Aaahhh all these slip ups do not go unnoticed i see... lol
These are awsome Im gonna go watch the first movie again to look all these up! he he

celestial_moon
its hard 2 explain. i'm a movie freak so i know why they do things weird.

azn_blue_angel
so right pottermad..it's like if you like complining abt pplz mistakes then u should try doin it n i'll c u'll make a mistake..

n besides she didn't do the movie..n how do u no if she complined or not abt it..lolx smile wink

celestial_moon
^ good point

DracosGirl
Isnt there already a thread about this?

Patronus
First off, I'm not "complining." LOLx!!!!11. (And yes, I am making fun of you). I'm simply analyzing. I think it's a big deal that no one speaks the name Voldemort except for Dumbledore, Harry, Lupin, and Sirius. If Hermione says it without anyone flinching or acting surprised, the significance of the name loses its effect. I'm surprised that J. K. Rowling didn't point that out to the script writer, Steve Kloves. They are close friends and work very well together. The movies follow the books so well (and they work so hard to make it so) that I'm surprised that Rowling let that slip. I am not complaining. I'm just trying to open up a bit of conversation. If there already is a thread about this topic, my apologies. I must have missed that one. By the way, "azn blue angel," learn how to type. I can barely understand half of your messege. Please speak English.

azn_blue_angel
lolx...it's called internet typing, haven't u heard of it mate?

anyhow i don't want to start a fight but it is the truth
and u answered ur own question
"They are close friends and work very well together. The movies follow the books so well (and they work so hard to make it"
so mayb jkr just let it slip..

sry if i offened u..

azn_blue_angel
and u ask wat we think..so that's wat i think..
juz becauz u don't like wat i think doesn't mean u can be mean..

celestial_moon
ok...Patronus she had writer's block on OotP. when the first movie came out, it was after the 4th one came. so she didnt know that she was gonna place that OotP. i think that it's sorta both their faults but it doesnt mean the world is going 2 die.

Tassie
here's a site for hp movie mistakes:
http://www.moviemistakes.com/film2434

And here's one of the 100 threads like this:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f44/t30215.html

These should be merged

Patronus
ok ur rite lol i m rong abt that int. chat is grt lol and i m sry i yeled at u and u r cool and i m 2 serius lol but y did u say i was complining lol b/c i was not complining lol roflmao n e way lol i m jst try 2 her ur resons fur hur hving h say v name n now u anserd it lol so i m hapy n u r 2 so yeh lol ttyl roflmao u dnt hve to yel at me smile angel eek! laughing out loud geek

Tassie
Merged! big grin

punkyhermy
mistakes? EMMA WATSON CASTED AS HERMIONE!

celestial_moon
we know punkyhermy lol :rolling:

heaven's_a_lie
god do i love that harry =]

azn_blue_angel
lolx i'm sry to ask but who were u ttalkin to Patronus?

Patronus
Couldn't you understand me?

azn_blue_angel
yeah i can..juz dw abt wat i said before

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.