Useless Talents and Obsessive Habits

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dim
OKay, I can do a variety of barks, meows, coos and other useless noises. I also write the same thing over and over again on post-it notes and then save them in my desk..

finti
I tell people what I really think and feel about them whn they annoy me. I am kind of obsessed with music

Ushgarak
I have this obsessive posting habit.

I was also a talented side drummer. It was one of the only things I ever had ANY natural talent in, and I have to say it is pretty useless, all things considered.

finti
being a smarth mouth havent got me anywhere besides into trouble with teachers at school.

Dim
side drummer?..what's that?

fint, with your smart mouth and knowledge of music you would probably be the Music Geek on Beat the Geeks.. Should I send in your mullet pic?.. They'd probably go for it but you've got to regrow the hair.

keokiswahine
posting

finti
got in a little "trouble" at work today, one of our regulare customer, a real jerk, was playing the slot machine.
He had a good run and won around $1000.
And here it starts, his winnings are in coins and he wanted me to change them into bills. Well I didnt want to do it and we have full right to deny those exchanges. He starting to raise his voice calling me stuff, so I just smiled and then ignored him. It was closing time anyway. He went on an on about what difficult jerk I was. On his question about what he was gonna do with al his coins he added if I thought he had a motherf****** huge fat ass piggy bank at home. To which I replied I dont want to discuss his wife. evil face He said he was gonna take this up with my boss first thing Monday morning. Already looking forward to Monday morning I m gonna love this.
big grin

yerssot
and when will you get your new job? wink

LadyEowyn
he deserved it. bragging about all his money!

i tend to lie and then say i lied and then lie that i said that i lied. its a continuous pattern

Dim
eek! Well, I'm shocked fint...don't really know what to say now laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Side drumming? You know, like in Revolutionary or Napoleonic war films; the drummers in uniform who play with the army into battle. That's side drumming. Not the battle part of course, that's extra.

Dim
Hmmmmmmmmm..sounds very empirical, Ush.. stick out tongue

Ushgarak
It certainly is. I could go on for bloody ages about it.

I believe Raz posted a pic of me in uniform about half a year back, drum and all.

Dim
Ah..Ush..so stanchly British.. laughing out loud laughing out loud

Ushgarak
And you love it.

I am surprised you don't remember the pic.

yerssot
*starts looking in old threads for the pic*

LadyEowyn
i saw it

Ushgarak
Probably doesn't work any more; most of those old links are broken.

LanceWindu
My useless talents and obsessive habits include:

Biting nails
Air guitar (I'm really good at it. I just can't play a real one)
Air Drums (Same thing as above)
Singing to my favorite songs
I can put my feet behind my head
I watch too much T.V.
Posting
Star Wars Watching

ToMacco
*finti gets in line behind ToMacco for unemployment*

LanceWindu
*Gets in line behind finti, who's behind ToMacco*

I've only had one job my whole life and I got fired one month later. I have no skills for a job. I need some welfare checks.

ToMacco
laughing out loud So what do you do, Lance?

LanceWindu
Nothing at all. I can't even flip a good burger.

Edna Witch
You know those plastic wristbands you have when you go on an all inclusive holday or where you are in hospitl or go to some theme parks or camp sites etc... Well I am particularly talented at putting them on and cutting off the excess at speed.My scissors never used to leave my fingers at work. I have scared many a young child in this way! So I have to say being able to put on more wristbands inside a minute than any of the staff at my workplace is a completely and utterly useless skill!

finti
Edna sissorhands big grin

mechmoggy
My most recent obsessive habit is checking that my car is locked, I've been going back to it like three times to make sure. The other lock related habit is our works factory door, I lock it on my way out then sit in the car and wonder if I did or not. I have to go back and check at least once every day, it's so annoying.

Useless talents are plentiful too but the most useless is probably my amazing capacity to remember part numbers and discriptions for work. We make 1000's of different parts and assemblies; and I can virtually remember everything from the part number, customer, number of operations and descriptions. The most annoying thing about this is that I can't remember names for toffee, I have a total mental block with peoples names. Weird. confused

Dim
laughing out loud I'm the exact opposite..I can never remember number sequences.. I can't remember my licence plate number..my drivers license number.. I can barely even remember my phone number..but it it a strange number..not that I can remember any of my old phone numbers either..or bank accounts..oh well.

Captain REX
Sounds like an employee at my dad's work office. For his birthday they got him a book about Remembering. As a joke they said he'd probably lock in his car along with his keys. laughing out loud

Edna Witch
OOh I have a head for numbers. People think it is really sad that I can remember my library card number, my bank account number and sort code, My chargecard number which I haven't used since I was 14, My credit card number, My national insurance number, my sister's national insurance number, All three of my exam candidate numbers and even my driving theory test certificate number.

I'm sure I know more but can't think of them right now.

finti
or you cant remember stick out tongue

ToMacco
I wish I remembered to lock my car door.

I don't know if I ever told you guys this, but I'm gonna right now.

I drive a 1990 Chevy Cavalier station wagon. The car is a piece of shit, no one doubts that.

One night, I had parked my car in my parents driveway, and left the door unlocked. That night, some punks sons of bitches went into my car and stole my CD case that had over 200 CD's in it. Those CD's were worth more than the car was.

The police didn't do a damn thing. I was so pissed. finti, my CD's (like I'm sure yours are) were my most prized possession. Now they are gone.

sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

Edna Witch
Ah that's too bad! I hope you learnt your lesson though!

Just install finti in your car instead!

mechmoggy
I've had two of my cars broken into, one of them three times for christs sake! It's a horrible feeling when you find out too, it's like someone has slept with your missus. sad

finti
meaning that I am worth nothing?????????? smile

Edna Witch
No meaning, who needs CD's when you have the largest collection in your head!

mechmoggy
Yeah, but wouldn't that be like borrowing your dads car and all he's got is old school tunes in the cd/cassette case? stick out tongue

"Start spreading the news, I'm leaving today...etc".

yerssot
"I want to be a part of it... New York! New York!"

Great, those oldies, now I have that song in my head.
Next I willl sing "Sugar" perhaps?

Gundark
I missed posting in this thread so I'm dragging it back to page 1.

Probably my most obsessive habit is double checking that the burners are all off on the stove. I have this horrible fear the house will blow up with my dogs in it while we're gone.

When I'm in the car with my dad he plays Pat Boone on cassette. *throws up* At least I can get my mom to listen to Fleetwood Mac or Sting. Dad's lost in the past. Hehehe.

Dim
Oh yes..Fleetwood Mac..hmmmmm..they're cutting edge laughing out loud stick out tongue

I'm always worried that I left my curling iron on....Sometimes I actually get out to the car and have to come back to check.. My boyfriend is like that too so we usually check a bunch of times before we leave..of course he has reason to be that way..his house burnt down when he was a kid because of a curling iron.

Texas
Driving down the highway, I like to count the light poles. Keeps you awake when your driving at night! I also like to count the # of floors on large buildings. embarrasment

Gundark
Do you know they never make a 13th floor in a building ?

Texas
Yeah, they made a movie about it!

keokiswahine
we normally do dumb things only once. we crash and burn, burn and learn, and move on. but, ooooooooooohhhhhhh, that burn and learn hurtz.

just plug in finti for your musical selection.
smokin' rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.