What are the best CG movies?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Drifter101
there have been many movies in the past that are CGI totally what i am talking about are the pixar and disney type movies, w/ a shark tale coming lets see what are the best so far. what do you think?

SlickRick69
Toy Story and its sequel are pretty good.

oh, and Small Soldiers, for that category of live-action mixed with CGI or cartoonish claymation action figures

quiball
i chose Finding Nemo even tho my fav out of all those are shrek because they used a lot more effort to make the water look real and stuff, so in terms of the best CGI, it will have to be Finding Nemo

Red Superfly
For some reason, I'm going with Monsters Inc.

That movie was brilliant.

Aku
toy story 2 was only good coz it had 'stinky pete' innit. As for toy story in general far too over-rated. It wasnt that good. Finding Nemo was also over-rated but that was really colourful and after a couple of drinks and shrooms finding nemo is a really really good film big grin.

Shrek, good storyline good CGI, wrestling so that rocked.

But Nemo all the way.

Red Superfly
Yeah I loved all of them. they are a bunch of kids movies but they are too awesome to deny. The CGI work is truly awesome in Finding Nemo - but in terms of what made me laugh, and how great I thought the whole thing was, I chose Monsters Inc.

I loved Billy Crystal as Mike, it was one of the best characters Disney had come up with for ages.

Aku
I think monsters ink is the only one i havent seen. I bought it ages ago but could never be bothered to watch it. But yeh, im still a kid at heart, i mean why watch eastenders or will and grace when you could watch dragonball Z, samurai jack, static shock, xaiolin showdown, thunder cats. Anyone remmeber thundercats?

MUMRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

thunder, thunder, thunder, thunder cats! *guitar solo* thunder thunder thunder thunder CATS!!! RRRRROOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAARRRRR!!!!

Red Superfly
Thunder thunder thunder cats! Yeah, I remember thundercats.

I'm still a big kid too. I'd rather watch quality animation like X-Men Evolution than boring, depressing (yet still completely NOT like real life) Eastenders.

I was a Ninja Turtles kid myself. I LIVED on Ninja Turtles. And Ghostbusters (the movie still rates as one of my all time faves). And later Spiderman and the X-Men.

Here's an obscure reference - do you remember Bucky O Haire?

OK we're getting off topic here but who cares lol

Aku
O yeah bucky o haire. Hahaha that space rabbit thingsd that had a dodgey eye (if i remmeber correctly). Yeh that rocked, my favourites were thundercats (ofcourse), he-man, scooby doo, jimbo (apparently i liked jimbo but i never remember anything about it), flash gordon and the biker mice from mars. O and ninja turtles was one of my faves aswell.

But i see your point, id rather watch well done cartoons like x-men evolution or tom and jerry than watch soaps which are only entertaining because it makes you think that someones life is worse off than yours wether in cartoons its something you can really love forever. And everyones happy that way.

Red Superfly
He-man! I forgot about him.

Seen the new cartoon? I'm very impressed with it. Skeletor has been made more bad-ass than I ever remember him to be. Skeletor rules.

I remember Jimbo - the talking jumbo jet. JIIIIIMBOOOOO!!!!!!!

That's going back even further to the days of Bertha, POB, Postman Pat and Jimbo, wow we're going back to when I was like 3.

The only thing I remember from Jimbo was where he flew into the bermuda triangle. It was a giant magic multi-coloured triangle in the sky :P

Drifter101
if you people are picking movies like monsters inc vote on the poll because monsters inc has 0 votes. im caught between toy story, finding nemo, and the shrek movies.

Aku
Yeh, i never watched postamn pat or fireman sam. I think its because the wombles were on and my sister forced me to watch it. Im impressed with alot of cartoon remakes.

-He-Man i like this coz it keeps all the same characters and skeletor is as evil as ever.

-X-men evolution i like this coz its good animation and is more based on the movies that were made or vice versa.

The only bad cartoons are if its the same cartoon but with kids in the title. The tom and jerry kids or the flintstones kids were just poor. But i never liked the flinstones or the jetsons. Samurai Jack, Dexters Lab and Xiaolin Showdown are the best new cartoons.

Red Superfly
OMG The Wombles I loved that show - I think it's time to stop now lol.

He-Man is great, I not only love how they have made Skeletor, He-Man and Man At Arms look so awesome, but they made Evil-Lyn so great. I loved how they made such a good partner for Skeletor like that, Evil-Lyn is one of my faves on that show, even though I used to hate her in the originals.

X-Men evolution, at times, rivals some of the really good Japanimations. I was watching the episode where the mutants had just been outed, and everybody hated them, but they used their powers to save the humans from the brotherhood in this car park. The animation during this was awesome. The music is brilliant too. I love Avalanches whiny guitar riff music, it's perfect.

Drifter101
cartoons? but that is a little off topic please just keep it to the threads topic.

Red Superfly
Sorry

Aku
O come on man. we're still talking about the snimation in kids tv shows hows that different from kids films? Apart from the tv/film difference?

When silversurfer runs and it leaves that trail behind thats cool. But gambits the coolest in X-Men evolution except hes still a bad guy at the moment.

Dario Argento
Toy Story 2 and Shrek

Eccentric
Finding Nemo cause they paid special attention to the effects and making the water look real and stuff and to me they did pretty good.

Aku
VEGETA how dare you post on this forum!!!!!!

Red Superfly
Hey yeah whats up with Gambits eyes in XMen evolution? Sometimes they are normal, then others he has them in Gambit-mode. WTF?

They don't change like that.

Drifter101
what the hell does this have to do w/ cgi movies

Red Superfly
Absolutely nothing

Aku
To be honest ive never understood gambit coz i rarely watched x-men. I think there was this program called animals of farthing wood or something that i used to watch instead. I dont know why i watched it but it was good.

Gambit was still everyones favourite x-men. Whats up with that kid in x-men 2? the one that can turn the tv over with his eyes? What a shit power, he shouldnt need to be at the institute.

Red Superfly
Yeah - I've never seen that.

There's a character called Blink in the comics, but its a girl with lilac coloured skin. It's wierd, it's like they made this character up for the fun of it. And her powers were teleportals, and she never blinked to use them. Wierd I know.

Kes
Topic guys!

ragesRemorse
final fantasy spirits within is the best CGI movie, and highly overlooked.

1-winged angel
nah the new final fantasy movie looks way better its called, Final Fantasy 7: Advnet Children, its about ff7, but 2 yrs later

vaya_the_elf
I would have to say shrek 2 and monsters Inc.

ragesRemorse
advent children is CGI?

Aku
honestly all you guys should pack up this CGI stuff and see last action hero. laughing out loud

eleveninches
Toy story was so cool when it was released.

Drifter101
it was the first of its kind all new movie type things are cool

WindDancer
I voted for Shrek.

Drifter101
yea that was good, but i think the second shrek was actually better than the first.

Darth_Big_Boy
Toy Story

powerfulone1987
Obviously this poll was made before "The Incredibles" came out, because that really is my favorite CG movie.
I voted for Monsters Inc. because that is my second favorite CG movie.

Clovie
voted shrek

powerfulone1987
Clovie, Ive bee wondering. Do you like the "The Incredibled", cause you seem not to be responding in their threads.

Clovie
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
Clovie, Ive bee wondering. Do you like the "The Incredibled", cause you seem not to be responding in their threads. ermm.... they were ok..but nothing special...erm... i kinda liked it happy but dunno...i have no idea why didn't i post in that thread blink

FistOfThe North
I wonder what the next thing in movies will be after CGI affects. It was claymation for sometime now its CGI. Whats next I wonder. Maybe photo realism, were you can actually take a James Dean or Bruce Lee and make them real on screen with all new footage by manipulating thier past photo images.

belbel300
I think that ALL of Pixars animations have been awesome and so were Shrek 1 and 2 soooooooooooo, i really don't know what to vote for!!!

vaya_the_elf
I love shrek one, and two. Also love finding Nemo.

AdventChild
out of the poll i would have to say Finding nemo... in my personal opinion i would have to say the Incredibles...In a matter of fact incredibles be every cgi movie there is...in my opinion....

Wolfie
I say Shrek. It took the classic fairy tale and put a new spin on it. If something like Disney would've made it. Shrek and Fiona would have kissed and Shrek would have turned into a handome prince. But no, Fiona turned into an ogre. I love that idea, it's the movie for the ogres of the world.

powerfulone1987
Does anyone know who made the Shrek movies?

yerssot
DreamWorks or do you mean who wrote it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.