War sucks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Revan
War really sucks sad sad sad

dave123
yup sad

Mr.French
Amen

Baylin
Yes war does suck, but unfortunately its human nature to wage war therefore humans suck! sad

Rogue Jedi
there will always be war.

raven guardia
yes it does....stupid bush!!!! he should bring the troops home already. there is no point in us being there. I mean tons of them hate us anyways and dont want us there!! I mean look what they are doing to our troops the Iraqis are Barbaric!

Mr.French
lol. There is something wrong with my computor (i see dots on pictures) so i see christmas lights on the tree on your sig big grin

SuperSayinGoku
Look down

Rogue Jedi
the "holy war" going on in the middle east has been going on since the beginning of time.

Darth Revan
Yeah, you know what Goku, killing thousands of people is just SOOOOO COOOL! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Baylin
I vote we send Goku to war!

Darth Revan
I concur, doctor Baylin!

raven guardia
DR> I think this war will turn out to be like another Vietnam. fighting a war we should not be in. it should be their war.

raven guardia
No!......you are just being as bad as him when you say that

Darth Revan
yes

but regardless of how it turns out, it's still not a good thing... war never is. If it's to stop an evil dictator or something who's actually attacking other countries, sometimes it's necessary, but if it were my choice it would always be a last resort.

Baylin
No not really. Its just a bit sad that some people have to learn some lessons the hard way! sad

raven guardia
yes even if we do stop their dictator I most certain another one will take over. I mean we cant fight all their wars. eventually, we will give up...which should of already done.

I also believe bush is not even concerned about our troops OR the Iraqi people he is just trying to finish what hie dad didnt.

Rogue Jedi
lets start a kmc war.

SuperSayinGoku
Guys Im russian you know about the story that the world war 2 will never be beaten if there would be no america?? WELL GUESS WHAT ITS A BIG FAT LIE WHAT HAPPEND IS AFTER JAPAN ATTACKED AMERICA AMERICA FOUGHT A LITTLE WAR WITH JAPAN AND AFTER THAT IT JUST SAT THERE AND DIDNT HELP THE RUSSIANS BUT WHEN THE RUSSIANS WERE UNDER BERLIN THEY WERE AFRAID THE RUSSIANS WOULD TAKE OVER GERMANS AND TAKE OVER EUROPE SO THEY STARTED TO BUILD FORTS AND BARRACKS THERE LOOKING LIKE THEY WERE FIGHTING THE WAR BUT WHEN THEY WERE DONE RUSSIANS DEFEATED GERMANY BUT THE AMERICANS MADE A NECLUER BOMB WHICH THEY SENDED IT TO JAPAN AND KILLED THOUSAND OF INNICENT PEAPLE EVEN THOUGHT JAPAN SURRENDERED IT WOULDVE SURRENDERED ANYWAY BECAUSE THERE MAIN ALLY GERMANY WAS DESTROYED NOW YOU KNOW THE TRUTH GOOD.

raven guardia
RJ> sounds like fun

Darth Revan
I agree completely. Though I'm not sure that he even wanted to finish daddy's job... Nobody will ever know exactly what he was trying to accomplish.

raven guardia
this does not make war good.....so why do you have go war go?

SuperSayinGoku
Just because there are alot of war smileys big grin

Darth Revan
Um... and we care... why? I already knew that innocent people died in the war, innocent people always die in wars. Which brings me back to my original point: war sucks. If you're so pissed about how the US takes credit for winning wars, then why do you like wars, and why do you have the flag smilie in your sig?

raven guardia
well I think what bush is doing is very shady, he keeps asking our goverment for more and more money to go towards that war

SuperSayinGoku
Just telling you that AMerics is pitful!

Rogue Jedi
bush, like all other presidents, is just a crook.

raven guardia
okay all I must go for now but I will be back later

Darth Revan
bye raven

Darth Revan
I think that sometimes myself. And I see that you took the flag smilie off your sig.

SuperSayinGoku
Yep

SuperSayinGoku
And the most pitful part is that they teach children at school that america was the hero roll eyes (sarcastic)

Rogue Jedi
these suicide bombers freak me out.

Darth Revan
The most pitiful part is how we're supposed to pledge allegience to a country that kills thousands of innocent people, and whose leader seems to enjoy doing so.

Darth Revan
Yeah, suicide bombers are scary, but I don't go around watching for planes to fly overhead and crash into buildings.

SuperSayinGoku
Yep those bastards!! No wonder I never raise my hand up when the teacher needs someone to pronounce the pledge aligeance

Agent Elrond
Touchy subject. Keep this peaceful if u want it to last.
War does suck. If it can be avoided, that's good.

Rogue Jedi
war cannot be avoided. it will be here forever.

Agent Elrond
I wouldn't say that. Some sucked, but others were good.

Darth Revan
Yes, not all presidents were crooks. Bush is though.

Rogue Jedi
no, some were just less crooked than others.

Agent Elrond
Right now, Bush doesn't know what he's doing. he has no plan whatsoever. This is a political war. Political wars can be disasters. Remember Vietnam? Polititons (sp) ran it, not generals.

JKozzy
erm True...

Rogue Jedi
all politicians are at least a little bit dirty.

Tptmanno1
This is a bit that but whatever

Sorry Goku but you are just plain wrong.
The war would have been lost if America had not joined. But the same thing would have happened with Russia or Britan.
Saying Russia did everything is exactly like saying America did everything. This is not true. There are many reasons why the Axis lost the war. But it was mainly because the Axis powers tryed to fight a war on too many fronts. The front in France and Russia and Africa. What happened was Germany was running out of resources. The bombings of Berlin began to take their toll. then the German invasion of Russia stopped because of the mass miscalulation of invading during the wintertime. This allowed the Russians to push towards Berlin. Then at about the same time, the D-Day invasion allowed the Brit's and the US to push towards Berlin from the other side effectivly trapping the Germans. The Russians and the other Allies (British, US and others) to meet in the middle of Berlin. The exact areas of Germany that were controled by each country were divided up creating East and West Germany. Therefore the war wasfought equally by all sides.

Now the lesson on Japan and the Pacific Rim portion of WW2 is for another time.smile

Agent Elrond
I heard a theory that if Japan didn't attack the US and instead helped the Germans by bombing factories in Eastern Russia. W/O reinforcements from the east, western Russia would have fallen.

Tptmanno1
Maybe not.
The Reason Japan bombed the US is because we were boycotting the sale of oil to Japan. And they decided that they had to attack the US because they really need the oil and they couldn't get it unless they took over islands that were US allies. So instead of provoking the US to attack them, they decided to try and cripple the US fleet before attacking the US allies for materials and nessesitys. It was accually a very sound military plan, but an extrodanary coincidence (and most historical things are based on these kind of coincedences) had all the US aircraft carriers out at manuvers. so the fleet wasnt crippeld. Therefore the Japanese Empire might not have lasted as long without them attackin the US but we might not ever know.

Baylin
I've not been here for a few hours I take war still sucks then!

Tptmanno1
Yes.
The more you learn about war the more you learn how much it sucks.
I my limited experience. The people

Baylin
We should put our trust in the little round green vegetables if we're ever going to have world peas...

Tptmanno1
nope no world Peas. I will eat them. I am hungry.

Darth Revan
the term is "whirled" peas cool

mmm... whirled peas...

Tptmanno1
never heard of it.
aaaaannnnndddd this is the off topic forum! Thus everthing become off topic!

Darth Revan
oh, well it's a bumper sticker

Tptmanno1
oohh.....

GABRIEL05
How 'bout those prisoner abuses??!?? Looks like some of our soldiers out there aren't as peachy keen as we thought they were.

Darth Revan
indeed.

I'd love to talk more but I really should get a little sleep

KidRock
and your from russia? ok you communist go find your bottle of vodka and your winter jacket its gonna be a long winter. and saying that Russia did everything in WWII is the dumbest thing I ever heard and you have to be a complete dumb@ss to think that.

You think russia did the most in the war becuase they lost the most soldiers and civilians? MAYBE becuase Russians are idiots and didnt train there soldiers they just gave civilians guns a grenade and a GO DIE FOR THE MOTHER COUNTRY COMRADE and off they went to the front lines to get shot dead and you think russia did the most in WWII.. lol RIGHT

JediHDM
well if that isn't the biggest pile of BS i've read around here in a long, long time...but seeing as how TPTManno has already taken care of the European side of the War, i think i will cover the Asian side...If America had not dropped the bomb on Japan mainland, then Japan would NOT have given up. The Japanese were notorious for fighting till the very last man on the islands in the Pacific. Attacking Mainland Japan with troops would have had devastating consequences, the least of which is every man, and possibly the women, would have fought our troops. It would have been much worse than the Pacific islands, because the Mainland had numerous buildings in which Japanese soldiers could hide and ambush American Soldiers. It was a very hard decision for Truman to make, but he ultimately made the correct decision. I mean, we dropped an Atomic bomb on Japan because of the aforementioned reasons, and because they would not stop fighting. The fact that they would not give up, would not surrender, until after a 2nd bomb was dropped showed their determination to fight until either they were victorious or they were all dead. The civilian casualties, while numerous, were necessary to end the war in the Pacific. But the casualties would have been much higher if we had moved troops onto the mainland. I think that is pretty sufficient for now.

...later comes why Iraq is not another Vietnam.

Tptmanno1
thank you Jedi.
Hmm. I'd like to see your reasonings about Iraq. Might be a nice discussion/debate!

nazgulinthedark
no, the jappenesse people didnt surrender even after the first bomb, and you're telling me they surrendered before that?

JediHDM
laughing well...people usually don't like my reasonings about Iraq...too political/religious...

...but as i said i would remark on why Iraq is not another Vietnam, i will...When we entered Vietnam, there was a policy of containment in effect by America to prevent the spread of Communism. We entered the 'civil war' to stop the spread of communism. But we stayed for the wrong reasons. We made bad choices that cost many American lives for useless reasons. For instance, we did not actively participate. What i mean by this is, we did not try to aggresively follow the North Vietnamese into the North, but rather just sat around. If we had attacked, and moved forward, we would have had a much better chance at actually ending the war, much, much earlier than when we pulled out.

Also, the purpose behind the war in Iraq was to remove Saddam Hussein, a violent dictator, from power. It was not for oil, it was not to kill the man that tried to kill daddy, etc. If you want to know why France, Russia, Germany, did not enter the war, then oil is the reason. All three of those countries had agreements with Saddam hussein that would enable them to obtain oil for food, etc. when the UN bans were lifted. This is why those countries were actively against a coalition attacking and removing Saddam Hussein from power. It was in their best interests that Saddam stay in power.

Also, we stayed in Vietnam for political reasons, and left us in a war that lasted over a decade and cost countless American lives. Bush has made it clear that we will not be in Iraq for an indefinite period of time. He has even said that we will withdraw from Iraq if asked to, and there is the June 30th deadline. It will not last for years, it has lasted and will last, for 16 months. Despite the fact that we have not found WMDs (even though we know they had them at one time or another) we accomplished the mission of removing Saddam Hussein, and securing Democracy in a region that is not very democratic, to say the least.

well, that is a very informal, and very rough idea of why Iraq is not Vietnam...tptmanno, anything to add?

Raventheonly
All i have to say is that until we lose 100+ a day its not vietnam, we have truly never seen war... these casualty counts a laughable compared to prior engagements, not that they are not horrible. Our own revolution lasted 8 years mind you.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.