Spidermans web

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WWestFlashFan
is Spidermans web natural (bite) or is it in little web cartrages on his wrist??? in the old comics/cartoon its like C02 cartrages but in the movie its natural...........please tell me which ones real??!!

Linkalicious
The comic book is what most fans go by, a lot of Spiderman comics have been written in scenarios where Spidey either runs out of web fluid during a crucial fight, or occasionally someone like Reed Richards will use it's parts like McGuyver.

The organic webbing in the movie was kind of a cop out excuse so that the director wouldn't need to explain how he was able to shoot webbing so far and accurately.

Arachnoidfreak
In comic book continuity, his web is made of fluid and shoots out of web shooters that he made himself. in the movies they made it organic webbing because they had time restraints and it would take too long to explain all that.

ive never understood the time restraint thing though. scenes are edited out of movies only 90 minutes long becuase "it would make the movie too long", but we still see movies that are 3 hours long being released all the time. why not just make the 90 minute movie longer?

VENOMfan

VENOMfan

grassy
resident spider-ologist

VENOMfan
Indeed. cant recall any other types of webbing that are note worthy enuf to mention....but Ill give them a shot in a bit

Carnage's,Doppleganger's,Scarlet Spider's impact webbing and such

Arachnoidfreak
i remember Doppleganger...what happened to him?

VENOMfan
He got killed during the Maximum Carnage storyline. Shriek was having issues with Carnage and when he threatend her Doppleganger tried to protect her but Carnage killed him to teach her a lesson

basically his webbing Organic in nature threw a differnt form of pressure was able to shoot normal and sharp projectile webbing

Arachnoidfreak
damn, that guy was cool. woulda been cooler with a symbiote...

VENOMfan
Yeah he looked enuf like one.

Arachnoidfreak
i used to have an action figure of him...dont remember where i put it though

grassy
Carnage doesnt really have webbing does he? Its just the symbiote shooting off him? wink

VENOMfan
pretty much Carnage can use his Symbiote for basically anything.
snares,blades,swing line,projectiles bla bla bla

WWestFlashFan
VENOMFAN can you make me a sig with wolverine?

Asian Hulk
Can Venom Chased Spidey?

Red Superfly
ALWAYS GO BY THE ORIGINAL COMICS

Spiderman uses web-shooters.

The form of Spiderman as we know him, is the perfect balance of his mutation. It's really cool actually.

As Spiderman kept mutating (his Spider-powers were just the beginning of what was to come) he turned into a Man-Spider - only then did he get organic webbing that shot from his hands.

Maybe one day Pete will get organic webbing, but until that day comes, the writers are sticking (no pun intended) to his original powers.

Movie - he can shoot webbing conveniently from two slots that have miraculously appeared just under his wrists, hiding them from view too.

Comics - The spider bite gives him knowledge on how to make webbing (what ingredients to use and hoe to mix them perfectly) and only Peter Parker had the scientific intellect to secretly put 2 and 2 together and make these one-of-a-kind webshooters.

The comics make Spiderman look to be truly unique - wheras in the movie, pretty much ANYBODY could have been Spiderman. Only someone of Peters intellect could have made the webshooters, so if anybody apart from Pete was given the powers, you wouldn't have seen a web slinging Spiderman, just a Spiderman who could stick to walls, and jump and stuff.

ash007
indeed well done i agree

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.