PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS QUESTION or i lose 20$

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

beastnpyro
3 men and 2 chics went to a motel to check in.
the manager charged them 30$ for over night stay.
the 3 men contributed 10$ each to pay it up.
after a while the manager realized that hes made a mistake and shouldve juz charged them 25$ so the manager sent his son to deliver the 5$ change.
when the boy got there, he thought that it wouldnt be fair to give the 5$ change to the 3 blokes so he decided to give them a dollar each and he kept the remaining 2$.
so it ended up that the 3 blokes only paid 9$ each.
now... 9$ X 3 = 27$ plus the 2$ that ended up in the boys pocket makes 29$
where did the remaining dollar go???

PLEASE HELP...or ill lose 20 bucks....
sad sad sad sad sad sad

scope
i dunno that quetion sorry,oh well soz

Stormy Day
The Boy simply just rounded the money of because 25 divided by 3 is 8.8888888888888888888888888888.

beastnpyro
but whos got the 1$??
the guys couldnt have splet it between them cuz they should have got
$1.33 from the kid.
and the kid couldnt have it cuz hes got 2$
so who has the missing 1$???

bobcrickett
What Stormy said.

Also, the manager could have made another mistake and should have charged them 26.

JediHDM
Don't want to spoil it for anyone...so its in the spoiler tags...

Trick question...you aren't trying to get to $30, you are trying to get to $25. The three men payed $9 each, which is $27. The boy kept $2. This is $25, the cost of the rooms. There is no missing dollar.

scope
cool how u get a spoil tag like that hahahahaha i cool tell me plzplzplz?

scope
puh puh puh please

beastnpyro
the boy couldntve rounded it up cuz the story talked bout the guys only ended up payin 9$ each since they got their 1$ each... which makes it
27$.
and even if the manager made a mistake again... he doesnt have the missing 1$ cuz he gave 5$ to the boy...
sorry bout this...(cuz if you were my mate youd ask the same things and say the same things aswell)

forumcrew
haha i thought this was a joke at first no offense but wow.. how were you gonna lose $20 on this? if people actually cant figure that out i need to meet them

beastnpyro
YES! lolz.. thats wut ive been thinkin of but juz couldnt figure out... lolz..thnx..hhehe.. looks like i juz won my self 20$

forumcrew
beast.. you still dont get it? dont add the 2 the boy took subtract it and you get 25.. take the 30 minus the 5 the manager got rid of u get 25 bingo! by the way i offered this to my little sister whos 11 and she got it..

beastnpyro
our manager asked me and my mate this question (durin lunch last friday) and well my mate and i had a wager bout who can give a logical answer to it... and the answer that makes more sense wins 20$...

beastnpyro
i already got it....
actually... my original answer was they shouldnt ask for the 30$ since the manager gave back 5$.. basically.. the 30$ is out of the story....
problem was.. i dint know how to explain it to them

forumcrew
its not about whats more logical.. theres one correct answer theres no way to look at it a different way.. do you need me to break it down for you more so you can understand it better?

beastnpyro
and oh.. i forgot... even if i did subtract the 2$ that the boy took itll only be 27$ cuz 9 X 3 is 27....
but i already got the explanation that i can give them...

forumcrew
9x3 should never be used in the explanation! 3x10 = 30 to start then 30-5 means the manager has 25 then the boy has 5 he gives 1 to each man so -1-1-1 means each man has +1+1+1 the boy has 5-3 =2 so each man has $1 the boy $2 the manager $25 add those up you get the original $30

beastnpyro
ok.. i think u should break it down abit more...
cuz i juz realized...
the story was actually talkin about the original 30$
if the guys got back 1$ each...
the 3 of them ended up payin 9$ each (which makes 27$)
so basically... thats still over 25$ like wut yer talkin bout...

beastnpyro
why cant u use 9 X 3 if 9$ is what they all contributed since they got back a dollar?

i know im annoying... sorry.... embarrasment

beastnpyro
ok.. thnx... any mods around??? this thread can be closed now thnx.. hehehe

forumcrew
they didnt contribute $9 they contributed $10 and each got a $1 dollar refund and then look at it as the boy got a $2 tip by keeping it for himself

Captain REX
Tricky, Jedi, tricky...

How the hell are you btw?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.