Even thought its super early in the season, who will win the 2004 World Series?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Drifter101
hey i know the season started last month, but who cares, come september this is all they will talk about and im sure by then millions of threads would start and if i posted then i would be closed so i post now. so far there are many teams up for grabs, who do you think will be victorious?

DanZeke25
umm... you got the mets up there but what about the Phillies? The Phillies are tied for first i think. I'm not saying i think they're gonna win it i'm just saying they're doing better than the Mets.

wuTa
u cant look at the standings this early i mean who would of though that the marlins would've even had a chance at a paloff birth this time last year...if i had to pick a team off the top of my head i would say cubs or astros coz of there pitching

Linkalicious
I'm in no position to say because i'm not a huge baseball fan, but since it's an even closer team to home than LA, i'll say that the Anaheim Angels will win it all. I know that sounds front runner-ish. So if it makes you guys happy, i'm a 49ers fan in football and a Kings fan in Hockey....and both of those teams are going to suck for a while.

Drifter101
if ur an LA fan, why didnt u choose the LA dodgers

Drifter101
i forgot the phillies, i only could put 10 teams 5 national, 5 american

Linkalicious
I live in Orange County. Anaheim is part of Orange County. Los Angeles neighbors us to the north.

There isn't an OC basketball team otherwise I'd root them on instead.

Drifter101
k

badsymbiote
In the American League, I'd have to go with the Yankees, of course, the perennial favorites, but I also say watch out for the Tigers or even the ChiSox, who are always just a component away from success and a consistent pain in the butt for the AL teams tthat play against them. I'd love to say the Mariners could have a chance, but the front office and mangement's constant tinkering with the team's chemistry is definately having a negative effect and ultimately causing the team to spiral downward. Of course, I have to also mention some other AL west pains in the butt--Anaheim, Oakland and even Texas all have a viable shot at the thing.
In the NL, I like the Dodgers, who are finally beginning to get it together. The Cubs, Astros, Diamondbacks contention can primarily be attributed to their pitching rotations, and others worth a mention are the Cardinals, whom I've always loved, and the Braves, whom I've always LOATHED.

Drifter101
it does seem more competitive this year than others

Sarah15
You dont have the braves up there?? i vote for the braves

DanZeke25
If the yankees make the playoffs cause i think the red sox will get first, and they will have to get a wild card, as i was sayin if the yankees make the playoffs and face the angels they are gonna get knocked out.... thats one or my prediction for this year, angels will knock out yankees if they face each other in the playoffs.... my other prediction is it will either be red sox or angels vs. cubs or cardnals in the world series

Drifter101
interesting picks

Dr. Strangelove
I'm pickin the Red Sox. One problem I see with the Yankees in the playoffs is there are to many big egos. For example let's say A-Rod hits a double and Sheffield probably won't try to hit him to third instead going for the hit. I don't see this team making the small plays that the 4 year champion run Yankee's did and most champions do.

Drifter101
there are egos in the yankees yet if u have forgotten the egos in Boston, like Manny, and Pedro sometimes.

Dr. Strangelove
Although Boston does have egos they play as a team. Most of the Yankees Yankee hitters are built from free agency and are all stars. With the exception of Lofton and sometimes Jeter and Bernie most of Yankee hitters are going for their batting average. When you get to the playoffs your usually going to face great pitching not scrubs like Sidney Ponson or whatever that fatass name is. Pitchers in the playoffs get to study hitters tendencies and hitters have to become more selective and smart and do little things like moving runners over. The 4 year champion Yankees did the little things as good as any team ive seen. Also egos aren't bad as long as they come to play. Manny might make stupid comments and Pedro might be arrogant, but when it comes to the field those guys mash with the best of them. Now if you got a dumbass bum like sick Mondesi then it can hurt because he won't try as hard and can bring your club down.

Dr. Strangelove
Damn, the barfing smiliey didn't get to barf on Mondesi. mad

wuTa
you heard it hear 1st....Giants vs Red Sox in the world series

Dr. Strangelove
Personally I'm hoping for the series of all series if it wasn't for Bartman and Grady Little. Red Sox vs Cubs, Bambino vs Billy Goat.

wuTa
i;d like to that it could happen if both teams stay injury free

Dr. Strangelove
Just think how many times the Fox announcers would refer to Ruth and the Billy Goat. Hell, they would talk more about the curses than the game itself. smile

Drifter101
Matsui, u forgot him he doesnt have an ego at the plate.

Drifter101
seems mussina is gonna be out for a while even though he didnt do much, besides loose.

TaintedLove
the thing about the curses is this: boston deserves it for selling the best player of all time hands down. not trading, SELLING. secondly, i just find the cubs curse hilarious becuz it is so absurd. it doesn't even have anything to do with baseball or the cubs themselves, just some random disgruntled fan with a voodoo hobbie. and by the way, i gotta go angels. the fact that they are one of the elite teams in the majors despite a handful of injuries to key stars says something. plus, i love the way arte moreno runs the angels. he bought them as a true baseball fan, and has run the team accordingly.

Drifter101
yea selling the babe was a bad move but how did they know that he was going to be such a legendary great super star player he was

Drifter101
w/e

forumcrew
braves arnt even gonna make the playoffs.. for the first year in a while they arnt going to win their division.. they have a lot of things to work out i like them a lot but i disagree majorly with letting javy lopez go I also dont think the Yanks can beat the red sox in a 7 game series they have been getting stomped by the sox all season. With pedro and curt i think its finnaly the red sox year (randy and curt did it for arizona) not to mention boston has a few other very good starters

DanZeke25
and they have a great offense

forumcrew
yea they great offense got 1 hit today against SF then again Schmidt is amazing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.