Underrated anime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlackHatDefect
well...my overrated anime thread was sucessful...so anyway,which anime or manga do you think deserves more credit.It kicks ass but no one knows about it.for me its

Pita Ten-its from the creators of the hit anime/manga frenzie DiGi Chatat,hell after VL one of the manga,its even better than DiGiCharat,and the art is soo cute.

I My Me Strawberry Eggs-this is about a male teacher who is drvien to teach.After many failed jobs,his last resort is to teach at an all female teacherschool.But the principal is a sexist woman/even teaches her girl(and boy)students that men are dirt.So its Hidiki agaist the system in a new way..hes xdressing..BWAHAHA

Hot Gimmick-this ones about a poor highschool student whos blackmailed to be her creepy(but hot)neighbor Ryouki's slave.She thinks shes saved when her childhood boy buddy Azusa comes home,but all is not is not what it seems.this manga is about meeting all the wrong boys and falling in love at the most wrong times.

all these anime/manga are great,i think they deserve alot more credit,which do you ppl think do?

noc
Has anyone heard of noir?

sai12
Course we have!! I love NOIR!!

I own it all and have watched it several times. Though I don't think its really an anime for anyone!!

Lord Ganon
I say Fooly Cooly, many people think it sucks, but they don't really know how genius it is.

Sarlock
Star Ocean EX isn't very well known, and should be given more fame. smile

Movie_Geek_
Chobits!! IT has a lot of fan for it among me and my friends but a lot of people have not herd of it that I know. I bet a lot of people out side of us like it though.

Zen2nd
I got NOIR too!!! Didn't really get into until the 4th volume. I felt more for the characters then as much more was revealed and plus Chloe is such a cool character!

CorderaMitchell
fooly cooly

sai12
I think you guys are naming almost overrated anime.

It seems most people have heard of Fooly Cooly, Chobits, and NOIR.

As far as manga goes I'll put The Demon Ororon as one of the underrated ones. The art is "tough" in that anime. Straighter lines and harsher not so cute looking characters. MegaTokyo is also a bit underrated, for all that he's done to get out in the published manga world, it doesn't seem as if there is a very big fan base.

Anime is tougher, but I want to say Galaxy Angel. Its very cute and funny as well. Plus the whole cooking theme...

Movie_Geek_
It would be hard to name a underated anime or manga because then it wold no longer be underated.

Zatch_Bell
Gungrave anyone heard of it? It is the bomb.

EvilCap America
FLCL
Comic Party
Kaleido Star
DBZ/Yugioh
12 Kingdoms
Saiyuki

meatsandwhich
god fathers of tokyo
Berserker(KICK ASS)
the samurai x series
Samurai Champlo
Peace Maker

sai12
Originally posted by Movie_Geek_
It would be hard to name a underated anime or manga because then it wold no longer be underated.

That is almost true...

We should do OVERRATED anime!! HEhehe

matt_0189
I think that Pilot Candidate is badly under-rated. It's such a good anime yet so few have seen it as it got cancelled.

Sarlock
I quite agree with matt_0189
Candidate for Goddess (Pilot Candidate), was AWESOME. So short though, and was cancelled... I have the whole series, it was beautiful

Lana
I loved Candidate for Goddess....

Most of you guys are naming well known anime, though. FLCL, Chobits, Noir, Samurai X, Samurai Champloo, Berserker...all very well-known.

I'd say Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch. Let's see if anyone else has even HEARD of this.

matt_0189
What sucks is that the manga was cancelled too. I heard from Newtype that the writer took a break. It's said that he may continue the manga but the anime's fate is unknown.

Movie_Geek_
The thing is with "under_rated" manga and anime is that it gets a cult fallowing but not any attention and drops off the face of the earth which is sad b/c of those who do like it never see the end and those who would like it never get a chance

matt_0189
I think Shadow Skill was a little underrated and it's pretty good.

Lana
Most underrated anime is quite good.

noc
Originally posted by Zatch
Gungrave anyone heard of it? It is the bomb.

Gungrave is pretty cool ,but that harry a censored

Lumenesca
Quote from Lana: "I'd say Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch. Let's see if anyone else has even HEARD of this."

I downloaded it's sequel (Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch Pure) off animesuki. It was pretty cool.

Zatch
Originally posted by noc
Gungrave is pretty cool ,but that harry a censored I know the way he betrayed his best friend.

hallowicked
MANGAS
Dragon Knights
Kill Me Kiss Me
Liling-Po
Alichino
Eerie Queerie

MANWHA
Rebirth
PHD: Phantasy Degree
Ragnarok
Demon Diary

ANIME
Anything never before on AdultSwim for one thing... or Toonami or Cartoon Network

Anything w/ a question mark means I'm not sure.

hallowicked
Also in MANGAS: Juvenile Orion

Flame Alchemist
Scrapped Princess,Please!Teacher,an E's Otherwise are all great animes that no ones seem to heard of.

stormtrooper
Green legend Ran, MAPS,RahXephon.

Blue nocturne
1.Canidate For Goddess( This show was Great )
2.Furi Kuri ( Music rocked )
3.One Piece ( In the U.S. it's very underrated. )

Reeses
One Piece cause of the 4kids dub

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.