the ORIGINAL LoTh geeks!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlackHatDefect
I am not going to re-check this thread,so don't bother whining to me

I am utterly sick of all these people who claim to be long-time fans,and yet they have only beewn fans sence the first movie

In the begining as we all know,there was a nice,small cult following to mr Tolkian's books(excuse me spelling)
Hell i had only meet one other person before the movies that knew what LoTH was!
Now that the movies had come out,LoTH has become the ultimate geek(in a good way you guys)thing.Its super popular,and of cpurse,all these newbies are acting like they were fans from way back.
personally,i think its utterly sad.....

shadowy_blue
And what's the point of this thread?

orlandoOYEA
loth? though it was lotr.

Anyway i know you said dont bother to write back but i must, its in my nature. I agree and i can admit that i wasnt a fan until a i saw the first movie. I thought it was brilliant so i went out and bought the books. I loved the books and became obsessed. So yea, i wasnt a fan from the beggining and i can admit it, though there are peopel out there who believe they have been in it from the begining and they havent.

Agent Elrond
there is no point. that's the whole point

Trickster
Well if you're not prepared to state reasons for it, or take part in any sort of conversationg about your opinion, why post it?

Pure stupidity in my opinion.

Agent Elrond
Closing-------> closed

I wish

orlandoOYEA
It was in my nature to post, i love posting to stupid threads. Great Fun.

Oh i so wish i had the power to close

But i dont so life moves on

Agent Elrond
Time for some random talk.
How long will this last?
I give it 3 hrs

orlandoOYEA
I agree. Tops, 5 hours.

Has anyone even heard of the Blackhatdefect befor. I dont believe i haver ever talked to him/her before

Sauron
erm, why make it if your not going to check it?
dont you like to have your opinion challenged

actually i only became a fan after the first movie
i saw it
love it
rushed out and bought the books with the illustrations from the film on the cover (just like jackson did with the bakshi version)

the way i see it, is, i have read lotr, the silmarillion, some of the histories,unfinished tales etc etc, so who the hell cares WHY i started to read them

all that matters is that i did.

Agent Elrond
so true
I wan't even interest in FotR when it came out (nor HP), but now I am, and I just don't love the movies, but love everything to do with LotR and Arda

orlandoOYEA
Exactly.

Tassie
Oyea, i've seen him/her 'round the forums before... wish he'd come back and reply, I love seeing this forum roused by an arguement cool stick out tongue

shadowy_blue
Uhh, got any gum?

Cynethryth
I also think it's a little sad when people say they are total lotr fans but are too lazy to read the books... though I don't have anything against it, I mean you don't have to qualify to be allowed to call yourself "fan" messed I think there was already quite an interesting thread about it...
I just hate it when people think others aren't "worth" being called fans just because they became interested in LOTR after the movie... that's nonsense mad

I myself also started reading the books only about one or two months before the films came out

Sauron
(s)he is wearing a hat, so the hair shot wont work..,

Agent Elrond
15 more minutes

fini
MODS WHERE ARE YOU?????????????????????

Agent Elrond
10 more minutes. close

Storm
Guys, you' re always doing that. We can' t smell that there' s something going on. The report button has a function.

Sauron
mod guide dogs?

Agent Elrond
well, aren't u gonna close it?

Storm
You left me no choice but to close it. Topics you don' t like are turned into off topic talk. This could have been an interesting debate about how you define a LOTR fan. But apparently, you' re not in for it messed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.