Star Wars: the Tale/Tales of...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lurik
NOTE: Do not post in this thread. PM me for questions, etc.

The following thread is the beginning of many Star Wars:The Tale/Tales of... stories. These stories take place from before KotOR, to twenty years after ROTJ. The story in this thread is called Star Wars:The Tale of Ulid Euhr.
Ulid Euhr, (prononced U_LID ERR), is a smuggler-turned Republic commando who's past is a complete mystery. He showed up in the Old Republic military forty years after KotOR, and as I said, he is a complete mystery. He had a complete mind-wipe, and so he knows nothing of his past. All he knows is how good a damn pilot he is.

Lurik
Prologue:

The galaxy was beautiful, he had to admit.
He could perfectly see the many nebulae, stars, and planets in the sector.
And, of course, he could see the many starships, almost gliding through space nonchalantly.
There is no acion here, thought the Republic commando Ulid Euhr. I NEED action, though he impatiently.
Ulid Euhr couldn't remember anything about his past. He only felt. And what he did feel was that he wanted to fight. He wanted to defeat the Sith, he wanted to kill every last one of them.
No, I should try to be more like the Jedi, thought Ulid. I need to learn how to control my emotions.
Ulid rembered how Darth Revan, and his apprentice Darth Malak, had been driven to the darkside...well, he couldn't remember, because he hadn't been born yet. He wouldn't have been able to remember that anyways, since he couldn't remember anything since he'd had the memory-wipe.
BOOM!
An explosion rocked his ship, the Delirium, as a freighter ahead blewup.
Finally, thought Ulid. Some action.

Lurik
Chapter 1:

The Delirium rocketed towards Corellia, on a direct course towards the Jedi Academy of the planet.
I need answers, thought Ulid. Many, and long, answers.
A lot had happened during the months between the freighter explosion, one of those things being the re-establishment of the Dark Jedi Order. The full, and complete Dark Jedi Order.
The Krath were the sorcerous evil wizards of the Order.
The Obelisk were the keepers of the Order, and they were usually the most strategic of the Order.
Then, there were the murderous Sith, who followed the cult followings of the ancient Sith race. The Sith were usually the ones of the Order who scofed at strategy, tactics, and other such necessary tactical etc.
The Dark Lord of the Sith had re-arisen.
Ulid was sick of the Republic telling him "NO", and saying to be a "GOOD BOY". Thats basically what they told him, in between telling him to go to Korriban on secret missions of espionage. Then they'd say to go to Dantooine, to collect strange Jedi artifacts.
A signal on the comm alerted him to a query. He knew it wouldn't actually be a human. It would be a droid, as always. It would basically say, "The Jedi council of Corellia does not wish to partake in giving counsel to you at this time."
"Yes, this is the Delirium." said Ulid into the comm unit.
"Shuttle Delirium, state your business." said the familiar robotic voice.
"I wish to speak with the Jedi Council." said he blandly.
"Shuttle Delirium-" started the voice.
"Before you say no, I say yes. I will crash through the defenses if need be. I'm speaking ti the Council." said he forcefully.
"Shuttle Delirium, you are hereby granted permission to land at the Jedi Academy, or Enclave of Corellia."
Ulid stared at the comm unit blankly.
He'd said that before, but it had never worked before.
"Uh...okay?" Ulid said, warily.
Well, I'll finally get some answers, thought Ulid. Finally.

Lurik
When Ulid finally docked with the Academy, he suddenly felt very, very strange, and he felt like something bad was going to happen. He geared up, concealing his weapons. He hoped they wouldn't be found.
He lowered the cargo ramp to get off the Delirium, and was surprised to find that there was no Jedi guarding the ship.
Do they finally trust me? thought Ulid. First time for everything, I guess.

He knew his way around the Academy-he had once lived on Corellia, and had come often to the Academy, seeking answers to his past.
He had no idea how he had gotten to Corellia, because he knew, he somehow knew, that he hadn't been born on the planet.
Now he really noticed something weird-he hadn't seen one Jedi since he'd arrived.
On the second level of the Academy, he was met by a protocol droid who was named 9-4T3, (Nine-for-tee-three).
"Greetings, Master Ulid Euhr." said 9-4T3.
"Greetings," returned Ulid. "Hey 9-4T3, why aren't there any Jedi?" asked he.
"Why, Master Euhr, that is something you your self should know."
"And that is?" asked he forcefully.
"Why, they are off fighting the Dark Jedi, on numerous different planets." said 9-4T3 knowingly.
"Oh, oh yeah...I forgot..." he truly had forgotten. He had forgotten about all the death, all the death of Jedi, and Republic forces alike...
"Now, Master Euhr, the Council awaits." said 9-4T3.
"Yes, I am finally ready." said Ulid, and he was.

Lurik
When Ulid arrived at the Council chambers, he saw some familiar Jedi faces, yet most of the Council was gone.
Fighting, he remembered. Fighting for the Republic.
But why? The Republic was hoplessly doomed, and the stupid politicians of the Republic were really screwing up the main assault against the Datk Jedi.
There, he thought. There he is.
"Ah, Ulid Euhr, what brings you here, to the Academy of Corellia?" said High Jedi Master Councilman Valuur Tokare-the beloved brother, of the famous-or infamous? which was it?-Vandar Tokare, Jedi Master and High Councilman himself.
Ah, thought Ulid. Now Master Vandar was a true hero. He himself faced off against the current Dark Lord of the Sith, Darth Lurik, and his master, Lord Darth Revan.

Yes Revan.
Years before, about forty-one, Revan had been defeated, and was thought to have been killed. Thought to have been, atleast.
But then Revan reappeared. He hadn't died, nor had he been killed. He had been kept alive, his mind had been wiped, and the Jedi had used him.
He didn't know what happened to Revan, for all he knew, Revan had redeemed himself, and stayed on the path of the light. But even if he did, he eventually still turned back into what he had once been. Killing the Dark Jedi that had threatened him, and retaining the mantle of Dark Lord of the Sith.
What Ulid knew of Lurik was that he had been the friend of Revan when Revan had been used by the Jedi. This Darth Lurik was much like a younger Revan: headstrong, brash, and extremely brave.
And he too had fallen.

Ulid had learned his knowledge of the Jedi, Sith, and other related information from Master Tokare.
"Master Councilman Tokare, I seek information the Jedi Council has withheld from me." said Ulid, trying not to anger the old Jedi.
"Hmm, perhaps it is time for you to know what I can say. To learn what I have learned of you, yes? Perhaps." And with that, the elder Tokare smiled at Ulid, and he could see a startling twinkle in the Jedis' eyes.

Lurik

Lurik
^Del Ray Books, not Del Rat.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.