Every Superpower Comes With A Curse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

X-MENFORUM.COM
Every Superpower X-Men have, come with a curse that changes their life for the worse... (e.g. Rogue/Touch, Cyclops/Look etc.)

Which specific character do you think is worse off in relation to its' superpower/curse ?

Regards,

Lady_Eowyn3
definately rogue, i mean she can't touch people and she can't touch remmy :'( it's soooo sad

Emma718
Rogue...she can't even touch the people who means so much to her...it's sad

cLoVi€
cryremy, coz he can't touch the ona he love...

ok... it is coz of rogue's power... *sigh* sad

The Vodkanator
Shadowcat, hasve you ever thought of her? Not being able to touch anything nor anybody, falling through the floor, that has to be hard, worse than Rogue.

Chamber cry his face blew up sadsad

flavinho
but can't Shadowcat control her power? like, she only falls or be invulnerable when she wants...so for me it's Rogue...

Cyclops
Cyclops cannot look at things with his own eyes. Well, he could, they would just be blown apart

RoguePw25
Shadowcat can control her power, so it's not like she just falls through walls and stuff without wanting too. In fact, her power would be really neat cuz people wouldn't be able to touch you.

My vote is Rogue. She can't turn her absorbing on or off.

The Vodkanator
hey but what IF she couldn't control it?

-_- you just don't get me, mates

darkphoenix
Hum.. Rogue or Chamber. But there are some other ones too.. I mean, Artie or Leech, anyway, the one who cannot talk, Beast in his blue and hairy form, Angel, I mean come on, try to blend in with two wings stuck to your back.

And frankly, I think the most obvious gift/curse superpower is telepathy. It's awesome to know other peoples thoughts but can you really live with what people really think of you? So, all the telepaths..

Cyclops
Dont give them a reason to think bad thoughts of you. (Besides, what about Mel Gibson in 'What Women Want?') big grin

cLoVi€
she would fall down and reach the centre of earth and die in suffer.

flavinho
not trying to make this a Kitty thread, but does gravity acts on her when using the power? (she loses her weight, so gravity shouldn't act, should?)

flavinho
i've just realized that telepathy rock lol

cLoVi€
i dunno. confused

but it was nice to imagine her fallin down and down, and down.....

JeanGreyDP
It seems that gravity does act when she uses her power, but you bring up a good point it doesn't make much sense.

I'd have to say Rogue or Chamber- but probably Rogue that really sucks.

As for Cyke, his mutation is probably real uncomfortable
Beast- I wish he could get a hot girlfriend who doesn't care that he's a beast!

and telepathy- yeah it sucks for Jean sometimes, because mostly she has trouble shutting it out so she gets other peoples, thoughts, nightmares, etc.

The Vodkanator
she's keep on falling down.. yeah.. to the centre.. yeah.. then she'd burn!

Devalion
Most of them have their difficulties......to mention a new one (I think) Marrow.....? What about her?

eleveninches
Well no. she wouldnt.

First of all, if she could pass through anything then she would phase through the gravitons (particles that cause gravity), and therefore would not be affected by them. Also, even if she did fall to the centre of the earth, she would not burn because she could phase through the lava, and therefore avoid being burnt.
On the plus side, it would make going to the toilet a lot easier for her rolling on floor laughing

The Vodkanator
ew... oh well.. then is she would keep on falling then... damn! it'd never stop! i mean she would keep on faling for the whole damn universe! MULTIVERSE! i dunno!!!

eleveninches
The point is that if she can fall through anything, then she would phase through the things that cause her to fall, and would only really move around when she wanted to.

The Vodkanator
and keep on falling and falling and falling......

eristole
gravity really doesnt have an effect on kitty's power..
all those times that she fell through the floor while sleeping and stuff.
she was really just having dreams about falling... which caused her
to phase .. down.

gambit88
but still there are the xmen that their powers don't affect them much like xavier he's the strongest and his power didn't hurt him in anyway then theres remy who can't touch rogue but his power doesn't affect him

eleveninches
Now that iceman cant turn back into human form and is permanently ice, what happens if he melts??

flavinho
Topic whistle i'm not trying to be a mod, but...

FieryPhoenix
Rogue's has to have the worst flaw, since she can't touch anyone.sad She can touch Colossus in metallic form though. smile

Cyclops would be next since everything he sees is red. sad

eristole
it depends on what time your talking about, Rogues power when manifested would have little to no impact on her.. it would take a toll
eventually i'm sure.. but if your a latent telepath and one day you wake
up and your just hearing mass floods of voices popping into your head.
your going to freak out and possibly think your insane.

cyclop's would be bad too, especially if it was manifested when he was sleeping..
it would be charging all night then he just wakes up and blows a hole
through his house.

or Icemans, everything around him just freezing when he touch's it..

when you learn to control em, yeah everythings cool.. but when your a
teen and the world just starts freaking out.. i'm sure it would be life
shattering, one minute your thinking about girls, homework and stuff..
the next you blow your house up...

DezW
eeer... but the people never wanted to kill Cyclops, Iceman or Rogue cuz they are mutants. but Kurt... sad

manjaro
I think all of those characters are viable choices(not), but you blantantly overlook the most obvious one. Hello?? Does anybody remember a guy named Black Bolt? Just imagine (sniff) going through your entire existence having to wear a heavy, clunky vibranium suit to absorb whatever sound that might escape, for your merest whisper can level an entire mountain side. (Which he has be shown to literally do that by the way) You woudnt be able to communicate with your loved ones. No asking dad for allowance,(sniff) no asking your girlfriend for a kiss, no asking someone for directions if youre lost. Have you any idea how frustrating it would be, to be able to talk but having to learn sign language, or hope that a telepath is in close proximity? NOT ONLY THAT! what about those mundane sound causing activites we take for granted like burping, sighing, yawning, or even breathing. So think about that, when youre feeling sorry for Rogue and Cyclops.

Alita
The one I can think off the top of my head (other than Rogue) is Penance. It must be aweful to have your body hard as dimond and your sking being so darn sharp that you can barely touch someone without making them bleed...

Iceman22
DezW, not trying to bug you, but they did indeed try to lynch the icedude. When his powers first manifested, the local sheriff had to lock Bobby in jail for his own sake, till Cyclops an the Prof came and save him.
But back to topic:
Every mutant has probably a "curse" psyhically, mentally or an other way.
Everyone says Cyke or Rogue, but what about Nighty's (or the other not human looking - like guys's) appearance?
The energy manipulators(like Havok, Magneto, etc..) before they were able to control they're powers and of course Manjaro and Alita give here also fine examples.
So I dont think there 's a mutant with the worst curse, it's proportional to each of them.

Be@st
Storm also had bad luck with her powers in the start (she almost fried some children while tryin' to escape from the police)...but I think that those like beast, and nighty are the biggest victims because so many people wanna kill 'em as soon as they see 'em.

flavinho
the problem is that other mutants CAN control their powers after a while, thus it's not that hard to live with them anymore, while Rogue has no control of her power, that makes it a curse...and Nightcrawler too, as his appearence doesnt change (not talking about that Evo thing roll eyes (sarcastic) )

Pao
neither does Beast no

Be@st
There is one more curse with superpowers...they make some think they're very very superior coughmagneto,pyro,etc.cough

X-MENFORUM.COM
Well yes, snobbishness is definetly a curse and a trap that they fall in all the time...

Lord Ryugen
Nightcrawler and Beast have it pretty rough. At least the others have some sembalence of normality, but when people see a giant blue ape thingy and a smaller blue demon thingy, they'll be damm lucky if the people just faint instead of reaching for the nearst weapon.

Bojangles
banshee...he cant ever scream for joy crybaby

bardock
wolverine he lives for like three or four genarations so all of his friends and family while die. and he will still live to be lonely. he could hook up with a lady now but she woul die and he would live. all his loved ones dead that would suck.

VENOMfan
Nightcralwer, Beast, Mystique those kind of mutants have it the worst

powerfulone1987
Storm's power has no negative points, she's all good.

Paola
I know being claustrophobic isn't a power but.... Storm has it..... that's a negative thing, I think, don't you think? big grin

Darth Jello
Sienna Blaze in theory, since she risks destroying the earth with each use of her powers. on the otherhand she doesn't care.

Gamesmaster and threnody have it the worst. they are omnipaths and hear the thoughts of everyone on earth every second of their lives.

Jury
I may say.. it's GAMBIT

Proof ...

GAMBIT: I came t'help, Rogue, find some way t'stop ya hurtin'.

ROGUE: How're you gonna do that, Remy? It's too late to change your past! This one is too big -- It hurts too much -- to just ignore! How can ah ever love you -- really love you -- if ah can't trust you?

GAMBIT: An' how can I ever love you, if I can't touch you?

So who got de worst curse?

big grin

Be@st
yes there is one...her powers can easily get out of her hands...so if she's not carefull enough she can easily kill many peepl or destroy something (read the ultimate x-men)

powerfulone1987
Yeah, I forgot about that, she has to control her anger as to not go out of control and destroy the world, and Paola, I know she is claustrophobic, but I was talking about power related, she would have that phobia even if she wasn't a mutant.

Paola
yeah.... but being a claustrophobic hero..... makes it harder than just bein a normal claustrophobic human

Shadow_King
i think sauron has it bad.

Jury
Rogue has it the worst.

Shadow_King
who cares about rogue.

Jury
At least most of us here.. care for Rogue... and I don't care if you don't care for her.

Shadow_King
rogue=too much attention.

What about blob how do you think he feels when he has to walk down the street.

Jury
That was his mistake.. he eats too much... he should have been blamed for what he became.

But you cannot blame Rogue for what she had all her life.

Shadow_King
what about night crawler he has a curse

Jury
A curse, if that is, which made him a cool X-Man.

powerfulone1987
Yeah, I guess you are right,lol. cool

powerfulone1987
You could have stated the curse.

Shadow_King
he's blue like a demon.

Jury
If not because of what he looked like... He wouldn't be called the Nightcrawler in some matter... or shall we say in mutant identity.

powerfulone1987
Do yall know what's up with his skin color at the begining of X2, he was white at first then as you continued to see him his skin little by little turned blue.

Shadow_King
i guess he put on white makeup

Jury
Aren't X-Men supposed to deal with "MUTATION", if you care to understand?

Shadow_King
what does that have to do with what power had to say.

Jury
I dunno why you can't understand that. It was not my problem anyway.

powerfulone1987
What the f**k? I don't know what any of that had to do with Nightcrawler being white and then the next minute being blue but ok.

Shadow_King
jury i am tired of arguing with you in every thread. i argue with a lot of people so i wont argue with you ok. and i will say this. I dont understand .ok u happy now. great.

Jury
I'm not arguing, in the first place. I juz came here to help... at least to help. Okay.

Nightcrawler blends in shadow. So it would be nicer to color him with dark ones rather than pink, right? And the artist had just made it right when he colored Kurt with blue. To make the character adorable... and with sense, 'coz he got his color from his mother Mystique. I dunno. Maybe.

cool

Shadow_King
i dont care jury anymore about night crawler

moria mactaggarts son has it the worse.

Shadow_King
you have to watch the 90's x-men show

Shadow_King
to understand what i mean

Jury
oh you mean Dr. Moira McTaggert?

Shadow_King
yea

monaroCountry
How about Franklin Richards (FF), whats his curse? Way too powerful with hardly a worry in the world.

powerfulone1987
Toad has it pretty bad too, with the green slimy skin and his mutation causes him to like eating flies.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.