So we come to it at last, The greatest DVD of our time

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Discos
Well, ya know me, i had a look for a thread which was to do with rotk dvd

I am just waondering what your plans are for tomorrow, as in how are you going to buy the dvd and where from and your expected price topay

I will pay any price I say, and shall be getting it from Tesco which is at the very edge of town (luckily for me the edge of town is across the road and all i have to do is jump some neighbours back garden lol)

I will be getting up at 7am and going down at 8am and buying it!

Thorondor
well not to make you all jealous or anything...but i already have it MWUAHAHAHAHHAHA...my friend works for the sound and vision part in sainsburry's and she got me a copy big grin

shadowy_blue
I don't think I'll be getting it. messed

I already have a copy of the theatrical version, you see. I just want the EE. big grin

Cynethryth
shifty shifty

I also think Il wait for the EE (if possible stick out tongue though Im not sure if Il survive that ^^)

Thorondor
does anyone even know the release date of the ee?

Melani
.. when is the release for EE?? blinkmessedwacko .. im waiting for the EE also stick out tonguestick out tongue

Discos
i am getting them both

I have got the other two in EE and theatrical

Thorondor
im waiting for the RoTK EE before i buy the other two

Cynethryth
Not yet,
But something about August was mentioned several times wink

shadowy_blue
All we know is that it's coming on November, but we're still not even sure yet. stick out tongue

shadowy_blue
aacckkk!! Exa!!! eek!

Cynethryth
Lol - what?

The official date is "holiday 04", others say "summer", and I heard August from several sources

sooo actually they're all the same
So I think it's the "real" date wink

would make sense I think as the theatrical version was also released three months earlier than the others

shadowy_blue
LOL! I was just excited! happy big grin

Discos
oh yea, miffed: get excited for her

Discos - I shall be in the void

Thorondor
shadowy gets excited very easily stick out tongue

shadowy_blue
LOL, you guys..laughing stick out tongue

manny321
I got the dvd and a new surrond sound system !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agent Elrond
Messa want the DVDesss

Fëanor
i was gonna wait for the EE, but i don't think so now...

Discos
can't beat my surround sound, hooked up with 7 (yep 7) cabs which also go through my 8ohm cd player speakers

Discos - oh ya baby

OrliNElijahsGrl
*screams* I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!! Tomorrow is the day!!!! *is very excited* ahhhhhhhh as soon as i get off of work between 1pm and 2pm, im rushing over to wal-mart and getting it, WOOOHOOO im excited! IVE BEEN WAITING FOREVER FOR IT TO COME OUT! wahoooo and it comes out tomorrow!!! the strangest thing, i saw a rotk commercial and it said it was out on dvd now...so i had this feeling that maybe it came out a day earlier, lol so im prob gonna go to wal-mart later and make sure!

Fëanor
whoah!!! slow down there pahd'ner...'taint out yet till tomorrah...leasts here in the states...know what i mean?...

CAN'T WAIT EITHER!!!! *i'm such a dooork* stick out tongue

Discos
me too, its been fairly a while since

Januray......christ its been over 5 month since I have seen the one and only

Aurora
It is being released here at 12:01am..... so A.D. and I are gonna have a late night big grin

OrliNElijahsGrl
wooohoooo!!!!!!!! its been since December 17th that ive seen the movie and im having serious ROTK withdrawls!! Everytime after it was released in the theatre that i went to go see it again, it was sold out! It was sold out everytime i went, and sold out the whole time it was there, every night, growl! BUT yes...FINALLY i am able to watch it over and over..and the trilogy back to back *screams* i cant wait!!!!!

Fëanor
*covers ears with hands*... stick out tongue

OrliNElijahsGrl
wooopsy im sorry, did i hurt your ears by screaming? im sorry *hugs*

Fëanor
aww...*huggles*

wait...too...tight...*gasps* sick ...need...air... big grin

OrliNElijahsGrl
LOL! hahahahahahaha *lets go* did i hug too tight? ahhh i sorry i sorry!! lol

Fëanor
nah...i'm fine...really...i don't mind lookin' like walking cutout...hehe

OrliNElijahsGrl
hahahahahaha thats funny, i cant wait for the dvd, man im going NUTS, the rotk withdrawls are killing me bad!! i mussssst see it again preeeeeecious

Discos
lol@feanor huggles!

i cant wait either, seen it 5 times in the cinema, must say 5th time no one went with me lol, everybody seem the madness in my eye

ladygrim
i'll get the dvd when ever i get paid ... still waiting to get paid from a month ago

OrliNElijahsGrl
Ooooo that sucks lady, well i hope you get paid soon and then you can get it!!! wooohoo!

immmmmmm sooooo excited!!

orlandoOYEA
I shall get it... when i get money...as of right now i have 2 dollars, a paper clip, and some lint...dont think that will get me it

OrliNElijahsGrl
Probably not orlandoyea, but i hope you get more money and are able to get it....im getting it tomorrow when i get off of work..thank god im first cut, ill be out of work between 1 and 2, and then im rushing to wal-mart to get it (praying that it wont be sold out) that dvd is whats gonna be on my mind the whole time i am at work!!

orlandoOYEA
Ah yes, i will see if my friend can lend me some cash. Doubt as i have forgotten to pay her back several times before. Well perhaps if i get on my hands and knees. Yes, that will do it.

OrliNElijahsGrl
Lol or you could always threat biting off her fingers if she didnt, hahahahaa!

Im just a little hyper (LOL@Nichole and her inner gollum!)

Discos
lol is it only me and OrliNElijahsGrl who is excited for tomorrow and the only people who seem to be getting it tomorrow

Discos - right thats it, i'll be in the void having a pint miffed:

OrliNElijahsGrl
HAHAHAHAHAHA it seems like it, lol!!! I havent seen another post from anyone else saying they were excited, looks like we are the only ones right now who are extremely excited to get it and are getting it tomorrow!! muahahaha

*hands discos a pint* muahh! CHEERS! to us getting the dvd tomorrow and being excited!

Fëanor
oh....nonononono...i'm just as excited if not more so than all of you....AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!...i'm gonna get it tomorrow also...tis 4:22 pm and counting...

OrliNElijahsGrl
LOL!!! WOOOHOOO we have another ROTK excitmenter! wooohoo! its 7:29pm and counting......WAHHHHHOOO! I bet im more excited than you though...MUAHAHA!

Fëanor
4:37 pm

OrliNElijahsGrl
7:41pm! HAHAHAHAH

Fëanor
4:45....AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA....*weezes*

Discos

Fëanor
^^*me jealous*...for now that is

5:07pm

OrliNElijahsGrl
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA! 8:02pm! muahahaha

Phoenix
This thread is to commemorate the arrival of the RotK DVD and VHS.

Who has seen it yet?

What do you think of the special features?

What do you find suprising, that you didn't remember from the cinema?

Mistakes?

Will anyone actually be here today, or will we all be watching RotK? laughing out loud

We need to organise a simultaneous viewing! big grin

badkittykitty
you can count me in phoe! but I won't have it for another 5 hours

Phoenix
oops, I'm stupid! big grin I had a quick lookie before I posted, but I've just seen another thread lurking at the bottom of the page! big grin

I've already asked for the MergyMergyness!

Phoenix
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f34/t294937.html

Machete_guy
RotK just cam out in australia..where do u live Pho..cuz australias always suppose to be last in movies stick out tongue

Phoenix
I live in England - Cambridge, actually. ((Just to be a show-off! big grin))

Phoenix
Although Cambridge ain't all that. Ok, the University's lovely, the Cathedral's impressive, and the Cam is great for punting in the summer... but the buses are smelly and there's litter everywhere!

Discos
well thats me just back from the shops....oh look what I have in my hands, a dvd? what is this trechery?

Return of the King, baby!

Storm
grrrrrrrrrrr, rub it in sad
over here, we have to wait till the 27th sad

Discos
mwahahaha

yep, any little random loser from my area has the option to buy or not to buy the dvd as of today big grin

anyways as I said I cant watch it till roughly 4pm when I get out of my exam sad

Discos - feeling the pressure

nazgûl-lord
yeah it bites
you can only rent it for now

Discos
Yo Naz how its doing?

rent it....pfft,

Tassie
yeah looks like I'll have to be renting it too sad grrrr... the price of living in the caribbean

Or I can rent the DVD, and never return it smile That way, I still get it big grin ((Like I did for a few other VHSwhistle ))

Fëanor
*bashes discos on the head...takes DVD...runs off*

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

nazgûl-lord
Stop rubbing it in
i'm really suffering down here sad

Fëanor
half an hour or less from now it will be in my hands....HAHAHAHA!!!!

Creechuur
I just got Return of the King for $15.99 at Circuit City. Best price I've seen, just wanted to let everyone know in case youre able to get to one yourself.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have "hours of special features" to watch, teehee!!!!

Kaleanae
I'm going to wait for the Extended Version

Cynethryth
no expression

cry

And moi has no money for it *cries*
Will have to wait for the EE sad sad

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f34/t294937.html
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f34/t294350.html
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28374

Creechuur
Why wait, get' em both!!!!

Cynethryth
Nice idea,

But as I said - do not have the money sad no EE will have to suffice

Pipage558
Hey I get them both too!

Discos
well just finished watching it with my ultra surround sound baby!

its finished sad

am watching the bonus disc, peter jacksons story.....hurra!

Pipage558
is it good discos!?

OrliNElijahsGrl
*comes back from wal-mart with ROTK in her hands* WOOOOOHOO! I HAVE FINALLY GOT ROTK!!!!!! FINALLY! FINALLY! FINALLY! YEAH BABY!!!! I have been waiting for this day to come FOREVER and now my constant withdrawls of not seeing it for so long has finally ended, i have the masterpiece FOREVER AND EVER!!!! WOOOOOOOO!! I have to work a damn double tonight at work, ill be out around 7:30pm, when i get home...im watching american idol....then watching ROTK! yeah baby! YEAH BABY! omfg im so excited!!! I HAVE ROTK NOW!!

Fëanor
hiya...ooh! wait a minute...what's this? can it be...do i have in my hands the rotk dvd? why...yes i do!!! oooh! and what else...? entertainment weekly magazine dedicated to lotr with stories and pictures from all three movies, behind the scene pics and a small synopses of what's to be on the EE? why yes I do!!!!

ON TO NOVEMBER!!! eek!

Discos
yeah its quite good, it tells us how he almost never got to make the productions

New Line Cinema rule!

Pipage558
alright! Go New Line!

Phoenix
big grinance: does happy dance Happy Dance watched the dvd AND special features! I thank you! big grin

Discos
hurray, i posted this in the tig party but did ya see the spoof in the directors vision?

Gandalf: "even now, behind the walls of Mordor, our enemy is regrouping....ball*cks"

Fëanor
oi...don't spoil me surprise yet yeah stick out tongue

Discos
tough, you read it

Fëanor
roll eyes (sarcastic)

badkittykitty
yay! got it! just watched and am going to watch again...right about now!

Agent Elrond
am i the only one w/o it?

shadowy_blue
I don't have it too. I wouldn't be buying it. I'm waiting for the EE instead. smile

Agent Elrond
i'll buy both when they come out

<<Solo>>
I bought it.....WOHOOO!

mikeysgothicgur
I haven't bought it yet but, when I have some extra cash in my pocket I'm going to go do some major DVD shopping!

Creechuur
Am I the only one that thinks the extras on disc 2 kinda...well...suck?

I kept seeing the same footage and hearing the same voiceovers on almost every documentary and featurette. I know the real meat of the extras will be in the Extended Edition, but disc 2 is pretty thin.

That being said, the movie rocks and I am happy to finally be able to watch the whole thing at home. Thank you Peter Jackson, and everyone else who had anything to do with making this masterpiece.

Cynethryth

Tassie
^^hopefully not messed Cuz I'm not getting it either...

is this a sexist thing stick out tongue how come most of the guys have it, and only a few girls don't

Discos
I somewhat, sort of agree with you. I was dissapointed not seeing the EE advert or making of ya know?

The first "page" of the bonus disc was not bad and the super-trilogy-trailor was awesome!

Discos
perhaps for these reasons

1) don't have chash
2) wont tell people they have bought it
3) waiting for the EE to come out
4) perhaps there are more guys on this forum?

Fëanor
and here's my opp on why the guys got it...

1 - beg, borrow and steal
2 - say they have it to rub it in to those that don't
3 - couldn't wait for the EE...likw everything else...we're "quick" wink
4 - and there are more guys on this forum...

on another note to those who've got it...did anyone else think at the end when the 4 hobbits were at the Green Dragon, that the hobbit carrying the pumpkin looked a lot like the actor who plays smeagol??? or was it just me??

A.D. Skinner
You mean Andy Serkis ???

Hmm, interesting

Thorondor
just you feanor....i played it with the subs on so now i know what they say that i couldn't make out at the pics

Cynethryth
eek! eek!

And I thought I was the only one who thought so... my friends never believed me when I told them stick out tongue

Discos
ha I actually did think he remembered me on someone but couldnt put my finger on it, but now you mention it serkis would be a matching fit lol

Discos
Everybody knows people bought it because of the Eagles!

Thorondor
i have to agree with discos

edit on the eagles thing not the pumpkin man

Discos
lol look at thor's sig, doesn that say something

it looked like the eagle below Gwaihir whilst carrying Frodo from Mount Doom (may have been Landroval, but think he was carrying Sam) looked like his wings were away to cut frodos face

Cynethryth
offtopic sad

Thorondor
laughing i was thinking the same thing....like ooooh that's gonna hurt so much if that eagle hits him

Fëanor
big grin ...crack the whip Cyne...

so it was andy serkis(sp)...i just looked again...the hair is diff but the ear is the same...plus they made him up to look a little healthier than when he was smeagol...

Cynethryth
roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

So it's really Serkis? I don't have the DVD, can't look for it sad

Healthier? OH yea lol big grin but thats not really difficult stick out tongue

Fëanor
yep...i'm gonna put it on my comp and do snapshot of both for comparison...

Discos
sorry Cyn

well, I have watched it twice now, yesterday and earlier this afternoon.

for some reason I really hate the shelob scene, perhaps as it isnt my thing ya know.

The dvd features is a little downer as Feanor said (or trickster, cant remember),

Discos - but we shall watch it....none-the-less roll eyes (sarcastic)

Thorondor
lol i like how it says sean bean on the back of the case when he gets like 2 seconds screen time laughing

OMG how good are the drawings in the creds big grin

Cynethryth
YEY eek!

btw, I only have the one of Faramir... does anyone have pix of the others, especially of those where there were tengwar writings in the background? smile

Discos
I mostly watched the drawings of the buildings

Fëanor
i'll take a look...btw...did PJ take a reference from the movie Hunchback of Notre Dame when they came up with the make up for the orc who led the assault on minas tirith?

Discos
hehe, crap I forget his name

Glurg, Gothmog....*keeps guessing*

Fëanor
i think it was gothmog...

Cynethryth
ot
Aye, Gothmog (Sindarin "Foe-hate", meaning "Morgoth's hate"wink, named after the lord of the Balrogs, Gothmog in the first age, the son of Melkor stick out tongue

/ot

Fëanor
after some time...i'm not so sure anymore if it is...you decide...

http://img52.photobucket.com/albums/v160/feanor1113/smeagol.jpg

Creechuur
The Hobbit w/ the pumpkin looks more like Deagol than Smeagol, but I haven't actually compared them.

Discos
nah I say it was someone else, the guy with the pumpkin I may of remember from Bilbo's party.....the one at the wooden ale thing smile

Kitoky
We have the original DVD but we're planning on getting the Extended in November too - I didn't know there were so many TV specials that they added on the special features disc. I think for Two Towers, they only had one. The National Geographics one was interesting, how they compared historic figures with the LotR characters (such as Aragorn, Grima, etc.).

A.D. Skinner
Aurora and I watched the special features last night, and I for one was dissaponted that certain scences and interviews were duplicated in the different featurettes.

We were also talking and hoping for some kind of gag or blooper reel !

I think it would be funny to watch Gandalf screw up his lines ! laughing out loud

Discos
he did screw up his line, the first feature "a directors vision"

Cynethryth
eek!

yey, found Denethor and Wiki big grin
The others are still missing sad

@Fea
interesting comparison yes

They really look nearly the same blink

Thorondor
miss exa they work not and im a member on that forum stick out tongue

nothing compared to this though

Cynethryth
I apologize wink

Discos
ah great stuff,

Discos - Into The West!

Cynethryth
Does anyone have Eowyn? Does Boromir appear in it?

Thorondor
yea kit has the drawing of boromir in her sig

Discos
yeah there was a boromir one

Discos - and it is in her avy stick out tongue

Fëanor
Eowyn...

Fëanor
boromir...

Discos
cheers man

Cynethryth
eek! eek! THANK YE! happy

Fëanor
all are welcome...any other requests?

nazgûl-lord
i finally have Return Of The King
I just watched itbig grin

Cynethryth
Would you happen to know if there are any Tengwar texts among the illustrations? I dimly remember one I think...

Discos
requests belong on the image request thread, try and get back onto topic sort of....

I very much like the picture on the discs, Frodo for the bonus disc and Aragorn for the movie disc

Creechuur
A.D., I said the same thing earlier in the thread. There was a lot of duplication on disc 2.

Mybe we're just spoiled because of all the goodness the EE's have given us.

Fëanor
will do captain...my captain, my king...hehe

Agent Elrond
I GOT IT. I GOT IT. I GOT IT!!!!!!
Time to watch it exactly 124735674 times. this will be great

Discos
damn, my friends birthday is tomorrow (Friday) and me and my friends chipped in to get him the trilogy......and guess what his dad got him....yepp the trilogy

we will get our money back and buy him a bottle of

Discos - juice shifty

Agent Elrond
I meant to say this earlier, so Damn, I hate the security tape. u know, that stuff that is annoying to take off withoff ripping the plastic covering. I hate it. Well, I watching it right now. up to the part where Gollum and Smeagol are talking to each other about their plan to kill the hobbits

Discos
lol i quite like that stuff until a point, i actually used to chew the stuff until i got a fillinf in my tooth and christ did i have a shock smile

I am doing the trilogy on Monday, the chinese devliery shall be warned

finti
so when is the extended version for ROTK set to be released

Discos
near August time

Thorondor
it's november discos

finti
oh goody, just be able to watch all the extra material finished in time for the relase of the Star Wars original trilogy thenbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grin

Discos
November eh, my mistake

Cynethryth
New "official" date is October stick out tongue

Discos
October, also thr star wars trilogy is going to be bitchin!

I am doing a lord of the rings marathon on Monday, 2 EE + ROTK

Agent Elrond
I was watching it today and noticed in the scene where Aragorn is being crown, he tuns to Elrond and there are these two brownish/black hair guys behind him. Any idea if these are Elrond's sons, cuz that would rock even if they didn't have a major role.

Thorondor
im doing that today big grin starting at 3

Agent Elrond
If I had all the DVD's, I would do that now. However, I seemed to have 'misplaced' my TTT DVD. Now I can't watch all 9+ hrs of LotR.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>