Friends letting you down

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BarmyBrummie
Last week i organised a sleepover at my house tonight for me and 3 friends. I got everything planned out, got all the stuff in and that but now, 1 hour before they came round one of em says she isn't coming cus shes going out with her boyfriend instead and she has to go to a soccer match tomorrow. SHE PLANNED THE SLEEP OVER WITH ME BEFORE SHE PLANNED EVERYTHING ELSE AND NOW I AM SOOOO P*SSED OFF. I had to let my anger out and now i've done it i still don't feel any better.

So, have your friends let ye down for stupid reasons?

Pingu
Happens to us all at sometime or other!

silver_tears
Not really badly like that no
I would be the one cancelling plans actually embarrasment I'm always busy or if I make plans to hang out with one, and another wants to do sumthing, and I haven't seen them in a while I will cancel plans for them. erm

PadfootsPyrefly
Once on Halloween, me and two friends decided to go out together. We all said to meet at a certain place. An hour before I left, one of them called me up to tell me she couldn't make it. That was ok. But when I arrived at the place, I waited and waited. I finally gave up and went home. Later I found out the other person couldn't come, but she diced to not call ahead of time.

Oh, I hope you feel better *hugs*

Darth Revan
ouch... That burns...

Never had one of my friends let me down that bad..

Fire
it happens from time to time

then you have to wonder, am I really in the possition to demand those things of my friends???

I mean if a friend does something like that to me I say: "No biggy it can happen, go and have fun with your boyfriend and I hope your soccer team wins"

I don't expect my friends to put me first in their lives, if this happens every time then it could get annoying

rusky
True...

Loopy_UK
my friends very rearely let me down there great m8's and i'd be lost without them its sometimes me that lets them down especially when i was with my gf i used to cancel plans with them all the time just cos i wanted to be with her...

badkittykitty
people make bad choices all the time..maybe she didn't realize how much planning and how important it is to you..maybe she's crazy about this boyfriend and isn't thinking straight..I wouldn't tell her I was pissed if I was you but I would let her know that it was important to you.

I did the same thing to girl friend of mine (I had no idea it meant so much to her) and she quite speaking to me for months..I felt awful,cause you see when ever I tell people to sleep over or go out or something I never put much thought in to the details and people have canceled on me..but because I didn't put thought into it and planned on doing what ever with or with out them it never bothered me..I assumed she would be like me..I was wrong.

but if knew that before i would have made sure I made it..so let her know...gently

wicker_man
Cheers Loopy man, you are a great mate yourself and one we value just wait till college and all the chaos resumes...lol

§pearhead
theres no real way to say it other than man, that really sucks. sad

Fire
I dont see why everyone thinks you should yell at your friends for this

Evy_O
Well I agree messed It's not something that would make me angry. Friendship is, among other things, understanding. One of the few things I demand from my friends, is to understand why sometimes I do things they might not like. And accept it. That's what a friend is for, they're supposed to back you up and be there for you... but they're not oblidged (sp?) to satisfy you.
Anyhoo, I can see why you are disappointed. It's natural. But you have to see the situation through her own point of view. All I can blame her for, is that she decided to inform you the very last minute, and for not apologising (even like that, though, I still think you should forget it smile ).

Fire
I agree with evy go evy

Evy_O
Also, I'd like to add that you should forgive and forget, in order to recieve the same treatment from your friends when you'll do something they won't like smile

Fire
yea nicely done (we're really on the same page tonight)

Evy_O
Well, I'm glad someone agrees big grin Usually people are not that keen on that "forgive n' forget" thingy sad

.:[Kamikaze]:.
aww i feel for ya, sowie..

my friends suck ass... i always organise everything n they all go along with it but at th eend of it like an hour before or whatever they like sorry cant come got stuff to do!

yeh right like fake family coming round, or you gotta help ya mum, of they just slept in and forgot all about it after me telling them everyday! mad cant wait anyway my last year with em, then i might make some REAL friends!

ZoofyTheJinx
Yea.. Friends will always let you down. Same as you will always let them down.. Or if not them then someone else. We are all human. And that's just the way that life is. Although sometimes I think that people just do things to be morons. And if they are doing that then they aren't friends.

BarmyBrummie
hey, who said i was gonna yell at her? I let my anger out on here so i didn't have to yell at her big grin thing that bothers me most though is that she knew about it for a week, then went and made her own plans and didn't decide to tell me untill the last minute. Oh well......I called other friends instead and we had a great time big grin I still would have liked to have my best friend there though.......sad

Asami
I've let my friends down on quite a few occasions. Simply because I just couldn't be bothered. When I see them I apologise, I just tell them, I'm not even going to make up an excuse, I'll make it up to you another time.

Friends have let me down too, like for things I was really looking forward to, but if they can't be bothered or would prefer to do something else I'd look past it. We can always make up to it another time.

beastnpyro
uhm... $h!t happens bb.... well.. it happens to me alot too... i get pissed off but well.. wut can i do?? trick is you look for sumthin else to do... sumfin more fun... well ye cant blame em... she decided not to cum cuz shes got a reason... and well... aslong as sumone has a reason... theyre excused...(i also do that alot.. i mean not come to planned outings and stuff....juz to get back at them... hehehe)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.