Bug

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gregory
Every once in a while while using this board, I'll have this happen. I'll try to quote someone, but instead of what it should display at the top of the message (for example, "Venomfan wrote..."wink it will display something like "

dave123
sorry, doesn't look like that worked?

Gregory
I wrote the full message. I edited the message to add the missing part when I saw it wasn't there. And the first mesage still isn't displaying. This board obviously has it in for me today. Give me a moment.

You know, I don't know why this is happening. I'm having more trouble reporting the damn problem than I've had with the problem itself. Basically, it replaces the "x wrote" part of the message with the number five, followed by a left curly bracket, followed by the last few letters of x's name.

And when I tried to manually change the code, the entire message came out blank. And I can't send pms when I have this problem, because in addition to messing with the code, it causes my computer to tell me that certain fields that are very obviously filled aren't, and that I can't send a pm until I've filled those fields, which I can't because they're already filled, and it's a huge annoyance.

yerssot
you what now? can ya give a screenshot?

Gregory
No; I don't know how to take screenshots.

yerssot
you got a button on your keyboard for that wink

Gregory
No, but I figured it out on my own (by using my computers help feature; would that all problems were so easily solved). Tragically, it was saved as a .tiff file, which I can't attach.

Gregory
Okay, here we go. It should read as follows:

XXXXlion wrote on ...

Instead, I get what you see

yerssot
that never happened to me ... hmmm... delete your temps and cookies perhaps?

dave123
clear cookies and temps, restart, try again smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.