The end of The End

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Omega

VenomVA
I think most of them didn't like it because the answers wasn't "spoon" fed to them and the ending wasn't "Happily Ever After" like in LOTR (yuck!). Alot of people (non-fans) didn't like all the talking in the beginning of the film. Me I loved it because it gave you important information (same with the Neo Haman convo in Reloaded). I love Revolutions!!!! Matter fact I love all 3. It's bad when you've seen a movie 30+ times and the Neo Trin part still gets to you.....now that's power! Maybe if Neo and Trin didn't die and went back to Zion in the end more folks would have liked it. Or maybe if Neo actually Beat Smith himself (without help). Those are some of the things my friends complain about.

Fin.

neo2
Personally, I like the ending the way it is. Revolutions gave all of us what we asked for. It is, in my opinion, the second best movie in the trilogy. Saying that, I think that Revolutions had the spirit of the first. A lot of dialogue was needed. Otherwise, you wouldn't have gotten wind of what was going on. I've also heard some complaints about the Super Brawl at the end of the movie. People have said that all it was was "bashing into each other," and, "a slap fight in the rain." I think they're wrong. That was the fight to end all fights and it was spectacular. The choreography was great and well designed and the cinematography, put together with the incredible Don Davis score, made it perfect. For all the Revolutions-bashers out there, consider watching the movie again when it comes out on video, I guarentee you will try and reconsider...

EVERYTHING THAT HAS A BEGINNING, HAS AN END.

Fire
I love the fact that Neo dies

The One Himself
OMG...This question again...roll eyes (sarcastic) I liked Rev but its not even close to the first Matrix...And that is the point in my opinion..It's hard to overcome such expectation caused by the 1st movie...I think the Super Wacho Bros tried to make a kind of "live action" anime and Neo became a Super Hero with fantastic powers sad...I was not surprised by the end of Revolutions...If you have ever watched Akira or Ghost in the Shell you'll notice the Anime influence over Neo's fate.

Neo6.0
I know what you mean. I was kinda ticked with the ending at first. But there are so many levels to look at it, and I love that in a movie. The only way the ending could have been better was if:

A. After the Oracle says to expect the One to reapper, she says, "Oh, by the way Sati, I got you a pet. I thought you might like it."
The Oracle pulls a cage from behind the bench and gives it to Sati. No one sees what's in the cage though.
Sati happily thanks the Oracle and says, "I'll take good care of it."
The Oracle says, "That's good to know. Because this animal is important."
The moviegoers know see the animal in the cage is a white rabbit! Then the camera zooms into the rabbit's black eyes and we see the Matrix code streaming down a black screen like at the beginning. Then the credits roll.
B. After the Oracle says, "Not always, but I believed." The sun then pales in comparison to the sky and we see Neo and Trinity kissing EXACTLY like in the trainstation reunion.

But these are just the ways I would have ended it. NOTHING else would change.

The Alpha
miffed I dont like "Ends".

AliasNeo15
Just the fact that there is no more matrix prolly pissed off a lot of critics, and ya, Neo dying prolly pissed off a lot Christians who thought the guy was Jesus, which he most definately was notsad

Wolfie
I liked the ending to Revolutions. The only way Neo could possibly defeated Agent Smith was that he had to sacrifice his life too. That's a great story. I hate the movies that have the super happy endings. I didn't care for the peace between the humans and machines though.

There are twi ways I would've ended it:
A. The war goes on and on until finally, the humans win the war. They find that they can't possibly free everyone from the Matrix. The code is virtually unbreakable and there are just too many people to free by hand.
B. Neo wakes up. He was told throughout these three movies that he's been living in a dream world when he was actually dreaming about Morpheus, Trinity, Zion, etc.

AliasNeo15
i wish it was all a dreamthumb up

mook
The first film is a classic and great stand alone film.

M2+3 are then there if people connected with the first film and want to see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

people who wanted a re-hashing of M1's plot and then a happy ending were always going to be disappointed.

Vim
i agree with mook it does seem like m1 and m2+3 were somewhat separate. I mean they could have ended the matrix story with the end of the first movie, but then there wouldn't have been an Animatrix, or a comic book and to me the sequels do build on what M1 started.

The One Himself
The problem is not the sad end (the only way to end the trilogy...)...Smith copying himself onto Neo is kinda heretic thing in my point of view...sad

Trinity_Matrix
The first time I saw Revolutions, I didn't care too much for the ending, but the second time I saw it, I realized that how it ended was probably the best way you could end the Matrix. Now that I've seen it three more times, I love the ending. I went with my friend to see it last month, and after the movie we spent a half-hour sitting in Starbucks by the theater (while waiting for her mom to pick us up) debating over the ending, what it really meant, if Neo was still alive or actually dead, etc. I think the reason a lot of people didn't like Reloaded and Revolutions is because they go so much deeper than M1 did...M1 was a lot more straightforward than M2 and M3. They didn't like all the talking. But it was necessary, I think. A story like the Matrix can't be entirely explained by Neo vs. the Agents. And a trilogy like the Matrix simply wouldn't be able to have a happy ending like LoTR...but some people just don't want to accept the fact that sometimes the good guys, and even the heros, will die. And I've seen Revolutions 4 times now, and I still cry every time during the scene where Trinity dies...

My final opinion? Great trilogy, great ending. And the Animatrix rocks yes

MovieKiller
Yeah I think the ending was great too and the movies were great!!! smokin'

AliasNeo15
ya, they were, but i expected something more than just greatsad

kalantiaw
the ending of revolutions was probably not the ending everybody expected... or should i say wanted. people are suckers for happy ending. but there is no purpose for neo to live. he saved zion, defeated smith and trinity is dead. what else is there for him?

AliasNeo15
his purpose after that would be to live on in 2 more sequals and kik some program asscool

jetzhere101
the thing abt the matrix series is that it takes time to comprehend them.....this is how it happens
first u go to the movie hall and appreciate all the axn and cant stop talking abt it.....
after this u think abt what u just saw and then want to see it again and again to see it from every pt of view.....
i dunno how many times i have seen it already in theatre itself i have seen revos 4 times on normal screen and 2 times on imax....and i cant get enough and seen countless times on vcd......

if the aim of the movie is not to make u think abt certain aspects then i dunno what it is ......

mook

The Unknown
I didn't really like it because 1. They're barely in the Matrix, 2. Trinity dies twice w/i 20 hours. 3. The Trinity dying part kept dragging on, etc.

The only good part was the final fight scene.

Metamorphisis
Omega

The question you pose is both fundamentally and paradoxically flawed. The very things that all critics, non-fans, and alienated fans have said need to be changed in order to make Revolutions a "good" movie, are all rooted in the first two movies, and the movie themes, as well as the fact that they are the very things that the same people use against movies that use them.

Example:

1) Neo and Trinity live.
Then what? You leave an open ending to a closed story. Neo and Trinity would presumably get married, or for those of you who's played ETM may know, there is another that could come into play for Trinity. Neo doesn't quite belong, and he is worshiped like a God by those who live in Zion - which has surely alienated him. There is no practicality for this scenario unless you still get warm fuzzy feelings from Disney's version of Cinderella.

2) A literalistic approach, as opposed to a surrealistic, is taken to explain the movies idiosyncrasies. Aside of destroying any fantastical and romantic illusions created through the surrealistic approach, and the fact that such a literal approach is a very dry way of writing (Try reading Hemingway - blah!), the third movie would almost have to turn out to be a dream that started in the first movie, and thus destroy it's entire point of existence while flushing any and all political, social, and philosophical/theological statements down the toilet.

3) Morpheus plays a larger roll. How? Neo is, and always was, the focus of the movies - would it come to light that Morpheus is just another program? And that leads into....

4) MWAM. If MWAM existed then the paradoxical situation arises where one can never reach reality and one can never be free. It would be a very depressing movie that would be almost impossible to end, continually repeating itself as if you placed two mirrors facing each other and stared into infinity.

To change any aspect of the third and final Matrix involves changing key plot points and themes in the first two movies to accommodate for such a change, which, in turn, also opens the door to a never ending string of Matrix movies - destroying the originality, the novelty, and the appeal of the trilogy. An infinite possibility for new matrix movies would turn the trilogy into a system of movie making, and the movies all carry strong undertones of anti-conformity.

I do not think that it would be possible to change the movie in any way to accommodate those who did not like the movies. The paradoxical aspect of your question is that:

If any of these aspects were changed, and those who did not like it still could not find any appeal to it, would those of us who liked it, still have loved it so? I know that I wouldn't have felt as satisfied had it ended much of any other way, and I do not feel that I am alone in this thought. no

The Omega
VenomVA> Ah, there's nothing wrong with a happy ending from time to time. But Marix is cyberpunk and Gibson-inspired, I agree. Those stories never have a happy ending, nor a complete and full one.
Trinity's death still makes me cry, too. That, the utter disbelief the first time I saw Revolutions, they actually went ahead and DID a cyberpunk ending was amazing!

Perhaps it's because especially Revolutions goes very MUCH anime on the audience. This entire Trainman, superbraw, Neo/Smith connection is not for people who're not familiar with anime.

Metamorphisis> Well said.

SiCn@StyD1
PPL LISTEN! DA ANSWERS TO DA MOVIE IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF YALL FACES NEO HAD TO DIE! NEO WASNT MEANT TO SAVE ZION THATS WHY THA ORACLE TOLD HIM THAT WEN THERES A BEGGINING THERES AN END SHE WAS TALKIN ABOUT NEO REMEMBER IN THA FIRST MATRIX WEN MORPHEUS SAYS THAT "WEN THA MATRIX WAS FIRST BUILT there was a man born inside that had the ability to change what he wanted, to remake the Matrix as he saw fit. It was this man who freed the first of us and taught us the truth - When he died, the Oracle prophesied his return and envisioned that his coming would hail the destruction of the Matrix." It seems likely that this "man born inside" is simply the previous One, fulfilling his last duty to the cycle, before it begins anew.SOO JUST LIKE I SAID NEO HAD TO DIE

mailedbypostman
SiCn@StyD1>Thank you for that "enthusiastic" explanation.
I like the way it ended. It made sense, it fit. The human-machine was over, Smith dead, trinity dead, everyone happy, many people who reject the matrix freed. Neo had no reason to live. If smith hadnt killed him then he probably would have killed himself for trinity. No things in life last forever.

The One Himself
Smith dead? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! cry

The Omega
SiCn@StyD1> Please, don't elaborate on the obvious.

neo_dragon
hey, well at least we know that the final scene in the matrix really isn't the end as it had been suggested before.

icansee
Omega, glad to see you have returned. In the final analysis the movie is just that a movie. Yes I was one of the people whom was disappointed with the final movie but I would still buy it on DVD because I did not hate the whole movie just wished somethings were included especially more on Seraph..

The good thing since I have known you is that, you are willing to see the next persons point of view even if you do not agree with that person.

I just wish more people would bear that in mind when they have debates with others.

Moosh
The three Matrix films are the best films I've ever seen. I for one cannot understand all the praise for the LOTR movies - the first was good, but after that they just got louder and bigger. Totally Hollywood.

You need to watch these films more than once, and read a bit about them in order to truly appreciate them. The first time I saw Reloaded I thought it was terrible, but I had arranged beforehand to see it more than once with different groups of friends. The more I watched it, the more it aroused my curiosity, so I looked around on the internet for answers, eventually settling at www.matrixfans.net. Everything was explained there and I soon realised just how much symbolism and philosophy the Wachowskis had used in the film, now I would say it's my favourite of all three films.

I wasn't too hyped about Revolutions because I was expecting not to like it at first, which I didn't. However, like Reloaded, I came to appreciate it over time and with more viewings. If you look at the symbolism you find the ending is even more beautiful than you may have thought previously - Neo didn't die, he's at one with the Source and the Matrix, fulfilling the ultimate Buddhist goal. He is the true one at the very end, he's finally reached nirvana. The last shot of the new dawn is in fact a shot of Neo in all his final glory.

The Omega

Metamorphisis
Omega

Well said about Trinity's necessary death. Is it any wonder why, in Spanish, the word "Espousa" is the word for both Wife and handcuffs?!!

Moosh

You have never read the books, have you? Also, need I remind you that LOTR 1 thru 3 were shot virtually as one movie back to back? There was no time for Hollywood-ization because the last movie was finished before the first movie was released! Thus the movies were a notorious gamble because they didn't know if they would flop or if they'd be a smash hit.

AliasNeo15
i think u shoulda made that clear before that disasterlaughing out loud

The Omega

Metamorphisis
Actually, I didn't miss the point. I know transcendence is not gender discriminatory. You just missed my pun. sad The same roll works in reverse. However, pre-Buddhism (and Judeo-Christian religions as well), women were already considered among the divine with no need to transcend or commune with God, but it was necessary for a man to become one with a woman in order to become enlightened.

You know me better than that Omega!! Lighten up and don't go all femi-nazi on me!!! laughing We're cool... smokin' wanna hook up at the local cyber cafe' and knock down a couple of firewalls together?? J/J wink LoL

BioLogos
It seems that people have two main problems with the Revolutions ending:
1) they don't like the fact that Neo and Trinity die.
2) they feel that there are too many unanswered questions.

I agree with Omega et al. in terms of Neo and Trinity -- there wasn't any other way it COULD end and keep true to itself. I think that this ending is the best evidence that The Bros did NOT "sell out" to commercial interests.

As for the unanswered questions: By itself, the existence of "questions" does not bother me -- great works of literature and art ALL leave unanswered questions (why does the Mona Lisa smile???). Great art is great in part because these questions engage the observer and make the experience of the art so much deeper than if you just looked at it and said "It's pretty".

Having said this, I do wonder whether some of the issues were left more unclear than was meant. For example, I think that many people would have appreciated clearer evidence that the war IS over (at least for now??), and if so, a clearer explanation of WHY Neo's sacrifice would cause the machines to end the war. It is only when you understand the answers to these questions that the ending is triumphant, if still tragic. I think that most people who saw the movie once did NOT understand the answers to these questions and so left the theaters feeling very let down.

I'd really like to see an "extended version" of Revolutions.... TTT was MUCH better with the additional material, and I'm wondering whether some re-editing might help Revolutions out a bit as well...

The Alpha
well for first point, we dont know whether Neo died or not. for 2nd point, a nice movie always have some unanswered questions. those who hate rev. due to these 2 points r shotopid!!....

The Omega
Meta> Ah, I had a bad hair-day... Sorry if I sounded too harsh, but the content of my post remains the same.
I'll reply as soon as I have more time.

The system has me.

BackFire
I'm very happy both of those characters die, and I thought Revolutions was as good a finale that the series could have.

mook
yep smile

Metamorphisis
It's kewl smokin' Just figured you'd have seen it more as a pun!

Numo
I think that everyone who loves films or has seen alot of American or Hollywood movies will be used to films having a happy ending, also that their heroes always win and survive against really unbelievable odds.

This was not the case in the matrix, 1 because (after watching animatrix's Renaissance Part 1 & 2) the humans weren't really the good guys. 2 because both Neo and Trinity died, but Morpheus and Niobe survived. Now I'm sorry for saying this but normally in films it's the black actors that die but in the Matrix 2 + 3 this was not the case.

Overall the films was so different from what people were used to getting, that they rejected the program.

But i think another reason for that was because many film goers will felt that the Wachi Bros lied to us, they tricked us, if they had told us the truth we would have told them to take their films and shove them right up their ass.

The Matrix sets you up for one kind of ending to the trilogy and then gives you another, leaving you to figure out why and what message they were trying to convey. And before you start yes i am aware that some of you GENIUSES probably got it as soon as you saw it. But for those that required more time to dwell on what they had seen, can be split into two groups, those who took the time and effort to gain understanding of the films and those who just could not be bothered.

The latter were the ones making the most noise - as empty vessels do.

Numo
Another quick note then i'll shut up. The films i think were the Wachi Bros representation of life. As we know life is not simple nor can you draw simple conclusions from it, neither therefore should you try to with the Matrix.

Metamorphisis
Numo

LoL roll eyes (sarcastic)

Nicely said even if I don't completely agree. I agree that Hollywood-ized movies have a fairy tale way of story telling with stories like this, where as this movie did not.

Also, this movie you cannot simply have a "Good Guy" "Bad Guy" cut and dry, it's all in perspective. Everyone's just fighting for survival and freedom, and this is where Ethics and Philosophy come into play with questions like "Can a machine really be considered a life? If so, do we still have the right to call it property?" and "What is life? Are we not in fact chemical machines made out of simplistic amino acids?" and the ever potent "What is reality?"

The best I've ever heard it put was by the cast and crew of the movies:

Numo
I've now had a chance to read your other posts on other subjects. To quote Darth Vader "Impressive, most impressive."

I'll admit perhaps I should have done so much earlier.

sum1butno1
Yes, I think the critics were ripping the movie apart because of the open, "everyone important dies" ending. However, I also noticed that the dialogue was kinda weak (compared to the pseudo-philosophical speech in M1) and a little too kiddie(ish). Also, the acting wasn't exactly top-notch, but that's just my opinion.

...and Trinity... that scene...
Well, go ahead and call me a sick sadistic bastard, but when Keanu tried to cry convincingly... I kinda laughed out loud. For a couple minutes.... 'till the tears flowed and my gut popped.

But overall, the movie was truly great, I was literally awestruck for days after. Most spectacular sci-fi movie I've ever seen!!!

Numo
Welcome to the minority, glad you could join us.

JediHDM
Although i myself was a part of the heated debates after Nov. 5, 2003, i can safely say that there is no other way to end this trilogy. After all, the trilogy delves into metaphysics, religion, morality, love, ultimate purpose, epic heroism, and many other things and forms too numerous to count (believe me wink ) the ending to Revolutions actually showed an end. But we all know that an end is really just the beginning of something else, something better. Everything happened as it had to happen. For instance, Neo and Trinity fell in love. This love saved both of their lives, and forced Neo to make the decision no one else could make. and When there was no more need for their love, when the road has come to an end, one dies, forcing the other to realize that he has, really, nothing else to live for. This allows him to make the decision he must make, and realize the truth, in order to sacrifice himself for the good of both man and machine. It is only when both man and machine can co-habitate that the earth wil return to normal, otherwise there would be a continual power struggle which would end in a similar way, man enslaved without knowing his captors.

Also, looking at the trilogy from a religious point of view, Neo has truly undergone a transformation, moving from a proletariat, one of the masses, to a saviour, and finally ascending and becoming a god. (Realized this with the help of the beautiful lotus imagery at the end of Revolutions...Hinduism) His mind also undergoes a transformation, from being unable to make a simple "leap of faith" to controlling the very matrix itself and ultimately descending into hell and fighting a 'satan' figure, winning through mastery of his emotions and his opponent's. He causes the matrix code to be rewritten on the highest levels, while still doing what he was meant to do, saving humanity. He is the ultimate hero.

If any of this had not been in place, if Trinity and Neo had not died (or ascended, whichever the case may be wink ) then the movie would not accurately portray an epic struggle. If they had 'lived happily ever after', which most certainly would have appease-the-masses #1, it wouldn't have made millions think and reason. If the people had all been freed from the Matrix, their minds unplugged, (appease-the-masses #2) it wouldn't have fit with everything we were told in the first two movies (not everyone wants to be unplugged, once a mind reaches a certain age, it has trouble letting go, there are 250,000 people living in a space big enough for 250,000 people). All in all, Revolutions fulfilled my expectations in a finale, and then some. Anyway, thats my two cents, take what you will.

dragonpisces272
Jedi's back! lol sorry to break up this debate...carry on...

Korri
so sad cry

JediHDM
why are you sad Korri?

Korri
BECAUSE U BEEN AWAY TOO DAMNED LONG mad

hug

JediHDM
eek! AHHH!! i'm sorry... so, shouldn't you be happy that i'm back? blink

Korri
yes...that i am happy

JediHDM
ok...then all is good with the world...(not really, but regarding KMC forums, it is...well, unless we get more ppl to come back, ppl who wanna debate...THEN everything would be right in the world...(not really, again, but...you know...))

Korri
yeah this place is dead mad

JediHDM
yeah...we need to have a good debate, liven it up again...

i could play devil's advocate, if need be, just to get a debate going...

The Omega
AH, it worked! (Netting JediHDM and tying him to the forum that is)! smile

Just carry on people. I'm so VERY busy these days, I have to get my hands on a certain DVD, too...
So it'll soon be time for MORE Revolutions threads, as we can go into the details of this great end to a great trilogy! cool

Korri
cry ahh good old times {those are tears of joy btw}

neo2
then we'll have fun continuing the thread with The Matrix Online,

i expect to see some of you in the game.....

Y-chromo kid
I think there is a misunderstanding in that some people (myself included) were disappointed with both revs and reloaded because it didn't have a mushy ending. I did not want such an ending but I did want an ending worthy of the name. I ask you, are we really expected to swallow an ending that assumes the machines will respect the 'Peace' That's far cheesier than Neo and Trinity holding hands and walking off into the sunset. It shows a lack of imagination. There were numerous little inelegant gaffs to the story on the obvious, surface, storytelling level that obstructed what the movies were trying to say. Lazy stuff all in all. I love the first movie though, what a shame the other two never built on it.

Korri
well i am getting a new computer soon so yay!

mailedbypostman
Maybe, maybe not.

JediHDM
The machines are the ones that wanted Peace in the first place. Have you not seen the Animatrix?!?!?! WE are the reason the machines enslaved us. the cheesiest, and the least respecting, would have been for Neo and Trinity to walk off into the sunset. It requires more understanding to realize the necessity of Trinity dying thereby Neo sacrificing himself. perhaps you should go watch all four movies again...and take notes this time.

Korri
oh gawd yes, im glad that didnt happen miffed

JediHDM
yeah, me too...that woulda sucked balls...Chef's Chocolate salty balls, that is...

mailedbypostman
I shudder at that thought. Though they probably wouldn't have been able to get all the nanobots blocking the sun away quick enough to be able to walk off ino the sunset....smile

JediHDM
yeah...they might have to ride off into the bleak wasteland...be really hard to walk through all the rubble...

Korri
just as well messed i think i would probably have a death wish against the Brothers if that was the case messed

neo2
i was satisfied with the end myself...........

Korri
yeah me too...surprisingly

neo2
u kno what ending i was expecting?

right before the war ends......thomas anderson wakes up in front of his computer....a wizard of oz ending...

he goes to his work and sees all the characters.....he looks out the window seeing morpheus being arrested for computer hacking......trinity is his long since girlfriend who also works at the building....and smith is a mail guy.......it would go something like this....

Smith: Mr. Anderson.
Thomas: Ahhhh!!
Smith: I'm just giving you your mail. And hey, if your late again. You will be fired.....it is inevitable.

Korri
laughing

JKozzy
That would be a great parody, but if that really happened, I'd shoot myself.

Korri
no, I would Shoot the W. Bros and then myself laughing

JKozzy
And the editor that allowed that to be made, can't forget the almighty editors cool

Korri
and then Warner. Bros

JKozzy
And then, that guy over there *points*

JediHDM
and Joel Silver...just because...shifty

jimmy986
i think that it should have ended with trinity and neo's body being taken to zion where everyone would realize the sacrifice he made b/c the majority of the people did not belive neo was the one and the few that believed did not really know what happened to him so it would have been nice to see them achknowledge his sacrifice. i got a little attached to neo over the course of the trilogy and that would have been a nice touch.what do you all think. its not too corny but it would have let the non believers realize neo was the man

JediHDM
they realized the sacrifice he made...that he stopped the war...when they(Neo and Trinity) don't come back, they(Zion) will know what happened...maybe not exactly what happened, but they will know they sacrificed themselves for Zion.

jimmy986
i know a lot of them will think they know what happens but there will still be doubt. everyone thought he was crazy to go to the machine city so they might just think he died. there were a lot of non beleivers

Menelaus
Where can I find the Omega?

JediHDM
??? ...are you refering to Omega, the Matrix Forum Mod.?

Menelaus
Yes. I must speak with her.

JediHDM
How bout sending her a PM...when she gets back on, she will see it.

Menelaus
What is a PM?

Menelaus
Thank you JediHDM........I figured it out.

Korri
you really dont like him?....is it because he owns a Maybach? erm

JediHDM
hahaha...no...just because...he's annoying...and sitting...all the time...i think i have seen him once where he wasn't sitting down...

Korri
yes, i feel that way about some of the other cast and crew yes

he has a maybach.....be jelous

sum1butno1
Jedi, are you a Hindu or Buddhist or something? I don't mean to pry or be rude or anything, but it seems that every time you talk about the ending, you get talking about the lotus and how it represents moving up to the next level, likening him to Buddha or a righteous Hindu.
Seems that you almost always fail to mention the big cross we all saw in Neo's chest. Although that may be because it was just TOO obvious and everyone already knows that Neo is supposed to be a lot like Jesus.

JediHDM
No, i am not a Hindu or Buddhist...i am, in fact, a Christian...and i do not mention it, because i think it to be a really, REALLY obvious thing...of course, i find the lotus to be really obvious, b/c i saw it the first time i saw it, but i realize many didn't. Then again, some people seem not to know the name of Zion, either, so i guess i shouldn't take anything for granted. I have mentioned the cross of light before, but i don't think i have since i returned. on that note...

When Neo has been taken over by Smith, and the light pours out of Neo and Smith, there is a cross of light created on Neo's chest. This cross seems to say that Neo's death was not in vain, and that there was a higher reason. It also alludes to the fact that, like Jesus, Neo will return, but in a changed form. Make no mistake, Neo completely understood what he was doing, and he saved humanity by his conscious decision.

Better?

sum1butno1
Much. Thanks for clearing that up! big grin

Man, you have so many philosophical analyses, it blows my mind. Keep 'em coming!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.