embarrsing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ladygrim
what movie makes you cringe with embarresment .... smokin'

Kes
blink What do you mean?

ladygrim
cheesy movies like kung pow even though its funny

Cinemaddiction
Jeepers Creepers 2. It tried so hard to be scary, but when that butchy Camryn Manheim bus driver look alike pulls that stupid spiked thing out of the tire and prclaims, "Oh my god! It's a human tooth!" or whatever, I just wanted to throw something at the TV.

Hopmanforya
^^^scary movie 3 one of the worst movies of all time.

Myth
Dreamcatcher.

roundisfunny
About ten years ago, when I was young and still full of hopes and dreams, this independent movie, which was filmed in my area, debuted at a local theater. The film's writer/director was there (he also acted as projectionist), and I kind of felt embarassed for him while and after watching it. It just wasn't very good (or maybe it just wasn't my cup of tea because I was still coming down from my "Pulp Fiction" high).

Cinemaddiction
Coming from someone who gave "The Last Samurai" aka The Asian "Dances with Wolves" a 10/10, your opinion doesn't exactly take top billing, here.

Just an FYI: "Scary Movie 3" made about as much as 1 and 2 combined. You have to appreciate the work of Zucker/Abrahams to like a movie like that. Needless to say, I doubt 1/10th of this community knows who they are.

Machete_guy
LOL! any way.. i reckon the end of LOTR 3 was a bit cheesyerm

Myth
^^^ eek! NEW BEST FRIEND! eek! ^^^

Kes
OMG...we agree on something LOL

ladygrim
lol.... think i mite have to agree with the jeepers cfreepers ... even ho i found it disturbing its rather dodgy... and pridictable.... don't go running in the fields .... so what do they do they go running in the fields and get captured

botankus
I haven't seen it, but I love Zucker and Abraham's work through the years.

BTW, what does any of this have to do with being embarrassed? I figured with a thread title like that it would be something like watching Porky's with your mom.

Cinemaddiction
No way, Chris. You've got to see "SM 3" sometime, Zucker directed it. There are a couple of intolerable characters, but the majority of the prop gags and jokes are on point. I've already watched it 3 times on DVD since last Tuesday.

Like I said, I was embarassed watching "Jeepers Creepers 2", for the sheer failure of their attempt to be scary. For an actual instance of embarassment, when my girlfriend and I were watching "American History X", and they cut to Fairuza Balk being rather "vocal" in the bedroom with guy, of course, I thought I was going to have to sleep on the couch.

Myth
Scary Movie 3? You got to be kidding me? That was a disgrace to spoof movies. No where even near 1 or 2. It had better people (Sheen/Nealson) and it still sucked major balls.

botankus
Actually, Cory, I'm going to rent it tonight. Thanks for the recommendation.

Cinemaddiction
On a side note, The Wayan's brothers brand of "spoof" was not much more than dick and fart jokes, teen sex humor, drug related humor, pop culture pardodys, and just totally off the wall gross out sight gags.

The first 2 installments were disgraces to those who truely appreciate spoofs, since they were nothing more than toilet humor a la "American Pie".

You want to talk about disgraces to the spoof genre? How about garbage like "Mafia", "Wrongfully Accused", or even 2001: A Space Travesty

This particular genre was DYING for something to come and breathe life back into it since it was all down hill after "Naked Gun 33 1/3".

When SM 3, and the name Zucker rolled around, kids automatically abandoned it, and probably made fun of his name, knowing the typical SM franchise fan.

Of course Zucker, to classic spoof movie fans, means excellence in comedy. "Airplane!", "Airplane 2!", "Top Secret!", "BASEketball", and now he's back with "Scary Movie 3", which has been greenlighted for another sequel, given it singularly matched the success of the first two installments in ONE FILM.

Ever wonder why that may have been? Spoof sequels usually bomb. SM 2 made about 1/2 of what 1 did, only for Zucker to resurrect it, and make it a success again.

Sorry for the rant, and I recognize this is merely opinion, but it's factually one of the best grossing spoofs ever, and for a reason.

BackFire
I think Queen of the Damned is embarrasing for everyone involved, and Aliah paid the ultimate price for being in that piece of crap - Death. Same goes for Underworld, embarrasingly gothic which basically equates to being lame, simply because gothics, and everything that caters to gothics suck.

I was embarrased in Passion because during the torture scene (the entire second half of the movie) I yawned really loud by accident and "disrespected the faith" of the lady behind me who was crying buckets. Then I realized that it wasn't my fault the movie was crap and was no longer embarrased.

As far as Scare Movie 3 goes, I don't think it was really any better, or worse then the second one. Both movies were pretty lousy aside from a few good jokes that saved it from going completely down the toilet. The first one is still the best of the series though.

botankus
I saw it last night on your advice and agree. It wasn't even like it was even a sequel, more like an alltogether new spoof. Zucker/Abrahams did a LOT better job than the direction it could've headed, even though I did think the first one was pretty funny.

And you're right, getting the "typical SM franchise fan" pumped for a Zucker movie would be like getting a horror film fan excited for Friday the 13th XI - directed by Jessica Simpson. They've simply not been around long enough.

Aku
KILL BILL coz it was a big pile of sh*t

Myth
^^^ mad

Anyway, there is nothing wrong with liking SM3 more because as you stated, its an opinion. My opinion was just that it sucked. To be honest, I do like Zucker's films more than the Wayans (they are a couple of morons), but the SM franchise was the one place where I liked their stuff more. BTW: As spoofs go, Hot Shots was classic as well.

ladygrim
there nothing wrong with opinoins ... cuz i have loads even tho most of them get me in trouble at home and schoool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.