True to the Story or Better Action?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Agent Elrond
If this is too similar to other threads, merge it.

Anyway, I want to know what kind of LotR movie do you prefer: one true to the story (like the animated version) or has more action, but the events have been tweaked? I've watched both versions, and the PJ version is better, though the story has been slightly twisted. Well what do you guys think?

Discos
well AE, I have watched both but watched the animated version after the motion picture stick out tongue

I very much didn't like the animated one, dont know, dont care I just know I wont be watching it again

PJ couldnt have done a better job with the action, I mean the Pelonner Fields can speak for itself baby

Cynethryth
I'd prefer one closer to the books... though the animated version is definitely NOT true to the original story, maybe the single scenes are, but the whole athmosphere and style is so different, all the precious details missing, that I like PJ's film a LOT better... and well as there is also a lot of "action" (battles, I mean ^^) in the book, so I see no problems with looong battles in the film, like Pelennor big grin

shadowy_blue
How about both? big grin

Seriously though, I very much prefer the PJ version. Just like what Exa...I mean Cynethryth had said, even though PJ and co. had changed some scenes and events from the book, the overall spirit of Tolkien's world is still intact. I understand that they had to change or cut some scenes, since PJ and co set out to make films that are accessible to all, not just the Tolkien scholars. They had made three films that embraced the ultimate spirit behind the Middle-earth lore. It is the spirit which is important, and staying with it is one of the ultimate reasons why each of these movies is a success.

But on a different note...geezus Discos! You're really serious about Hector now! eek! (miss your Eagle avatar though stick out tongue )

Lord_Andres
the only thing thats missing in the LOTR movies, is blood, I would prefer the battle scence alittle more violent like in Braveheart and Troy, besides from that they totally rock, I liked the animated version until it got too the two towers

Sauron
All Bow Before Backshi!

Fëanor
i like both of them...really...the movie is instant gratification for the eyes...i even liked the animated one, except for the orcs...wtf is that their clothes...they looked like ragged retches wearing slightly small versions of togas...

Sauron
orcs were the best thing

animated one worst film ever
but its so bad its good
gandalf looks like he is on drugs

Fëanor
and boromir looked like a common viking warrior rather than a noble lord...Sam walked like billy barty...and that nose... laughing

Sauron
gandalf couldnt keep still
ever!

Cynethryth
laughing
... roll eyes (sarcastic) "true to the story" roll eyes (sarcastic)

cf http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28741
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24765

Agent Elrond
w/o PJ, this would have been all we would of had. That would suck.

Fëanor
then this forum wouldn't exist, and none of us would be here...or at some other forum...like the matrix or harry potter...

Sauron
if it wasnt for bakshi one little boy would never have ran out and bought the books, and loved them, and wouldnt have grown up

to direct a certain trilogy

Melani
I like Peter Jackons better big grin

Discos
well you will just had to put with it stick out tongue

Discos - still has eagle sig in back-up

Thorondor
i will never change mine stick out tongue

well maybe my avatar actually im going to do that now big grin

Cynethryth
@Thor

*LOL* the Eagle Dust? big grin

edit

Nebula... well that's practically the same smile in german it's also called Staub ("dust"wink wink

editedit
ooops just edit that this wasnt even the sigthread embarrasment sry for the offtopic sad

Thorondor
not quite stick out tongue it's the eagle nebula

in my head it's Thorondor after he died big grin

.....normal size.

Discos
PJ read the book when he was 18

Fëanor
as much as i loved the books...i couldn't help gettin' emotional at the end of rotk the movie when they were at the grey havens...that's something the book hasn't done for me beyond the imagery i get when i read...

Discos
yeah good point bud, the scenery and all was incredable. thats what won them an oscar lol stick out tongue

Fëanor
and they deserved it...made me wish to have been there actually...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.