Vegetarians??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

beaujay1
I'm just curious..................I personally am not a veggie, but this kid at our school clames that all animal products are bad for you, and supposedly has proof.........whatever what r your views on it???? I'm not here not bash anyone.....the only reason im not, is because i hate when people state their opinions but are just ignorant towards the facts......i wasn't brought up vegetarian, and im sure if i was, id have really diff. opinions and views! besides its probably easier doing something that you were brought up to do! wink

SuperSayinGoku
At first you can only be a vegetarian when your an adult because you need the nutrients and calciem in the meat but Peaple are Vegeterians because they think killing animals is wrong and they try to boycott it (Finaly I used a word that our Social Studies teacher taugh us when i was in fourht grade)

Raventheonly
All i gotta say is that we've been eatin animals for quite a long time and there have been vegitarians for quite along time. I see nothing wrong with either because you either just ate an animal who ate another or veggies or ate a veggie who ate an animal through it decomposing body.

LanİeWindu
Meat! :drool:

beaujay1
hehe nice....... i agree with all of the minerals and stuff but you can get those and still eat meat, i mean c'mon people think!!!! (i didnt mean you, supersayingoku) besides if we all were veggies there wouldn't be enough food for the poor animals we are trying to save...talk about irony!!! just for people's info, Jesus wasn't a vegatarian.............

beaujay1
yeah, whats so different about a plant from an animal? they are both living.........seriously, now what would you do if you were dying in a desert and you only saw a fox to eat???? well id kill it!!!!!!!!!!!

SuperSayinGoku
I dont serve Jesus.....Im a christian.

SuperSayinGoku
But some peaple think its rude an horoble like they think were killing the nature.

Darth Revan
Goku--there are other ways to get the nutrients provided in meat. I know plenty of kids my age and younger who don't eat meat.

All--well, as Raven said, we've been eating meat for as long as we've been on this planet. That's why we have canines as well as molars. I wouldn't go vegetarian myself simply because I like meat, and I find eating it is the easiest way to get said nutrients. Though I have nothing against people who are vegetarians.

People don't go veggie only because they feel bad about killing animals, believe it or not they also do it for health reasons.

Smiling_Sadly
o i dont think i could manage with out meat, i love it........wut can i say? and um another factor, jesus sed that all humans were above all animals, so i dont think its really up to animals to decide their fate! devil :drools: no offence to those veggitarians out there!

Darth Revan
Humans are just big, smart (or dumb, depending on the way you look at it) animals. I don't understand what makes us so much "better" than all the other animals.

Smiling_Sadly
there are the few that are canables! sick but w/e floats ur boat! plus we can talk, isnt that good enough reason?

Smiling_Sadly
that makes no sense!ermm

Darth Revan
To quote SW, "The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." stick out tongue

Seriously though... There are cannibalistic humans out there. Furthermore, I doubt you will believe me, but I have known animals who are just as intelligent as humans. There's a horse I know who I swear is just as smart as an average human.

Plus, humans are the only species that kill each other by the thousands without every intending to eat their enemies to ensure their own survival.

Smiling_Sadly
very true, but u no ur talk bad about urself, right?

Raventheonly
Um ants? they let the enemy rot.

Raventheonly
but bury thier dead, or eat em.

Smiling_Sadly
yea......so there ya go!

Darth Revan
Well, firstly, they are simply insects... And they don't use biological or chemical weapons, don't go tracking down an enemy far away... They fight for terretorial reasons.

gabimr2
I've eat an ant!

SuperSayinGoku
Lol ok weve gotten from Vegetarians to Ants!!! Im used to this anyway Animals talk too they talk to their own species and we talk to our species too if we speak to them they wont understand and if they speak to us they dont understand so animals are no better then humans animals dont kill thousands of their species thats how alot of animals survive I am sorry but this is my opinion if we keep fighting this way then the Human species will be instinct.

Darth Revan
the term is "extinct", but I think you very well could be correct.

Smiling_Sadly
well u no, u are a person, its not good to talk about ur species badly, seeing how u are a human, u dont see the animals talking about each other!
*1st snake: man i really hate that stupid sanke over there!
2nd snake: yea i no!*

i mean c'mon, ur just saying that u, and all humans, are killing machines, whitch may or may not be true!

Raventheonly
We kill for territory to, it all comes down to territory... the ideal of owning something beyond ones own vision is a very advanced idea, far beyond any animals scope. Give us credit we got enough nukes to waist the earth countless times alone ( not to mention chemicals) and we haven't done it yet, because we aren't stupid and we care for our children unlike most animals who instinctly are extrodinarily selfcentered.... is there another being upon this planet who buries and honors the dead, or even more, the enemies dead?

Smiling_Sadly
very nice raven! im impressed! im with u!

gambit88
ya know its kinda weird if vegetarians want us to stop eating animals tell the animals to stop eating us

Smiling_Sadly
hahaha, true true!

cLoVi€
it depends.
when you r eating anly meat it is not good for you
but when you rn't eating meat at all it is bad for you either. yes

of coz veggies are healthier, but it is not coz the diet only, they have different life style and it is the reason.

at least in my opionion.

Phoenix
animals are beastial with no thought of the furture. They can only comprehend the here and now, and what they want this second.

Humans are blessed ((or cursed, depending how you look at it)) with a knowledge that there is a future. That their actions will have repercussions.

Animals kill to eat.

Humans kill for sport, for fun, for games, because the animal is inconvenient.

I do not eat meat because I believe it is wrong for me to end a life so that I may live.

You feel differently. I do not force my opinion on you, nor do I try to change your beliefs. Please do not insult mine, or the animals we share this planet with.

Smiling_Sadly
yea but wut if the animal was goin to die any ways, would u want it to suffer or would u kill it right then and then eat it, so u wouldnt waste it...not trying to insult or anythig...

Agent Elrond
meat good. that's the Atkin's diet, though I don't believ it

Clark_Kent
I'm guilty, i eat meat...Ted Nugent said so.

ash007
Well everyone is my family including my girlfriend is a vegetarian wink.

But i only eat meat occasionally like once every two weeks because its really hard to be a meat eater if everyone else is a vegetarian

lil bitchiness
I was a vegetarian for year and a half, its soo doable, but no-meat in my body had an effect on my nervous system (i was shaking) so doctor said i have to go back to eating it.

I liked being vegetarian.

shangheid
... just go to the fricken store and buy the food so u dont have to kill it... does it matter its gunna die some time n e way just make life shorter...

Smiling_Sadly
that, or u can go hunting! i like to hunt!!! its fun, but, i do not like hurting animals! so i just watch....

gambit88
oh atkins works alright my parents both went on it and both lost alot of weight, my dad lost like 60 pounds!

but besides that i can't understand why vegetarians don't eat meat if its cause they think animals should have rights it doesn't make sense they can't even understand what a right is lol i can just see a vegetarian in with a tiger showing him the constitutional rights "Now fluffy this is why you shouldn't eat meat because the other animals have just as much right to live as you...what are you doing fluffy?...fluffy?...AAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

OrlandoObsessed
I'm a veggie. I don't eat anything that used to have a face.

just_guy
but why?

Phoenix
I had that, but my doctor just gave me iron supplements, becuase I said there was no way he could make me eat meat.

Phoenix
Carnivorous animals must eat meat. They cannot digest or get proper nutrition from anything else.

Humans can live quite healthily ((actually, more healthily)) without meat.

And the Atkins is the most dangerous diet I have ever heard of, your cholestrol can raise to fatal levels in just a few months.

StrlitSnrise
I agree with all that. There are also different stages of vegetarianism. There are lots of ways of getting the protein that most people get from meat, it is veganism and fruititarianism that can become very unhealthy. But if you do in fact eat meat, that's not bad for you either. Vegetarianism is really only dangerous when you're using it to diet, it's not a diet to lose weight, it's a diet to protest animal rights or something that goes with your religion.

Phoenix
If I ever became vegan, I would only give up eggs and things like that. I will still drink milk, because calcium is very important, and it also hurts cows not to milk them, they get all uncomfortable down there! big grin

just_guy
what happens is people don't do it right they go into it full blast instead of reading the books they should go into it gradually like the book says and they are in better health

of course if you feal bad about killing things thats your opinion i respect it but not very practical when the vegetables are being harvested your killing bugs by taking their food or just from stepping on them

now killing animals for sport is pretty wrong but when a man kills a deer and eats the meat i see nothing wrong with it imo an animal can't have rights since it doesn't understand the principle of a right they just know kill what you have too and there ya go killing animals for fur isn't wrong if you need the hide for somthing

StrlitSnrise
laughing i tried veganism and failed miserably, I cannot live without milk, but i did find out that soy milk is totally awesome!! my cousin attempted fruititarianism, but you can't eat anything with that, so im sticking to my ovo-lacto veggie-ness

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.