Worst Cinema Visit!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Machete_guy
My worst cinema visit was wen i went to see Van Helsing..every time someone died this gurl would yell out GROSS!!! It was so annoying, i was tempted to leave the cinema mad
Wat about u guys smile ?

Myth
Anytime there is giggling or screaming girls in the theater.

Machete_guy
No this time was worst! it wa like a nightmare!

Freddy_vs_Jason
When I went to go see Van Helsing these girls infront of us kept talking and laughing so I finally snapped and told them that if they didn't shut up then I would MAKE them shut up.

chez
Two words: Mobile phones. mad mad mad

Machete_guy
A mobile has never gone off when im at a cinema confused1but if it did..i would be Pis**d

Red Superfly
Mobile phones are at least an accident. People can forget to turn them off in quiet places, it happens. I haven't experienced a phone going off but thats not the point.

Giggling, stupid, giddy girls chatting over everything are the worst. Bunch of airheads - SHUT THE F*** UP!

Machete_guy
Llaughing out loudL

johnny.d girl
yeah the mobiles anoy the crap outta me as well

botankus
I don't like it when a theater's sold out. Where every seat's taken and you are forced to share armrests on both sides. And naturally, when the theater's sold out, there will be chatty talkers, too.

Kes
Yeh, I avoid packed seasons. ***** is during the school vacation its packed at every hour.
My worst time was when I went to see Unbreakable. It was full of kids and these chicks being me were talking and sent written messages. It got to the point where I got up, turned around and said: "Shut the **** up, turn the bloody cell-phone off or I'm breaking your skull!"
Needless to say not another sound was heard from them.

Myth
I hate it when there is little kids DIRECTLY behind you, giggling and kicking your seat.

botankus
laughing out loud

That almost exact thing happened when I saw Sleepy Hollow. I should have added the skull part in, though.

LanİeWindu
For me it was going to see Scary Movie 1...some idiots brought there babies to the theater and they kept crying during the movie and wouldn't take the kids out to the lobby to shut em up.

BackFire
During Lord of the Rings there were all these "hardcore" fans that would yell out wise ass remarks during several scenes. "Welcoe to Rivendale...Frodo Baggins". hahaha, that was real witty.

vaya_the_elf
Mine was much worse. I went to the movies with this guy, whom I have went to movies before with and he always acted ok. But this time we went to go see return of the king, and he keep laughing whenever someone got killed, then keep telling me he was going to pee in his pants really loud. And keep saying frodo lives, and he would not shut up. Then he keep trying to hit on me, and I slapped him several times. When the movie let out he did pee in his pants, and his mom had to come and get him. And I will never go with him again.

Myth
I saw the Hot Chick with Rob Schnider sad

To top that off, there was a group of mentally handicapped adults there (probably 10 of them). They yelled randomly and cried and everything. It was aweful. I feel bad for them, honestly. But don't take them on a trip to a public place where its expected for people to be quiet. Take them bowling or something where its more exceptable to be loud.

botankus
Please tell me this was some kid you were babysitting.

vaya_the_elf
Are you talking me botankus? If so... I am afraid not, it was about 17

WindDancer
When there is a rude or obnoxious person sitting near me, I always ask for him/her/it to stop. If there still any rudeness I call an Usher. Is always better to avoid physical confrontations.

Jerico
What are you crazy! its always better to get into physical confrontations if you can win. If you cant then you should intimidate them until they make you run away!

burlyman
When I went to see Van Helsing the crowd were sum of the earth sad
Squeaking seat in front
Talking loudly, probably not even about the movie
Loud eating and rustling
At one point someone received a text message, didn't even have it on silent mad

BackFire
Also, The Passion of the Christ was really annoying in theaters. Too many people were crying loudly.

Dario Argento
When I saw Troy there was an old man behind me who told everything what happened to his wife. He didn't even stop when I told him to shut up.

Aku
How do these morons phones even go off? It says turn them off before the film?

Anyway, worst cinema visit. Blair Witch Project coz there was this couple just snogging all the way through it, and i dont mean for the majority i mean through all of it. You just couldnt help but watch them, dont worry im not one of those sick freaks who just gawps at women.

Ok i am, but this was just, i dunno theyre movements were different to the films that it stood out. My mate slapped the guy on the head after the film.

Kes
not here, there use to be but they took that part out. Either way ppl usually leave it on anyway.

Myth
The theaters do where I live only when its like opening night of a huge movie.

Red Superfly
I am actually considerring taking a piece of wire with me, so I can garotte the loud-mouths while they sit there giggling and munching their popcorn.

burlyman
Theres like 3 turn your damn phone off ads by Orange at the start of every film blink

Dogbert
When I went to see FVJ (Freddy vs. Jason), there were a bunch of 18-20 year old punks screaming stupid shit like "Oh yea! Cut that bi*ch up!" or "F*ck him up Freddy!" It was really irritating mad

Ignore the pic, it is a test wink

Machete_guy
censoredwhen i saw spy kids 3D (i wanted to see it for the 3Dstick out tongue) this kid had som strenght cuz he kicked my chair so hard that it moved forward quiet a way. This frigin kid kept doing it for a while so evventually i said something(cant remember but it was insulting) My god! mad why dont they put their kids in a dog cannal!!! mad

Aku
Yeh right. I bet you love the spy kids films. Hahahaha just kidding matey. But yeh theres like 3 orange ads telling you to turn them off. Our cinema has this special CGI demo to tell you how to turn off your phone. (remember im irsh we arnt exactly what you'd call intellegent) and anyone whos phones goes off gets beaten to death with a pool cue in the pub (place which serves alcahol - for the americans who do not know this term) afterwards.

We like our films big grin

El Toro De Brah
When i went to watch big daddy, a lady brought her church of kids. And throughout the whole movie the kids laughed and kept carrying on. Even tho they didnt understand the jokes the lil fuks kept laughin.

and this is my contribution to some1 else's worst cinema visit.

i had no idea what the lord of the rings was. so for the 8pm session i told my group of mates (6 of them) to meet up at the cinemas at 7.30. got there and the line was at least 100m long. 9 sessions sold out. so we bought tickets to the 11pm session but pushed in line near the front. the people behind us were pissed off as expected but since my group were all big boys no-one had any courage to say anything. when they started letting people into the 8pm session we got in but the people directly behind missed out. they had to wait for another 15minsbig grin

Aku
That sounds like a good deal. There was this other time actually. There was this girl. She had this really prostitute looking outfit on and was really minging. Anyway we went in and my mate and i sat behind her. Anyway we were watching the film and suddenly she falls off her seat lands face first on the cinema floor. So my mate and I laffed our faces off, but she wasnt moving even when we poked her head. So somone eventually goes and tells one of the cinema staff people.

Then they shut off the film, so they can bring these damn medics in with a stretcher and take her away.

Honestly still we got free film voucher for the delay so it wasnt that bad i guess.

Why are cinema floors sticky? eek! cool big grin smile wink roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

silver_tears
it eek!laughing out loud

silver_tears
that's mean mad

silver_tears
My worst would have to be when I saw Mean Girls embarrasment

There were all these little 10,11,12, year olds that thought they were all that. The girls were dressed all skankily and such roll eyes (sarcastic) This was during the day too miffed

Anyways a whole group of like 7 sat behind me and my other two friends. The whole freaking beginning they talked, and not even about the movie, about Kill Bill mad On and on how it probably rocks, and how they would do anything to see it and etc. Since it was rated R. I was beyond pissed. miffed

So eventually I stood up, and I'm quite tall, and the seats are on like an incline, so theirs were higher then mine, but because I'm tall I looked then right in the face and I'm like "Either shut the **** up or get out!" mad

Needless to say, that shut them right up happy

silver_tears
I was the worst for someone though. When I saw Last Samurai.

Me and my friend went to get popcorn, while my other two friends went to get seats. The place was virtually empty because the movie wasn't starting for like half an hour. There were maybe 10 people in the whole theater. yes

So as me and my friend were coming back to our seats, there was this group of three people behind us walking. We stopped to pick something up that we dropped I think, and the people went ahead of us up the ramp into the theater.

As they were going up my other friends thought it was us, and dumped half a bag of popcorn on these people embarrasment And let me tell you, these people weren't teenagers either embarrasment

Then during the movie, the same people sat in front of us (they didn't learn roll eyes (sarcastic) ) And my friend grabbed my drink, but the cup came out of the holder, and the lid came off, so the whole large cup of Iced Tea went pouring onto everyone but me and my friend. The people who we threw popcorn on were now covered in Iced Tea embarrasment

We felt really bad, but it was kinda funny laughing out loud

botankus
In a related but kind of un-related story, my parents, in their early 50's, went to the movies to see Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers in 2002. Only problem was they went in October 2002.

They saw The Ring instead, thinking it was Lord of the Rings for some reason. They hadn't seen the Fellowship of the Ring at that point and thought the movie they were watching was just futuristic to start out.

They figured it out after about 10 minutes, but I can't believe it took them that long.

WindDancer
Movie Theathers are so dark sometimes.........you never know who or what you might be speaking to. wink

Aku
Yeh i know, i went to the mens room like half way through a movie once. Came back to sit next to my mates and couldnt remmeber where they were. It took me ages to find them and i looked like such an idiot.

sad

Machete_guy
lol!

Machete_guy
wat kind of wise remarks?

ragesRemorse
There are two occasions that come to mind.

the first has to be when i went to see star wars episode 1, I was there at 7 in the morning and a line had already begun half way around the cinema, though the atmosphere was entertaining, i waited 4 hours just so i could sit through the peice of shit, trilogy destroying episode 1.

the second is when i went to see star trek first contact, Of course all the fans and nut jobs were there, i had to sit next to a friggen klingon who's make-up on his arm rubbed off onto my shirt, not to mention the movie was stale cheese

Myth
I hate it when its pitch black and you're trying to find seats. My friends and I went to Hellboy and were running a little late so the lights were off as we were finding seats (plus 2 of our friends went to the bathroom). We took a bit to find seats since we couldn't see. We practically had to do it by touch. Of course, when our friends were looking for seats they found us instantly and we had no idea how. My friend told me it she spotted me since I'm so white I stood out sad . The sad thing is, how she spotted me and not my 6'5" 250lb friend sitting next to me who also is white.

botankus
Hate to rehash an old thread, but I can't stand the TV ads that have been popping up before the previews in recent years.

And what's with the "20?" I'm usually running late to movies but this past weekend we were really early and they have this thing called the "20" (sponsored by Coca-Cola, I think) where they try to promote awful singers and TV shows 20 minutes before the previews even start. I would much rather talk to whomever I'm with than have to put up with that crap. I'm glad I'm usually late.

Myth
I don't know but I want them to make more of those mini movies. You know the "TNT knows drama" ones. Not the greatest but interesting to see while you wait. I like the one with the guy from Snatch and Lock Stock and those movies.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.