You're not Dave Chapelle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MF D00m
You're not Dave Chappelle, and you're not funny.

You know what's funny? When people take catch phrases from funny movies, television shows, and comedians, then they repeat them in their best impression, regardless of their awkward accent, gender or lack of comedic timing. I can't get enough of it. My favorite example of this comes from a skit on "Chappelle's Show," in which Dave Chappelle does a parody bio of 80's pop singer Rick James.

The popular phrase from this skit is when Chappelle says "I'm Rick James, *****!" Now everyone from fat Everquest nerds (yes I know I'm being redundant by calling an Everquest nerd "fat," don't email me) to pimply faced high school kids around the world repeat this phrase every chance they get, giggling spastically every time one of them says it in their crackling pre-pubescent voice.

I don't know how, but every time someone does their impression of Dave Chappelle saying "I'm Rick James, *****," it keeps getting funnier and funnier. Man, I never get tired of hearing people repeat their favorite lines from Chappelle's show. Of course, this begs the question: are these people paying homage to Chappelle, or are they cheapening the phrase, making it tired and unfunny? I did some research to find out what qualification these fans had, and posted my findings in the following graph:

The results were surprising: the graph above suggests that 6,367,619,884 out of every 6,367,619,885 people in the world are not Dave Chappelle, and therefore should shut the hell up. This finding was in contrast to what I thought initially; that these fans were in fact qualified to use Dave's catch phrase, otherwise why would they parrot on endlessly like idiots desperate to make their peers laugh at the expense of permanently ruining an otherwise funny joke?

Look assholes, it's funny when Dave Chappelle says it, not you. I'm tired of people adopting speech patterns, catch phrases, and their entire personalities from movies. When Jim Carrey's "Ace Ventura" came out, every prick I know did their worst "allllrighty then" impression. You can still hear it echoed by smug school girls who try to compensate for their lack of personality and any semblance of wit by chanting this mantra so maybe you won't notice that they're lying whores. The worst is when some gabby ***** is the center of a party, and someone tells an awkward story, to which she'll pause a beat, roll her eyes, then say "oooooookayyyyy!" Then she thinks it's funny and she high fives all her snobby ***** friends who watch stupid shit like "Will & Grace" and "Average American Family deals with gay daughter," all while listening to whiny angst-filled "emo" bullshit and taking everything Carson Daly says as gospel. I hope you choke

JediHDM
whhaaaattt??

Korri
oook blink

The Vodkanator
i THINK i get it... and yeah it makes me tired when ppl repeat things frm the movies and such, it's not really funny... though i do that sometimes too...

Linkalicious
You know MF D00m....if you're going to post the whole article that Maddox wrote on

http://www.maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=chappelle

you should atleast give the man some freakin credit. I believe he has a disclaimer on his site stating that you can't post this article, but you are more than welcome to provide a link to it.

But that's just me.

<<Solo>>
Yeah I hate people that just go and copy Maddox and try to take full credit.And he sewed some dude just because he stole one of his pictures.

The Vodkanator
*jawdrop*

link....

Baylin
no expression and just for the hard of hearing - no expression no expression

The Vodkanator
i don't know who maddox is... no expressionno expressionno expression

<<Solo>>
Well he's just a mother f**king genuis check out his site in the link that Link has in his reply.

Linkalicious
Maddox is GOD. The best is his Salute to Real Men.

burlyman
http://www.eosdev.com/Hoiday_Sets/set_junglebook/eosjung_txt_hobbies.gif

The Vodkanator
eek! he's funny! i definitely gotta read him from now on!

Baylin
I am Dave Chapelle!

Linkalicious
ever since i read this article, i've made it my mission to stop all of my friends from saying just so they don't sound like a bunch of copying jackasses.

4 people will stop being copy cat little dorks because of this article.

Jerico
Heheh Old MF Doom from the Day of Defeat forums if im not mistaken?

Polly
People at my school totally wore Dave Chapelle out, they are still doing the WHAT? OK! thing. I think I need to post it on a bulletin board or something at school

Myth
Link beat me to the punch. DON'T TAKE F*CKING CREDIT FOR OTHERS PEOPLES WORK! ITS ILLEGAL! mad

Myth
Isn't it ironic that the article is about stealing somebody elses success which is what this poster just tried to do himself? Pathetic.

Linkalicious
now now...lets not totally castrate him. He hasn't even gotten a chance to say "sorry i didn't know...my bad" yet.

Storm
If MF Doom really wanted to pose as the author of that article then he/she would have removed the url on the attached image I think.

Myth
He probably didn't think we'd notice or he thought we wouldn't know who Maddox is.

Storm
That is highly unlikely imo.

Myth
I think it is some 13 year old who was shown the site and thought it was funny but rare. He then tried to rip it off. Thats just my guess though.

Cyclops
Me too.

Stupid people and their lack of originality.

dave123
not cool mate, be original sad

Gravity Kills
it is not cool to copy others thought.no

You have your own mind, make up your own opinion

MF D00m
Stop being a bunch of little bitches.I posted this at other message boards and added the link.I was just in a hurry and I guess I forgot to add them.Get off Maddox's nutts you web losers.

silver_tears
aren't you friendly erm

Myth
We're web losers? Your the one going to a bunch of message boards posting stuff that other people made.

Crash Overload
Dang... I'm late...

Cyclops
I am very thrilled that other message boards were not aware of who maddox is. By all means, be as unoriginal as you want.

Crash Overload
Web Loosers? WEB LOOSERS? OMG! LOL! Did you ACTUALLY say that? Who the f*** is going around multiple forums / boreds posting the SAME damned artical by the same person only to get noticed. I bet he did not even post the links on the "other" forums. I bet that if we ask him for one he will not give any, or make one up in a hurry. Web loosers? pfff

COMMUNIST!

(just felt like i should add that in stick out tongue)

Crash Overload

Myth
Really. Show us links to these forums. Don't worry, I'll check the dates and times to make sure your not cheating. wink

Cyclops
Let him be the dumbass who posts other peoples work at Forums, taking credit for others work.

MF D00m
Wow, I'm surprised you guys aren't too busy on Tired Hiker's balls.Please, all you guys are fruits.Just look at your signatures.God, you guys are lame.
Hmmm, lets see who's talking sh*t:
Some loser with a gay X-men signature
Some loser with a gay ass tiger signature
Some loser with a stupid KMC cliche Kill Bill signature

Haha, right.You people are funny, but more stupid than anything.Storm is the only non-idiot that I see.They get it, why can't you losers?You want to see the thread i made, go ahead and join.For those of you who are too lame to join, i'll copy and paste.Until then, stop being a bunch of homosexuals.

http://www.philaflava.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7566

Posted: Tue May 25, 2004 3:18 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're not Dave Chappelle, and you're not funny.

You know what's funny? When people take catch phrases from funny movies, television shows, and comedians, then they repeat them in their best impression, regardless of their awkward accent, gender or lack of comedic timing. I can't get enough of it. My favorite example of this comes from a skit on "Chappelle's Show," in which Dave Chappelle does a parody bio of 80's pop singer Rick James.

The popular phrase from this skit is when Chappelle says "I'm Rick James, *****!" Now everyone from fat Everquest nerds (yes I know I'm being redundant by calling an Everquest nerd "fat," don't email me) to pimply faced high school kids around the world repeat this phrase every chance they get, giggling spastically every time one of them says it in their crackling pre-pubescent voice.

I don't know how, but every time someone does their impression of Dave Chappelle saying "I'm Rick James, *****," it keeps getting funnier and funnier. Man, I never get tired of hearing people repeat their favorite lines from Chappelle's show. Of course, this begs the question: are these people paying homage to Chappelle, or are they cheapening the phrase, making it tired and unfunny? I did some research to find out what qualification these fans had, and posted my findings in the following graph:

The results were surprising: the graph above suggests that 6,367,619,884 out of every 6,367,619,885 people in the world are not Dave Chappelle, and therefore should shut the hell up. This finding was in contrast to what I thought initially; that these fans were in fact qualified to use Dave's catch phrase, otherwise why would they parrot on endlessly like idiots desperate to make their peers laugh at the expense of permanently ruining an otherwise funny joke?

Look assholes, it's funny when Dave Chappelle says it, not you. I'm tired of people adopting speech patterns, catch phrases, and their entire personalities from movies. When Jim Carrey's "Ace Ventura" came out, every prick I know did their worst "allllrighty then" impression. You can still hear it echoed by smug school girls who try to compensate for their lack of personality and any semblance of wit by chanting this mantra so maybe you won't notice that they're lying whores. The worst is when some gabby ***** is the center of a party, and someone tells an awkward story, to which she'll pause a beat, roll her eyes, then say "oooooookayyyyy!" Then she thinks it's funny and she high fives all her snobby ***** friends who watch stupid shit like "Will & Grace" and "Average American Family deals with gay daughter," all while listening to whiny angst-filled "emo" bullshit and taking everything Carson Daly says as gospel. I hope you choke.
http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=chappelle

MF D00m
Hahaha!!!!

You gotta be some pimple faced 13 year old loser with that lame signature.What a fruit.

MF D00m
Oh, he's from Canada.No wonder he's gay.

realworlddreams
hey **** u *******...why the hell u gotta mess w/canada? im from canada...get over urself...they bagged on u for no reason, n u gave em proof, but jus lay off already...

Myth
Still, you are still the loser who goes around posting other peoples shit all over the net (credited or not). Yet we are the web losers, right. It also shows real maturity to dis on other's nationalities you racist bastard. Also, its not nice to be prejudice against homosexuals either you ashole. Why were you in such a 'hurry' to post anyway? Within 10 minutes you posted the Chapelle post in at least 2 sites, plus the Bill O'Riley thing at least here, if not elsewhere. You made it sound like several sites that you posted this. Where are they as well because I didn't see a link in the O'Riley post as well. To be honest, how do we know you didn't edit that post before you pasted it here anyway? I hope you rot in hell you unoriginal prejudice son of a b*tch.

MF D00m
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I must have hit home.I hope you rot in heaven.HAHA.F*ck heaven, hell, god, jesus, mary, and most importantly: YOU.HAHAHA.You loser.

The Vodkanator
uhm.. i'm really starting to wonder who is the loser here, but i will let somebody bigger than me decide, mate. if you can't be polite, that's your problem.

Hulkster
WOW...your parents must be so proud. I mean to so diligently devote your life to spreading the word of how lame it is to copy what a comedian says is just so rewarding. Your friends*cough ya I bet* probably hold you in very high regard, you must get invited to all sort's of social engagements.

Myth
Here is a quote of yours Doom:

"I added the link idiot.It's from maddox.com.I never heard of him until a week ago, but he seems pretty funny to me.Definatly an *******."

Does that mean that you didn't originally have the link? Trying to take credit? Doesn't matter, whether you did or not, you are still an ******* and nothing can stop you of that. Oh, and btw, it appears that I was right about you just finding out about Maddox and thinking you were clever for stealing his stuff until you realized (at both sites) that you were not the only one to have seen the site.

Myth
laughing I thought this was funny. MF Doom even steals insults from other sites. Where's your link to Prophecy's quote: "nah hes just on Maddox's nuts". You ARE the most original poster I've ever seen. You even stole the part about being on "Maddox's nuts."

Check it out: http://www.philaflava.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=104978&highlight=#104978

BTW: That is you using the Bill O'Riely post as I had guessed.

Crash Overload
So How Old are you DooM? Like Ten?

burlyman
I'm Rick James b!tch

Crash Overload

silver_tears
go drown yourself yes

The Vodkanator
^what she said.

go drown yourself in Ankh. if anybody knows what i mean. though i doubt it sad

Linkalicious
Oh please...

If you're going to talk shit on Canada...atleast live in a place that's better than it. Christ you live in Azusa...that's almost as bad as Riverside...and the 909.

badkittykitty
Courtesy
Don't attack others. Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult and personal attack.

this thread clearly is lacking Courtesy

closing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.