Neverwinter Nights

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vaya_the_elf
My favorite game right now is Neverwinter nights, if you play computer games than i suggest you play neverwinter nights. Its lots of fun, and there are all kind of cool spells, and classes.

Fire
it's kinda old and it doesn't live up to the real deal

vaya_the_elf
Well I enjoyed it. Why do you think it does not live up to the real deal?

BackFire
I thought it was good, but not nearly as great as it was made out to be.

And by "real deal" I think he's reffering to the table top D&D

vaya_the_elf
There really is no great rpg yet, at that i have seen. What i mean by rgp, is like actually roleplaying. Like something D&d or Merp. Someone still needs to create something that will meet the needs of roleplaying players. But i think its still a cool game, I love having lan partys with this game.

LanİeWindu
D&D is fun when you get a group of your close friends to play...when you play with real geeks though, it's not as fun IMO.

vaya_the_elf
I love D&d. *sniffs* I dont get to play as much though.

SlickRick69
We should all get AIM or something and get those chat room dice rollers and set up a D&D style RP chat/message board thing....

eleveninches
I bought the first neverwinter nights game a few years ago, but sold it earlier this year. This morning I got the Hordes of the underdark expansion pack, but need to get another copy of the original game to play it.

vaya_the_elf
I have aim. Is it just like D&D, or is it different.
Right now I have the Shadows of Undrentide, I dont have underdark yet. But its on my list of games to get. How do you like underdark?

eleveninches
I cant play it until I get another copy of NWN, as I uninstalled the game after I sold my copy on amazon, but it looks good. You can get up to level 40, and the Dragon Disciple, Weapon Master, and Dwarven Defender prestige classes look cool. It has loads of creatures set in the underdark (illithid, beholders, dryders, etc..)

vaya_the_elf
Dragon Disciple sounds good.

MasterWizard
I've been playing this game for a few years (ever since it came out). It's really fun online, and it has so-so single player. There are a few really good roleplaying servers online that you can join if you want to only roleplay.

vaya_the_elf
I like how it lets you Make your own game, I never have done it. But I knew someone that did.

eleveninches
I looked at the stats for it, and it looks to be the best prestige class in the game. You get armour bonus, ability bonus, breath weapon, extra hit points, (all of which increase as your level increases).
You can even get wings, and eventually turn into a half dragon (but its only available for sorcerers and bards sad)

Red_Drake
I think it is better to play as a druid, the only class that has an exclusive Prestige class, that is the Shapeshifter, I can attest it's greath, in later levels you can even turn into a dragon yourself, but... you need a winsdom higher than 30... which is kinda dificult to get without sacrificing somethings...

vaya_the_elf
Their is potion that can turn you into one for a short time, you dont get to breath fire, but you do get the strength

Raventheonly
I am alwalys a mage, i got both undrentide and hordes, i like the hordes of the underdark more but i don't like how either expansion has nothing to do with the origional other then you run into some of the characters from the first. Online rocks but peeps use editors to make themselves invincible basically too much.

MasterWizard
When you choose the Dragon Disciple, you don't get as many spells during your leveling, so that's a downside. About the only downside.

Dwarven Defender is a good one too, that's only available to the Dwarves. Watching a DD level up is like watching your character gradually turn into an unbreakable wall. You have to sacrifice something though, to get your constitution high enough to do good.

eleveninches
I always used to be a fighter when I had the game previously (before I sold it).
I just got all 3 NWN titles in the last couple of days, and am starting HOTU as a created level 15 character. Im going to be using a sorcerer(9)/DragonDiciple(6) to start with, though its the first time i've played as a magic user before.

The dragon disciple looks so cool, you get dragon breath and wings and become a half dragon and stuff. I was going to become a dwarven defender, but chose against it.

The list of D&D games I have now are:
Baldurs Gate/Tales of the Sword coast (sold)
Shadows of amn/Throne of bhaal (sold)
Icewind Dale/Heart of winter (sold)
Pool of radience-Shadows of Myth Drannor
Temple of Elemental Evil
Neverwinter Nights
Shadows of Undrentide
Hordes of the Underdark

vaya_the_elf
Baldurs gate is good, I played for a little while but it keep messing up on my computer. Also I played Diablo expansion which was good until some how all my cool characters got deleted some how.

Raventheonly
I loved the BG's story.

vaya_the_elf
It is spiffy. Right now i am not playing anything because my computer is dead, I am using someone else for a little bit.

eleveninches
Aparrently the makers of BG2 had designed and prepared about 70% of BG3, when they got an email or a letter saying that they did not have the gaming rights to produce the game, so it was scrapped.

Raventheonly
Strange... who does? Isn't it made by bioware and wizards of the coast?

MasterWizard
Bioware made the BG series. Black Isle helped a bit I guess, but Black Isle were also the ones with the rights to BG, and they let Bioware make it (I don't know why). Interplay published it. Now Black Isle won't let Bioware make another one.

Raventheonly
WTF... why... they do realize that game would bring in alot of money.

eleveninches
Im playing HOTU now.
I cant believe how powerful the dragon disciple presige class is.
I started with a bard (at the start of the game, without levelling up, gets 4 skill points of lore)
Next, I got 4 levels as a fighter (17 in both STR and CON, and with 11 INT), getting 4 more lore skill points in total
Then I got the 10 levels of Dragon Disciple, with all of the great permanent bonuses that go with it. (i got 23 HP for just one level-up in it, and have 26 STR, 22CON )
Im now focusing on just fighter class, and am getting loads of epic feats smile

I also have upgraded my favourate weapon (master li's way-katana), so now it is keen, permanently hasted, +8enchantment, regenerating, acid bonus weapon big grin

eleveninches
Just finished HOTU big grin
the game was so much easier than BG2.
The beholders and illithids were incredibly easier than the BG2 versions, probably because of the excellent items, and having 11 levels in red dragon disciple helps a lot!
From the start of level 2, I killed almost every enemy with only one or two hits, and at the end of the game, was killing pit fiends with a single strike (devastating critical- fortitude save or death on critical hit (15-20) laughing out loud )
There was no time in section 2 that my health was ever more than half depleted.
The one thing I missed out on was getting the true names of various NPC's, so aribeth got killed at the end sad
Im going to go back and try to buy her true name to keep her alive.

Raventheonly
I turned aribeth good and thats when i stopped until later.

DracotheDragon
What's it about? I've never even heard of it. confused

eleveninches
I turned aribeth good as well, but at the final battle against mephistopheles she sides with him. The **** mad
Once a traitor, always a traitor.

eleveninches
I finished HOTU as a Bard(1) Fighter(16) Dragon Disciple(11)
I levelled up online to lvl 40 with fighter levels, but I am going to level up from lv 28 again to replace my chosen feats with damage reduction feats

Raventheonly
6 levels rogue 18 wizard + a couple master wizard levels.

Raventheonly
I can bring down an entire army before i'm even touched... i killed most of the bosses with one volley of magic... like 3 time stops. Its great.

eleveninches
Yeah, I killed most people later in the game with one strike (devastating critical hit kills in one hit)

Raventheonly
On that battle where you fight the underdark army i sent everyone back and destroyed them all with out being touched.

eleveninches
yeah. me2. i was never significantly harmed in chapter 3, and most of chapter2.
But I couldnt see much difference between my character at lvl 40 and at lvl23.
I like the way the Dragon disciple boosts the ability scores (with high CON, i got 68 HP for just one level up).

BTW, how many wizard levels do you need to be able to cast lv9 spells??

DracotheDragon
I SAID

DracotheDragon
I SAID, WHAT'S IT ABOUT! mad

eleveninches
It's just so hard to play as a lvl 40 melee charachter.
I am going to rebuiold my character from scratch, with maybe a lvl 20 cleric or wizard or sorcerer.

Raventheonly
level 18

Raventheonly
The first original NWN part is :
You are a regular person called up during a massive plague caused at firsts supposidely by the Cowled Wizards. You help the city cure itself and become a powerful her which then leads the army against the combined might of all the races and armies that hate NW for its glory.

eleveninches
Im not sure what SOU is about (i have the game but havn't palyed it yet).

'Hordes of the Underdark' is about the underground world of underdark, where a drow woman has taken control of the region by gaining control of a devil called mephistophelees. Then you kill her, and the demon takes your place in the material plane, sending you to the 8th layer of hell. You then have to find a way to contol the grim reaper and escape hell to get back to Toril and kill the devil/demon guy before he can do any more damage.

eleveninches
Im going to start with a few new characters. I think im going to try playing as a wizard up to lvl 30 (to get the epic spells), and have started another character as a monk(22)/Cleric(18) with super high wisdom score.

Raventheonly
Really i've never played as anything other then a wizard, sorcerer, ranger, or Paladin.

eleveninches
In BG1, BG2 and the first NWN, and Temple of Elemental evil, I ALWAYS used a fighter, but its almost impossible to usea good lvl 40 melee character. I used a cleric in Icewind dale, but this will be the first time I have played as a wizard.

Raventheonly
I weep for you. Use your other characters to protect him. They are the worst melee characters alive.. unless you are a necromancer.

eleveninches
I never use henchmen in NWN. They get in the way too much, and steal my XP sad .
Im not sure wether to use a lvl 40 wizard or a 23monk/17cleric

Raventheonly
Wizards are the powerfullest chracteres in the game.. but you might want to use a henchmen if you are going to start a new game.

Raventheonly
Yet Wizards get a familiar that can usually keep the enemy at a distance.. evil use beholder... good use a panther.

Sirus Calenlase
Doesn't any here like dungeon siege? It's way better then never winter nights. the only bad thing about it is that the game is a little bit short. The gameplay and stuff is great...

MasterWizard
I have played Dungeon Siege, and I didn't like it that much. in NWN, you have one henchman, who you can interact with, and get quests from. In DS, you get up to 5 (or 7, can't remember) henchman who you can't talk to once they join your team. DS is all about powergaming. NWN is Roleplaying. It depend on your favourite style of gameplay I guess.

eleveninches
I played Dungeon siege before, and didnt like the way that you have to travel so far to get into a fight or complete a quest. it takes ages to complete

Hewkii_Dude
there is a new Neverwinter Nights...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.