Does Anybody Else Read Too Fast?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ElectricBugaloo
I think I read TOO fast. By the time i can enjoy a book, I'm done with it. and if I have a lot of free time (like now, during summer vacation, but before my job starts), I read about a book a day. And since I'm too lazy to go to teh library I just read the same books over and over.

Darth Revan
I do that too yes only for me the main problem isn't finishing books too fast since I don't mind that, it's just that a lot of the time I'm so engrossed in the book and I'm reading it so fast that I don't realize I'm not fully comprehending what the book is saying...

Trinity_Matrix
I read incredibly fast...as in I read all 870 pages of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix in one night (about 6 hours total)...but of course because I read so fast I tend to miss little details and always end up rereading books because of that...and because I like them smile

badkittykitty
I feel that way when I read to fast..then I end up re-reading the same paragraphs over and over because I think I've missed something.

MattyB
Well, there is good and bad things about reading fast... I think that reading fast could be a good thing, depending on your age, you would fly through your school books, but it's a bad thing like you said that you fly through personal readers. But good for you... I read fast, I finished The Da Vinci Code in 3 nights, thats from like 9pm-1am every night. I started it on Tuesday, Wednesday, skipped Thursday, and finished it on Friday. An easy reader, but a good book!

burlyman
me too embarrasment

Gregory
If I enjoy a book, I frequently finish it in less than a day. Whereas books that I don't enjoy linger on for months. Not the best system in the world.

ElectricBugaloo
well i got a job now, so i'll get off my lazy ass and actually do something besides read now.

and maybe i can afford to buy some new books

Vampiree
once i read 3 pratcehtt books in one day *sniff* they were SO GOOD... damn i ahte it, you can't enjoy a book for too long..

but, fortunately that happens very rarely big grin i'm a happy person.

cLoVi€
i've read some books like 7 times i know the plot almost by heart already and i'm considering reading them once agoin no expression

I am a Sock
I read all 5 HP books in 9 days. That's pretty fast. Sometimes I read too fast and miss details.

ArrghPirateGirl
I read HP 5 in less than 13 hours U tell me if thats fast

Exabyte
messed moi read HP IV in 3 hours messed

But I got rid of this problem as soon as I started reading Tolkien stick out tongue Now Im SO slow ... I maybe remember all details now, but I preferred reading faster erm

I think Pratchett is the right way to go back to the old speed though stick out tongue yes

The Innkeeper
I read HP 5 in maybe 18 hours

Agent Elrond
If you remember the details, then it's not too fast.

@Exa
Once I get HoME, I'll read it slow to memorize all the small details

Exabyte
Oooh yes the ruin of all fast reading big grin probably the books I read slowest in all my life since I learned reading... I read a lot faster when I was 6 years old than now in the HoME messed
But of course it also takes ages because I write down all the details and facts roll eyes (sarcastic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.