Nimrod vs. Ironman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maelstrom
The future Senital goes toe to toe with the Metal Avenger. What's your take. I guess Nimrod lays Ironman out. He almost killed Juggernaut, but Juggernaut wasn't using his magic shield, God only knows why. I need an Ironman enthusiast to say how Stark could stand to Nimrod.

Beyonder
Nimrod. Too poweful, adaptive, and highly advanced for Tony to handle.

who?-kid
Nimrod also.

Wynndar
i can never find ironman interesting....and i think he would definitely be on the run from Nimrod

Maelstrom
The thing about Ironman is that he can do almost anything for like 5 min. then he is overwhealmed.

Never
You seriously do not or have not read Ironman - current series or old one.

moshtitan
man, im not familiar w/ nimrod. anyone care to indulge?

Beyonder
http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/n/nimrodii.htm

http://www.geocities.com/marvel_villains/

This site has some great mug shots of Nimrod mugging The Unstoppable Juggernaut (who Nimrod stopped). smile

moshtitan
thank ya sir.

supermanprime
Iron Who!! Nimrod has powers that iron man only dreams about

Scoobless
Nimrod is nano-tech as far as i know and Iron Man uses and designs nano-tech....... if he were allowed time he could figure out a way to destroy Nimrod permanently.......... probably..........maybe......... well...........hell i don't fu*kin' know............STOP LOOKING AT ME!!!

LordFear
Seriously, it's not that difficult for Stark to whip up something in the lab to counter Nimrod's nanotech. SE is at the top of their game. This co is bigger than Microsoft, what the hell do you think?
Nimrod is toast!!!

demigawd
I bet Nimrod could counter first. Nimrod is from the future...he probably incorporates advanced nanotech that Stark is 10 years away from even discovering. This is essentially new hardware vs. old hardware.

No contest - Nimrod wins.

Scoobless
but if stark were to get hold of a sample of the newer nanotech then the advantage could be negated

ArekExcelsior2
Nimrod has technology far beyond Stark's wildest inventions. The only suit that could one-on-one take Nimrod was War Machine's Eidolon Warsuit.

However, Nimrod has shown a surprising ability to waste everything he's got, while Tony has shown no such ability. Further, Tony can choose a ton of suits to keep Nimrod guessing. If Tony can survive, he wins. If it's restricted to a knock-down drag-out fight, 90/10 Nimrod's favor.

LordFear
None of you people have obviously seriously read IM comix.
I am a die hard and can argue everything concerning him.
I can tell you from an IM paperback volume which gives all info concerning Stark and his co, that Stark has inventions and patents that he hasn't even put out on the market because half of the time either he doesn't have the time or the nature of these inventions are harmful and he doesn't want to contract with any firm that might use his tech for wrongdoing. The man has dozens of stuff still either on the blueprint or prototype stage.So to say that or imply that we know exactly of Starks full genius or capabilities would be false. We simply don't know the extent of his mind.

ArekExcelsior2
Right, but see, LordFear, even the most innovative people in an industry can't beat out 50-100 years of advancement. Particularly since Nimrod was ALSO built by super-scientists. So, yes, I gave Iron Man the benefit of the doubt precisely because he has such genius and such an armada of weaponry, but Nimrod is simply going to be a better machine. It'll be man v. machine that settles it.

We know this because Frank Rhodes commented endlessly on how much better the Eidolon was than anything he'd seen Tony try, ever.

who?-kid
I still vote for Nimrod lol, too bad we don't see him more in comics. If there's one underwritten powerhouse, it's Nimrod.

Ultron looks like C3PO compared to Nimrod.

Lord S
Iron Man is tough...no doubt about it, but Nimrod is on a whole different level. Iron Man pretty much got his ass handed to him by Ronan the Accuser at one time to the point where he even contemplated suicide bombing as the last resort to stop the Kree warrior.

Nimrod would tear him apart.

yugotank
Tony cant win'em all. NIMROD!

guy222
nimrod

Juk3n
Nimrod obliterates Ironman - in a long drawn out fight - but (and ive always been curious about this) Nimrod's shown to be shattered many times, could not the peices just be sealed/kept seperate before he reforms?

Scoobless
Hmmm ... Nimrod certainly does seem to be on a higher level than Iron Man ... seems almost unfair to have them fight one another.

shifty

leonidas
yes

DigiMark007
I f*cking love this practice during tourneys. It warms my heart to see the sideways barbs cast around like darts, or when a bevy of threads surface about an obscure character to figure him out in a hurry.

Tony stomps, btw.

*drafts Tony*

shifty

OneDumbG0
I don't see what Nimrod has over Tony. He's a Sentinel from Days of Future Past. And because of Marvel's fluid timeline, Days of Future Past is at most 20 years in the future, if you compare the ages of current Kitty and future Kitty. Has Tony ever been outclassed by future technology? The only instance I know of, off the top of my head, is when he was getting beat by Arno Stark of 2020. And well, he was in his 80's suit back then. I think anything Nimrod throws at Extremis Iron Man, Stark could figure out and find a counter to. As traditional artificial intelligence, I don't think his processes and protocols could keep up with the creative and machine/man hybrid Stark.

The Illuminati
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
I don't see what Nimrod has over Tony. He's a Sentinel from Days of Future Past. And because of Marvel's fluid timeline, Days of Future Past is at most 20 years in the future, if you compare the ages of current Kitty and future Kitty. Has Tony ever been outclassed by future technology? The only instance I know of, off the top of my head, is when he was getting beat by Arno Stark of 2020. And well, he was in his 80's suit back then. I think anything Nimrod throws at Extremis Iron Man, Stark could figure out and find a counter to. As traditional artificial intelligence, I don't think his processes and protocols could keep up with the creative and machine/man hybrid Stark.

yes

I agree IM is getting less respect than Howard The Duck here. Tony can deal with anything "And i do mean anything" that Nimrod has out there to give. Who's to say that Tony's technopathy can't just take over or flat out shut Nimrod down. I'm tending to believe he can.

IM for the majority.

8/10 IMO

OneDumbG0
^ With picosecond processing times... why not? shifty

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/3158/ironman01ym1.th.jpg

-K-M-
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Has Tony ever been outclassed by future technology? The only instance I know of, off the top of my head, is when he was getting beat by Arno Stark of 2020.

and Iron Lad in the first Young Avengers series, but he wasn't Extremis then...or I don't think

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.