Favorite Weapon of ME

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Agent Elrond

Thorondor
GLAMDRING eek!

big grin

Cynethryth
From the named ones, it's Gurthang... powerful, wonderful weapon... especially because it belonged to Beleg and Eol, two of the best elves in the whole history of Arda big grin

Aeglos and Ringil are also cool though ... and Grond of course big grin big grin *likes*

shadowy_blue
For me, Gurthang is the most intriguing sword in Middle Earth. I always found extremely fascinating the fact that it was forged by Eol out of meteoric rock! It seemed to have a powerful will of its own, and it was certainly of magnificent craftsmanship. The only sword with a real personality and will, as it were.

It is Turin's sword, although it was originally forged by Eol. Eol then gave it as tribute to King Thingol for allowing Eol to abide in his realm. Beleg Cuthalion chose it to be his weapon on his search for longtime friend Turin Turambar, who had gone into exile. Beleg Strongbow was struck down by Turin Turambar, who used Gurthang on him, mistaking Beleg for an orc. Turin slew Glaurung with Gurthang, as well as Brandir and many others, and alas impaled himself upon its cold black edge.

The sheer sadness of the story and the obvious cold and dark will of the sword (a remnant of the will of Eol its master) is what makes it so interesting to me. No other swords can compare to it personality-wise, save maybe Glamdring, the sword of Turgon wielded later by Gandalf. smile

Discos
Dramborleg of course, to favour an axe over a sword is a bold statement!

Bar-en-Danwedh
yeah, Gurthang... it killed the most evil character in all of middle earth: GLaurung (if you disagree with that statement re-read the book, he was an uber jerk). the most powerful of Dragons.

also of note it was not buried with Beleg it's owner at the time. it saw so much sadness, and tragedy... and triumph. some of the greatest stories of middle earth revolve around that sword...

and it spoke!!!
(which i can't beleive you didn't mention, BLue)

shadowy_blue
Oh..yeah..LOL!! stick out tongue

Yeah..Gurthang is freakin' talking! That's a bonus!! big grin

Cynethryth

Discos
but but....but....the axe!! sad no

Cynethryth

Discos
thenb i shall keep y 1 vote 11.11% pink bar on the poll!

Thorondor
hehe YAY im the only one who voted Glamdring

shifty

it belongs to meeeeeeeeeeeee! stick out tongue

A.D. Skinner
Actually anything with a sharp blade would suffice right now...

...not that I am suicidal at the moment...but I am a little on edge ! evil face

Thorondor
well if homicidal is the case i would recommend Gurthang...if suicidal then....Gurthang lol

coolboarder98
Come on! Glamdring and Galdalf! As a side note, Glamdring was spelled wrong in the books; Tolkien originally spelled with a C. It's actually supposed to be Clamdring.

Fëanor
well...i sort of liked the witch kings weapon in rotk... embarrasment

imagine getting bonked with that sucker...

Thorondor
they were selling wiki's sword on that show big grin but it weighs a ton laughing the guy trying to lift it was so funny.

A.D. Skinner
Yes...a mace...now that could do some damage.

Anyone know where I can pick up one ?

Fëanor
they sold out wikkie's sword over here at the mall...but the mace...now that is one big m*thuh...if you had the strength and the skills to use that thing...OMG!!!

i pity the fool with a sword and shield...

and they haven't made one yet...or you could always fly to NZ and break into PJ's warehouse where he keeps all that stuff...

Thorondor
eek! he has a warehouse

shifty

ladygrim
nething sharp

Thorondor
what?

A.D. Skinner
I say we go and get in and loot the place ! yes

Thorondor
im up for that ad big grin

A.D. Skinner
Split it 50/50 ???

Thorondor
sounds fair

A.D. Skinner
Sounds fair to me too !

I am sure that PJ has a lot of weapons locked up there...we would be like kids in a candy shop

Thorondor
big grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grin "don't tempt me" ad stick out tongue

Cynethryth
roll eyes (sarcastic)

... Clamdring? Where's that?
Strange, as it comes from the sindarin word "Glam", "noise", also used for orcs -> Orc-hammer

Discos
Looting eek! looting is fun big grin

anyways what ladygrim said was

"nething sharp" anything sharp

Discos - hates text being shortened on the net, its not a bleeding mobile phone.....no need to save money!

Fëanor
laughing ...and this from the man with the typos...

yeah...he actually does have a warehouse in NZ...read that he couldn't bear to part with it and to hear the sound of the auctioner's hammer...

it's under lock and key like fort knox from what i read...besides the props he gave to the principal actors...he has all the weaponry and armour from all the movies...

rumour has it that he's gonna build a museum for it...

and i get 60 percent just for mentioning it...the loot that is

Thorondor
nah ad i couldn't steal from his after what he has done for me big grin

Trickster
Sting! Sting! Sting!

Well, that's my arguement...

Discos
I only have typos when exceedingly amount of units of alchahol enter my system

Discos - pfft......fool miffed:

Discos
meh sting is not bad, didnt actually get used that much imo, sam seemed to of used it most but Bilbo had a fair share in his trip to the ye olde mountains

Fëanor
for some reason...Anduril has that mystical quality like Excalibur does...
anyone, anyone??

Discos
to make a point i quite liked Beleg's sword (originally crafted from Eol the dark elf)

Turin killed Beleg with it and it was so black and twisted the way he did it, evil sword i say!

Discos
btw it was called Anglachel,

it was named something later on by the elves of Norgothrond, something to do with the dark sword or dark blade

Discos - meh erm

Cynethryth
laughing out loud

*points at other posts*

Gurthang, Death Iron... and Mormegil (Mormacil), Black Sword.

Discos
ah shit I am a fool, lol embarrasment

christ i am griefed, i forgot it had two names hehe, that "was" Turins sword afterwards

Discos - my bad

telecontari
My fav weapon is Sauron's mace.

Agent Elrond
Sauron's mace is only good is he has the Ring. It was cool to see it in the movie, but there are better, more famous weapons

Thorondor
*cough* grond

Ddraiglais
By Grond, do you mean the Hammer of the Underworld or the battering ram? Either way, that's my pick.

Adam

Discos
not questioning your knowledge man but thats where you are wrong, Sauron was a maia and had strength, he was a dark lord and did pack a good punch. The ring didnt give him ultra strength to an extent

Agent Elrond
^you're right. it was Sauron's powers that made the mace dangerous, not the weapon's magic.

Discos
lol well someone changed their mind roll eyes (sarcastic)

actually I am remembering this quote from either sauron or Cyn ages back, for instance it is saying that Aragorn is a man and could only use his man strength to use his sword......if you get what I mean

Sauron (without the ring) was still a strong b*tch, he was a maia and could change shape and appearence....

Discos - Huan still whooped his ass shifty stick out tongue

deathbysterio
rock the sword of narsil rules dude...yea!!!!rock

Agent Elrond
Narsil was cool

Gurthang just rocks. Turin rules and so did his sword

Discos
I want to change my answer to Grond!

The Hammer of the underworld!

Montross
I concur.

Discos
I wonder how Gandalf got his sword after being sent back to middle earth confused

Agent Elrond
magic

Exabyte
Hmmm excellent question... I mean, he lost everything else... confused

confused

I agree, Gurthang is one of the most bestest weapons in Middleearth yes

Discos
it isnt actually my question Exa, I stole it from a question and answer lord of the rings site.....(i was on there trying to find out where exactly Thorondor dwelt, misty mountains isnt good enough.....which side, which turf....where did he go for a shit and so on)

They replied that Gwaiwir must of picked it up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.