The Darkness

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

muse5
Does anyone listen to these guys, they're like led zep meets queen on acid, in a good way though! 'I believe in a thing called love' has been playing like non stop on mtv2, fyi
band

loserib
there is allready a thread about them just serche for it

stinkfist462
there is like 3 threads on them ... sick

PrefectRonnykin
sad enough its tru

SAtown_punk
There is one, yes. Anyway, I like them. A breath of fresh air, I think.

stinkfist462
please .. someone close this thread .. and use the god damn Search button .. mad

Darth Revan
Yeah... I already made a thread about them... Plus the fact that they play a song on MTV all the time is no indicator of whether or not it's good

stinkfist462
yeah .. i dont like them . but i do like the old guitar sounds and what not .. but i dont like them ..

muse5
well excuse me, i didn't mean that they're great just because they're on mtv, i just said it because some people might have seen it but not have known the band, i apologize to anyone i might have offended anyone because i didn't use the search button

pipschick
Don't worry about this extra board Muse5, i made another discussion board for AFI, not realising there already was one embarrasment
Anyway, i like The Darkness, Been to their aunts pub, where they did their first gig!
I live near their home town ya see smile Well, i 'm in Norfolk, they are in Suffolk. Near enough!!

SAtown_punk
I heard "I Believe In a Thing Called Love" on MTV and I immediately liked it. I went and downloaded their entire album, and it's great. That's why I like them.

KMC
I love the fact that they're just having a laugh at themselves. The album's pretty great but WAY to short. I like the fact that they write songs about pubic lice and w*nking. I'm not weird, its just that they're a breath of fresh air compared to some of the sh*t that's come out of England in the last year.

Kate xx

pipschick
I agree, there are so many bands that copy other bands material, so it's great to see a band enjoying themselves, and writing their own stuff, Good on yer lads!! big grin

SAtown_punk
well said...both of you.

SlipknoT
for some reason i like them. I have a feeling they'll be 1 hit wonders though

loserib
i really like them to dont know what it is though

SAtown_punk
I don't think so. Maybe in America they will be, but in Britain, they were famous before "I Believe in a Thing Called Love" hit America.

SlipknoT
the lead singer looks like steve-o

PrefectRonnykin
poor stink suffering cry i hate it when he suffers its so scary scared

hooverhoover

KMC
As much as i like the Darkness. I have a feeling that there is going to be the mother of all backlashes.
But that's what the British press does- build someone up and then they get loads of pleasure knocking them back down. Bloody journalists...

Katexx

stinkfist462
uhh ... ok confused .. how do you know me ? j/w

yeah .. please close the thread or use any of the other ones.. PLEASE .. or merge them or sumthing .. mad

SAtown_punk
lol. That's kinda weird. I think you have a stalker, dude.

Sigillum_Diaboli
the darkness is ok ... not my fav ... one of the worst .. but still listenable

SAtown_punk
I don't think their that bad...have you heard anything besides "I Believe in a Thing called Love"?

steely balls
They grow on you after a while, now i love them

stinkfist462
lol
yeah they do start to grow on you ... i was listening to the CD at my friends house .. and well .. they are actually kinda good blink

someone slap me

SAtown_punk
Why? Because you've noticed what other people are too blind to see?

VilleValo462
no .. becuase i used to hate them .. now i kinda like them ..

SAtown_punk
That's good, I guess. Why did you hate them at first?

steely balls
i used to think they tried to hard, and seemed really cheesy. but now i kind of like them that way. it definitely takes your mind off that teeny bop rock that has been becoming popular. the darknesses music is really fun to listen to, and we don't see that to often any more.

amlap
i went to a local concert last night and one of the bands covered "do you believe in a thing called love". the greatest thing bout it was that the singer was hitting some of the high notes... blink

SAtown_punk
lol. I sure as hell can't hit those high notes. I think he has a machine permanently attached to his balls that squeezes them at times when he has to go really high.

VilleValo462
eek!
or a vice grip ..

Lord Shadow Z
The Darkness are really gay, they should have been strangled at birth and not let near an electric guitar. I remember being happy when they were not around to scream like girls and win the Brits for doing sweet FA.

loserib
i thought the guitar was the ebst part of the band

total nettlehead
yeah i hate them but they are pretty good guitarists. some of their solos are ok.

VilleValo462
yes
thats i all really like in them ..

SAtown_punk
Why are they gay? They're talented. What's your opinion of good music, Lord Shadow

VilleValo462
talented ?? how ??
well besides the solos rock

SAtown_punk
It's just my opinion.

VilleValo462
yeah ... and prolly about half the fans opinion as well big grin

SAtown_punk
that doesn't make sense...

loserib
i just read that they have sold out allmost all their usa shows and some of them sold out in like 15 minutes

Jeff_Atello
That doesn't surprise me. They may just be a trend right now, though.

VilleValo462
thats what im starting to think as well confused

lil bitchiness
UGH!!

I cant stand them....at all!!

Jeff_Atello
May I ask why?

incuhead1024
i like it because it sounds older than what todays music crap is. all the good music is in the past basically.. but i think the darkness is pretty good.

andyF1
There going to have to be around a few more years before they become any where as good as zepplin

VilleValo462
try abotu ... like .
15 year until as good as Zep ..

Jeff_Atello
I don't like Zeppelin, but there's no doubt that they are classic. It pains me to say this, but I don't believe The Darkness will be around much longer.

loserib
i dont like zeplin either but the darkness sticking around just all depends on their next record

Jeff_Atello
That's true. They have to survive the "Sophmore Slump."

VilleValo462
laughing out loud
yup ... i dont think they will last long at all

muse5
Zep is eternal, where as the Darkness may not last that long but they will last... but to whoever said that u like them because it takes your mind off the teeny bopper rock around today... i TOTALLY agree, one of my friends told me to get into the present because i listen to too much zep and acdc, i was like besides a select few (darkness and few others), today's music sucks, listen to what's good, that's why i think the darkness will last, people need to get back to the classics

Jeff_Atello
I don't think today's music sucks. I lvoe many of the bands that are around today because of the simple fact that music is an ever-evolving thing. If you hate the music today then that kind of makes you a hypocrite, because at one point, the music in the past was fresh.

loserib

VilleValo462
AKA ..... Selling out ....

KMC
If its true then thats really pathetic. But it is from a tabloid so could be aload of boll'ocks.

Kate xx

claidisa_felton
my dad knows sum1 hu used 2 b in the darkness

Jeff_Atello
That's not selling out...that's asking for money that is due to them. Anyway, they don't ask for money, their agent does. And as you said, that's from a tabloid.

Meggs
Their song, "I believe in a thing called love" makes me laugh! laughing laughing laughing

Piggle Humsy
My brothers mate used to be in The Darkness before they actually became the Darkness.. back when they were called Empire but he left as they were taking a different route to where he wanted to go in music.
I think The darkness are cool! They need to be taken lightly as they have talent but also have fun which is cool, Justin (lead) knew how to play every queen song on his guitar by the age of 12! Now that's dedication!

Piggle one eye
x x x x

VilleValo462
wow .. do you have proof of this .. or just heard it somewhere ?

muse5
i don't hate all of the music today, just alot of it, rock isn't about rock anymore, its about impressing people, i know that classic rock was once fresh, and i would have liked it then too, i'm not saying that i can't like anything new, im saying i don't like that much that's been recent

VilleValo462
yes

Piggle Humsy
Yeh I heard it from My Brother! I dont need proof..I know it's true..whether ppl believe me or not is up to them... I dont care either way. I was just mentioning it. smile

Piggle one eye
x x x x

VilleValo462
o

BadBabe
lol eek!he stole my letter im the one who says "o" geek

VilleValo462
hah .... no .. it was mine .. MINE evil face

Placebo_fan
What is up with the darkness recently. First they were all 'I beleive in a thing called love' and now they're all 'Love is only a feeling'...
Uh, am i the only one who's noticed this? confused

VilleValo462
if you have the CD ..... there are many weird things ... here is the track list

Black Shuck
Get Your Hands Off My Woman
Growing On Me
I Believe In A Thing Called Love
Love Is Only A Feeling
Givin' Up
Stuck In A Rut
Friday Night
Love On The Rocks With No Ice
Holding My Own

it is very weird ..

Placebo_fan
yeah, wierd. I don't have the cd, but i do like some of the songs they release.

muse5
justin hawkins barks at the end of black shuck, one of my friends told me about it and i heard it, it's kinda cool but you have to listen closely

ElectricBugaloo
ugg...the darkness are a great representation of a lot of things that are wrong with music.
most notably, the lack of talent

sacrament25
The whole of hteir album is brilliant.

ilvorlandobloom
"i believe in a thing called love" is so funny! i love that song! i think thats the only The Darkness song ive heard though.

is the cd worth buying?

loserib
so let me get this straight the guitarist from audioslave has talent and the guy that palys guitar for darkness does not
sorry man but your idea of talented guitarist is a litlle twisted
ive heard records from both and i think the guy from darkness would play circles around the guy from audioslave

ElectricBugaloo
i dont' know why you think that. I mean, the guy from the Darkness does stuff that guitarists have been doing for 20 years. meanwhile, Tom Morello has been doing innovative things with his guitar for the past 10 years.

Zach De La Rocha and Chris Cornell are way more talented than Justin Hawkins.

Df02
Overrated, overplayed
Underclothed, Undertalented

theyre flogging a dead horse by bringing back old rock.

StinkFist462
ya but remember ... this is GOOD what he is playing ... Audioslave is just so boring to me

ElectricBugaloo
Tom Morello was in a little band called Rage Against the Machine too ya know.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.