Gladiator vs. Juggernaut

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maelstrom
Gladiator can rip stars in half. I think he may have enough power to finish off Juggernaut. I've seen the Hulk in Secert Wars hold up a moutian range that weighed billions of tons. I'm not to sure what people are talking about when they say he is stronger than someone like Gladiator. I mean in order to rip a star in half you would have to be enormous and your invulnerability would have to be sufficant to withstand the heat of the center of a star.
That strength level combined with all the rest of his powers makes Gladiator the top contender to knock Juggernaut off his perch as Unbeatable.

VENOMfan
I think Gladiator has beaten Juggernaut..not 100% sure.....

If he did I think it was easily, like he slapped him away or somthing

Beyonder
Gladiator takes this, but not because he can rip stars in half. I've never even heard he could do this...because mostlikely it isn't true.

moshtitan
ya, in that old x-men cartoon that used to come on when i was a kid, gladiator did punch juggernaut lik to another galaxy. just lik that. with such ease. it even makes me feel small. and by no means is juggernaut unbeatable. i mean you just mentione hulk. hulk owns juggernaut. i would take gladiator 100%

shaber
Gladiator has beaten Juggernaut already.

Beyonder
moshtitan

ya, in that old x-men cartoon that used to come on when i was a kid, gladiator did punch juggernaut lik to another galaxy. just lik that. with such ease.

No, Juggernaut was the one who threw the punch at Gladiator and had no effect at all. Gladiator didn't punch but grabbed Marko by the arm, fly upwards, and threw his ass across the ocean.

FrothByte
yah i remembered that cartoon. it was funny to see the expression on juggy's face when he punched gladiator full in the chest and gladiator just smirked on him. gladiator has too much power at his disposal for juggy to match.

oh, and when and where did these 2 already fight? i wasn't aware of it (asides from the cartoons)?

Darth Jello
yer talking about the imperial guard, not melvin potter, right?

FrothByte
yes, im assuming we're talking about the head of the imperial guard

moshtitan
ya thats how that cartoon happened. shocking really, how powerfulll gladiator is.

Linkalicious
is this really a discussion?

Why wouldn't Gladiator just fly Jugg into a sun and drop him off there...

Wynndar
idk who has more TRUE power between the two...sometimes Gladiator seems vastly stronger than most earth heroes....but this is not his natural power...he uses psionic Shi'ar technology to enhance his strength....when this isnt working he was easily knocked out by invisible woman...cannonball has taken advantage of his artificial powers too...Galdiator is not unbeatable...but he would probably be a good match for Jugs, with or without his enhancements...his natural strength and durability r still way up there...his eye beams are pretty sweet too...but regardless....Jugs is way too slow to get close to touching Gladiator....his speed would be his greatest advantage in this fight.

Maelstrom
If you look in the Marvel updated glossery of the 90's it tells why Invisible women could beat him. I think he may have fallen victim to some type of radiation, but i don't positivly recall the circustances.
Also it is unknown if Gladiator even uses shiar` tech. to increase himself, but it is presumed that since it is available that he most likely does.
There is actually a pic out there somewhere of Gladiator riping a star in half, ive seen it and also read about whether or not it was a boast. Marvel stated that he is probely capable of doing just that, then released the photo. Again i am not sure of the timeline of the release but there it is.
On the same note, i think Juggernaut of all individuals would be his best challenge. Frankly Cain is superstrong to invulnerablity, and then he is just plain invulnerable, and then he has the magic shield.
I'm not sure what it would take or even if Gladiator could get past the shield, and if he did he would face someone who should be completely invulnerable, at least thats how Juggs. was. Then he would face strength invulnerability.
It would be quit a freckin` match.
I'd be routing for Cain.

Beyonder
Wynndar
....when this isnt working he was easily knocked out by invisible woman...cannonball has taken advantage of his artificial powers too...Galdiator is not unbeatable

???Cannonball barely did anything; he managed one feat that stunned Gladiator. Gladiator was handling him like a baby for most of the time. And Gladiator's intent wasn't to kill the mutant; it was to draw out the X-Men and he succeeded.

SuperDarryl
This is a interesting fight. I remeber the fight that the X-men had with Gladiator and some other guys. The X-men matched up against a team with Gladiator on it. Don't remeber the comic book number, but it was a X-men comic. I know Gladiator had a fight with Collusus, and I believe Gladiator kicked Collususs ass, I think he knocked Collusus unconcious. Correct me if I'am wrong anyone. Anyway though, I know Gladiator is a bad ass fighter, and he's strong as hell, and he can kick most superheros or villans asses. I don't really know the extent of his powers, or weather or not he rely's on artifical or magical strength I don't know, but he's one tough cookie. Juggernaut, I know rely's on magic for his powers. Guess we need to see them fight toe-to-toe to see who wins, I don't know who's the better fighter, or who's more powerful? Very cool match up though smile

Beyonder
Gladiator's the better cause he's an imperial guard and probably lived longer than Kain. Gladiators more powerful and versatile as well.

Wynndar
for maelstrom:....im not sure who u r quoting from marvel...but if its the old marvel directory im pretty sure they mention he is vulnerable to an unknown wavelength of radiation....demonstrated by the Skrulls during his battle with the FF....however they do not say that is the reason Sue Richards easily knocked him out...they say his power is dramatically shortened when his confidence is compromised...and there is no evidence that this was caused by the radiation...additionally, his strength is augmented, for a fact, through some kind of psionic means...the same Marvel Directory says that this has been revealed to be Shi'ar technology...even Reed Richards stated that his powers were not brute strength, but psionic in nature...although he does still possess vast superhuman strength naturally, there would be no way for him to uproot a building without his psionic technology...the building would crumble under itself...this is fact...not speculation...and more evidence to why his powers r psionic....to Beyonder: i was not trying to say cannonball did anything, except take advantage of the psionic powers that belong to gladiator...it was being exposed to these powers that caused cannonball to absorb an unprecedented amount of kenetic energy...well, unprecedented for him at least...he didnt even do this consciously....i was not trying to build up cannonball or downgrade Glad. i was just giving more of an explanationof his powers...like he said, all gladiator would have to do to beat cannonball is punch him right into the sun...which he claims he can do...here is a good argument for why gladiator is not unbeatable, have u seen him battle Thor...they were both pretty evenly matched...I still say Gladiator takes down Jugs

Maelstrom
I think you may be stating that the way you would like to understand it. They do indeed say the building would crumble with out some sort of aid to hold the building up, to be more percise. However, they go on to say they must speculate as to why the building didn't crumble and that includes the poss. that Gladiator is aided.
I think they want him to develope like a Prefect. Where he is total Strength, Invulnerablity and other powers that all complement his person.
I can say this, whenever there is real trouble in Marvel and no one else is up to the challenge, who appears but no one else than Gladiator.
Frankly though i see him as stronger and more invulnerable than Juggernaut ever was.
Superdarryl, the scene that wynnadr is speaking of is the one used in the Marvel deluxe edition under Gladiator. Right where he pics up the building and drops it on Colossus. It wasn't a contest. Gladiator got a little bit of dirt on him, but that is nessessary when you face off against someone.
Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't that the fight to save Phoenix form execution. Proffessor X felt really sad that Colossus had to be beaten down by Gladiator. He knew Peter could not hold his own, only postpone the inevitable.
Wynndar, i don't mean to sound like a jerk, but they just don't seem to know. Thanks for the psi explanation, the way i read it was that his uniform's tech. may actually aid him in what he does. So if it were his desire for the building to hold together it would.
Now if he has this psionic power all to himself, and the tech also aligns with the wearers power, then my own interpertaion of how strong he is has been an underestimation.

who?-kid
Yes, you're right, it was in an old X-Men comic, in my opinion a comic from a golden age - the John Byrne age smile. I think the fight was on the Moon, near the home of the Watcher, but I could be wrong. And Colossus lost to Gladiator, it was no real contest.

By the way, Gladiator can defeat Juggernaut. The way I see it, Gladiator IS Juggernaut with a few extras. But then again, didn't the Hulk almost kill Gladiator once ?

So maybe Juggernaut has a chance after all.

(Pff, I'm confused, I don't know who will win smile.)

Maelstrom
If i remeber right the fight took place on a increadable hard to find planet that is guarded by a short sentinal(or guardian) who at a glace doesn't appear to imposing. He is supposed to be impassable for he guards the crystal that could destroy the entire universe. Dark Phoenix sought it and passed the little guy, and the classic Death of Phoneix, must a been in the early 100's of x-men or before, took place.

moshtitan
man, gladiator lifted up a building that time he fought the f.f.
also. i like that issue.

SuperDarryl
Yeah I remeber seeing Gladiator rock Collussus, literaly. yes Good comic book series though.

JuggernautFan
well, if we are comparing fights, of whom each had previously fought..... gladiator has lost to thor, and to hulk. if i'm not mistaken even thunderstrike had aquitted himself quite well against gladiator. all of whom juggernaut has knocked out, or overpowered on more than one occasion. also, the cartoon isn't in continuity, and it means nothing. they only used juggernaut because in comics they used firelord, and apparently he wasn't popular enough to use in the cartoon version. so he was replaced with juggernaut to lend credibility to gladiator. also, for those saying that gladiator rocks colossus..... juggernaut has too. he has knocked him out twice, from a single blow.........

Unstoppable
Gladiator threw the Juggernaut a great distance. While that is fun and all - I sure got a kick out of it - that's more or less a 'so what?' deal. Juggernaut tried to punch him, and the speed of the Gladiator caught him, and threw him away - Jugg's had no chance to really respond to it.

Not like Juggernaut had a chance to fight him in that situation, being a few hundreds miles away at that point. *laughs* He sure was pissed off, though.

Gladiator would either 1) Throw the Juggernaut too far away for the battle to continue in any reasonable amount of time, or after laying into the Juggernaut with some extremely 'oomph' moves, and seeing the Juggernaut bad-mouthing him in response without so much as a scratch, the Gladiator would weaken to a point where I can forsee the Juggernaut landing a punch, sending the Gladiator through a building or whatnot, and it just getting worse from there as the Gladiator continually loses heart (and thus his power).

FrothByte
and what would happen if gladiator threw juggy to the sun? gladiator has too much variety of powers to use at his disposal.

Unstoppable
A sun could not physically melt the Juggernaut. But I don't see how the hell the Juggernaut could get out of the Sun, so I suppose you could say if he was thrown into a Sun, it'd take someone like the pestering Dr. Strange to warp him out again, or something of that nature.

Or have something like the 8th Day Juggernaut occur once more, and have him use his latent, untapped powers to do something about it - what, I do not know.

Hmm..

Beyonder
Unstoppable

Juggernaut tried to punch him, and the speed of the Gladiator caught him, and threw him away - Jugg's had no chance to really respond to it.

Juggernaut didn't just try, he actually landed that punch dead onto Gladiator's chest, yet it had no effect at all. Then Gladiator grabbed him by the arm like a 2 year old and threw his ass across the ocean.

SUPERMANDAMAN
ITS KINDA A RETARDED MATCH UP HOW CAN U PUT JUGGY UP AGAINST SOMEONE LIKE GLADIATOR JUGGERNAUT WOULD GET BEAT TOO FAST

who?-kid
No he wouldn't. It can go either way.

Maelstrom
I like the Juggernaut who does not tire and can only be stopped by telepathy. He has a magic shield that not only adds to his phys. inv. but give equal opposition to magic assult. There are few things that should be able to disable Juggernaut, like Magiks soul sword, telepathy, Shatterstars, combination of science/magic swords. Maybe the black knights sword.
Maybe his power is a healing factor that never stops increasing his healing so that he is invulnerable and even when something effects him like shatterstars swords his factor goes forward.
Gladiator can rip light apart but can he rip healing apart?

JuggernautFan
man o man.... trying to use a cartoon (not in continuity) as an arg

JuggernautFan
man o man.... trying to use a cartoon (not in continuity) as an argument??? in the comics, it was firelord that this happened to. not the juggernaut. the cartoon version only used juggernaut because firelord wasn't popular enough. so the switch was made to juggs to lend gladiator credibility, to show how powerful phoenix was. it isn't in continuity and it means nothing.......

FrothByte
so are you saying that juggy should be able to stomp firelord?

JuggernautFan
not sure.... i was simply trying to say that a cartoon shouldn't be used as a reference point against juggernaut. but i must say it COULD go either way with juggernaut and gladiator. it isn't set in stone, gladiator may have the technology/wider array of power to take down juggernaut (not permanently mind you). i'm leaning towards 50/50 myself. that is if gladiator is written properly. if it is the one that his confidence shakes him, then he will lose. and bad at that.

JuggernautFan
i also believe that spiderman has a clear cut victory over firelord. we all know that spiderman is no match for juggernaut..... so yea id say it's well within juggernauts abilities to match firelord....

Wynndar
hey man u said the Hulk beat Gladiator, when was this?

Beyonder
Juggernautfan
man o man.... trying to use a cartoon (not in continuity) as an argument??? in the comics, it was firelord that this happened to. not the juggernaut.

No all of us. Some brought up that they remembered Gladiator taking Juggernaut's punch in the cartoon series. However, the rest of us were only talking about what happened and trying to remember the events and correcting some mistakes made about what happened during that encounter in the cartoon series. We weren't using it as evidence in a fight.

Austinzilla
you guys are just biased because your big juggernaut fans....of course youre going to say that juggernaut can beat anyone! id like to see you admit that juggs would lose against someone

Never
This is a VERY faulty argument, JF. Spiderman beat Firelord in a FISTFIGHT. He was also able to dodge Firelord's blasts. Spiderman is waaaaaay quicker and way more agile than Juggernaut, plus has his Spider Sense to aid him. Do you think that Spiderman would have been able to survive one of those blasts of flame if it hit him directly?

That being said, you DO realize that Firelord is of Class 100 Strength and wields the power cosmic? I will also point out that the "power cosmic" is not a TERRESTRIAL force, because pursuant to Juggernaut's profile:

"Once he begins to walk in a certain direction, no obstacle or force on Earth has been observed to be able to stop him."

But does that matter since "If the Beyonder let loose a blast that destroyed the entire solar system, only JUGGERNAUT would be unharmed?" -- not-so-anonymous, ardent Juggernaut fan

laughing out loud

Beyonder
Originally posted by JuggernautFan
i also believe that spiderman has a clear cut victory over firelord. we all know that spiderman is no match for juggernaut..... so yea id say it's well within juggernauts abilities to match firelord....

Like Never said, Firelord is cosmic level; he shouldn't have lost to Spiderman.

I know Spideys beaten Juggernaut before, but he shouldn't be able to. Peter's at Class 10 and shoots webbing, yet that should not match Juggernaut's magical nature which gives him Class 100 and invulnerbility. Juggernaut getting beaten by Spidey is crap. Spidey beating Firelord is bullcrap.

Juggernaut's stat:
1] emassary of the god Cyttarok (magical in nature)
2] invulnerbility against attacks
3] Class 100
4] Magical Force Field
5] Intellegence: Low
6] Slow

Firelord's stat:
1] herald of Galactus (cosmic in nature)
2] Can fly through a star like most heralds
3] Class 100
4] Energy level is equivalent to the outer layers of a small star
5] Fly near light speed

Btw these two, Firelord has the edge over Juggernaut against Spidey. Spidey's speed, sense, and ability to keep a distance gives him a better chance at fighting or surviving an encounter against Marko. Against Firelord - who's faster, stronger, and more versatile - Spidey would be lucky to live through such a fight with the herald. Peters wins against Juggy and Firelord are shit, mainly against Firelord.

Austinzilla
did he really say that?? thats the absolute dumbest thing ive ever heard! wtf? miffed

SUPERMANDAMAN
does anyone here realize how strong gladiator is when juggernaut punched him it doin nothin but when he hit juggernaut juggernaut sure when flyin pretty far

JuggernautFan
oh man, not the cartoon crap again. it's not in continuity and it means nothing. second gladiator didn't hit juggernaut he threw him.

manjaro
gladiator has this one. yes he can rip stars in half. the thing that makes his strength incalculable is for the fact that, not only does he start out at class 100 under optimum circumstances, if he truly belives he can do something his will be done, this will further enhance his strength speed and invulnerablilty. this was most evident when he threatned to punch Cannon Ball to the sun, he would have done it too if CB didnt absorb the kinetic energy of the blow and turned it against him. also, by degrees of separation. back in the days juggy fought sasquash, who got his ass handed to him by Wendigo, who was evenly matched by the hulk, who was subdued by ironman in his hulkbuster armor, who got pulverized by Colossus, who could only manage to rip Gladiator's clothes in the dark phoenix saga. Therefore, Kallark would smash juggy to mush.

who?-kid
Wrong. The fistfight against Firelord was a very fair fight. No tricks, no secret weapons, just man against... euhm man.

Granted, against Juggernaut, Spider-Man does not have a chance. His most famous fight against Juggernaut ended with Juggernaut being trapped in concrete. THAT was some kind of trap.

Without that concrete, Spider-Man could have ended up dead. But against Firelord, when he started fighting Firelord instead of trying to escape from him, Spider-Man gave him everything he got, and that's a lot.

He deserved to be the winner.

btw, I always thought Firelord was class 50, not level 100.

Linkalicious
but there is a slight problem with that reasoning.

Hulk getting subdued by Iron Man in his Hulkbuster armor is feasible.
But any armor that could stop or stalemate the Hulk would pulverize Colossus...even though it's written differently.

manjaro
true but i was stating what has already been written

manjaro
also colossus is beyond class 100 now

Never
Nay.

Strength: 100 Class

http://marvelite.prohosting.com/surfer/profiles/firelord.html

'Bout "top a top" and unno mussie CAAN read - shotta know how fe read and write, youthie. Nuttin' nuh goh soh true is ONGLE Class 100 strength, soh is how man and man can seh Colossus BEYOND Class 100?

When grown man talk pickney fe tannup one side.

manjaro
dude, check the latest marvel encyclopedia, or x-men role playing game and you'll see that colossus is listed at class 100. Simply because he's a grown ass man now. as opposed to all the previous incarnations where he was a teenager.

what lower life forms need to realize is that class 100 is merely a template to categorize the strongest in the marvel universe. That doesnt necessarily mean that everyone who can lift a 100 tons is only limited to that number. Quite a few charcaters have the ability to go beyond that like everyone of those abstract cosmic entities, the Maestro, thanos apocaplyse, Savage hulk, thor, wonderman,the absorbing man, every god and so on . I could go on 4 ever dude.

WI HAVE DI MACHINE FI DUN A FASSY NOW!!

manjaro
And yes colossus can do it too

Never
Lol @ machine. Unno lickle pyie pyie or one pop yuh ah buss?

"Old sawed-off pump rifle weh we have nah stall; fly through steel, bore through wall..."

If it "doesnt necessarily mean that everyone who can lift a 100 tons is only limited to that number" then that is understood when one references another character as "Class 100 strength," don't?

And mind yuh mouth my youth, bout "manjaro" and unno neva know bout Red Hills Road and Whitehall Avenue; Patch-Eye, Ainsley, Jeremy Lee.

I could go on 4 ever dude considering "dem trying and dem trying to test the big hi-fi; Jaro is ah mountain, soh why deny..."

Arachnoidfreak
Well, you've officially lost me there.

JuggernautFan
but what makes gladiators strength drop?? when he saw cannonball take his most powerful blow what happened??? it shook his confidence. what would happen when juggernaut took his most powerful blow? then his heat vision? then his other array of powers without skipping a beat?? what happens to gladiator then? he get's pounded...... we can play what if's all day. you are also comparing a bunch of different times/people to each other. juggernaut fought sasquatch just rescently *stalemate, but juggernaut has been severely depleated of power as of late*. by your reckoning, juggernaut has beaten hulk/thor/colossus decisivly where gladiator never has. doesn't look so good for him now does it?

Beyonder
who?-kid
Without that concrete, Spider-Man could have ended up dead. But against Firelord, when he started fighting Firelord instead of trying to escape from him, Spider-Man gave him everything he got, and that's a lot.

He deserved to be the winner.

btw, I always thought Firelord was class 50, not level 100.

So because he gave his BEST he deserves to win? Spidey's class 10 while Firelord is class 100; how can one win in a fist fight against someone who's 10x your own strength? Firelord jobbed, otherwise Peter would've gotten his face f#cked up.

who?-kid
No, he did not deserve to win because he did his best. He deserved to win because he was the better fighter. What's the use in being stronger if you can not hit your opponent ?

who?-kid
Nay.

Strength: 50 Class

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/f/firelord.htm

or

http://www.immortalthor.net/bio-firelord.html

or

http://frostbytei.com/jc/3page16.html

SUPERMANDAMAN
how can spiderman beat fire lord? fire lord was created by galactus the only reason why i could see spiderman winning is just cause of a popularity contest

Arachnoidfreak
Well, it already happened. Shouldn't that be good enough for you?

Never
He was upgraded. Those are old profiles. Peruse those profiles and you will see Colossus at ~Class 70 strength. He is now Class 100.

Never
Oh. I do not think manjaro is really Jamaican. If so, he understood everything that I said, considering I was born and raised in Spanishtown, Jamaica until 1989 (then moved to the US).

SUPERMANDAMAN
Nice are they talking bout ultimate colossus?

who?-kid
I don't quite get it. I was not talking about Colossus, but about Firelord.

Could be that Firelord was upgraded - I admit that I don't know. But he certainly was class 50 when taking fighting lessons from Spider-Man.

That I do know.

Beyonder
who?-kid
No, he did not deserve to win because he did his best. He deserved to win because he was the better fighter. What's the use in being stronger if you can not hit your opponent ?

Even if Firelord was at Class 50, that's still five times stronger than Spidey. This is just so wrong. Spidey beating a herald of Galactus? Spidey should've broken his hand against someone like Firelord. Winning in a fist fight? This is clearly ludicrous against someone like Firelord, cosmic no less.

Austinzilla
yeah thats total bullcrap

Cosmic Spidey could probly do it but not Peter

Arachnoidfreak
Cosmic Spiderman looks friggin awesome(i know, a little off topic, but whatever)

http://www.samruby.com/History/CosmicSpiderman.gif

who?-kid
No it's not ludicrous. Again, it was a very fair fight. Did you even read it ? It took Spider-Man two comics before he was able to beat Firelord. Before that, he mostly tried to run away from him, but that didn't go so well.

It was not a walk in the park for Spider-Man, but thanks to his speed, reflexes and spider-sense, he was able to avoid the attacks of Firelord.

When he went berserk, he hit Firelord from every angle, one powerpunch after the other !! Firelord didn't know what was happening to him. Who cares if he was 5 times as strong as Spider-Man ? Firelord didn't hit him even once !! Titania was stronger than Firelord, and Spider-Man beat her very easily!! He beat the crap out of her. Remember Rhino : same thing. I remember a comic in which he beat Rhino with ease (granted, sometimes he had more trouble).

Don't forget Firelord is a lousy fighter. He depends way too much on his firepowers, but when it comes to fighting, he's no big deal (a bit like Torch). He's not in the same league as the most famous herald of Galactus, Silver Surfer.

Btw, this thread was originally about Gladiator vs Juggernaut.

Bojangles
that he does, mate...that he does

Bojangles
in one episode, when he had the symbiote, he fought the gamma radiated Rhino and almost killed him, so the Rhino isnt a good comparison...hes actually pretty weak

other than his speed and strength, Rhino has nothing to fight with...no brains, no fighting skills, nothing

FrothByte
firelord is galactus' herald right? which means he travels through space and is able to withstand the vacuum of space. Any person who is able to withstand the vacuum of space should never get knocked out by powerpunches from 10 ton class guys like spidey. the only reason why spidey won that fight coz he's 100 times more popular..... and because physics doesn't apply to comics....

Bojangles
good point

Linkalicious
interesting how Spiderman can seem to have his hands full against one baddie like Doc. Ock, but he can somehow handle all of the Sinister 6.

I would most definitly believe that Spiderman could have won this fight after seeing some of his past feats.

Firelord is by no means Silver Surfer. Firelord was like the weakest of Galactcus' heralds. And just because he's a lot stronger, doesn't mean that Spidey's punches and kicks wouldn't hurt him. Especially if he swings at Spidey and misses....leaving him open for a clean shot.

who?-kid

Linkalicious
nothing like beating up chicks to help brighten up your day! zorro

manjaro
I really am from Jamaica actually. I am also from Spanish Town

'Vegeta'
Glladiator would stomp the hell out of Juggernaut!i!

bardock
juggernaut is my favorite character but he would lose this one.

JuggernautFan
what is your reason to believe this????

bardock
well maybe not if juggy uses his force field it is pretty hard to to hurt him. he took a full blast from cyclops and just laughed without his field. so he may not win but he wont lose.

moshtitan
juggy could physically decimate gladiator, IF he could catch him. gladiators a far better fighter, faster, smarter, can fly and hes probally stronger. but, you never know.

IRTMU-Dragon
Decimate him? No force on earth has yet been known, now a days, to stop juggey! Slow him considerably, Yes, but hurt or STOP him, NO! He still stays juggey now with his helmet on, hes an unstoppable tank of destruction... I mean... come on...
Juggey possess unknown powers, mystical in nature, which enhances his strength to an as yet unknown degree and makes him a seemingly irresistible tottally unstoppable being. Once he begins to walk in a certain direction, no obstacle or force on Earth has been observed to be able to stop him.
Some obstacles (many tons of rock, for example) or forces (such as plasma-discharge cannons and super psionic attacks without his helmet) may slow his pace considerably, but nothing has yet stopped him permanently from advancing.
The dude has extrodinary resisant to virtually anything from the stone of cytorak, I mean Juggernaut can even shield himself even further from injury by mentally surrounding himself with a force field. Enveloped by his force field, the Juggernaut has survived the fiery explosion of a truck transporting a huge quantity of oil without any injury whatsoever.
The Juggernaut can survive indefinitely without food, water, or oxygen. He is sustained by his mystical energies alone, the magic in his blood, even, get this, even destroys all diseases, poisons, mind control, and even stops incoming nightmares and mind destruction attacks (However, venom has proven that his symbiotes nightmarish attacks do some damage, but no other nightmares have stopped him, not to the point of venoms)
I mean... Tell me... Gladiator can beat that?

JuggernautFan
the only thing that get's me about gladiator is his durability. oh man is he weak. let's look at gladiator battles. yes, cannonball would have lost to gladiator had a full blown fight broke out. BUT, when cannon took his best shot like it was nothing..... gladiators confidence dropped like a stone. something that no matter what he did to juggernaut wouldn't hurt him.... so the same thing would happen. am i right??? another thing. this should be the debate killer here. "eric masterson" thor was not as skilled in the use of his powers or his strength. didn't use the power in such diversity as the original thor, and he was much slower, and clumbsier than the original thor. he also lacked the confidence of the original thor. he had the mind of a mortal man, with the body of thor basically. yet he nearly beat gladiator to death. even the real thor has never proven to be able to stop juggernaut when both are running at optimal levels of power. so why is it going to be any different if gladiator goes up against juggernaut??? true juggernaut that is. thor's lightning had hurt/stunned gladiator (something it couldn't do to juggernaut) and a force bolt from mjolnir hurt gladiator *wasn't the godforce*. even thor's godforce couldn't physically damage juggernaut, but a weaker bolt damaged gladiator. i'm not so certain that gladiator juggernaut competition anymore.......

vu_Quang
i didn't know glatiator until th xmen series on fox. i saw him punch/throw juggy really really far in the ocean sean lake whatever.

if glatiator can if fact dish it out more than he can take it i'll just call it a stalemate because juggernaunt would only be embaressed but not hurt and glatior would be a mile away after each throw like that. juggernaunt is very very slow when it comes to migration.

Wynndar
yea cuz he is too weak to jump like the Hulk

JuggernautFan
the cartoon only replaced firelord with juggernaut to lend credibility to gladiator for the phoenix saga. it wasn't in continuity, and it doesn't count. it would have been different had they really met.

JuggernautFan
that's just pathetic...... but juggernaut has shown leaping capabilities

Wynndar
yea i can leap too...but i never leapt into space...prolly cuz im not as strong as the Hulk though

JuggernautFan
juggernaut doesn't need to exhibit great leaping abilities. he just marches through anything/anyone who get's in his way. also, the only time he has jumped is to topple the 50 ft tall stranger. which is a far cry from your leaping abilities.

Wynndar
and is a far cry from leaping into space...so if i can jump to a 10 ft rim and Jugs can Jump to a 50 ft stranger...hmmm....he can jump 5 times higher than me...so if hulk jumps the 62 miles required to reach what we technically call space....that means he jumps approxamately 6,500 times higher than Jugs....so if jugs can jump 5 times higher than me and im a far cry from jumping like him...then what do u call it when Hulk jumps 6,500 times higher than Jugs...i call it...Hulk is way stronger than Jugs

JuggernautFan
well, i understand that hulk has excersized emmense jumping capabilities. plus hulk has jumped 3 miles........ juggernaut had an intended target when leaping. a 50 ft tall stranger. had he jumped 300 ft, or 50 miles he would have missed his target. call me crazy, but that wouldn't have been very smart now would it??

Never
Umm, Juggernaut does not HAVE any "great leaping abilities."

Wynndar
hahahahahahahahahahaha

IRTMU-Dragon
Muahahahahha! Hahahahahaha!

But I dont bealive he ever did say hes got greater leaping abilities.

moshtitan
STOP IT!!! every frickin thread turns into a damn juggy vs. hulk arguement, which will never have a winner, because they have never fought till there was a clear cut "winner", so we should probally just stop this now, before we forget the topic at hand.

any way, im going to rettract my previous opinion and place my money on juggs. not because i like the band wagon, but because he probally really would wipe the floor w/ gladiators mowhawk.

vu_Quang
speaking of whcih....Glatiator vs. Mr. T. who'd win??

Bojangles
Mr. T? what the fck?

anyways im still placing my dough on Glads

vu_Quang
Bojangles...it's called a joke.

moshtitan
mr. t's a bad man. dont mess with him. ecspecially if you some alien freak with a mowhawk bigger than his.

Wynndar
not greater leaping abilities....GREAT leaping abilities...

JuggernautFan
well he has shown capable of buckling the stranger whom was 50 ft tall. that is a leaping ability. who's to say he can't go farther??? you??? whatever dude........

Never
What is "buckling?" And he jumped to topple him? Er, since when does that mean he jumped OVER him?

LoL, this is rich!

JuggernautFan
the stranger stood 50 ft tall. juggernaut jumped up into the air, and socked him in the face........ do you need any more clarification than that????

Never
Oh, so he jumped ALMOST 50 feet high considering height is not measured from someone's FACE, it is measured from the TOP of their head.

So he STILL did not jump OVER him.

JuggernautFan
but why would he jump over his intended target in the first place..... ok he jumped 45 feet into the air. he still has shown us that he CAN leap.

Never
Err, where did I say that he could NOT leap? I said: 1. He cannot leap NEARLY as high or as far as the Hulk (into orbit, 3 miles in one effortless bound also) and he has no GREAT leaping ability similar to Hulk's.

And he doesn't.

JuggernautFan
but he does have great leaping abilities. i never said he could jump farther or as high as hulk, but there isn't any reason, to think that he cannot jump similarly as hulk. as in he can leap far distances.

moshtitan
they need to hold a marvel olympics.

VENOMfan
LOL *anouncer voice* and next up is the high jump......well....Hulk has left the stadium....so has the abomination...Juggernaut refuses' to jump....and the winner is Toad!

bardock
hulk gets thrown out for being on steriods. then he gets in fight with security.

moshtitan
lmao!

VENOMfan
LOL, ok everybody back to topic

bardock
i love juggy but have never seen him jump. i think his best skill in this fight is his durability he can take alot of damage and if he could grab the guy it would be over in my opinion

moshtitan
thats what i think. i can see him just litteraly rip gladiator limb from limb, if he can catch him.

VENOMfan
Well I think Juggernaut "might" have a leaping ability. maybe a two mile capacity like abomination. it's just a theory but I will explain

Juggernaut probably dosent jump becuase he dosent need to. the guy dosent need air/food If I was like that I wouldnt be in a rush to get where I was going.

**NOTE**I have only seen bit's and peice's of this fight, Im assuming quite generously Juggernaut was thrown into the air a great distance**

In Hulk and Juggernaut's first fight didnt Hulk throw Juggernaut on top of somthing like a Butte? and didnt Juggy just hop back down*on Hulk*
and the fall didnt bother him?

Juggernaut may or may not have a leaping ability. He might just chose not to leap becuase he dosent need to

OR he may not have the ability. the Gem give's him loads of strength yeah...but that dosent mean it augmented his leg's like Hulk. It might just empower his upperbody to a great extent and then really give him juice when walking forward.

just a theory

Never
Well Hulk runs fast, so there's no reason to think that he can't run as fast as Flash. As in he can run fast. You know, since it has not been shown that Hulk CAN'T run fast. And someone did say "I have never seen anything move that quickly!" So maybe he can run near the speed of light because he runs fast. But I'm saying he might be able to run as fast as Flash. Because he does run fast and stuff.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Fanboys. Can't live with them, can't live without them...

Um...jumping OFF of a building has nothing to do with leaping ability. I can jump OFF of a building. The fall not bothering him has to do with his extremely high resistance to physical injury, not his non-existent jumping ability.

JuggernautFan
all i was saying is that he has leaping abilities. when he needed to jump 45-50 ft into the air. he jumped 45-50 ft into the air. without so much effort. he is strong, his leg muscles have mass, they are big, there again.... is no reason to think that he can't propel his 900 lbs a good distance through the air.

i think you either like to pick at what i say specifically, or you don't like juggernaut. either way i do not care, because you have no proof, you just try to argue with me with no evidence/good reasoning what-so-ever.

IRTMU-Dragon
NEVER, you seem to be weak in your ways. As you keep calling us Fanboys. Because you know were right and theres no information you can backup against us, thus you run like a scared dog to the title Fanboy, because you cant fight against our information.
This thread? Gladiator would be DESTROYED utterly, by juggernaut. Now, if this were the hulk VS juggernaut, people would be going nuts trying to back up the hulk, no one really likes gladiator, so they can tolerate juggey beating him.
You hide behind certain topics, never. You have no info to backup what you say.

SnakeEyes
ummmmm, y is this even a topic: Gladiator could whip Juggy pretty easily it is not even funny

IRTMU-Dragon
See, this is a gladiator fanboy, No info behind what he says.

bardock
fanboy alert(alarm sounds)

VENOMfan
Well let's continue all of the Juggy leaping stuff In the Juggernuat leaping thread

or better yet why dosent somebody just Email a writter or somebody who work's with/knows the character? you never know it might work

IRTMU-Dragon
I tried emailing someone before... They told me they would get back to me as soon as possible. Waited 2 months, sent them another, Again they said the same thing. The third time after another 3 months, I told them I had emailied them before, again they responded the same. After soon realizing on my FIFFTH attempt it was an automated message, I sent them cusses and dissed there system. They sent me a message back responding to my previous emails, telling me they wouldnt answer them because of the mouth I had displayed!!!!

barakuchi
gladiator rock

barakuchi
yo venomfan
venom's the new bad-guy in spiderman-3 right ???

IRTMU-Dragon
He probably wont be... no.

VENOMfan
thats anybody's guess, you can discuss that in the Spiderman forum.
Im thinking he will show up in 4 chances are

thats too bad about the email. I emailed www.Spiderfan.com and got an email about a week and a half later

IRTMU-Dragon
Are what? You didnt put anything after are! And I emailed marvel directly through some dude I met at a convention, the guy is such an ass now to me.

VENOMfan
Youve never ended a phrase like that?

try emailing unncannyXmen.com they are a well put together fansite. like Spiderfan.com

Im sure somebody there can dig up some answer's about Juggy

IRTMU-Dragon
Well.. as well all know, imposternaut is in the uncanny xmen. I dont wanna mess with them!
Ill email marvel fan base, its a different thing ill try it.

VENOMfan
There only Uncanny in name itself. they deal with everything Xmen and marvel for that matter.

and have a very in depth section on Juggernaut. a bio about 8 pages long going threw his power's costumes and history. everything is included, Onslaught, his joining the Xmen even a peep about the Venom incident

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/spotlight/showquestion.asp?faq=10&fldAuto=96

moshtitan
sweet......uh whats the topic again....

VENOMfan
TOPIC is...Gladiator vs Juggernaut

moshtitan
uh...i was only joking.....you know to be funny....which im not....

what a said liitle exsistance i have.

SnakeEyes
oh and jsut so u guys know, i just read that fanboy BS and i must say some of u guys are pretty ignorant. If u want facts then u will get them. According to the X-men cartoon, Gladiator beat Juggernaut like he was nothing. Also in the Marvel Encyclopedias, Gladiator has better stats. Gladiator outclasses Juggernaut in speed and strength.

SnakeEyes
just*

JuggernautFan
gladiator also outclass's thor in those categories also. but "eric masterson" thor beat the crap out of gladiator with relative ease. "eric masterson" thor wasn't as skilled, as determined, didn't have the experience or the heart to fight like the real thor. but he still beat the crap out of gladiator......even classic thor, whom was determin , hadnthe experience and the skill in the usage of his power speed souldn't do anything to juggernaut except get knocked unconscios. the cartoon is Out Of Continuity. in the comics firelord was the one this happened to. juggernaut replaced him in the cartoon because he was more popular. weak arguements if you ask me.......

SnakeEyes
well that is y i would not ask you. U r biased automaticalled against Gladiator or any other character that is not Juggernaut. And i was not talking about Thor here, i was merely talking about Gladiator and Juggermaut. And to add to my previous arguments, sorry i was not more specific for you dumber people, AKA JuggernautFan, Gladiator outclasses Juggy a lot more than Thor. Thor and Gladiator are a lot more evenly matched. weak arguments if u ask me.........

bardock
juggernaut is one of the most durable characters in all of marvel how would gladiator hurt him? i own a comic where he takes o full on blast from cyclops and laughed at him.(and this was without his field).

JuggernautFan
well i'm not biased, i would admit when somecan can actually defeat juggernaut. gladiator's power is based on his confidence (any bio will tell you that). when he hit cannonball, his confidence dropped like a stone. what would happen when juggernaut took not one, but several of his best shots as though it were a barely noticable spring drizzle??? as you can clearly see (if you have read thor/gladiator fights) gladiator is no match for the -real- thor. "eric masterson" thor beat the crap out of him. the real thor would do MUCH MUCH WORSE to gladiator. the same thor that got randomly beat up on by JUGGERNAUT. both of whom gladiator should outclass on paper. but he does not. so your poing of the cartoon and gladiators stats are wrong. pal.....

SnakeEyes
okay loser. for one thing i am not your pal. And another thing, all i am doing is giving MY opinion based on what I have read, so do not go all crazy and act like you own the world because you like Juggernaut too much.

JuggernautFan
pfft........ i only typed pal, i wasn't trying to ask you to be my friend. pluse you are basing your "opinion" on the bio's when they don't hold that much water. especially when you compare what has and hasn't happened.

IRTMU-Dragon
OHMY GOD, snake eyes dont start argueing because you dont know CRAP from crap about juggernaut.

SnakeEyes
Dragon, i will not let my anger rule me right now, but it is getting close to that point. If u think i do not know anything, then u r the ignorant one

IRTMU-Dragon
Dude, you need to read up honestly man, because... you dont know that much... Now... My title is "I rule the marvel universe" For a reason, Because I know a little about all of them, and alot about a few select.
Yes, its super easy to get mad at people on these forums, but you gotta look past that. Read up a bit man, come back after a while, honest.

SnakeEyes
holy crap. Does everyone on these forums act like they know everything abouty whatever topic it is! I ****ing give my ****ing opinion. MY opinion, and i have read up as u call it, and ppl just get mad at me and claim they know more based on one or 2 posts i have made. I am so ****ing tired of it

SnakeEyes
DO U UNDERSTAND?

IRTMU-Dragon
Definatley man. No reason to get mad.... And uhm... Dude... This whole website... Is plainly about argueing, argueing argueing. You dont like it pal, Leave, Cause im not the only one who downsizes peoples opinions.

JuggernautFan
oh no....... you called him pal. that makes him angry.... and you wont' like him when he's angry

that was an attempt at humor, hope i didn't offend anybody.

IRTMU-Dragon
You offended me...
Wait no you didnt.

SnakeEyes
learn to spell Dragon. I am telling you to read up on the Dctionary, then come back
honestly...........
"argueing"
that is pathetic

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>