Orlando gets #1 Pick

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Myth
I think this is their 3rd time (Shaq/Webber/Okafor?). Here were the lottery results.

1. Orlando
2. -L.A. Clippers
3. Chicago
4. Charlotte
5. Washington
6. Atlanta
7. Phoenix
8. Toronto
9. Philadelphia
10. Cleveland
11. Golden State
12. Seattle
13. Portland
14. Utah

Clark_Kent
who's in the draft? okafor is a question and 6'9''. i think..

wuTa
i think its there 2nd time but i'm not sure i could be and probly am wrong.........they'd be crazy if they dont draft okufor....and how about them delaying the game a half hour just to see who gets the #1 pick...what the hell? there suppose to do that at half time like they have been doin for like the past 5 years

Myth
Its at least their 3rd. They selected O'Neal in 92. Then Webber in 93 (they traded him to GS for Penny).

It is going to be a weak year in the draft. Okafor should only be a #4 pick or so in the average draft yet he is expected to go #1 (plus he is injury prone). Dwight Howard could go #1 but will probably go to the Clips at #2 unless they want a different position.

wuTa
its just loaded with high school kids.....i wanted shaun livingston to play in college coz he commited to duke but he's gonna go in the top 10 so's luel deng....deng needs to work on his quickness and dribbling off the ball

Clark_Kent
who's luel deng, a [layer from overseas, or what?

wuTa
no he's a college player

Myth
He'll go top 4 (I'm guessing #3 though).

alic88
y not make a BASKETBALL thread

wuTa
i thought this was a basketball thread?

Myth
Do you mean a whole forum for basketball or just one thread? Just one thread wouldn't work because their are too many different topics within basketball.

DanZeke25
The Magic are prolly gonna pick Okefor IMO but they are really looking into Dwoght Howard cause they said " I've learned you don't want to pass on a youngster; it could come back to haunt you. Twelve teams passed on Kobe; 15 on Jermaine O'Neal, and six or seven passed on Garnett. That's not a good feeling, so you have to be careful. Real careful. "

wuTa
yea but on the flip side your dont want to draft another tyson chandlor or eddir curry....orlando cant wait they need a proven talent and okufor would be there best pick....Mcgrady's not gonna stick around for someone who needs develping

Myth
Don't forget Kwame Brown. laughing

Linkalicious
It's such a tough call to get the #1 draft choice. I mean, who do you pick?

Okeafor's going to have back problems worst than Marcus Camby does...and he's not even a rookie yet.

But you really don't want to chance another young kid because of players like Kwame Brown.

I say surprise everyone and get Josh Childress from Stanford. He's tall and skinny, but has a nice frame. And he can both shoot and dribble the ball. He's also a Stanford boy so you know he's got basketball knowledge...not just talent

Myth
I'd take Emeka just to retain McGrady if I was Orlando. If they take Dwight, things could turn out fine but taking Emeka would be safer.

Linkalicious
I don't think that Dwight will develop well in Orlando because they don't have a veteran post player to learn from. If he were to somehow go to Houston so he could be around those big guys...plus get coaching from Patrick Ewing...then he could be like the next Garnett in a couple of years.

wuTa
i was trying to think of some college kids that would go 1st round besides the obvious okufor, childress, and deng, and the only two i could come up with where ben gordon from uconn and luke jackson from oregon....is that wake forrest kid comin out early? he was there center and only a freshman...damn i cant think of his name

Myth
Other college players projected to be lottery picks include:
Devin Harris (Wisconsin Jr)
Andre Iguodala (AZ So)
Rafael Araujo (Brigham Young Sr)

Gordon should go 4 or 5 while Luke should go late 1st round (GO OREGON! Sorry, big fan)

BTW: I don't think the Wake Forest guy is entering.

wuTa
yea luke is gonna be a steal...i dont think gordon is gonna go that high....i think he'll go mid to late 1st round.....i think we will see alot of high school kids in the top 10 and plus you got some euro players that will go 1st round

Myth
Its not just my opinion, Gordon is projected to go fourth or fifth by almost every source.

wuTa
really?...i didnt hear that....i'm still stickin with my guns and saying hes goin mid to late 1st round

Myth
Sabastian Telfare is going to be the one picked too high. He is overrated because he is Marbury's cousin and already has a big shoe deal. Some team is going to take him for his image hoping to draw in marketing. Hope its not the Blazers because he was working out with them not too long ago.

wuTa
bummer for blazer funs.....and its not like the blazers have the best reps for molding images either...with there old team you would probly just get high walking into the practice facilities

Myth
I think they were turned away by him, but they had him practice for quite a while. Plus he is short like Damon, they don't need 2 guys under 6'.

wuTa
i wonder who joe d is gonna take for detriot...who took darko last year and its to early to tell if that was the right choice we'll find out next year for sure but right now hes the bunt of alot of jokes....there was a game right before the playoffs were he went for a dunk and got blocked by the rim now i dont have a problem with that because it happens to everyone what got me was when he was got blocked by the rim he screamed like a girl....you know when someone throws it down hard you'll hear a monster scream..yea he did that but with a girls voice

Myth
So far he reminds me of Eric Montross. laughing

However, Detroit took him knowing that they were set pretty well at the moment and were looking to the future so he might turn out good. Taking Carmelo may sound smarter but that could have been weird chemistry wise.

Myth
BTW: Detroit's first pick will be #55 in the 2nd round so I wouldn't expect too much.

wuTa
55?!....holy hell

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.