Ian McDiarmid Talks Star Wars: Episode III

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Nikana
i dont know if this was posted. but i didnt see a topic for it.
its on comingsoon.net which got it from TFN... theforce.net
interesting that he choosed his words carefully but also dodged the question about wielding a saber. could it be true ... does he use one in Ep.3. does he go against everything he said in the OT, ROTJ, about a lightsaber as a weapon of the Jedi. then again Maul had one and he wasn't a Jedi or Dark Jedi in TPM.

Ian McDiarmid Talks Star Wars: Episode III
Source: TheForce.net
Wednesday, May 26, 2004

TheForce.net reports that the May issue of Theatregoer magazine features a new interview with Ian McDiarmid, who plays Palpatine in Star Wars: Episode III.

"In this final instalment - and you'll spot the discreet look coming over my face - I do have rather a lot to do. It's my character's horrible apotheosis." Has Star Wars given him new skills for his CV? He sighs. "If I were honest, any skills I do appear to have would have to be accompanied in brackets by the words 'stunt double'". Not even a deft touch with a light sabre ? "I'm not answering that on the grounds that it might incriminate me."

cornponious
In my book, this proves it. Sidious will wield a lightsaber, and will probably engage in serious fighting.

corn

Ahnold
How about a black one?

LanİeWindu
There will not be a black lightsaber...if indeed he weilds a lightsaber (which this article pretty much gives out as fact) it will be red.

Darth Nikana
i think it will be red, no doubt he would have his own personal if Yoda the Jedi Master doesn't have his own color. keep with the rule of the Sith in the rule of 2, and the continuity of Sith wielding red sabers.

Darth Venom
Yes but yodi may have wanted a green 1 to mach him

Sith Master X
I think it's already obvious Sidious wields a lightsaber, especially after those Hyperspace photos if indeed, that is his saber.

SMX
cool

Corsie
I wonder what his fighting style will be like.

Sith Master X
My guess would be old-style, or maybe something new will be introduced as well.

SMX
cool

Lyn
That'll be exciting, huh!?! I did read somewhere that McDiarmid said he had far more physically demanding things to do this time round.

orbob
I have a great deal of respect for Ian McDiarmid. Not only is he a true gentleman actor but his character portayal is amazing. Very few people guessed that his 'Senator Palpatine' was in fact the same person as The Emperor when Episode ! first came out!

Sith Master X
Ian McDiarmid has done a superb job indeed. I can't wait to see how he adapts to his character when he reveals his identity in Episode 3. That should be exciting to watch.

SMX
cool

Corsie
It will definitely be exciting!!!!!

orbob
I personally see some sense in the argument that Palpatine is in fact, a changeling.

The crux of this argument being; his unknown origin, his terrible alien appearance in E6 and the subtle introduction of the changeling idea in E2.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.