(Shitty) Year in Review

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Myth
I was just thinking about how shitty of a year this was. confused

Review:
I'm going to college! YAY! I'm moving away from home! YAY! I have a loving girlfriend who I plan to marry some day! YAY! This is going to be the best year ever! YAY!

WRONG!

She left me after 1 month, and I still miss her 8 months later. sad

I barely see any of my high school friends. I have many new friends at college but its not the same. 2 of my closest friends from the year are no longer friends (kind of). One is more of an enemy now and the other just moved to Hawaii. I have other friends there but its just not as close of a bond as I had with my high school friends. sad

I was expecting to have a great year as the #1 freshman sprinter in my league. However, I was injured almost the whole season and when I finally recovered, I was diagnosed with a kidney disease and couldn't run to be cautious. sad

There was the disease itself. It could shorten my life and I have to take some minor precautions with my lifestyle which sucks. I'm also on tons of meds which are a hassel (with minor side-effects that suck) and will have regular doctor visits my whole life. sad

My school changed the deadlines from previous years for my financial aid and I didn't know about it so I lost $1500 in work study money that I really needed. When I applied for an appeal (which was rejected), I was informed that I also will not receive a $4000 loan that I was suppose to get. Now I'm going to be poor next year. sad

To add to my poorness, I went to reapply for my summer job which I thought I would be a shoo-in for. But when I called the automatic employment hotline at work, it informed me that they are not hiring. So now my summer job which I thought would be guranteed is not mine. sad

To top this all off, I got my grades today. Apparently, I flunked my Chem final which led to me failing the class. This really sucks because I'm a Bio major and that is a prereq for some of my classes. Now I either have to take a 5th year or change majors. mad

ladygrim
aww ... sounds like areally bad year ... mines been bad but it seems nothing compared to yours...

yerssot
the year is already over? yippie! 2005 happy

burlyman
No yerss, we've reached the end of time and now we're counting backwards smile

yerssot
but ... but ... there would be nice movies in 2005 and onwards sad

wuTa
look at it this way.......things can only get better......at least you still got your mid range jump shot

Myth
What if I die? Is that better?

BTW: I hurt my ankle now. No basketball for probably a week. sad

wuTa
i dont know i've never been dead.....i guess that depends on if your religious......do you have the same thing as alonzo mourning?.....coz he seems to be doing pretty good after what 3 or 4 years with his illness

Devalion
Of course it is not better! Don't be silly. Although things aren't going well at the moment, things will get better........and a week? Ha, thats not long at all....you'll be playing basket ball in no time, just try to be patient.

yerssot
I guess that if you believe in recarnation you can be seriously ****ed again wink

Myth
No, its not what Mourning has. Mourning's was caused by all of the ibuprofin(sp?) that he took. Mine just developed, sort of like how cancer develops. I'm... kind of religious... evil face ... but not too much.

raven guardia
I feel really bad for you.......but remember its always darkest before dawn. soon all these bad times and heart brakes and disappointments will end. even if seems as they will carry on forever believe me they will sees. and soon your life will be good again......you know what does not kill you makes you stronger. everything happens for a reason. so please dont worry to much every thing will work out! smile smile

Myth
Its not that I'm not dealing well with it. I'm fine, trust me big grin

Its just, it was a shitty year and I was acknowledging it.

raven guardia
oh, yes....well I'm sure it still a little depressing to think about. or at least it would be for me. I'm still upset about one of friends we fight all the time and a I dont know why......*takes deep breath* okay....I'm fine now....I think sad

shaber
I can empathise man, I have had a fairly shi.tty time myself with my health breaking down and being blamed for some stain appearing on the floor somehow mad

dj_matrix
that suckes

Myth
Ok, now I'm sad.

I just learned that my X is living with her new bf. sad

cLoVi€
she'll dump him yes
don't care if she left you, it means you r to good for her.

(i know it sounds stupid.. but it is what my friends keep repeating me... confused )

Freddy_vs_Jason
My life sucks too. But no-one said life was easy. Before my Mum died she left me with these words "with great power, comes great responsiblity", nah, just jokes. But she did tell me that life will always be difficult and there will be challenges along the way. But when those challenges do come that I should tackle them head on and never be afraid of things to come.

Remember this "Death is but the next greatest adventure, as there is always life after death."
But wounds will heal, wings will mend and life will be just fine again. smile

Myth
What if I have strong doubts about religion?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.