ok freaky

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ladygrim
listen to the news on the radio bout 10mins ago and the scariest thing came on ... apparently we can have face transplants we can have the face of some one dead put on ours .... ergh ... but they sed it can also be used for people who have disfiguremnets...

Zelig
I don't think I'd want to get that done to me, unless there was something functionally wrong with my face, and in that case, I still wouldn't get it done unless there where very few risks of complications.

Heh, I had a like to post about it... I guess it will have to wait until I have a few more posts...

burlyman
Face/Off

ladygrim
most def

Fire
let's hear some more confirmations before we start to get worried

ladygrim
its on the radio one news

LanİeWindu
It IS on the news Fire, but ladygrim got her facts mixed up.

The only way you would be able to get a new face from a cadaver is if you were in a bad accident that totally ruined your own face. It's only for severe cases and it's not truly been done yet.

Doctors are waiting for approval before they do it.

This whole thing came around because a young girl in another country was sitting near some machine and her hair got caught and it ripped her entire face off of her skull. Doctors were able to reattatch it completely, all blood vessels and nerves.

Since they were able to do that they believe they would be able to transplant faces now for the extremely disfigured.

It really wouldn't matter what face you get because the features from the cadaver will not be noticed, the bone structure of your face is what determines 90% of what you look like.

Linkalicious
i'd say nice skin makes up atleast 20% of your face...

LanİeWindu
Actually not really. The overall look of your face is from bonestructure and proportions.

The skin is correctable with the right products.

Fëanor
so, if i took brad pitts face and put it on mine i'd still look like me???

LanİeWindu
It doesn't work from Male face to Female bonestructure. It would look wrong.

lil bitchiness
Wow, go science. Although this will certanly in a future turn from ''only extream cases'' operation to ''rich women who can afford'' operation.

shake zula
i don't know about this. you're gonna have some jane doe or john doe's dead face on you. but thne again i've never been in this predicament so i really would have no reliable input. never-the-less, it would bea medical breakthrough...

ladygrim
still wouldn't want dead peoples skin on my face ... its gross ...

LanİeWindu
Would you rather go through life with an extreme physical deformity on your face? Like if you were in a fire and your skin melted and got fused together creating the look of your skin being stretched out and all scar tissue?

ladygrim
i understand that but its just the thought ov having some dead persons skin on my face gives me the creeps

Sacrifise666
dont take this the wrong way.

but how did you not know abought that? take a look at all the actresses.

ladygrim
half of them are meant to be dead but they keep on living and having face lifts god theres faces will be in heaven before they are ...lol

Smiling_Sadly
well thats weird, not heard of that bfore!

MichaelMyerscoo
Jason from Friday the 13Th would probably have been happy if they had that when he was a kid not a ressurected dead man walking person.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.