Silver Surfer goes up against Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maelstrom
At first it might be a good fist fight, but i think Norrin owns Gladiator. He's just to fricking powerfull!

Linkalicious
I definitly see Surfer using up his power early and then getting his butt whooped around by Gladiator for a while. Then Surfers Cosmic powers replenish and he lays the smack down on Gladiator.

SuperDarryl
Whats up with The Gladiator versus threads. Everyone wants to pit Gladiator versus people.

VENOMfan
indeed. Maelstrom Im glad to see you have enthusiasm for the VS thread. but you should pitch ideas int he vs discusion thread. that way instead of 10 threads with 7 replies we get one thread with a huge debate.

moshtitan
oh man, surfer would own gladiator.

SuperDarryl
Why would Gladiator be owned by SilverSurfer in your opinion? What reasons would you say that Gladiator would be dominated?

moshtitan
simply because silver surfers ability to project his power cosmic in so many diffeent ways would be enough alone. what happens to gladiator when surfer starts rearanging his molecules? combine that w/ super strength, super speed, resistance to injury and i just dont see gladiator winning. but it would be a good battle nonetheless.

Wynndar
idk if surfer could rearrange gladiators molecules

Maelstrom
well I'm not to sure what you mean Venom fan. I am always active on my own threads, with multiple posts. Plus, i respond on other threads and return to those with mulitple posts. Plus i start new threads.
The reason I think Surfer would defeat Gladiator is cause Gladiator is like a rock in outerspace and Surfer is like the energy of Space. I think I would like to see Surfer use his Power Cosmic on Gladiator by infusining him with sufficiant energy to set him burning like a star.

moshtitan
oh....i honestly thought he could do that...oops, guess i need to study up! stick out tongue

Arachnoidfreak
Surfer CAN rearrange molecules, it is one of his abilities. he can use the Power Cosmic to rearrange molecules, like Firestorm, but 100 times better

Never
Well, the difference between Surfer and Firestorm as regards to their ability to manipulate matter is that Firestorm rearranges atoms. These are "smaller" than molecules, of course.

Gladiator is no match for the Power Cosmic.

Arachnoidfreak
yea, and Firestorm is limited to inanimate objects. im not sure if Surfer is though

moshtitan
ya, i thought he could do that, thats why i dont see gladiator pullin this fight out of his............mowhawk? stick out tongue

FrothByte
um i vote gladiator!!!! just so that somebody would vote for him.

but seriously, silver surfer would stand up, pick up his board, and whack gladiator's ass with it for being naughty.

moshtitan
lmao!!

norrin radd

JuggernautFan
i'm not so sure that silver surfer would win..... havn't these 2 been pitched in battle on more than one occasion? we have to look at each of thier abilities and thier personalities to boot....... gladiator and silver surfer are nearly equal in speed. no edge there. gladiator is stronger, no ifs no ands, and no buts.... silver surfer is more versatile, but with gladiators abilities and his more than surfer strength, it is an equal fight. now on to attitude. gladiator is ruthless, he does what is necessary, and uses his power to thier fullest extent. he is a warriors warrior, and he's going up against a pacifist at heart. gladiator WILL win. In my Opinion of coarse.

norrin radd
surfer is a pacifist is true, but who knows surfer knows that when he puts somethinh in his head he is unstopable.
it would be a good fight, but when surfer decided to really use is powers, he would murder gladiator.

Never
Heh, Gladiator's strength will not do him any good. Hardly equal consider Surfer can rearrange molecules and is virtually INDESTRUCTIBLE. Gladiator has had his butt handed to him soooooo many times by allegedly inferior opponents, so his "warrior" reputation is not nearly as sterling as some would like to make it out to be.

Heh @ "nearly equal in speed."

Pacifist? Most of the time. Ask Orion (Darkseid's son) what happens when he is pissed off.

Linkalicious
Surfer going nuts is a force for anyone to reckon with. I doubt he would start the fight in any fit of rage...but somewhere along the way, he'd flip out and whip the sh!t out of Gladiator.

And Surfer's considerably faster than Gladiator when he's on his board....which is pretty much always.

Unstoppable
Gladiator, for the most part, is a character with a ton of potential that always seems to fail in order to beef up the main character whom is going against him at the time. I mean, take a serious look at his powers and potential - and tell me that him being beaten by the X-Men is feasible.

It's not.

He is the equivalent of Superman, except that with his pisonics/technology, he is capable of more impressive feats - you know. The whole, Baxter Building not crumbling under it's own weight, and such - if Superman tried to lift the building up, it'd have just immediately crashed around him as he lifted it. You get the idea.

So with all this potential, there is always something which makes him lose confidence, thus dropping his power levels to low levels, and he gets trounced.

It's the potential that intrigues people, I would assume. He's a cool character.

Never
*yawn* Superman has punched through time yet Gladiator is physically capable of more impressive feats?

Zounds! Cluelessness abounds!

Unstoppable
Did I say Superman Prime? Heh, no, I didn't - and if I am *not* mistaken, that is whom punched through time. I could be wrong. Just more rudeness from you. I'm wondering how much further your attitude can devolve, here.

Please respond with something about how stupid I am or how you have your foot up my ass, or.. whatever else you can come up with. Please.

Never
Superman Prime IS Superman.

Waaaaah, "more rudeness from you" whenever I blow your bullshit out of the water?

LoL, Superman has picked up Thor's hammer. Think Gladiator could? Maybe he could psionically.

Killed Doomsday, has ACTUALLY flown through a star, has tied Flash, was damn near a God, overcame Mageddon's psionic "chaff."

But Gladiator is capable of "more impressive feats." Like...constantly getting his ass handed to him by far less powerful beings.

Name one.

FrothByte
its f*cked up the way gladiator constantly gets beat by far less powerful beings. its just that gladiator is not that popular which is why they write him getting beaten. written properly, gladiator should be one hell of character to come up against.

Arachnoidfreak
well, you could make that argument for anyone. written properly, Magneto would be unstoppable, with the exception of a cosmic force. written properly, Maggot could have been bad-ass. written properly, Ghost Rider would be uber great, have a friggin top-10 comic book, and he'd have his own friggin series again. with good writing lots of not-so-popular characters with shitloads of potential would be more well known, and cooler. Moon Knight, Blue Devil, and The Ray just to name a few

FrothByte
ain't that true...

Wynndar
yea man i thought maggot was cool...someone said he died, how was that?

Arachnoidfreak
Somewhere in this thread

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=295626&highlight=maggot

Beyonder
Arachnoidfreak

well, you could make that argument for anyone. written properly, Magneto would be unstoppable, with the exception of a cosmic force. written properly, Maggot could have been bad-ass. written properly, Ghost Rider would be uber great, have a friggin top-10 comic book, and he'd have his own friggin series again. with good writing lots of not-so-popular characters with shitloads of potential would be more well known, and cooler. Moon Knight, Blue Devil, and The Ray just to name a few

Except that Gladiator is based on Pre-Crises Superman who's much stronger and who beat Hulk. Gladiator also fought Supreme (twice Gladiator's strength) and did well against the guy, only pretended to have lost so Supreme would leave because their fight would've caused more damage than good.

Gladiators also leader of the Imperial Guard of the Shi'Ar Empire: an INTERGALACTIC EMPIRE. He shouldn't be losing to people lesser in power than him, but he does due to low popularity. Look at Galactus' herald Firelord's LOST sad against Spiderman (streetlevel hero) or Wolverine beating Exodus (team level threat) or Magneto (team level threat).

Gladiator should mudstomp most people...except Silver Surfer...but SS doesn't take this easily either, going have to work for it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.