Deadpool: An Avenger!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maelstrom
Avenger's are my fav. and Deadpool i like better than Wolverine. He has the power and uses weapons. He's one of the only sucssefull to make that work and work it well.
The Avengers need some attitude. Anyone else think Deadpool is a class act?

Arachnoidfreak
I love Deadpool, but he's a loner. he doesnt belong on a team.

VENOMfan
Yeah thats the whole Mercenary persona. but If he were a team player he would make quite an addition

Darth Jello
he was on a team of sorts in the hilarious book from 97 (one big spiderman parody, complete with gwen stacey clones). he wouldn't be on the avengers, since he thinks hero is a dirty word

Maelstrom
Ya well the Avengers need someone who can fill the Wolverine hole that has been created in Marvel and Deadpool will do that and more. I love that he is riddled with cancer and that his looks are all horid. It makes him seem all the more real.

Darth Jello
read the 97 run. deadpool's purpose is to parody all the other marvel super heroes, besides, he already spent some time hanging out with a bunch of retards called the great lakes avengers.

Arachnoidfreak
hahaha i remember the Great Lakes Avengers. funny stuff laughing

Darth Jello
first of all, i thought i'd list deadpool's most prized possessions: a picture of him and syrin, Kinpin's stolen underwear, a Yoda doll stolen from Mark Hamill, blind al's ulcer pills, amelia earhardt's pilots licensce, dr. doom's mask.

anyway, #1 reason he woudn't be an avenger-he likes making prank calls, and in one of the issues he first prank calls wolverine (whatever the question was, wolverine replies "i make sure they're fully retracted before i go"wink and then captain america. apparently cap didn't really think it was in good taste to be asked if he had "Bucky in a can". so yeah, pissin off cap isn't a good start.

Viper
It would be interesting, if not just for comedy purposes, to see a situation where he was forced to become a temporary member of the team (don't ask me how, I'm just saying)

ScarletSpider
That was funny when he made all the prank calls. Isn't he on a sort of team at the moment, there's some book Marvel is putting out, with him, bullseye, sandman, juggernaut and a couple others all searching for some disc that has every hero's personal info.

Arachnoidfreak
Really? ill have to search for it, i love Deadpool. the new Cable/Deadpool is pretty good also, the artist does a great job, and its a good story too.

moshtitan
man, i cant stop liking deadpool more amd more, hes just so damn cool. i was never really into to him before but after reading about him, man, hes a BADASS!!!

Arachnoidfreak
Indeed. i personally find him funnier than Spiderman, and i like that he is a mercenary, not just another hero whos stops short of killing. Deadpool sheds lots of blood, and i love it

moshtitan
kinda like a bad, happy, funny, punisher.

Darth Jello
funeral for a freak was the funniest comic story i've ever read. and the comic you speak of is a mini series called identity disc. i don't know if DP's involved but bullseye and the juggernaut definitly are. basically some villian threatens to kill their loved ones unless they band together and find a disc that AIM has with every hero's secret identity (i wasn't actually aware that bulls had any loved ones. i figure he's in it just to kill people and get money).

moshtitan
ill have to pick that comic up. sounds interesting.

Darth Jello
it comes out some time in mid june

moshtitan
mid june, here i come!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.